April IUIs

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby aleena » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:57 am

Waiting for the phone call...
I can't even describe how nervous I am!
Thank God I got some good sleep last night!
I was exhausted after stressing out all day.
Will let you girls know as soon as I find out!
Me-29 :love: DH-49
TTC #1 since November 2009
DX: moderate MFI
6 medicated cycles, 4 IUIs
:angel: at 5.5 wks April 2011

IVF #1 (ICSI) August 2011 - BFN :(
1 SNOWBABY :hb: (day 6 hatching blast)
FET October 11th 2011 - BFP @ 5dp6dt!!!

RONAN LEE is here! - June 25th, 2012 -7lbs 1 oz, 19 in
aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby unaffected » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:21 am

Aleena - FX for you, lady!!! I've been thinking of you all morning!
Me (Kara): 30 DH: 30 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby babydust2me » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:27 am

Megan - My wreck was on Feb 25th - so over a month ago! It's nice to not have to rely on pain meds anymore. I hear ya on looking young. I'll be 27 in a month and a half and sometimes I still get carded buying tobacco products! (Not for me of course - for DH) :roll: I have a 19 year old brother and I KNOW I don't look younger than him huh? Although I guess it's not such a bad thing. I'll appreciate it when I'm 40 and I look 25! As for your light period, maybe your lining was thinner than normal last month and that's why your period was lighter :dunno: What CD are you on? I can't keep up because you don't have a ticker! When do you start doing OPKs?

Noah - I'm so sorry to hear about your spotting :hugs: I hope IUI#2 is better. That's great that you're open to adoption. DH and I haven't quite gotten to the stage of talking about that yet.

Rachel - Sorry to hear about your BFN :hugs: I kind of felt the same way you did - when I got my BFN at 12dpo I was pretty upset and I knew that our first IUI had failed. It's really tough going through all of this and still nothing's working. Are you doing IUI#2 right away?

Jennifer - It bums me out a little that we're both still here TTC when you remember me talking about my neice being born! Yes it's my younger sister which is also kind of a bummer but to be fair, DH and I weren't TTC when she got pregnant (although neither were they :wink: ) It's still a blast to be around her though. She loves her nanny :D Anyway, I hope this cycle IUI works out and you don't have to move on to IVF! Remind me again, is this your 3rd IUI? What meds have you been doing?

Lisa - We actually had a cold front blow in yesterday way down here in South Louisiana. When I left for work it was like 75 degrees but when I got off it was 50. That's cold to us Cajuns! Anyway, hopefully your hot flashes stop soon!

Aleena - I'll be stalking this thread all day waiting for your results!

AFM - I've been so busy being wrapped up with tax season I haven't been quite so dilligent about using my OPKs. Normally I start around CD10 or 11. Yesterday was CD12 and it was the first time I took an OPK this cycle and I got a smiley face. Ooops! I didn't realize I was starting to O already. Thankfully DH and I have been doing well with BDing every other day this month so far. But I have no idea if that was my first positive or if I would have gotten a positive sooner. I'm going to take another one today to see if it's positive or negative. Either way though DH and I won't be BDing tonight - he's got some Duck Unlimited Banquet or something tonight and he won't be home till late. Hopefully what we've done is enough! I'm not really going to stress much about it because we're planning on doing another IUI next month. Happy Thursday all! I gotta get to work!
Cassidy (27) DH (28 ) TTC#1 since Oct 08

SA - Great!
HSG - All Clear
CD3 Bloodwork - Normal
IUI #1 March 2011 - Femara/HCG Trigger - BFN
IUI #2 November 2011 - Femara/Follistim/HCG Trigger - BFP!!!!

Morgan & Reagan arrived on 6/15/12 at 33 weeks!

babydust2me
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby unaffected » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:44 am

Ok, attempting to do real personals here! I'm still getting the occasional random error message when I try to post, so I'm really hoping it doesn't happen at the end of these personals!! :)

KMP - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I'm so glad you got a couple good nights of rest. And omg, I saw that site the other day and I was cracking up!!! I was trying to read the submissions to DH, though, and he wasn't getting it :/ I think you have to be looking at the pics, lol.

