April IUIs

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby babydust2me » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:11 am

Talia - Welcome back :D You took a break right when I joined this group so I'm looking forward to getting to know you. I'm glad that you're starting to get some reasons why you might be going through all of this. I hope the new plan works out great for you. Good luck!

Aleena - I'm sure it depends on the size of the place where you bring your taxes but here if we don't get our clients' info by about the beginning of April (aka like Friday or Monday) there's a good chance we'll be filing extensions. Mostly because it takes a good 2 weeks to get to something! :shock: Anyway, I'm stalking because I'm hoping you'll get your next beta number and I wanna know how it goes!

Rachel - That's great of you to take care of your neice. If something would ever happen to my sister and BIL mine would come live with me & DH. I know how you feel about BFNs. I have the attitude that I've always gotten BFNs before, why would this be any different, even though you've tried something different it's hard to be optomisitic. Hopefully your dreams are a good sign and not just your subconcious mind wanting that BFP so badly!

Kara - I haven't had any problems posting anything. Maybe it's your computer or something?
Cassidy (27) DH (28 ) TTC#1 since Oct 08

SA - Great!
HSG - All Clear
CD3 Bloodwork - Normal
IUI #1 March 2011 - Femara/HCG Trigger - BFN
IUI #2 November 2011 - Femara/Follistim/HCG Trigger - BFP!!!!

Morgan & Reagan arrived on 6/15/12 at 33 weeks!

babydust2me
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby waitingtobemommy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Talia: I'm so glad to hear you're coming back to our thread and back to TTC. I'm so hoping that this cycle is it for you...you deserve it more than anything!!! I'm so glad you got a diagnosis, even if it is somewhat tentative....better than nothing right? So have you done Femara, trigger, progesterone before or is this new protocol for you?

Aleena: Where is your beta girl? I've been waiting all day for that!!!!!!

Kara: I cant believe how fast your cycle is going!!! I remember being a day or so ahead of you the past two cycles, and now you're past O and already testing (trigger, that is). Wow how time flies! I'm so excited to hear about your (FX) :bfp: in the next week or so!!

KMP: Happy Early Birthday, and happy/safe almost surgery day!

Lisa: I'm so glad you have good vibes about this cycle. I have good vibes for you too and am really hoping this is your month and that you get a happy healthy take-home baby in roughly 9 months!!!

Megan: Yikes about the dizzy spells!! I never experienced that severe side effect with Clomid. What dose are you on again...wondering if your dose is too high??

Doctor: Congrats on your healthy pregnancy....so excited for you!!

Cassidy: My FIL is an accountant as well, so I know how busy this time of the year is for you! Hoping the next 19 days speed by and you can get back to livin'!! Glad the muslce relaxers are helping and that your body is recouping after that crash!!

Rachel: I understand not wanting to test...I hate testing and seeing stark white BFN too. I hope you're wrong about feeling "out" and pessimistic this cycle. And I hope a blazing BFP presents itself to you soon!!
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012
:angel: @ 5 weeks; March 2011
:angel2: @ 8 weeks; Jan. 2012-Trisomy 16

