April IUIs

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

April IUIs

Postby lisab » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:05 am

Hi ladies! Here I am on CD 1 after another chemical pregnancy :( I'm feeling really optimistic about my upcoming IUI this cycle though! :D We recently discovered that I have a blood clotting disorder, so I'll be on Lovenox during the TWW. This will be IUI #6 - EEK. I think my baseline appt will be tomorrow morning (Tues)...just waiting for a call back from my RE. We are going to pull out all the tricks for this one.

Anyone else getting ready to start? I would love to have some girls to get through this with. Here's hoping for a lucky month! :luck: Good luck to you all!! :babydustb:
Lisa~30 :love: Andy~30
:angel: Many early losses due to autoimmune and blood clotting disorders

*~My Blog~*

After 6+ years of waiting & 3 years, 8 months of seriously trying...
Our miracle arrived August 3, 2013 ~ 5lbs, 8oz & 18 in
Totally worth the wait!

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly..."
lisab
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aleena » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:20 am

Hey Lisa~
Getting ready to join you for the April IUI and so are quite a few ladies in the March thread...
Just waiting for AF...Baaah...:( I had quite a pee stick roller coaster this cycle.
I stalked you and I do believe you are on the right track with the new meds.
We're already at 5 pages on the March thread so I'll invite the ladies over here!
Good luck to you!
Me-29 :love: DH-49
TTC #1 since November 2009
DX: moderate MFI
6 medicated cycles, 4 IUIs
:angel: at 5.5 wks April 2011

IVF #1 (ICSI) August 2011 - BFN :(
1 SNOWBABY :hb: (day 6 hatching blast)
FET October 11th 2011 - BFP @ 5dp6dt!!!

RONAN LEE is here! - June 25th, 2012 -7lbs 1 oz, 19 in
aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannabmommee » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm such a dork..I've been posting on the old thread...

Lisa- good luck! :)

Aleena- When we don't want AF to show up..she does quickly..when we wait for her to start a new cycle..she freakin' takes her time! LOL

I forgot to mention..I had such a vivid dream last night that I took a pg test and it was positive! I couldnt' believe it that I took another one..and positive again..then I woke up :( hahahahaha
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby waitingtobemommy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Lisa: I'm glad you're joining us!! I'm so sorry you ended up with another Chemical :( Quick question....My old RE prescribed me Dexamethasone about a year ago for a couple months, I remember taking in during my LP phase, but I dont really remember the purpose. Why did your RE prescribe it to you? Maybe I should ask my new RE for it....?

Aleena: Sorry you will be joining us this month again! Wait, I hope that didnt come out wrong, but you know what I mean! :wink: Will you be doing a different protocol at all this month? Did you, or will you get a beta just in case?

AFM: I feel like I'm in limbo. My beta was still at 32 last Friday so my Re wouldnt prescribe me Femara. I'm going to do OPK to see if I detect a surge this month. If I do I might make an appointment for u/s to see if I have follies, how many, what size, etc. Depending on #'s, I might go ahead with IUI, if Re agrees, otherwise I might just do some au naturale BDing and wait for IUI next cycle...
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012
:angel: @ 5 weeks; March 2011
:angel2: @ 8 weeks; Jan. 2012-Trisomy 16

DS Owen Matthew born 1/17/13 via FET
Surprise natural BFP 8/3/14! EDD 4/10/15!
waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby megan6912 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Aleena- Boo on the bfn! :cry: Are you going to be doing another iui this cycle? Yeah, the plan for the next 6 months is to just monitor myself with opk's. I think I will get an u/s after 3 months though cause I want to see how many follies I'm actually producing on clomid. I feel like I'm doing this whole thing blind since I have no u/s's.

Lisa- I'm sorry about the chemical, but it does sound like you are on the right track. :D I hope the new meds and iui works this time. What is the protocol this month?

Waiting- Do they want you to do betas for awhile until it gets down to zero?

Wannab- I understand about not testing. I think testing is the absolute worst part of the tww! I feel like there is always hope until I take a test so I avoid them like the plague. I really hope yours is positive. :mrgreen: How many iui's have you done so far?

afm- Tomorrow is the last day of clomid and hopefully my face will clear up after that. There is so much going on down there with my ovaries right now, I have been cramping for the last 2 days so hopefully that means some good eggs this cycle. :mrgreen: I have been on the phone all afternoon fighting with insurance. This is the 7th time I've had to call and appeal a claim and I only started infertility stuff January. :x I'm enjoying not ovulating yet and not being in the tww. This is my favorite part of my cycles cause I have no pressure to bd and I'm not obsessing yet.
Me- 25
DH-24
DS-1
**Unexplained Infertility**
Failing at conception for 3 years
s/a- everythings normal. Blood tests normal, hsg everythings clear.
March 2011 IUI #1- Bfn
April 2011 Clomid + IUI+ progesterone-bfn
May 2011 Clomid+trigger+IUI+progesterone- BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28b35b
megan6912
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby wannabmommee » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:29 pm

megan- this is my first IUI being monitored. RE had me on letrozele and trigger..so first time for those too. I had clomid one cycle last year when I DH & I were really serious about TTC..and I think it worked great for me- that's when I felt a lot of activity in my ovaries too and I think I got some good eggs..this time around. letrozele only gave me 2 mature follies on the right side and zilch on the left...If I have to do another IUI, I'm hoping RE will prescribe something stronger for me to get more mature follies to work with. Seems like 4+ does the trick!
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby lisab » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:56 am

Hi ladies :) Thanks for the kind welcome and support!

Aleena - I'm so sorry about the pee stick rollercoaster this time :( If it's any consolation, it seem to me that you had a chemical. :( I hate all this crazy crap we have to deal with along the way. I feel so hopeful for you for next time though! :hugs:

wannabmommmee - Ooh vivid/BFP dreams are a good sign! I hope it comes true for you! Almost every BFP I got was preceded by a BFP or pregnancy dream :) :luck:

waitingtobemommy - Ugh, I hate that you're in limbo. I hope your levels start dropping and that you can still ovulate this cycle. It does happen! And I bet you'll be more fertile for next cycle. I'm taking the Dex because I have some autoimmune/inflammatory type symptoms and my new blood clotting disorder is in the autoimmune category. A lot of other people take it too because there is a theory that the body will reject and embryo as like a foreign invader. So the steroids like Dex can sometimes help make the embryo stick.

megan - Yay for your last day of Clomid! Woot! I hate the side effects and skin breakouts! Boo! Sounds like you have some nice follies brewing! FX! Sorry about your troubles with insurance - what a pain!!

:hi: to anyone else out there! Did you all know about the new site for TWW called the perky pickle? I don't know if this site is gonna crash or not. It's http://www.theperkypickle.com.

AFM - I got my protocol all set up yesterday. I'll be taking Femara 5mg CD 3-7 (for the first time ever), Follistim 150 units CD 5-trigger, Ovidrel trigger, Dexamethasone 4mg, Lovenox 40 units, and Progesterone. My first follie check is next Tues on CD 9. I usually grow 'em pretty fast. I'm just nervous about Femara because I usually do really well with Clomid, but I've done so many cycles with that, that they want to change it up. So fingers crossed! :)

GOOD LUCK and :babydustb: to all :luck: :fertilization:
Lisa~30 :love: Andy~30
:angel: Many early losses due to autoimmune and blood clotting disorders

*~My Blog~*

After 6+ years of waiting & 3 years, 8 months of seriously trying...
Our miracle arrived August 3, 2013 ~ 5lbs, 8oz & 18 in
Totally worth the wait!

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly..."
lisab
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby KMP » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:04 am

Morning ladies,

Well, I'm not IUIing this cycle either (lap), but I thought I'd jump from March to keep up for when we do one the 2nd week of May.

I've joined the Perky Pickle group too, but I'm now thinking things *may* have gotten blown out of proportion. One of the mods posted a letter from the new site owners and they claim to want to mod tww.com and improve it, so we'll see. I'm not sure I can keep up with two boards, but we'll see...I'll focus over here for now, I guess!

Lisa - welcome! I've followed your story a bit as well, and wish you luck.

Aleena - sorry to hear that your pee sticks were jerks this cycle.

Megan - I think I've mentioned this, but I wasn't monitored for the first 4ish months on meds and regret it now as wasted time (no financial impact as it didn't cost me more than $4.49 per month for meds). Particularly since you have so many follicles naturally, I'd think they'd want to monitor for OHSS symptoms. I would definitely ask for monitoring next cycle instead of waiting. I've found with my clinic as well that they have a bit of a laissez faire attitude about things, but when you ask for something, they'll do it. Weird.

AFM - not much...haven't really slept well the past few nights...brain doesn't want to shut down. Thinking about surgery and what they might find, how it might impact things going forward, etc. I can't really concentrate...ugh.
KMP
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby ishouldhavebeenadoctor » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:21 am

Good morning, ladies!

I've been silently stalking everyone the last few weeks. I hope everyone is doing well!

Lisa - gl to you! I've followed a bit of your story! I really hope your new protocol works!!

Aleena - did you get a Beta? The last pee sticks I saw were still showing positive on the blue dye. I searched for updated ones, but didn't see any. I'm so sorry if it's a BFN!! :(

Waiting - I'm sorry about the Chemical. That's so hard. Try to relax and take care of you.

Wannabe - how many dpo are you? Will you be testing soon?

Megan - lots of luck! Do you have options to see a different RE if this doesn't work? I just can't believe you've been ttc for that long and they are going to make you stick with the same protocol for 6 mos!! My RE told me that I could do a max of 3 cycles on Femara and after that, you start to see diminishing results, so it's time to move on.

AFM - I had another u/s this morning. I'm 8 wks pregnant (6 wks since IUI). There are still 2 beautiful looking twins in there. We were able to hear the heartbeats this morning, which is such an awesome sound!! Baby A was 161 bpm and Baby B was 164 bpm. I can't believe we are going to have twins. We have a 21 mo son that I got pregnant with using the same protocol. 3 under 3....I'm never gonna sleep again!! My technical due date is 11/11/11 (which would be so cool), but I'm sure that won't happen since there are 2 babies in there!

:hi: to anyone I missed! GL to everyone!!
ishouldhavebeenadoctor
Friend

Postby aleena » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:35 am

Hey girls!
If you think you've heard it all listent to this!
I did have a BETA yesterday morning at 14 dpo just to see if I had a chemical and there was any HCG left. Nurse called me this morning with the results and sounded all happy. She asks me how I'm feeling and I say I've had better days but we're ready to move on to another month and she goes: What are you talking about? You're PREGNANT!
BETA was 257!!!!!!!!!
I thought my heart stopped for a second when she said that! I find it sooooo hard to believe when I got r a BFN on a pink equate the mornings of the beta...
Is this even possible??????? We'll do a repeat on Thu but I won't get my results until Fri. I'm using LabCorp so I won't have to drive 2 hrs just for a blood draw.
This sounds so hard to believe and I'm afraid to get excited! What if it was a lab error???? And what an error!
I haven't tested since yesterday morning and I don't think I'm able to do it.... The next 3 days are going to be veeery long!
Honestly girls, do you even think this is possible???????

Sorry I did not get to personals yet! I will do it later!

aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby megan6912 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:07 am

Omg Aleena! :D :mrgreen: :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump: I'm so happy for you! What an amazing surprise.
Me- 25
DH-24
DS-1
**Unexplained Infertility**
Failing at conception for 3 years
s/a- everythings normal. Blood tests normal, hsg everythings clear.
March 2011 IUI #1- Bfn
April 2011 Clomid + IUI+ progesterone-bfn
May 2011 Clomid+trigger+IUI+progesterone- BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28b35b
megan6912
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby KMP » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:20 am

Aleena - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
KMP
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby unaffected » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:25 am

KMP wrote:Aleena - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

THIS!!!!

I know you probably aren't going to POAS, but I'd like to see it if you did :mrgreen:
Me (Kara): 30 DH: 30 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby KMP » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:27 am

I'm not usually all that interested in things others have peed on, but I am EXTREMELY curious about your pee sticks!
KMP
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby aleena » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:28 am

lol.... I don't think I can POAS girls...I'm sorry...
Im just trying to breathe and get through the next few days :)
Like Kara said on the other thread...I really hope I am a freak of nature!
You always hear stories about surprizing preganancies and they seem so unreal.
I might be one of those people who don't find out their preggo until they're in labor..lol

aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend