DECEMBER IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

DECEMBER IUI

Postby ggarcia78 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:18 pm

Hello all! I was previously part of the November group and unfortunately did not get a BFP after my TWW. I have begun the process for my second cycle and just completed 5 days of clomid 200mg/day. My dr upped my dose this cycle and the cramps I felt on day 4 were so unbearable I took myself to the ER because I thought something was wrong. Thank goodness it wasn't anything serious and I was able to finish the 5 days. Monday will be my 1st ultrasound post clomid so here's to hoping for better results this round. On top of my prenatals, I'm starting to take fertility vitamins and CoQ10 supplements. Hubby is also taking proxseed and CoQ10 sups. I want to try and give us a better chance this round. Any tips would be appreciated!! Good luck to all who were in the previous November group going into December and good luck to my fellow December sisters. Baby dust to all!
ggarcia78

Re: DECEMBER IUI

Postby Lyn17 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi ggarcia, I’m so sorry you didn’t get the BFP last cycle. Well wishes and good luck to you this cycle. I take ubiquinol it’s a more potent form of coq10 and it for older ages. I guess coq10 is not absorbed well at an older age. I’m 36. I had my first IUI on Thursday and I am currently 1 DPO so I have a long wait. I had 4 mature follicles when the IUI was done. I was on Femara and 2 shots of Gonal F. I stopped taking the ubiquinol after the insemination because I don’t know if it’s safe if I were to get pregnant or if it would cause me not to get pregnant. But I did take it months leading up to IUI. Baby dust to both of us :)
Lyn17
Friend

Postby ggarcia78 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi Lyn17! Good luck to you this TWW keep yourself busy haha! I was dying last round. Thanks for the tip on ubiquinol. I will try it! I’m 39 myself so maybe it’ll be better for me.
ggarcia78

Postby Lyn17 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:36 am

Here is one website on the ubiquinol and TTC

http://natural-fertility-info.com/antio ... uinol.html
Lyn17
Friend

Postby Manjula » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi ggarcia and Lyn,
How are you doing?
I was im november iui group...i had my second iui on wednesday. My normal ovulution would have been on saturday,but as i took clomid on day 3 to 7 and then hcg on Tuesday,my doctor said that iui should be on wednesday. So my iui was done after 26 hours of trigger shot and 3 days before the date of ovultion if i were not taking any medicines. Although i am a bit confused how they calculated when should i get trigger as in my nov iui the trigger shot was exactly the day before my natural ovulation and iui was on the day of ovulation
I dont have any symptoms though. I hope they know what they are doing though, as both my iuis are monitored by blood work and ultrasound.
Manjula
Friend

Postby Lyn17 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:52 pm

Hey Manjula, I’m right there with you. I hope the timing of both or our IUIs were done correctly since they were monitored with blood and US. The Femara stopped or delayed my normal ovulation day. My cycle and fertile window, ovulation are typically like clockwork. They did my IUI 41 hours after the trigger and right after ovulation. Seems really weird. But my RE office said the want the egg already there waiting when they insert the sperm. I Am 3 DPO with no symptoms. The Endometrin suppositories are making me sooo tired and have vivid dreams that are aweful. I take my blood pregnancy test on 12/14. When are you go to take a pregnancy test? Hopefully we can support each other. This TWW is nerve racking
Lyn17
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:54 am

Hi everyone, well unfortunately my November IUI didn't work either. I am still debating whether or not I will do my 5th IUI this month. I am a bit of an emotional wreck right now. I think my body could use a break physically and emotionally. But then I don't want to give up yet either. I am a mess, lol
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ggarcia78 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:22 am

Hi Ajb38! I'm so sorry that November IUI was a no go for you too..I definitely know how you're feeling. I'm hoping that this 2nd round will be better for us. Hang in there!! I know this journey is an emotional roller coaster, but it'll be worth for all of us. Hi Manjula, my hubby and I were just saying that this morning after my ultrasound....that we have to trust what they tell us, even if we may feel like our ideas differ a bit from our drs. For instance, like I said I had my 1st ultrasound this morning after 5 days of Clomid. Of course, it didn't work...and I knew it wouldn't that's why I still don't understand why she didn't want to start this cycle straight into menopur shots, rather than w/ Clomid. Anyway, I will start menopur shots tonight, and possibly esterase on Friday...which is different from the way we did the 1st cycle too. I don't know...it's frustrating but I'm just trying to go w/ the flow. Lyn17 I got the ubiquinol you suggested, so let's see what happens. Baby dust to us all!!
ggarcia78

Postby hjg6767 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:49 am

ggarcia78 wrote:Hi Lyn17! Good luck to you this TWW keep yourself busy haha! I was dying last round. Thanks for the tip on ubiquinol. I will try it! I’m 39 myself so maybe it’ll be better for me.

Definitely look into it! Research suggests that it may help support egg quality. There has also been research on sperm health, so keep that in mind as well.

Ubiquinol is the active form of CoQ10 that our bodies use. We convert ubiquinone (usually labeled CoQ10) into ubiquinol in the body. As we age, we cannot do this conversion as well. Another issues with CoQ10 is that it is poorly absorbed by our bodies. Even regular ubiquinol is not well absorbed. The key is to look for a water and fat-soluble form for better absorption.

I hope this helps!
hjg6767

Postby ggarcia78 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:27 pm

Thank you hjg6767! I didn't realize water/fat-soluble would be the better option when looking at ubiquinol. I will definitely look for that!
ggarcia78

Postby Manjula » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:59 pm

Lyn17 wrote:Hey Manjula, I’m right there with you. I hope the timing of both or our IUIs were done correctly since they were monitored with blood and US. The Femara stopped or delayed my normal ovulation day. My cycle and fertile window, ovulation are typically like clockwork. They did my IUI 41 hours after the trigger and right after ovulation. Seems really weird. But my RE office said the want the egg already there waiting when they insert the sperm. I Am 3 DPO with no symptoms. The Endometrin suppositories are making me sooo tired and have vivid dreams that are aweful. I take my blood pregnancy test on 12/14. When are you go to take a pregnancy test? Hopefully we can support each other. This TWW is nerve racking

Hi Lyn, the previous two week period was more hard on me. It was a perfect IUI wrt timing. And i was thinking I had symptoms. This IUI i am not experiencing any symptoms and timing was also not that great. I am not thinking much about it.And a production release at office this week and weekend is keeping me very busy and I am thankful for this otherwise it would have been really tough on me. I am already thinking about next steps. I will not have any more IUI this year. I also read somewhere that IUI has little success for people with unexplained infertility. I really don't want to sound pessimistic.But thats how i feel right now. So may be IVF is the next step for me. But I know sometimes IVF is also not successful.Anyway, I am not going to do any home pregnancy tests. Going to doctor tomorrow for 1 week blood test. And then will go next week 12/13 for pregnancy test. I was discussing with my husband just now that there is nothing we will gain by this and next blood test.I should just wait for a few more days and we will know. I am not sure what my doctor will gain by these tests. I have been already monitored for three full cycles. Doctor's office is 1 hour away and its difficult to manage when i have to reach my office at 9. Its a relief that doc office opens up at 7.
Well, enough about me. Do you have any symptoms so far? I am sorry to hear you feel tired. Are you still feeling tired? I am here to support you during your tww. May God bless you with a healthy and beautiful baby soon. Take care of yourself.I really wish all of us Dec IUI ladies get BFP. I am praying and asking God to bless us all...
Last edited by Manjula on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manjula
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:12 am

Good morning everyone! Manjula usually my dr would day a 1 week blood test for progesterone levels. Maybe that is why they want you to come in?

I have decided not to go forward with an IUI this moth. I just don't see the point since last month was "perfect" with 5 beautiful follicles and still nothing. So instead of continuing down the same path I asked my dr if there were any additional testing we could this month to try and find some reason this is not working. I am having an HSG done tomorrow. Hoping it will knock some of the cobwebs out of my tubes and I will get pregnant on my own this month. If not, I will be back to IUI again in January. Have any of you had an HSG done? I'm kind of scared that it will be painful.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Manjula » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:31 pm

Hi Ajb38, yes you are right. I went and had the blood test done.My progestrone level is 34.6 and estrodiol level is 246. They said its good level.
Yes I had HSG done to find any blockage in fallopian tubes. My doctor also said that sometime there is just some minor cervical mucus collected in fallopian tube the dye solution washes it away. She told me that some people get pregnant after HSG. But in my case it did not happen. It was not painful to me. But i read that it can be painful if there is some blockage.My best wishes to you..
Manjula
Friend

Postby Lyn17 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:36 pm

Hey Manjula,
It’s so crazy that our cycle is the same. I take my 1 week progesterone tomorrow morning and the office is 40 min away from my job. They alway make me late when I have to do ultrasounds and blood. Many women progesterone levels are too low and so their bodies can’t support a pregnancy. The uterine lining is thin and can’t support embryo. I’m glad you took the test and your levels are really good. See the article below on progesterone levels. I’m not sure how true it is

https://www.healthline.com/health/serum-progesterone

My blood pregnancy text is 12/14. I have not had any symptoms really. Just extremely gassy everyday and very tired but that may just be from the daily progesterone inserts.

I shouldn’t say this but I think my husband and I may be headed to IVF as well. My ovarian reserve is on the lower side and my husband has low sperm count. We tried the IUI because insurance covers a large portion of it. Plus me being on the meds will give the doctor and indication of how my body does on the meds so he knows how to move forward. I guess I was just hoping for a miracle with this IUI. After the sperm was washed the count was only 6 million. But I have been trying to be positive. We cant afford IVF. Amazing this happen all the time and doctors don’t know everything.

It’s still early for us to have symptoms. Lots of women say they have definite symptoms by at 8 or 9 dpo. Some women don’t get any symptoms. Don’t lose hope. I’m sending positive vibes your way. Things will work out. I will follow up with my progesterone level tomorrow

Talk to you soon :)
Last edited by Lyn17 on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lyn17
Friend

Postby Lyn17 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:17 pm

7 dpo no symptom. I had my progesterone level checked today and didn’t get a phone call. The doctors office said they would only call if my levelscdidbt come back right and they needed to do something. I still wish they would have let me know my levels. I am going to call them. Originally I told you all my AMH Test in February and it was 0.84 meaning low ovarian reserve. I just restarted and my level came back at 1.5 AMH. That’s better I would like to have more than one kid if possible. Not sure how that happen typically the level only decreases.

What’s going on with you ladies? Anything new?
Lyn17
Friend

Next

Return to IUI