PCOS fertility issues

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

PCOS fertility issues

Postby frenchielover » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Hello all. Im new on the site however i have looked at some posts in the past. I have PCOS and have been ttc for 18 months to no avail. I was referred to a gyne after 2 yrs of begging my doctor to help me. I do ovulate sometimes, but not every month, i have irregular and erratic periods ranging from 44-59+ day cycles and periods lasting 2 weeks sometimes. The gyne told me after a lap and dye my tubes are fine but my overies do have cysts but not in an extreme case. My partner has low sperm count/motility also. The hospital told me to lose weight and they will offer me icsi up to 3 rounds of. That was in June. I have about 3 stone to lose. Iam over weight. (I previously lost 6 stone) and kept it off as i was controlling my pcos with the pill. Ive lost 1 stone in about a month using slimfast which has been easy and straight forward. I was told to use metaformin but it did not agree :-( this month i have the worst pulling sensation on my left ova for about 2 days now like a pinch and pull sensation. Also occasionally waves of feeling sick... i did a test BFN on thurs last week.does anyone have any success stories in the same situation as me? Or similar? Would love to hear something positive. Thanks. Carly x
frenchielover

Re: PCOS fertility issues

Postby Alana90 » Wed May 30, 2018 11:37 am

Hey! Welcome to the forum. The detail was bit long and took more than a min over so many things. Though I never had all such. But have heard so many time about same conditions from the women. And what I could say is this just a tough point to get along with all such things. But I am sure you would make it. I would suggest you stay connected with your doctor. In case of any symptoms or confusions. He could help you the best possible. All the prayers and wishes for you.
Alana90

Return to Overweight and Infertile