PCOS fertility issues

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

PCOS fertility issues

Postby frenchielover » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Hello all. Im new on the site however i have looked at some posts in the past. I have PCOS and have been ttc for 18 months to no avail. I was referred to a gyne after 2 yrs of begging my doctor to help me. I do ovulate sometimes, but not every month, i have irregular and erratic periods ranging from 44-59+ day cycles and periods lasting 2 weeks sometimes. The gyne told me after a lap and dye my tubes are fine but my overies do have cysts but not in an extreme case. My partner has low sperm count/motility also. The hospital told me to lose weight and they will offer me icsi up to 3 rounds of. That was in June. I have about 3 stone to lose. Iam over weight. (I previously lost 6 stone) and kept it off as i was controlling my pcos with the pill. Ive lost 1 stone in about a month using slimfast which has been easy and straight forward. I was told to use metaformin but it did not agree :-( this month i have the worst pulling sensation on my left ova for about 2 days now like a pinch and pull sensation. Also occasionally waves of feeling sick... i did a test BFN on thurs last week.does anyone have any success stories in the same situation as me? Or similar? Would love to hear something positive. Thanks. Carly x
frenchielover

Re: PCOS fertility issues

Postby Alana90 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:37 am

Hey! Welcome to the forum. The detail was bit long and took more than a min over so many things. Though I never had all such. But have heard so many time about same conditions from the women. And what I could say is this just a tough point to get along with all such things. But I am sure you would make it. I would suggest you stay connected with your doctor. In case of any symptoms or confusions. He could help you the best possible. All the prayers and wishes for you.
Alana90

Postby dakota-ken » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:23 am

Hey there dear hope you are doing just fine, well first you have to calm down and relax and realize that going through these treatments sometimes show side effects and requires time for their results to come up so you should ask your doctor that whether these symptoms are side effects or what also every treatment requires consistency and patience and I hope you are doing great in both of the things. Also i hope that you must have chosen the best clinic for yourself for the treatment if not then do try Bio Tex Com as they on their way to guide us and solve many of the queries that we have in our mind they are the best supporters in this field I hope everyone takes advantage of their event.
dakota-ken
Friend

Postby katherine582 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:31 am

Hey Frenchie.I am sorry to hear about it.I know it must be one of the difficult times for you right now.I would recommend you to heed your doctors advice.Keep losing that weight and eventually all will be fine.It may seem difficult now . But when you have done it.You will say it was the easiest thing to do.I pray that you are cured through this process.I am an infertile.I have no other option left other then surrogacy.I have contacted a clinic and they have guided us well in this matter.We recently signed a contract with them.Soon will shortlist a surrogate.I pray that you can conceive naturally.So please keep working hard as i believe it will work out for you.Best of luck and do pray for us.
katherine582
Friend

Postby evi stewart » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:27 am

Hi! Loved to read your successful story. Yes, I would love to share my story with you . I had IVF from a very good clinic. I am a blessed mother now. This is the best and most amazing news I have ever heard. This clinic in Ukraine is the best for surrogacy and IVF. They made my wishes come true. They have filled my life with happiness. I couldn`t even imagine to hold my own baby in my hands. After hearing the news of infertility, to be a mom was mere a dream. But now, with the blessings of GOD I have my baby boy sleeping in my lap. The most important thing to go for a treatment is the clinic. Choice of clinic is the crucial part for having a future with babies. Thanks to my friend who told me about the best clinic. May god bless you al!
evi stewart
Friend

Postby Pliskova » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:14 am

Hey, honey! I hope you're okay. I just want to wish you the best of luck. I'm sorry to hear about your issues. This doesn't sound great. How about you consult a doctor? Or better yet, there's an event coming up. It's in London, actually. A clinic that I went to, in Ukraine, are hosting it. I am infertile, but I managed to conceive through IVF. They excel in this stuff. They'll be hosting a Q/A session. I'm fairly certain they can offer you the best advice. Good luck to you!
Pliskova
Friend

Postby Xenia » Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:39 am

Honey, my friend has PCOS. It's a difficult situation. She managed to conceive through IVF. Have you ever considered going for it? Either way, I think it makes sense to lose weight. It's really important to do that. You've got plenty of options, once you lose weight. Good luck with that! Baby dust.
Xenia
Friend

Return to Overweight and Infertile