DS Owen Matthew born 1/17/13 via FET
Surprise natural BFP 8/3/14! EDD 4/10/15!
waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jennifersc25 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Aleena - I've been stalking you today from my phone! I know you are going to get great news though! It's so exciting all these IUI ladies getting BFPs from bding! I'm going to talk to my RE about the combo. I get a good response from Clomid (50 mg and 2 to 3 follies) usually so I think it would be successful for me.
Casssidy - yes, we were in BG together a LONG time ago like when I first signed up. I remember when your neice was born. It's your younger sister right? Happy Birthday to her!! Good luck this cycle, maybe Aleena has started a trend of bding BFPs.
KMP - Yes we do have similar situations! What exactly does a lap tell you? I'm wondering whether I should have one before we consider IVF. I've had an HSG and it came back normal. Maybe I should ask my RE about that. What kind of meds are you taking? Happy early birthday, hope it's wonderful!
Doctor - Congratulations on your twins! How exciting! Have a H&H 9 months! I've secretly always wanted twins!
Megan - I would call your doctor about the side effects. My ob/gyn prescribed me 100 mg of clomid and my first month I had some weird vision problems. I called in and they told me to stop taking it immediately. Supposedly, the vision problems sometimes don't away in some patients :shock: Mine did thankfully. Not trying to scare you, but I would call and let them know.
Lisa - I have seen your story around the boards for a while. I'm so sorry with all that you have been through lately. I hope the new protocal does the trick.
I know I'm forgetting someone, the topic review won't go back any further. Hi to everyone else and thanks for the $ tips and welcome back. I'm CD 5 and the hot flashes are here with a vengance. I am normally freezing all the time but the past day or two I've been roasting, especially at night. I've also been trying to convince DH that taking out loan for IVF won't be the end of the world. He is coming around, but I think we are both in denial about it. I don't know if moving on or trying IUI for three more cycles is the better option. My doctor said we will have a consult to discuss if this cycle doesn't work. I'm praying so hard that it will!
<div>Jennifer (27), DH (31) DS (9) TTC #1 together since April 2008 3 rounds of clomid Summer 2010 - all BFN Jan. 2011 - finally saw RE and had HSG, testing and SA - all normal dx unexplained infertility Feb. 2011 - IUI #1 Clomid 50mg 3-7&nbsp;3 follicles - BFN March 2011 - IUI #2 Clomid 50mg 3-7 2 follicles - BFN April 2011 - IUI #3 ?</div>
jennifersc25
Friend

Postby aleena » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:40 pm

Haven't heard from my nurse yet. It will probably only be tomorrow.

Talia, since you asked about my previous pee sticks I must admit I saved them in a drawer of my desk that has a little odor right now...lol
They are all pretty and BFP but it took them about a week to get like that..lol

Me-29 :love: DH-49
TTC #1 since November 2009
DX: moderate MFI
6 medicated cycles, 4 IUIs
:angel: at 5.5 wks April 2011

IVF #1 (ICSI) August 2011 - BFN :(
1 SNOWBABY :hb: (day 6 hatching blast)
FET October 11th 2011 - BFP @ 5dp6dt!!!

RONAN LEE is here! - June 25th, 2012 -7lbs 1 oz, 19 in
aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannabmommee » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:02 pm

aleena wrote: I must admit I saved them in a drawer of my desk that has a little odor right now...lol

:mrgreen: That's hella funny but also very gross!
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby babydust2me » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:24 pm

wannabmommee wrote:
aleena wrote: I must admit I saved them in a drawer of my desk that has a little odor right now...lol

:mrgreen: That's hella funny but also very gross!

:lol:
Cassidy (27) DH (28 ) TTC#1 since Oct 08

SA - Great!
HSG - All Clear
CD3 Bloodwork - Normal
IUI #1 March 2011 - Femara/HCG Trigger - BFN
IUI #2 November 2011 - Femara/Follistim/HCG Trigger - BFP!!!!

Morgan & Reagan arrived on 6/15/12 at 33 weeks!

babydust2me
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby unaffected » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:30 pm

:lol:
Me (Kara): 30 DH: 30 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby megan6912 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Aleena- Did you hear anything from the doctor yet? I don't know what time it is where you are, but you and your dh need to go out tonight! Do something to get your mind off of the beta if even for a few minutes, as well as stopping you from peeing like crazy from emotions. lol

Jennifer- I hope you don't have to go down the ivf route, but if you do I have always thought that taking out a loan for a baby is completely worth the hassle of being in debt and having payments. Once we get an idea in our heads, its hard to wait a year or two just to save up money. We have all waited long enough.

Waitingtobemommy- I'm only on 25 mg. I don't think they can go any lower. :(

Lisa- Good luck on femera!

Doctor- I will ask her about the dizziness when I go in for my iui. I hate to bother them since I've been calling a lot about insurance issues.

KMP- Rent some movies that you have always wanted to see but dh wasn't into them so you have something to look forward to when you get done. I know you will be sore, but I have heard the lap is more scary then painful since you will be put to sleep. Is this your first surgery ever?

Cassidy- Yay for no more pain. How long ago was your wreck? I want a niece so bad! My sister is to young to have kids and then my husbands sister has two boys that I don't see very much.

Talia- How many iui's have you done? I hope this month works out for you. I bet it feels amazing to have a diagnosis. :)

Rachel- Yep, I'm done with clomid. Next step is start opks and the iui then progesterone. I'm sorry you are feeling so down :hugs: After seeing so many negatives it's almost impossible to believe that any outcome except a bad one will ever happen, but one day it will. I personally don't think you should poas yet. I think you have a good plan about poas before you get your bw results. Then you have no question about if the results are right.

afm- Dizziness is gone thank goodness! My body is confusing me though. Af was WAY to short this cycle and I had so many days of spotting. I probably spotted for 7 days total (4 days before and 3 after) and 2 days of a light flow. Since af was so light maybe I didn't ovulate last cycle ?? I kinda wish my RE would have checked my progesterone before we started treatments. I thought the 21 day progesterone bw was part of the initial testing before treatments. Now I'm feeling a little in the dark.

I scheduled to get a baby tooth out tomorrow. It's my last one that wouldn't come out on it's own. So let me paint a picture for you all; I look young for my age, I am currently in braces, I am breaking out do to clomid, and tomorrow I'm going to loose a baby tooth that is the 3rd tooth from the front. (canine). I'm going to look 13! :(
Me- 25
DH-24
DS-1
**Unexplained Infertility**
Failing at conception for 3 years
s/a- everythings normal. Blood tests normal, hsg everythings clear.
March 2011 IUI #1- Bfn
April 2011 Clomid + IUI+ progesterone-bfn
May 2011 Clomid+trigger+IUI+progesterone- BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28b35b
megan6912
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby noahsuperman » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:28 pm

started spotting today...will be doing iui #2 this next cycle. hoping it does the trick. we've starting looking into adoption or fostering kids. i don't know what i want to do, i just want more kids.
me 36, dh 36, ds 8 TTC #2 since october 2007
Feb 2011 #1 iui BFN
Mar 2011 BFN
Apr 2011 #2 iui BFN
May 2011 #3 iui BFN
Back in the game 2013!
Mar 2013 #4 iui BFP! :angel: 4-9-13
April 2014 first IVF. BFN
May 2014 surprise BFP!
beta 300.7
4days later beta 1129!
first u/s 6-25-14 :angel:

st gerard please pray for us.
mother mary please pray for us.
life without God is like a dull pencil...it has no point.
noahsuperman
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby noahsuperman » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:29 pm

aleena: :jump: :jump: :congrats: :jump: :jump:
me 36, dh 36, ds 8 TTC #2 since october 2007
Feb 2011 #1 iui BFN
Mar 2011 BFN
Apr 2011 #2 iui BFN
May 2011 #3 iui BFN
Back in the game 2013!
Mar 2013 #4 iui BFP! :angel: 4-9-13
April 2014 first IVF. BFN
May 2014 surprise BFP!
beta 300.7
4days later beta 1129!
first u/s 6-25-14 :angel:

st gerard please pray for us.
mother mary please pray for us.
life without God is like a dull pencil...it has no point.
noahsuperman
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby alina98 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:47 pm

aleena wrote:Hey girls!
If you think you've heard it all listent to this!
I did have a BETA yesterday morning at 14 dpo just to see if I had a chemical and there was any HCG left. Nurse called me this morning with the results and sounded all happy. She asks me how I'm feeling and I say I've had better days but we're ready to move on to another month and she goes: What are you talking about? You're PREGNANT!
BETA was 257!!!!!!!!!
I thought my heart stopped for a second when she said that! I find it sooooo hard to believe when I got r a BFN on a pink equate the mornings of the beta...
Is this even possible??????? We'll do a repeat on Thu but I won't get my results until Fri. I'm using LabCorp so I won't have to drive 2 hrs just for a blood draw.
This sounds so hard to believe and I'm afraid to get excited! What if it was a lab error???? And what an error!
I haven't tested since yesterday morning and I don't think I'm able to do it.... The next 3 days are going to be veeery long!
Honestly girls, do you even think this is possible???????

Sorry I did not get to personals yet! I will do it later!

OMG!!!!! WOW!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! do not even worry, blood tests are very sensitive, which I cannot tell about HPTs. You are pregnant! :jump:
Me 40 DH 50 DD Ivory >7 mos
SD 23, SD 24

IUI #3 04/07/11 April natural cycle, no meds

12/18/2011 Ivory is here! 6lb 15oz 20 inch

alina98
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby wannabmommee » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:46 pm

So i took a test..BFN..Right when the stuff started to move across the window, I noticed something "weird" where the test line should be. It looks like there may be something wrong with the test since it seems to be like a crease in that area. I took apart the test, and noticed the plastic a little elevated. But regardless, the test is BFN. Thought I was seeing things..but it's nothing. I'm 12DPO, I get bw done in 2 days..so should I pretty much count myself out? I'm so bummed, but what should I expect since it happens every month??

I guess I'll look forward to IUI #2.
Rachel (32), DH (34)
2 Chemical Pregnancies
Taking a break...

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby megan6912 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:05 pm

Sorry for the bfn :hugs: I hope the bw turns out differently. you shouldn't count yourself out until the bw results though.
Me- 25
DH-24
DS-1
**Unexplained Infertility**
Failing at conception for 3 years
s/a- everythings normal. Blood tests normal, hsg everythings clear.
March 2011 IUI #1- Bfn
April 2011 Clomid + IUI+ progesterone-bfn
May 2011 Clomid+trigger+IUI+progesterone- BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28b35b
megan6912
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby wannabmommee » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:12 pm

megan- I hope it does too, but I am not optimistic that the results will change. I'm 12DPO, there should be something on the test, right? Regardless of a pee hold or not...something should show up. I'm ok with it. I knew what my chances were and I at least have 5 more that my insurance pay 100% of. I'm just praying that I get a successful pregnancy before the 5 is up so I don't have to worry about paying out of pocket! haha
Rachel (32), DH (34)
2 Chemical Pregnancies
Taking a break...

wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby lisab » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:14 am

wannabmommmee - Aw no, I'm so sorry. I know sometimes people don't get their BFP til 13-14 dpo. If it doesn't work out, I'm so hopeful for your next try! :hugs:

noahsuperman - I'm sorry to hear you have to move onto another cycle. :( I really hope this is your lucky one! We have been thinking about fostering/adopting, too. It's been a long, stressful journey. Hugs!

megan - I'm glad the dizziness is better! That made me laugh about you looking young :) I get that a lot, too. Good luck with your baby tooth!

Aleena - I have a stinky drawer, too :lol: You are so funny. I am hoping for awesome results - I cannot wait for your next beta #!!! I just know it's real!!

Talia - I'm so happy to see you!! I'm excited that they are trying some new things with you! I'm on steroids now, too. I'm so very hopeful for you!! :luck:

waitingtobemommy - Thanks, you are so sweet!!! I hope you are holding up okay. If you need anything, we are here. :hugs:

babydust2me - Hi, and best of luck to you this cycle!! Get that eggie!!

KMP - :balloons: Happy Birthday! :jump: Thinking of you for your surgery!

Jennifer - Thanks hun! I am so hoping this cycle is a success. My DH was really tentative about taking a loan for IVF as well. Look into your clinics and look for a Shared Risk program. That's where you can buy like 3 cycles of IVF for a discounted price.

Kara - Stalking you (8)) :D I'm sooo pumped for you this cycle!!!!!!!

:hi: I hope I didn't miss anyone!! Sending :babydustb: and :luck: to all!

AFM - Not too much exciting happening yet! :) Took my first dose of Femara last night. I had some hot flashes, but I get those bad with any fertility drugs. I always have to sleep with the bedroom window cracked :) Poor hubby, it snowed yesterday hehe
Lisa~30 :love: Andy~30
:angel: Many early losses due to autoimmune and blood clotting disorders

*~My Blog~*

After 6+ years of waiting & 3 years, 8 months of seriously trying...
Our miracle arrived August 3, 2013 ~ 5lbs, 8oz & 18 in
Totally worth the wait!

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly..."
lisab
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI