Weight Loss Buddies, TTC battle wages on!

Is weight affecting your fertility? Talk to others in your shoes here!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Weight Loss Buddies, TTC battle wages on!

Postby HopingforUs » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:02 pm

I was really hoping to start a current thread for people to support each other and (fingers crossed) share their positive results from all of the effort! :D

Our Story:
DH and tried on our own for a few years, hoping beyond hope that something would change. It didn't. We were referred to our RE and over the last year we did medicated cycles, IUI's and our next step is/was IVF. I was informed at the end of September that in order for us to move on to IVF my BMI needed to be 35 or lower to see a high success rate with IVF and that my current BMI was too high for their insurance to cover a procedure requiring anesthesia. I had a break down :cry:. I literally cried for two days. On day three I committed myself to losing the weight that I have known I needed to lose for years. :doh:

What I'm doing to shed the weight:
My goal is to drink 100+ oz's of water a day, I go weeks without being good at it but that is my goal!
I have cut out gluten, sugar, and foods with a high fatty content. As with any diet you have to be reasonable with this, so if we have to eat out and I have to eat a whole wheat wrap or bun, I survive.
I do my best to stay at or a little under 1000 calories a day.
I do not beat myself up if I taste something that is unhealthy and I try not to beat myself up when I weight and the scales are not where I think they should be. :roll:
I eat meal replacement shakes 4-5 nights a week for dinner and we do our best to eat dinner no later than 7PM each night. (DH is doing this with me, we both have gained weight over the years)

I am down 45lbs in 90 days. I am really hoping by my 33rd birthday to be really close to my personal goal weight. That gives me another 6 months to do the job. I decided to go off of all of the medication, to just give my system a true cleanse and a mental break. I'm not temping, I'm not keeping up with CM....just giving myself a true break. We needed it. I needed it before I went insane. :omg: When I am getting close to my goal I'm going to take the progesterone and get myself back on schedule so when I make my appointment we can start off on the right foot. Hey...maybe we'll get knocked up all on our own and I can save us some $$$ :rofl:. Baby Dust to you all!!
2013-2015, Trying without medical intervention.
March - May 2016: clomid + ovidrel, ovulation = BFN (4 times with clomid in all, continued to thin lining even with estridial)
June - July 2016: femara + ovidrel + IUI = BFN
August - Sept 2016: clomid + ovidrel + IUI = BFN
Last week in Sept 2016 to date: Informed that my BMI was too high for the clinic to perform IVF. Told to take 6 months and try to lose the weight.
HopingforUs

Re: Weight Loss Buddies, TTC battle wages on!

Postby faithrock » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:18 am

FX for your IVF and congrats on the weight loss thus far!! I'm starting the same journey myself. Got my vitamins ready, work out clothes, and dusted treadmill off for rainy days.
DH:31
Me:40
DD:6years
TTC#2
4 Angels in Heaven

My Ovulation Chart
faithrock
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby HopingforUs » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:10 am

Thank you @faithrock, good luck! Each day is a new trial but it will be worth it in the end!
March - May 2016: clomid + ovidrel, ovulation = BFN (4 times with clomid in all, continued to thin lining even with estridial)
Last week in Sept 2016 to date: Informed that my BMI was too high for the clinic to perform IVF. Told to take 6 months and try to lose the weight.
HopingforUs

Postby HopingforUs » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:31 am

Update: 60lbs down.
HopingforUs

Postby EliRivers » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:21 pm

Holy smokes HopingforUs!!!! GOOD JOB!!!!!

Are you doing exercise as well as diet control? I am seriously in awe of your dedication!
EliRivers
Friend

Postby HopingforUs » Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:04 pm

Thanks EliRivers,

I'm actually down 70lbs now and pregnant. I was walking every morning, I've been on pelvic rest for the past few weeks after some unexpected bleeding but hoping to get the all clear after our appointment next week.

I was shocked, absolutely shocked to get a positive after what I thought was a light period. I was 65lbs down at that point. I have lost an additional 5lbs since finding out I am pregnant. I really wish you good luck, it was so worth it!
HopingforUs

Return to Overweight and Infertile