Rachel - I'm sorry for the BFN :( I wonder if it was a bad test? I'm still holding out hope that you get a nice surprise when you get your b/w done!

Megan - Sorry about the burnt chili :( And yikes @ the faint feeling! I never had that side effect w/ Clomid, but it does effect everyone differently. I'm glad it's gone for you! And sorry, but you gave me a little giggle w/ the braces+baby tooth+clomid situation! I hope you don't get any dirty looks when you go in to the RE!

ishouldhavebeenadoctor - Thanks for the breakdown! I think Jen/Paris had it right when she said that around here, 4 eggs+ is what it takes to get knocked up!

Cassidy - I did not go through with the IUI. I ended up with 8 mature follicles (greater than 16mm), but my E2 level suggested that probably only 4-6 of them had an actual egg in the follicle. I'm so happy that you aren't in as much pain anymore, and are able to function normally w/out the pain meds!! Yay for OPKs this month! I can't wait for tax season to be over so you can come back to us! :)

Talia - I'm so happy you are back here with us! Have you taken Femara before? You and Lisa are both doing it this month!! I really hope it works for both of you! :luck:

Jen/Waiting - I didn't see an AFM from you, lady!! And it is crazy how we used to be so close and now I'm almost a week ahead of you :/ This was the earliest I've ever had EWCM and triggered! It's crazy. Maybe I should do it like this more often....I could get more cycles in per year, lol. Even more to be depressed about, lol!

Jennifer - FX that this cycle is it for you! That's good that DH is even willing to talk about financing IVF. That's a start, if you have to go that route!

noahsuperman - Sorry you started spotting :( I hope IUI#2 does the trick for you!! :luck:

Lisa - Yay for starting the Femara! And lol @ having the window open in the snow!!

Jen/Paris - I miss you! I hope you are having a wonderful time on your cruise!!

AFM - Not much! 4dpo today and 6dpt. I am going to post my FMU tests in POAS in a sec. It's lighter, but not a whole lot lighter. My luck it will probably hang around for 12 days again :(
TTC#1 since 2007
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby babydust2me » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:52 am

unaffected wrote:AFM - Not much! 4dpo today and 6dpt. I am going to post my FMU tests in POAS in a sec. It's lighter, but not a whole lot lighter. My luck it will probably hang around for 12 days again :(

You know, I read somewhere the other day that the trigger actually takes longer to metabolize in smaller women. It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me because typically smaller women have a faster metabolism when it comes to food so you'd think it'd be the same with stuff in your blood but :dunno: Dang trigger!

SA - Great!
HSG - All Clear
CD3 Bloodwork - Normal

babydust2me
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby unaffected » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:06 am

babydust2me wrote:
unaffected wrote:AFM - Not much! 4dpo today and 6dpt. I am going to post my FMU tests in POAS in a sec. It's lighter, but not a whole lot lighter. My luck it will probably hang around for 12 days again :(

You know, I read somewhere the other day that the trigger actually takes longer to metabolize in smaller women. It doesn't really make a lot of sense to me because typically smaller women have a faster metabolism when it comes to food so you'd think it'd be the same with stuff in your blood but :dunno: Dang trigger!

Well, it should be long gone from me by now then!! Lol. You are sweet, but I am definitely not a smaller woman! Unfortunately I have gained 40 lbs since those wedding pics, and I'm 5'8" and curvy! Oh well :/
TTC#1 since 2007
FET#3 - BFP!
It's a boy!
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby babydust2me » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:48 am

unaffected wrote:
babydust2me wrote:

Well, it should be long gone from me by now then!! Lol. You are sweet, but I am definitely not a smaller woman! Unfortunately I have gained 40 lbs since those wedding pics, and I'm 5'8" and curvy! Oh well :/

Well then I dunno why the trigger messes with us! I was definitely judging by your wedding pics. I saw on your blog a few weeks ago you were doing WW. Are you still doing that? After my wedding I gained like 25 pounds and WW helped me lose it.

SA - Great!
HSG - All Clear
CD3 Bloodwork - Normal

babydust2me
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby aleena » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:08 am

Hi girls...

Just a quick uodate.
THE LAB MADE A MISTAKE...
Pee sticks were right. My second BETA was under 5...
It's so hard to describe how I feel right now. Although we knew something was not right it's still sooo very hard.
I can't believe they mixed up blood samples! What if they do that when it comes to a more serious matter...although this is serious enough.
Somebody out there might be just as devastated when they got my results instead. Or maybe happy they think they're not pregnant. What if they performed an X-ray on this person thinking she's not preganant when in fact she is! So many scary scenarios!
My nurse wnats me to go to their clinic tomorrow and have another test... I won't be driving for 3-4 hrs just to find out what is already obvious. I will stop my progesterone tonight and wait for AF...
This is sooo hard!
Me-29 :love: DH-49
TTC #1 since November 2009
DX: moderate MFI
6 medicated cycles, 4 IUIs
:angel: at 5.5 wks April 2011

IVF #1 (ICSI) August 2011 - BFN :(
1 SNOWBABY :hb: (day 6 hatching blast)
FET October 11th 2011 - BFP @ 5dp6dt!!!

RONAN LEE is here! - June 25th, 2012 -7lbs 1 oz, 19 in
aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannabmommee » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:32 am

Aleena- I am soooo sorry! How the heck can they do that? That is just wrong, and just down right cruel! Do they know how what we go through and then to say we are and then we're not! That's just wrong! I am sooo sorry!
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby ishouldhavebeenadoctor » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:47 am

Aleena - Oh my gosh. What a nightmare for you!! I am so, so sorry. I just can't believe that they messed up the results!! Is your mom or a good friend around if your dh is travelling? I really hope you have someone there that can provide you with some comfort. Take care of you.
ishouldhavebeenadoctor
Friend

Postby babydust2me » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:02 am

Unbelievable! :hugs: I'm so sorry to hear this Aleena! That's a pretty serious mistake to make - you're right, what if the other woman who's actually pregnant went out on a drinking binge or did something else that could be damaging to the baby. :hugs: I just can't believe they did that to you.

SA - Great!
HSG - All Clear
CD3 Bloodwork - Normal

babydust2me
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby waitingtobemommy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:06 am

So sorry to hear this. I"m sure you're devestated. Hope you are going home to take care of yourself. :hugs:
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012
:angel: @ 5 weeks; March 2011
:angel2: @ 8 weeks; Jan. 2012-Trisomy 16

DS Owen Matthew born 1/17/13 via FET
Surprise natural BFP 8/3/14! EDD 4/10/15!
waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby jennifersc25 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:28 am

Aleena I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what you must be feeling. Take care of yourself today. Didn't you use LabCorp? They charged me 1800.00 for my cd3 testing and cystic fibrosis test. They have a whole website dedicated to LabCorp complaints. That is a really dangerous and cruel mistake. I'm so sorry.
<div>Jennifer (27), DH (31) DS (9) TTC #1 together since April 2008 3 rounds of clomid Summer 2010 - all BFN Jan. 2011 - finally saw RE and had HSG, testing and SA - all normal dx unexplained infertility Feb. 2011 - IUI #1 Clomid 50mg 3-7&nbsp;3 follicles - BFN March 2011 - IUI #2 Clomid 50mg 3-7 2 follicles - BFN April 2011 - IUI #3 ?</div>
jennifersc25
Friend

Postby KMP » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:41 am

Aleena - :hugs:

Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes...I will be back for personals tonight or tomorrow.
KMP
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby lisab » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:54 am

Aleena - I'm SO very sorry. I cannot even believe it :cry: :cry: I hate this for you. It's so awful. :hugs:

Kara/babydust: Oh, I hear you girls about the dumb trigger! I hate when it lingers forever. Let's hope we see some darker lines pop up instead of uncertainty!

babydust2me - Yay for a smiley face! :fingersx: :jump:

:hi: to all the other ladies! Thinking of you all!! :babydustb: I'm good! Just cruising along and waiting for CD 9 for my follie check (Tuesday). :)
Lisa~30 :love: Andy~30
:angel: Many early losses due to autoimmune and blood clotting disorders

*~My Blog~*

After 6+ years of waiting & 3 years, 8 months of seriously trying...
Our miracle arrived August 3, 2013 ~ 5lbs, 8oz & 18 in
Totally worth the wait!

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly..."
lisab
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI