October IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: October IUI

Postby Jedi Woman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:15 pm

Hey madmarmar. How long after you got a positive LH surge did you do your iui? And also the timing diff from your past two cycles? Just askin as I think mine are happening too soon. Our clinic likes to do the iui as soon after the slag surge reading on the Irvine testing kits as possible. I think it’s too early?
Jedi Woman
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:25 pm

Jedi, have you tracked ovulation with temping at all? Or do you get reliable O pains? I always O 2 days after my first positive opk. Most people are a bit quicker. For this reason, my doc usually does IUIs the morning after your first positive, but she monitored my follicles all the way through ovulation so we'd know if our timing was good. Have you had monitoring with yours? Since this is your last shot, maybe you should ask to do a trigger this time so they know the timing is right?
Me (Becca): 33 DH:38

BFP Feb 20, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

BFP June 2, 2017 :angel: mc @ 5 weeks

Henry James born 7/2015

Giving letrozole a try at 2.5 mg:
Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby madmarmar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:27 pm

Thank you for the well wishes!!

I usually never get a positive OPK on my own, I’ve been doing ovidrel trigger shots with my iuis. First two, iui was 34 hours after trigger. With this one, iui was about 30 hours after trigger. My doc decided when I should trigger based on my ultrasound follicle check around day 14. This cycle I hAd one big follicle on the left, another one on the right.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jedi Woman » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:08 pm

Beecee, I did a trigger shot for one cycle and they did the iui the same day as the trigger I thought that was weird? I’m will get a positive LH on a public holiday here so it will have to be the next day which I think will be better timing thb.
Jedi Woman
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Busybeeme » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:05 am

Madmarmar congratulations!!!! I came back to check on you ladies and saw the news!!!!
Busybeeme
Friend

Postby BeeCee33 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:13 am

Marmar, HOW DID I MISS YOUR BFP POST?! I just saw busybee's post and I was really confused so I had to go back to the last page. Somehow I missed the last two posts on that page, but oh my goodness CONGRATULATIONS!!! AHHHH I'm so happy for you!

Jedi, IUI on the same day as the trigger seems way too early to me. Usually the earliest they do the IUI (from what I've read) is 24 hours later, usually 36. Although there is some evidence some washed sperm can live 72 hours, everything I've read says 24 is about the max, and they start dying off around 6-8 hours. :/

That being said, with normal intercourse, less than 10% of the available sperm ever make it through the cervix, which is estimated to be about 100,000. So if your donor's post wash sample is good, which I'm guessing it is, there should be a good number being put right where they need to be. Hopefully that means good things for longevity. I think your timing will be much better with this next one. Thank goodness for holidays! ;)
Last edited by BeeCee33 on Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby madmarmar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:20 am

Busybeeme wrote:Madmarmar congratulations!!!! I came back to check on you ladies and saw the news!!!!

Thank you so much busybeeme!!!!!! How are you doing? You're a few months in at this point, right? :)
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby madmarmar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:21 am

BeeCee33 - thank you for the congratulations!!!!! I still can't really believe it. I've taken Wondfo tests the past few days and my line keeps getting darker, which gives me peace of mind! My first doctor's appointment is November 12.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby madmarmar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:22 am

Jedi - have you ever taken progesterone after your IUI's? This cycle was my first time on progesterone, and it was weird to take but maybe helped me get this bfp. A friend of mine had a similar situation, she finally went on progesterone and that was the IUI that she got pregnant (with twins!) from.
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby madmarmar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:24 am

Sorry to blow up this board, but I wanted to share something that I thought was ironic. So wednesday i get my BFP, then on thursday I get a bill from my insurance company and they are saying they will not cover the three IUI's i've had thus far (even though my plan covers up to 6 IUI's) because my doctor's office did not get them preapproved. I think it's ironic that i got the bill the day after my BFP, but I hope I don't have to end up paying it because i'd rather put that money towards other baby expenses!! I wish USA insurance had better coverage for fertility related services. :(
madmarmar
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:36 am

Marmar, please don't get me started on insurance and fertility stuff!!!! It makes me so mad! Mine doesn't cover anything fertility related, even though it's a "good"/pricey plan.

Since your plan includes IUIs, I would keep fighting their decision. Get the billing department at your clinic involved, too. We had to do that when my son was admitted to the hospital-- they didn't want to cover the hospital stay because they claimed it wasn't medically necessary (?! You can't admit yourself! A doctor had to decide it was necessary!) In the end, the billing department at the hospital got it covered.

I hope you're able to get it figured out. What a way to celebrate your bfp... :/

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jedi Woman » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:38 am

I took progesterone this past cycle ... didn’t help. I still have my fingers crossed for this cycle. Today is cycle day 4, I am taking clomid today (days 4-6). This usually gives me two good follicles. I will take progesterone again. I really really hope this is the one.
We don’t get any of ours paid for at all. We have to cover all fertility costs ourselves too. It’s costing us a lot of money but we are hoping it pays off.
Jedi Woman
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Jedi Woman » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:23 pm

Any news on how anyone is doing?
Jedi Woman
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BeeCee33 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:20 am

I'm an emotional wreck lol. Today was supposed to be test day for me, but I don't know if I can do it. I'm 10 dpo, and I've gotten all of my other bfp's 10/11 dpo. But my gut is saying this didn't work and I can't quite bring myself to confirm that yet. :/ I might wait until 12 dpo for a more clear answer, unless the urge to test really hits before then.

Henry James born 7/2015

Cycle 1-- BFN
Cycle 2-- BFN
Added progesterone
Cycle 3-- BFN
Cycle 4-- BFN
Cycle 5-- IUI #1 10/4/18
My Ovulation Chart
BeeCee33
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Jedi Woman » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:08 am

Oh beecee I know the feeling!! Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

I’m on cycle day 7 today. I’ve just finished my three days of clomid (thankfully). So my iui will be about a week away. I have bloods on day 10 and then scan day 11.
Jedi Woman
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI