March IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: March IUI

Postby hopefulmoms » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:19 pm

enigm8a wrote:Yay! congrats Lyn17. Keep us posted. I need positive news.

Had IUI #3 yesterday. Seems a few of us are on number 3. Wow. Let's all have success this month! I am doubling down this month. I started acupuncture last week. Had a treatment Tuesday night and Wednesday morning after the IUI. Additionally I started the circle and bloom medication serious around day 8 (coupon code BLOOM17 for 15% off). I find it very relaxing actually. Finally, I booked a last minute 30 minute Reiki session yesterday. The practitioner was relatively new to Reiki but he was so sweet about my IUI and said he was honored to be a part of my process, he made me very comfortable. I'll keep doing the acupuncture.

Just for giggles I ate half a pineapple yesterday and today, taking care to chew on the core. Also for giggles, a friends grandmother said that if you sleep with a hat under the pillow during conception, you will have a boy. I don't care about the gender of my baby, but for fun I slept with my pink pussy hat and a white hat under the pillow.

Haha, love it!
hopefulmoms

Postby hopefulmoms » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:30 pm

Hey ladies! I'm 8 dpiui today. The anxiety is starting to build up. I don't know if this happens to you, but every time I've had an IUI I think about how I'm going to break the pregnancy news to friends and family. This time around I've been thinking about how I'm going to tell people we went through 4 unsuccessful IUIs and we're moving on to adoption. Is that crazy? I am trying to stay hopeful and positive but for some reason I am preparing myself for the worst, maybe because this is my last chance at being a biological mom and if we don't get a BFP I will be devastated.
hopefulmoms

Postby goldietarheel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Oh, hopefulmoms, I feel for you so much! Your anxiety is completely understandable. At 8 dpo, the game isn't over yet -- you've still got a few more days! I'm sending happy baby vibes your way.

My husband and I decided we'd try 4-6 before moving to adoption, too. I know it's easier said on the front end than done on the back end, so I'm not looking forward to that day when/if it comes. There are so many positives to adoption, but I wish I didn't have the pull to want my own biological child so I wouldn't feel a sense of loss if it's not in the cards for us.
goldietarheel

Postby Lyn17 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:22 am

hopefulms- I’m sending positive vibes your way. I’m very hopeful about you getting your BFP. I know this is easier said than done but try to do some things that will help you relax a bit of you can to help the process along :) 4th time is a charm. But I definitely understand where are are coming from. Prayers going up

Goldietaheel- good luck to you. I’m hoping to hear about more BFP’s this months.
Lyn17
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby goldietarheel » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Today is 10 dpo for me, with AF due at 13 dpo. I had BFNs on FRERs yesterday and today (which I kind of expected to get,TBH), and I had some spotting yesterday and today (maybe 2-3 hours each time). This is typical for me in the three days before AF arrives, so I'm thinking I'm out. But who knows?
goldietarheel

Postby Wifetobe-2019 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:57 am

I was inseminated on Wednesday so I have everything crossed now for #2 to work. When I got home from the clinic they rang and my heart sank thinking something was wrong. It wasn’t it was great news, a clinical tribunal has concluded that if this round doesn’t work I can have an NHS IVF but I have to have it straight away after this cycle, I have a slight problem called my wedding clashing with a possible pregnancy. This is going to be tough times and I’m super nervous about how invasive IVF is.
Good luck and baby dust to all x
Wifetobe-2019
Friend

Postby goldietarheel » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:07 pm

Well, AF has started to show herself. She'll be here in full force in the morning at 12 DPI. I'm out. I'm super bummed, but this was our first try. We'll be doing another natural iui next month, so I'll be back in the TWW 16 days from now.

Wifetobe-2019 -- Welcome! I'll be FX for you, too! But that's a bummer about the clash with your wedding. How far along would you be if you got pregnant on that cycle?
goldietarheel

Postby Wifetobe-2019 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:15 am

Goldie good luck to you.

I worked out if I was pregnant before June this year I’d have 2 months before the wedding any later than that is pushing it. But a baby is what we want so if it works out that way then so be it.
Wifetobe-2019
Friend

Postby KFinNY » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:56 am

I'm out as well. My beta this morning was negative. I'm on to April / IUI #5... fingers crossed that this will be THE one!
KFinNY
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby carly1234 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:56 pm

Hi! I just did my first iui, took 50mg of clomid days 6-10 and then went in on day 12 and had a few follicles including one at 21.5 cm. I had to leave town for work for the next two days and asked if they could give me medicine to hold off ovulation until I return but the doctor was afraid I would ovulate anyway so he gave me a trigger shot and then did the iui an hour and a half later. I have since looked up more about the timing of iui and am feeling discouraged because a lot of sites say that the washed sperm only lives for 12 hours. I can't find one actual medical research article stating this, though, so am wondering if anyone out there has any information. The doctor swore that the sperm will live up to 3 days and will be waiting for the egg when it's released. Has anyone experienced this? Thank you!!!
carly1234

Postby enigm8a » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:40 am

Lyn17 how did everything go? I've been thinking of you.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby enigm8a » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:41 am

carly1234 wrote:Hi! I just did my first iui, took 50mg of clomid days 6-10 and then went in on day 12 and had a few follicles including one at 21.5 cm. I had to leave town for work for the next two days and asked if they could give me medicine to hold off ovulation until I return but the doctor was afraid I would ovulate anyway so he gave me a trigger shot and then did the iui an hour and a half later. I have since looked up more about the timing of iui and am feeling discouraged because a lot of sites say that the washed sperm only lives for 12 hours. I can't find one actual medical research article stating this, though, so am wondering if anyone out there has any information. The doctor swore that the sperm will live up to 3 days and will be waiting for the egg when it's released. Has anyone experienced this? Thank you!!!

Sadly, I don't have an answer for you. But I know how stressful the first time can be and I'm sending positive energy your way. You might have ovulated on your own prior to the trigger shot...have hope!
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby carly1234 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:07 pm

enigm8a wrote:
carly1234 wrote:Hi! I just did my first iui, took 50mg of clomid days 6-10 and then went in on day 12 and had a few follicles including one at 21.5 cm. I had to leave town for work for the next two days and asked if they could give me medicine to hold off ovulation until I return but the doctor was afraid I would ovulate anyway so he gave me a trigger shot and then did the iui an hour and a half later. I have since looked up more about the timing of iui and am feeling discouraged because a lot of sites say that the washed sperm only lives for 12 hours. I can't find one actual medical research article stating this, though, so am wondering if anyone out there has any information. The doctor swore that the sperm will live up to 3 days and will be waiting for the egg when it's released. Has anyone experienced this? Thank you!!!

Sadly, I don't have an answer for you. But I know how stressful the first time can be and I'm sending positive energy your way. You might have ovulated on your own prior to the trigger shot...have hope!

Thanks so much for the positive energy! My business trip was cut short due to inclement weather so was able to try naturally 36 hours after iui. Fingers crossed!
carly1234

Postby Emcbee » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:25 am

#3 failed for us. Not sure if will go ahead with number 4 or have a break - I have the weekend to decide! Good luck to all xx
Emcbee

Postby enigm8a » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:24 am

Emcbee wrote:#3 failed for us. Not sure if will go ahead with number 4 or have a break - I have the weekend to decide! Good luck to all xx

I'm so sorry to hear that Emcbee. Sending positive thoughts and love your way.
enigm8a
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI