April IUIs

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby waitingtobemommy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:56 am

Aleena: Thinking of you. I hope DH was able to be there for you and comfort you last night. :hugs:

Kara: How's that trigger looking today? Are you experiencing any symptoms yet? You're on progesterone now arent you?

KMP: Hope you had a very lovely Bday!! Good luck with your upcoming appt!

Lisa: Glad your cycle is going smoothly so far. Are you expeirencing any symptoms on Femara? I usually get hot flashes in the PM with a Very strong O. Hope it works it's magic for you!

Rachel: sorry about your BFN!!!

Cassidy: Oops about missing a few days of opk, but at least you and dh managed to get some well-timed bd in!! Hoping you caught that eggie and wont have to do another iui next month. Ready for tax season to be done??!!!

Talia: Hows your cycle going so far?

Megan: Are you feeling better and done with the fainting feelings? Are you about done with your Clomid?

Jennifer: How's your cycle going? That's so wonderful that DH is open to discussions about IVF. Let's hope you dont have to go down that road, but at least he's willing to explore that avenue if you get there.

Hi to EOE I might have missed!!

AFM: Finally got some good news...RE called to tell me my thyroid levels have gone down quite a bit and are within normal limits. They went from over 6 two months ago to around 2.2 this cycle, so I think that really did help me get pregnant last month, and hopefully will continue to help my chances. I think I'm going to O this month since I'm getting some twinges and slight cramps around my ovaries, as well as some CM. I'll start OPK tonight or tomorrow and will get some good BDing in. Hope that does the trick!! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012
:angel: @ 5 weeks; March 2011
:angel2: @ 8 weeks; Jan. 2012-Trisomy 16

DS Owen Matthew born 1/17/13 via FET
Surprise natural BFP 8/3/14! EDD 4/10/15!
waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aleena » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:48 am

Hi girls!
Sorry I can't get to personals yet. I'm super busy at work today because I ignored a lot of my to do list for about a week now... I might even have to come in tomorrow to finish up...

I was a total mess yesterday but today is a new day! DH was there for me and he's so right when saying that when our day comes all this will be so far behind and so wroth it!

I did call LabCorp yesterday just becasue I needed to yell and blame it on someone. They offered to redo the test "for free". How nice of them! I gave them a piece of my mind.
DH is taking care of it today and already spoke to their regional director. don't know if this will get us anywhere but we have to make a little noise. It's unacceptable!

My RE called yesterday and he's thiking about reducing my dose of clomid this month from 50 to 25 mg then add Bravelle towards the end. I wasn't taking a lot in the first place... If it were my decision I would go for the same protocol with whatever follies I got. Oh well... I'll do what he wants... I don't have the strenght to over think it right now. Me and DH agreed that this will be our last IUI and then we'll move on to IVF.
And to make things even more confusing...I'm almost 5 days late for AF!!! RE said I should start even with the progesterone. I stopped it last night. had very very little spotting but no AF yet... Grrrrrrr

I'll be back later after I get some crap done!
Me-29 :love: DH-49
TTC #1 since November 2009
DX: moderate MFI
6 medicated cycles, 4 IUIs
:angel: at 5.5 wks April 2011

IVF #1 (ICSI) August 2011 - BFN :(
1 SNOWBABY :hb: (day 6 hatching blast)
FET October 11th 2011 - BFP @ 5dp6dt!!!

RONAN LEE is here! - June 25th, 2012 -7lbs 1 oz, 19 in
aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby wannabmommee » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:18 am

Aleena- I'm so glad to hear that your DH was there for you last night & that ya'll are guna make some noise with LabCorp. That is definitely unacceptable! Here's to April IUI! Also, you mentioned that AF will show up regardless if you're on progetserone if it's been awhile? Hmm..do you know how long?

Waiting Jen- Nice that you are thyroid levels are down! Were you taking any meds? My cousin has thyroid issues too and has to take a bunch of meds to regulate it. I'm so glad it went down and also that you are having some good pre-ovulation symtpoms right now!

Lisa- Tuesday can not come long enough! Oh I was going to ask you- what does Lovenox do?

KMP- hope you had an awesome birthday!

EOE- HI!! and Happy Friday! I can't go that far back on my computer to see everyone's posting..but I'll get to you guys soon enough!

AFM..Took my bw today..so freakin' annoyed because it took so long to get a test I know is going to be a BFN. There was an intern there and she took forever trying to find my veins (mind you I have wonderful easy to find veins!) Anyhow..I didn't take progetserone this am because I know what the results are going to be. Just waiting for the call to confirm and wait until AF arrives. My head hurts and I'm sooo annoyed today :( I have a good feeling about April girls..we've got a lot of activity going on..so here's to April!
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby KMP » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 pm

Advance apologies for a long post! I think Aleena might be onto something with changing the name of the group to 'IUI and Beyond' or something like that. It seems like we're about 1/2 and 1/2 on the IUIs lately. Plus, it sounds like a few ladies are planning to move on to IVF soon...

Anyway, on to personals!

Cassidy - you're almost done! Your tax season ends on the 15th, right? I get carded too...my 40 year old sister just got carded in Florida for a beer! Needless to say, her new favourite place is St. Augustine, FL.

Talia - glad to hear you're back on the TTC wagon...I didn't think you'd be gone long :wink: . I see you're with a new RE...are you still at the same clinic or at LHSC now?

Aleena - Yep, Brazilian restaurant...so, so yummy. I hope you've had a chance to digest things a little. Sorry, but just to confirm - were you actually pregnant at one point or was it the trigger?

Jennifer - This is my second month in a row without meds, but I did a number of months with Serophene (Clomid) before this and 3 IUIs.

Megan - I'm glad the dizziness has gone away, but definitely mention it to your doctor. Good call on the movie rentals for recovery. We have Rogers on Demand and a great online site for watching movies, so I won't even have to leave the couch to rent / illegally download :shock: movies. This is my third surgery - wisdom teeth (at 33) and tonsils (at 21).

Kara - Agreed that you have to look at the pics to get it. My husband didn't think they were as funny without looking at them!

Waiting Jen - Thanks! I'm glad to hear your TSH has gone down. I started at 5.5ish (5 is apparently the upper range of normal) and have decreased to 2.5ish on 0.05mg. I had blood drawn last week to monitor, but didn't hear back, so I assume it's the same or lower. I should call and get a number. I think closer to 1 is considered ideal for TTC.

AFM - I did indeed have a wonderful birthday. Thank you all for the birthday wishes...they made it even better! My husband had decorated the kitchen for when I came down for breakfast (very cute) and gave me about a million birthday kisses before I left for work. He surprised me with dinner at a fancy restaurant here in town that catered to my plethora of food allergies (mmmmm...lobster and scallop risotto without feeling sick...yay!), and we leave for the Falls first thing tomorrow.

I've been getting twinges and it feels like my period is coming...confusing. Endo? It's only CD10! Maybe some eggs are cooking. Too bad we're not even trying to use them this month if they are! I'm getting nervous for surgery, but hopeful that it is the last piece of the puzzle for us. We have enough IVF coverage to do (I think) one cycle before having to pay out of pocket. My husband is dragging his feet about calling his insurance company to confirm...I think he feels like that's giving in or something...
KMP
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby wannabmommee » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:22 pm

It's official- BFN from bloodwork as I suspected. I wonder if i even ovulated. How can you tell if the trigger actually worked? I hear not everyone actually ovulates- most do, but not all.

Hmmm...
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby unaffected » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:07 pm

Rachel - I'm sorry :( That's why I temp, to confirm and pinpoint my O.

I started a new thread for us, but I can't link it b/c it's telling me I'm a spammer, lol.
Me (Kara): 30 DH: 30 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Previous

Return to IUI