Christmas BFP?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anyone recognised any side effects from Injectibles?

nausea
No votes
bloating
71%
bad skin
14%
dizziness
No votes
weight gain
14%

Total votes : 7

Christmas BFP?

Postby cfash1 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:05 pm

Hey LOSTfan, I have relocated us to this forum....more appropriate than the "Miserable AF" one (even though AF was miserable)

So we are both CD 6 (day 4 of injectibles) today....

Hoping for a Christmas miracle.
Me: 32, DH: 33 TTC since 8/09 "unexplained fertility"/mild PCOS Clomid 100mg #1 June 2010 - BFN Clomid 100mg #2 July 2010 - BFN #1 IUI (clomid 100mg) August - BFN #2 IUI (cl 100mg) Sept (lining 2.7mm) -BFN October & November, trying naturally. 2 BFNs. #3 IUI (Puregon injectables) BFN for xmas. month off in Jan BCP in Feb. 24/2/11 Awaiting AF to start injections for IVF.
cfash1

Postby LOSTfan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Cfash- I really think we'd be great friends if we lived near each other. I would be thinking the same thing if my appointment was on a Saturday, especially one after my DH's bday party (as I sip my beer)

My RE "makes" (strongly urges) us to stop using OPKs and the like (I guess they're less accurate when it comes to Oing, though I used an electronic one that I felt was pretty accurate) and, instead, I take a 5000mIU shot of Novarel (HCG) which makes me O about 36 hours later. 2 cycles of 4 I actually felt the pang of ovulation withing 1-2 hours of that 36 hour time frame. That's how they'll time our IUI this month. I'll go in Monday for my follicle check - then probably schedule another one for Thursday/Friday. On the next appointment, they'll make sure my follicles are 22mm and I'll take the shot then to induce ovulation 36hours later. Then I go in 36 hours later for my IUI. My RE also said that doing 2 IUIs was more for people who didn't use ovulation trigger shots. Trigger shots are so accurate that 2 IUIs aren't shown (at least according to my RE) to have any greater success rates than 1 per cycle.

It's good to hear that your friend had such good fortune. I pray that women don't have to go through all of this. I am grateful to have you to talk to.

Have an awesome time tonight! Keep me posted!
Me:34 (Unexplained Infertility)
DH: 35
DD (4) from IVF#1 July 2011
TTC #2 2.5 yrs
FET #1 Oct 2013 Chemical
FET #2 Feb 2014 BFN
IVF #2 March 2015 Chemical
FET #3 Dec 2015 BFN
FET #4 March 2016 BFN
FET #5 July 2016 -Last 2 Blasts Transferred 7/15/16
LOSTfan

Postby LOSTfan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:54 pm

cfash- I hope everything went well yesterday! I have my b/w and u/s tomorrow at 7:45. I'm anxious, but excited. My biggest fear is actually having too many big follicles. I got 5 big ones in one of my Clomid cycles. I don't want my RE to cancel my cycle. *Babydust*
TTC #2 2.5 yrs
FET #1 Oct 2013 Chemical
FET #2 Feb 2014 BFN
FET #3 Dec 2015 BFN
FET #4 March 2016 BFN
LOSTfan

Postby cfash1 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:13 pm

Hey LOST - I think we'd be great friends too! I was the only one at my appointment 730 sat looking seedy and my DH was the only partner not there - he was too hungover!!! Ha ha...its only ur b'day once a year right!!? Poor him, a bit of stress relief was good for us both.

So they upped my dose to 100 for 3 days. But heading in to have more b/w tomorrow as well...another 730 start. So cruel on a monday!

Anyway, good luck to you and looking forward to hearing about ur appointment.
cfash1

Postby cfash1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Hey LOSTfan, how did your appointment go?

I just had a call from the nurse following my b/w. I am staying on 100 iu for the next 2 days (yay, no increases, keeping costs down). and then I will go in again for b/w and u/s on wednesday.

first u/s for this round - so will be interesting to see how many follicles. Fingers crossed not too many and we can't do!

Still no idea when IUI might be. Am so hoping its this week because DH is away for work next tuesday and they are recommending he do a frozen sample on monday if we need to. a) I don't think frozen is as good (my sis always says "fresh is best") and b) its ANOTHER $400! They're bleeding me dry this place.....

hope you had the results you are after!
cfash1

Postby LOSTfan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:23 pm

Hey CFash!
My u/s went well. I'm triggering tonight, already!
I had 3 mature follies. L: 20, 17 R: 19
My Estradiol level was 718

I've been researching online, and I guess CD9 is early, but there are many women who've had the trigger then and gone on to BFPs. I just worry that my follies were rushed! It's good for my wallet, at least. I only used 600mIU of Follistim this cycle. I have a whole extra vial for next time (I hope there's not next time and I just get to donate it, like I got for free from a pregnant lady that goes to my clinic.)

My IUI is scheduled for Wednesday. I'm really excited.

Hope it sticks! How are you doing?

*Babydust*
TTC #2 2.5 yrs
FET #1 Oct 2013 Chemical
FET #2 Feb 2014 BFN
FET #3 Dec 2015 BFN
FET #4 March 2016 BFN
LOSTfan

Postby cfash1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:30 pm

WOW~!!!! great news!!

How exciting its all happening.

And 3 - great! Are you worried about multiples? i wouldn't be! The more the merrier I say. (prob a very naive approach...but the longer you're on here the less you care about more than one right?!)

So excited for you.

So how do you trigger? You inject with something different?

and double yay for only 600IU!!! Maybe the stars are aligned and it is just your turn!! :jump: :jump:
cfash1

Postby cfash1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:31 pm

Does that mean test date will be 22 December now??
cfash1

Postby LOSTfan » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:46 pm

I'm not too worried about twins, but triplets would really worry me, though I'd still be really happy. I know it happens, but since I've never even had a BFP, I just don't think all 3 will take. We will see!

To trigger I have to mix some special bacteria resistant water with the Novarel powder and SWIRL, not shake (don't want any bubbles!) Then I switch needles, draw out 1ML of solution and inject it. Novarel is different than Follistim (which has FSH), instead it has HcG hormone. Somehow that triggers the little eggs to release.

My test day is still December 25th (17dpIUI) It would be earlier, but since I am taking a 2nd shot of Novarel on the 15th, I have to wait until 10 days after the shot to make sure the HcG is out of my system. Otherwise I could get a false positive. (a "booster" - helps make a pregnancy stick - I'm guessing by tricking the body into thinking a baby has implanted and making the uterus all cozy...)

I may buy some dollar store tests and POAS to track the trigger shot leaving my body so I'll be secure that any test I take before 17dpIUI isn't a false positive) Maybe I'll wait until Christmas morning... who knows. I haven't been able to wait yet.

:) :)
TTC #2 2.5 yrs
FET #1 Oct 2013 Chemical
FET #2 Feb 2014 BFN
FET #3 Dec 2015 BFN
FET #4 March 2016 BFN
LOSTfan

Postby cfash1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:45 am

OMG - that all sounds so complicated!!

Bummer though, that means my test is going to be after xmas. I am leaving DH and going to visit my family on the 27th - so I hope I don't find out when we are apart!

So which day are you actually doing the IUI? Tomorrow?
cfash1

Postby LOSTfan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Cfash- Yes, my IUI is at 9am tomorrow morning! I'm ready to move forward to that BFP!

If you don't use HcG trigger, you may still be able to get a BFP on or by Christmas. Christmas is 2 weeks from Saturday, so if you have your IUI Friday, Christmas would still be 14dpiui (recommended test date) If you have to have your IUI earlier, you may still get a BFP by Christmas, it just depends on how you metabolize the HcG and your body's production of it. Many women get BFPs days 12, 13piui.

Your IUI Day 12/11 - Christmas is 13dpiui
IUI 12/12 - Christmas is 12dpiui
IUI 12/13 - Christmas is 11 dpiui
IUI 12/14 - Christmas is 10dpiui
TTC #2 2.5 yrs
FET #1 Oct 2013 Chemical
FET #2 Feb 2014 BFN
FET #3 Dec 2015 BFN
FET #4 March 2016 BFN
LOSTfan

Postby cfash1 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:27 pm

OMG - goodluck!!! My fingers, toes and eyes are crossed for you!!!!!!!!!!!

I will know more about when my IUI is tomorrow after my u/s.

Going to do a good exercise tonight to wipe out some stress and so I can relax if the IUI is v soon. (I find it hard to do nothing for those few days after and it makes me more anxious!)

For some reason, once we both get through the IUI - I have a good feeling about this for us.

Santa is smiling at us! :hb:
cfash1

Postby LOSTfan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:24 pm

Hey girl. I feel you about stress. I'm a bit anxious right now myself. I felt 2 distinct pangs on my left side this morning on my left side (where 2 follies were) and I'm worried that I O'ed early. My DH and I BD last night as was our homework ,LOL, but I still worry that the eggs are sitting there not getting fertilized! Thanks for the well wishes. I hope you get lots of good news tomorrow at your appointment.

No matter what it looks like we're going to be really close on our test days. I'm feeling positive, in general. :fingersx: :sticky:

*Babydust*
TTC #2 2.5 yrs
FET #1 Oct 2013 Chemical
FET #2 Feb 2014 BFN
FET #3 Dec 2015 BFN
FET #4 March 2016 BFN
LOSTfan

Postby cfash1 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:18 pm

Oh mama mia, what a 24 hours it has been for me.

It started when my best friend called me last night to tell me she was 7 weeks pregnant. conceived accidently. Thrilled for her but an emotional wreck for the rest of the night.

Then I go to my appointment. 3 follicles! So the doctor gives us this big talk about multiples and says we should trigger today for fear of them growing bigger or more developing. And should we go ahead with the IUI with risk of triplets?? She was fairly risk averse and says she wouldn't do it if it were her. So we trot off for a coffee to talk it thru and DH has a bit of a mental breakdown about whether we should.

Anyway, we needed to have to the trigger anyway even if we don't IUI because she says its better for them to develop and adn the eggs go (without BD or IUI) to prevents cysts etc. So i go back and have trigger and have a really, really good and informative chat to this wonderful nurse about the multiple stats and what she would do etc etc. She explains to me (which the doc hadn't) that actually I have 1 follicle 18 and 2 that are 15.5. She says the doc is just presuming that these other 2 will develop and that there are not actually 3 there right now. This eases my mind enough to make me happy that we should go ahead. But we need to do it tomorrow because there are also in addition to the mature ones, 3 smaller ones and if we delay there is a risk of there being 5 or so because they too might mature. (and in this regard we are advised not to BD following IUI because who knows how many will have developed by then and we might end up like kate plus 8!!)

So there we are. IUI tomorrow - with a 30% risk of twins and a 7% chance of triplets. My fingers are crossed for happy healthy baby...beyond that I don't know what to think!!

Anyway, following that I arrive late to work and my boss decides to tell me that his wife is pregnant (who is a friend of mine). Is everyone in the world pregnant right now?????

Thankfully we actually had good news ourselves and are proceeding otherwise I don't think I would be coping with this news today.

How did yours go??? We're going to be one day apart at this rate!
cfash1

Postby LOSTfan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:58 pm

I feel you pain about other people getting pregnant. My BIL and his wife are 16 weeks pregnant with their second... just started trying and BAM! I was green for a few days over that one. One of my husband's best friends and his wife just had their second over the summer, and I didn't go to their 1st's 2nd birthday party because I didn't want to deal with my jealousy.

It's good to hear that you'll get to move forward with your IUI. As I read these fertility forums, it really upsets me that women have to advocate for themselves so much to get their own information/the whole story. It's like we're on a friggin assembly line or something. I'm really glad you got to talk to the nurse. You could have missed out on your Christmas BFP if you wouldn't have probed for more info!

My IUI went well this morning. No pain. Just a little awkward - different Doctors in the practice take turns being on call for u/s and IUIs each week. So on Monday and Today I had 2 different male doctor's down there. My only concern is still that I ovulated yesterday early in the morning (more than 24 hours before the IUI). Those pangs will haunt me until test day. I did feel a little pang today on the right side (I had an egg on the other side that was mature but that probably wouldn't have released b/c our bodies normally only release from one side each month) So, here's hoping. It only takes one, right.

I learned a lot obout Sperm today... They do an analysis before the IUI and had me sign a print out. Of course, they didn't really explain it. "Looks good!" was enough for them. So we asked to talk to the nurse ourselves after the procedure and got a copy of the details. After wash - there were over 38mil guys in the sample, a 3 for motility(2nd highest), and 90% forward progression. So if there's an egg, we should be good to go on DH's end. I'm pretty sure the risk of multiples is standard for all Follistim patients. Those are the same numbers we were told.

Looks like your test day will be 12/23 then. My test day is actually 12/25 b/c of that stupid shot. I'm only takign 2,500mIU booster, so I'll research and bet I can test early. As far as I've read before it's only 1 day per 1000mIU to get the HCG out of your system. My 14dpo would be 12/22.

Good luck tomorrow! Let me know how it goes!

:sticky:
TTC #2 2.5 yrs
FET #1 Oct 2013 Chemical
FET #2 Feb 2014 BFN
FET #3 Dec 2015 BFN
FET #4 March 2016 BFN
LOSTfan