January IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

January IUI

Postby Ajb38 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:00 am

Well here we are again....a new year...a new month....another IUI
This will be my 5th and final IUI. I started taking Femara last night and I will start injections on Saturday. Hope there are others who will join me.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Re: January IUI

Postby hopefulmoms » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi! I'm new posting but I have been reading everyone's posts for the last couple of months. My partner and I are trying to get pregnant using frozen sperm from a donor. I am 40 y/o and I'm the one trying to get pregnant. We've been through 2 unsuccessful IUIs (October and December 2017) and we are quite sad it hasn't worked out, but we want to keep trying at least once or twice more. The first IUI was with no drugs and the second one with Femara. The clinic is now recommending I do injections this next cycle.
One of the hardest part about this journey is not having anyone to talk about it. Thank you for reading <3
hopefulmoms
Friend

Postby mayb_this_month » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi there,

This is my first try of IUI. I am so nervous and have no idea what to expect. I started taking meds this morning and start injections tomorrow. It's so scary but I want it so bad!
mayb_this_month
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:13 pm

hopefulmoms- I definitely recommend injections along with femara. Especially at your age (which happens to my age too:) My dr says I need around 5 nice size follicles to get a healthy egg. I had just that last cycle with femara and injections, but sadly it still didn't work. We are doing the same protocol this month. Please let me know if you have any questions or just need to vent.

Mayb- Good luck on your first try. It is definitely overwhelming at first. But you will get the hang of it!
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Emcbee » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:28 am

This will be my first IUI month also! Good luck to everyone :)
Emcbee
Friend

Postby Hannah@26 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:00 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm currently one week into my two week wait. This is my second medicated IUI with frozen donor sperm. My husband was diagnosed with azoospermia. I'm getting anxious, and am starting to get pms symptoms, and what feels like a cold. Hoping for good news next week.
Good luck to you all as well!
Hannah
Hannah@26
Friend

Postby hopefulmoms » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:44 am

Ajb38 wrote:hopefulmoms- I definitely recommend injections along with femara. Especially at your age (which happens to my age too:) My dr says I need around 5 nice size follicles to get a healthy egg. I had just that last cycle with femara and injections, but sadly it still didn't work. We are doing the same protocol this month. Please let me know if you have any questions or just need to vent.

Mayb- Good luck on your first try. It is definitely overwhelming at first. But you will get the hang of it!

Thank you Ajb38. Any tips and words of encouragement are appreciated :) . My cycle is super late this month, I'm assuming it's because I took Femara last month. The waiting game continues! Can't wait to get my period so we can start monitoring this cycle.

Good luck Hanna@26, Emcbee, and mayb_this_month!
hopefulmoms
Friend

Postby Ajb38 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:28 am

Hopeful- Do you think you haven't gotten your period because your are pregnant? I know everyone is different, but femara has never changed my cycles.

Welcome Emcbee and Hannah! Good luck to both of you.
Ajb38
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby hopefulmoms » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:49 am

Ajb38 - they did a blood test at the clinic 14 days after my IUI and it came back negative. Having said that, my period is never this late. Is there such thing as a false negative blood test?
hopefulmoms
Friend

Postby mayb_this_month » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:34 pm

Good luck to everyone!

I had to give myself my first shot last night, it was really overwhelming. I cried for about 30 mins before I plucked up the courage to just jab it in! I spend my day injecting people as I am a nurse and I think people think because I am a nurse that all this will be no problem to me and I won't have any issues.

If any of you have been through this before, does it get any easier?
mayb_this_month
Friend

Postby Hannah@26 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:39 pm

Mayb_this_month: i dont have any experience with injections.Both of my cycles I was on Clomid, and had the hcg trigger shot administered by a nurse so I give you credit for having to give yourself injections. I know I would have a very hard time with that as well!
If this cycle doesn't work for me I'm going to ask my Dr about trying a different drug. I had three follicles both cycles, 2 that were over 20mm and 1 around 18mm.
Wishing you all the best, I hope the shots get easier everyday. Do you only have to do them for 5 days?
I struggle the most with the two week wait. It feels never-ending.
Hannah@26
Friend

Postby mayb_this_month » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:53 am

Hannah- I'm not too sure really, I've a scan on Monday to check on follicles so I think it will depend on how they are responding, there were 3 different types injections on my script so I'm presuming I'll be taking shots for another for awhile and then of course the trigger shot.
I tried clomid, it did nothing at all for me so my Dr. recommended a new med along with injections. I genuinely feel every two week wait gets longer and longer :) :)
mayb_this_month
Friend

Postby hopefulmoms » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:05 pm

I got my period today. This will be my 4th cycle monitoring and my first one with shots. Wish me luck!
hopefulmoms
Friend

Postby mayb_this_month » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:14 pm

Hopeful- Good luck x
mayb_this_month
Friend

Postby Emcbee » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:23 am

Scan, bloods and first merional 75 injection today. Back in 4 days for next bloods/scan. First cycle so keeping expectations low but feels good to finally be doing something proactive!
Emcbee
Friend

Next

Return to IUI