April IUIs and BEYOND!!!

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

April IUIs and BEYOND!!!

Postby unaffected » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:03 pm

New thread for us :mrgreen:
Me (Kara): 30 DH: 30 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby wannabmommee » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:20 pm

hahaha Kara the spammer!

Thanks for the new thread! I like the name of our group! It's ok..I suspected it and prepared myself..now i know that I can'f rely on my "emotions" or the "feelings" haha freakin' progesterone! LOL Now I can't wait to start AF!
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby waitingtobemommy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:05 pm

I totally think that you just jinxed us Kara, but in a good way I hope. I'm thinking by saying "And beyond" you're jinxing us into getting our BFP THIS month! THANKS!!!! :)
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012
:angel: @ 5 weeks; March 2011
:angel2: @ 8 weeks; Jan. 2012-Trisomy 16

DS Owen Matthew born 1/17/13 via FET
Surprise natural BFP 8/3/14! EDD 4/10/15!
waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby unaffected » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:09 pm

I like that jinx!

And I'm sorry I can't post more, but if I type too much it seems to think I'm a spammer :(
Me (Kara): 30 DH: 30 ♥
TTC#1 since 2007
:angel2: Jan 2012 - No hb at 9w1d - d&c (Turner Syndrome/Monosomy X)
FET#3 - BFP!
Betas: 8dp6dt/14dpo - 124; 10dp6dt/16dpo - 317; 16dp6dt/22dpo - 6,289; 23dp6dt/29dpo - 32,961
It's a boy!
Henry Marshall arrived on January 9, 2013 (39w2d)
8lbs 5oz, 20"

My Blog
unaffected
Super moderator
Super moderator

Postby lisab » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:20 am

waitingtobemommy - I saw too on your blog about your thyroid levels :jump: That is so awesome!! FX for you this cycle!

Aleena - Thinking of you. You have handled this so well. I'm so very sorry. I'm anxious to see what this cycle brings for you!! I wish they would just keep you at the same doses as last time, but I'm sure you will do well!

wannabmommee - Aw man, I'm so sorry for the BFN. :( :hugs: I have a good feeling about April, too! Supposedly fertility peaks in the spring time! Oh, Lovenox is a blood thinning injection that I have to take because we just found out my blood clots too much, which can cause miscarriage.

KMP - Sounds like fabulous birthday! I'm hoping that they get everything cleared out with your surgery and you have no prob getting pregnant!

Kara - Thanks for the new thread! I like the name :) Boo for TWW not letting you post! I did have a couple problems at times.

babydust2me - I hope you guys caught the eggie! FX!

Talia - How's it going so far? I don't mind the Femara, just getting some hot flashes. When is your follie check? FX!

Megan, Jennifer, and Noahsuperman - Any news from you ladies? Thinking of you!

:hi: to anyone I missed! Wishing you all lots of luck!! Nothing new here :)
Lisa~30 :love: Andy~30
:angel: Many early losses due to autoimmune and blood clotting disorders

*~My Blog~*

After 6+ years of waiting & 3 years, 8 months of seriously trying...
Our miracle arrived August 3, 2013 ~ 5lbs, 8oz & 18 in
Totally worth the wait!

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly..."
lisab
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby waitingtobemommy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:58 am

Okay ladies, I've now gone into overdrive and am definitely on a mission....I was totally bummed out last week thinking that with my IUI cancelled that all hope was lost for a 2011 baby but I'm starting to think optimistically and am going to pull out all the stops to make sure this cycle isn't a waste. I just calculated my due date (ridiculous, I know) and I would be due on or around December 26-28 so I'm determined to get my 2011 baby!!!!!

Who's with me???!!!!! :mrgreen:
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012

waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby babydust2me » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:31 am

I'm with you Jen!! I calculated my due date and it would be around Dec 22nd. I never get to take much time off around Christmas time because December is right before year end aka all our clients want to do last minute tax planning. I'd LOVE to be off of work that time of year. Here's to 2011 babies!

Kara - Is there anyone you can talk to that can fix the glitch that thinks you're a spammer? That's so weird :? How's testing out the trigger going? I hope it doesn't hang around too long.

Rachel - Sorry to hear about the BFN but come on AF and it's time for another cycle. You're doing another IUI this month right? As for not knowing if you o'd, you could ask for a progesterone test at 7dpo. They'll be able to tell from that if you o'd. I didn't temp on my medicated cycle because I wanted to just trust my doctor and not stress out if I didn't need to.

Aleena - I'm so sorry again to hear about the lab mistake. I think you and your DH should tear LabCorp a new one for the emotional roller coaster they put you through. Obviously everyone makes mistakes but to make this one with you is pretty unacceptable. I'm glad to hear you're doing well and your DH is being great! I hope this last IUI works and you don't have to move on to IVF.

KMP - I'm glad to hear you had a great birthday! Good luck on your upcoming surgery. It's soon right? That's awesome that your sister got carded. Like I said, I'll appreciate it when I'm 40! Right now I just get annoyed because it's a pain to get my license out of my wallet. I do have a cute story though. This probably happened about 10 years ago, but my grandfather - who was probably in his late 70s - was buying some beer at a grocery store. Apparently that store's policy is to card everyone so when the cashier tried to card my grandfather he got confused and didn't understand what she wanted at first :lol:

Lisa - When's you're first follie check? I'm assuming not till mid week huh? I hope the hot flashes don't last too much longer!

Hi to anyone I missed!

AFM - I don't really have anything new to report. I'm going to assume I o'd on Thursday - the day after my positive OPK. I would have liked to BD a little more, but we still had some good timing so now we're just in the waiting game. AF will be due April 16th so when we have our work party to celebrate the end of tax season I'll know for sure if I can drink or not! Speaking of, yeah normally tax season ends April 15th but Washington DC has this holiday called Emancipation Day that falls on April 16th. This year, April 16th is a Saturday so they're celebrating the holiday on Friday, which means tax day this year is April 18th. Leave it to Washington to make a whole country of CPAs work an extra weekend huh? Oh well, 2 more Saturdays to work after today! :jump:
Cassidy (27) DH (28 ) TTC#1 since Oct 08

SA - Great!
HSG - All Clear
CD3 Bloodwork - Normal
IUI #1 March 2011 - Femara/HCG Trigger - BFN
IUI #2 November 2011 - Femara/Follistim/HCG Trigger - BFP!!!!

Morgan & Reagan arrived on 6/15/12 at 33 weeks!

babydust2me
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby parisxmas » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:37 am

Hi Girls, I'm back - Did you miss me???? :D :D :D

I seem to have missed so much. I tried to speed read through the posts on my phone on the way home from the port.

Aleena, I'm so sorry about your mistaken beta results.

Kara, wow, it looks like you went for it with all of those eggs. I kind of thought that you would :wink:

waiting (Jen) I'm happy to see that you are back in the game again!

baby - Yay for the TWW!

lisa - looks like you have a great plan in place for this cycle

Sorry, I know that I missed a ton of people, but I have 10 suitcases to unpack and I'm exhausted!
Me (Jen) 36 / DH 36 TTC #5
DD 11 / DD 9 / DS 5 / DS1
3 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF cycles, 1 canceled IVF, 1 +HPT IVF
ET 2/24 4dt of 3 embryos 12 cell, 10 cell, 8 cell
none to freeze all arrested
+ HPT 3/1/12 :bfp:
7dp4dt beta 28, 10dp4dt beta 114, 12dp4dt beta 286, (29dpo) beta 20,079
3/26/12 - measuring 7w1d :hb: 141
4/4/12 - measuring 8w3d :hb: 163
It's a BOY! Born 11/7/12
parisxmas
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aleena » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:21 am

Paris Jen - Welcome back! I was hoping you would pop in these days! Hope you had a great time!!!Can't wait to hear details!

Spammer (aka Kara) - Getting ready to check for your pee stick update! I can not belive you're getting so close to real testing time! Time does fly....

Waiting Jen - You go girl! That's the spirit!!!!!! Realy hoping you get your 2011 baby! I think I'm out for this year...unless we have twins and need to schedule a C -section before due date ;) How are your OPKs looking?

Lisa - very curious about your upcoming u/s!!! Hope you end up with some nice ones!

KMP - enjoy your B-day weekend and sorry I popped in with bad news right on your birthday... I really didnt want to spoil your moment.. :oops:

Rachel - so sorry about your BFN hunny.... Good things happen to those who persevere, right? Do you have a plan for next cycle?

Cassidy - you tww will fly by with all the stuff you have to do! I'm really hoping for a TAX DAY BFP for you! That way Unlce Sam will seal the fate of your baby! Ha ha!

Megan - is your O day in sight yet??? You must be getting close! KUP!

AFM - Today I'm even better than yesterday! I'm thanking God that we still have the strenght to start fresh every single month!
On my way to work this morning I called a good friend of mine in Romania. We were BFFs while I was still home. Still very close but being so far does make a whole lot of difference. Anyway...she gave me the "Relax...you're becoming obsessed" talk :( She said that since we tried all kinds of treatments that did not work maybe we should try the relaxed approach and see what that does for us. She's a really nice person but she's still at the dating point of her life after getting out of a long relationship that ended ugly. She might be right... sometimes I do feel silly for making TTC the major thing in my life... I wish I had nore control on how I feel and what I want. I wish I didn't want this so badly...
Maybe we will take a break after this next IUI... I do feel my body needs to reboot. This is our 5th consecutive medicated cycle...
I got my clomid prescription filled and althoug RE wants me to take half of a 50 mg pill each night I think I'm gonna cheat! I think I'll take 50mg for the first 2-3 days and then cut it in half. I don't wnat to eng up with just one follie.
Me-29 :love: DH-49
TTC #1 since November 2009
DX: moderate MFI
6 medicated cycles, 4 IUIs
:angel: at 5.5 wks April 2011

IVF #1 (ICSI) August 2011 - BFN :(
1 SNOWBABY :hb: (day 6 hatching blast)
FET October 11th 2011 - BFP @ 5dp6dt!!!

RONAN LEE is here! - June 25th, 2012 -7lbs 1 oz, 19 in
aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby trying46 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:29 pm

Paris Jen- First of all, I did miss you. Second, you look so beautiful in your new pic ( from the cruise?) I hope you had a nice time, did you get to chat with dh about ivf?

Aleena- You are a strong women, I think breaks are good after tons of treatment, but I am hopinng your break is a 9 month one :wink:

Lisa- Femara is fine, mild hot flashes, I go in on cd 10 for a follie check.
I think some of my hot flashes or feeling warm could be fromt he steroids as well.

Waiting (Jen)- I hope you do get your bfp naturally and get your 2011 baby, my due date will be around Jan 1-2 depending on when I O, but due to me having to have a csection, It would still be 2011 for me.

Kara- Love the way your tests are looking...how are you feeling otherwise?

Wanna- So sorry about the BFN. Tons of babydust to you for this cycle.

I know I'm missing people fron the other thread, I'll get to you soon, I just have to go back and read it. But hello to all and I hope the weekend is going well for you.

AFM- Just waiting....I'm planning a trip for the first week of July to Southern California with my twin sister...it should be a nice vacay...
trying46
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby megan6912 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:13 pm

Wow I am way to far behind on personals. I have been doing spring cleaning and will do personals tonight. In the mean time I'm going crazy! I don't know what to do about the iui and I need help! Here is my opk's so far.

Not being monitored sucks balls right now cause I don't know if the cd 11 am should be considered positive and I should get the iui tomorrow or if I got ready to surge and then didn't and should wait. The one on cd 10 was taken before I went to bed and then AM one was taken at 10:30. It just seems like such a short surge if I even did surge at all. Cd 11 is extremely soon to be getting a positive, but I have been off clomid for 4 days and so I kinda expected to ovulate sooner this cycle. Help :(

BTW this is the LAST cycle I'm doing unmonitored. I hate it! This is so stupid that I'm having to guess when I should get this done.
Me- 25
DH-24
DS-1
**Unexplained Infertility**
Failing at conception for 3 years
s/a- everythings normal. Blood tests normal, hsg everythings clear.
March 2011 IUI #1- Bfn
April 2011 Clomid + IUI+ progesterone-bfn
May 2011 Clomid+trigger+IUI+progesterone- BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28b35b
megan6912
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby waitingtobemommy » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:42 pm

Megan: Yikes, that is definitely a surge girl! I would call RE either today if possible or tomorrow first thing. Think you need to get in!!

Paris Jen: Welcome back!! Cant wait to hear about your cruise, and your new pic is gorgeous!! You look relaxed and stress-free...possibly ready for a BFP!!

Aleena: I'm so glad you rebounded and were able to find peace again in this process. I agree that TTC does become the focal points in our lives, and it's a crazy world we live in. You just need to determine if emotionally you're ready to put ttc on the back burner if BFN this cycle. I'll have everything crossed for you this cycle!

Talia: I have good feelings for you this cycle...I think taking last month off gave you, physically and emotionally, the break you needed. Hoping everything works out so you can take home your 2011 baby!

Cassidy: LOL about Washington making CPAs work more!! Hope your 2ww goes quick for you. Sounds like you got some good BD in. Here's hoping that BFP sneaks up on you soon!!

AFM: OPK negative today which I'm really glad about because DH is out of town until tomorrow morning. I "should" ovulate around Monday or Tuesday if I'm going to so I'll keep him busy when he comes home! :wink:
On a side note, I have a Horrid head cold that wont go away....wondering if that will interfere with O??
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012

waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby parisxmas » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:10 pm

Jen (waiting) - I'm sorry that you aren't feeling good. DH and I were both sick when I got pregnant with DD2, and I swear that it was good for us. We got pg in only 2 tries! The second cycle was the one we were sick for and it worked!

Talia - I'm just so happy that you are back on here. I was worried that you were going to be forced into giving up and I want you to get #4 so badly!

Aleena - I know what you mean by TTC controlling everything. I haven't booked much summer travel at all because I'm scared that it will interfere with TTC and RE appts.

Megan - That looks close to a surge, but I'm not 100% sure that it is one.

AFM - The cruise was great, but I didn't get to talk to DH about IVF at all. We literally had 2 hours without the kids the entire week! We even slept in separate rooms because we wanted 1 adult in each stateroom with the kids. I figure I have about 10-14 days before I see my RE at the biopsy depending on when I O, so I still have time.

A quick run down of the trip: We went to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and the Disney private island. It was a 7 night cruise, so the majority was spent on the boat out to sea. The kids had a great time seeing all of the characters, but we live right by Disney World, so it wasn't as "magical" for them as some of the other kids on board. The food and service was great. It felt like we were eating 24/7. They put on 3 great stage shows and we saw Tangled and Mars Needs Moms. Also, the director of Toy Story 3 was doing a Q&A along with an autograph session, so we did that too.

DH and I haven't BD in forever! I had AF before the trip, and then we slept apart on the trip. Hoping to get some in tonight or tomorrow.
Me (Jen) 36 / DH 36 TTC #5
DD 11 / DD 9 / DS 5 / DS1
3 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF cycles, 1 canceled IVF, 1 +HPT IVF
ET 2/24 4dt of 3 embryos 12 cell, 10 cell, 8 cell
none to freeze all arrested
+ HPT 3/1/12 :bfp:
7dp4dt beta 28, 10dp4dt beta 114, 12dp4dt beta 286, (29dpo) beta 20,079
3/26/12 - measuring 7w1d :hb: 141
4/4/12 - measuring 8w3d :hb: 163
It's a BOY! Born 11/7/12
parisxmas
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby megan6912 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Parisxmas- Glad to hear that you had a good time! Post some pics girl. :D I'm sure it was good for you guys to get away and not talk about baby stuff. It might have put some unneeded stress into the trip if you guys would have talked about ivf.

waiting- Being sick can delay o a little bit but it has never really delayed mine by much. I think you will be okay. Are you temping?

Aleena- OMG I can't believe the lab did that to you :x And don't feel silly for TTC taking over your life. Infertility is a disease that for some people can be the worse disease imaginable. Infertility may not kill us physically, but every month it makes us all die a little inside when we get negatives. You shouldn't let anyone make you feel silly for obsessing over a family.
A break might be good though just to keep your sanity. lol I'm already thinking a break sounds good and I just started treatment. Also did you have a chemical this month? You said that your beta was under 5, so does that mean those blue dye tests were all flukes?

Cassidy- Yay for being in the tww. I hope this cycle is it for you. :D

Kara- Is the trigger tests getting a lot lighter yet?

Rachel- Sorry about the bfn. :( Are you gonna do another iui this month?

Lisa- I hope you have a lot of good follies at your check.

afm- Well as you all know, I am completely confused with my opk's. I normally would consider all of those negative, but the fact that I had a barely there line in the afternoon makes me think I did surge. I called the nurse and told her the situation. She said that since I had a color change she thinks I should schedule the iui so I go in tomorrow morning. I'm so nervous that I am not scheduling it right. I have never o'd this early, but I was on clomid and the nurse said that it's normal to ovulate early. I guess if I schedule it wrong, I still can bd.
Me- 25
DH-24
DS-1
**Unexplained Infertility**
Failing at conception for 3 years
s/a- everythings normal. Blood tests normal, hsg everythings clear.
March 2011 IUI #1- Bfn
April 2011 Clomid + IUI+ progesterone-bfn
May 2011 Clomid+trigger+IUI+progesterone- BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28b35b
megan6912
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby aleena » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:57 pm

Quick note for Megan - I'm on my phone and can't see very well but that am opk looks "almost" postitive to me. I just can't believe your having such a short surge though...that's why I'm hesitant whether your Oing already or not... Did u end up calling yoyr RE? Definitely get some BD in and maybe they can do a u\s or something to see what's going on... I totally hate they're not monitoring you! Definitely push it next time!
Me-29 :love: DH-49
TTC #1 since November 2009
DX: moderate MFI
6 medicated cycles, 4 IUIs
:angel: at 5.5 wks April 2011

IVF #1 (ICSI) August 2011 - BFN :(
1 SNOWBABY :hb: (day 6 hatching blast)
FET October 11th 2011 - BFP @ 5dp6dt!!!

RONAN LEE is here! - June 25th, 2012 -7lbs 1 oz, 19 in
aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend