April IUIs and BEYOND!!!

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Postby wannabmommee » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:06 pm

hi everyone..quick post..will do more personals tomorrow..

jennifer- mini ivf? what is that? I'm quite curious? 5k! I'm down for that!!!

well..I'm on day 4 of femara and feel absolutely NOTHING! usually when on meds, I feel a ton of activity or soreness or something in my ovaries stating i'm ovulating or it's growing and this time around taking femara- NADA! I might not be getting results from this :( BooHoo-----
Rachel (32), DH (34)
DX: MFI
2 Chemical Pregnancies
3/11-4/11: Letrozole/femara, Trigger, IUI & Endometrium- BFN
5/11- Menopur, Ovidrel, IUI & Endometrium-
Taking a break...
9/13 Surprise BFP! 9/14 Beta 44,605!! Woohoo!

A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man would have to seek the Lord first to find her.
Greater is HE that is in me than he that is in the world!
wannabmommee
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby babydust2me » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:56 am

Paris Jen - My appointments actually aren't too bad. My clinic is like 10 minutes from my office and they don't last long so usually I'm not even gone an hour. Sorry your DH is a pain for yours. It's a pain to wake my DH up every morning for work :roll: Anyway, good luck with your upcoming appointment. Just thinking about that biopsy makes me nervous. Things like that freak me out a little and it's not even me! Did I mention I was freaking out when I had to do my HSG? :Lol:

Lisa - Yep I'm busy but at least there's an end in sight! I hope those smaller follies caught up and you have 3 good targets. Good luck!

Aleena - You don't have to tell me I need a vacation! DH and I are planning a Jeep trip for Easter weekend and I'm so ready :D I have to force myself to only check this site certain times of the day. Otherwise I'm on here too much and then I have to work longer just to get the same amount of work done. Dang TTC!

Megan - I have no problem if I cursed myself into getting pregnant!! Although this is my 3rd tax season since we've started TTC and I've been this stressed out the other years too so it seems like whether I'm relaxing or stressing, nothing works :roll: I don't blame you for not wanting to go to that baby shower. I had a terrible time at my neice's b-day party last weeeknd. And DH wants us to go to another b-day party tomorrow. Um, no thanks, I'd rather work.

Talia - Thanks for the update! That 17 may very well mature too and 72 million is an awesome count :D Good luck!

Jennifer - I've heard of the mini-IVF but I don't know that much about it. $5k is way better than $10-15k for sure! I would just ask your doctor a bunch of questions about it to decide if it's right for you. If I understand it right, I think you don't do as many meds and they don't try for as many eggs. :dunno: Sorry that your DH's count was so low compared to his others. Has he been doing anything different?

Rachel - Sorry that you're not feeling much. I thought Femara and Letrezole were the same thing. When's your next u/s? I hope you're making some good follies even if you can't feel it!

AFM - Nothing really new to report. Just work work work! I'm debating on whether I'll test early this month or not. I've still got some ICs left over from last month so we'll see.
Cassidy (27) DH (28 ) TTC#1 since Oct 08

SA - Great!
HSG - All Clear
CD3 Bloodwork - Normal
IUI #1 March 2011 - Femara/HCG Trigger - BFN
IUI #2 November 2011 - Femara/Follistim/HCG Trigger - BFP!!!!

Morgan & Reagan arrived on 6/15/12 at 33 weeks!

babydust2me
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby parisxmas » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:11 pm

My oldest is having a sleepover party here is a few hours, so no time for personals, but I wanted to say that I did get CHs today. So weird! I've never O on the day of my first positive. I wonder if all of those days of "not quite positive" tests has something to do with it. Who knows?
Me (Jen) 36 / DH 36 TTC #5
DD 11 / DD 9 / DS 5 / DS1
3 failed IUI's, 2 failed IVF cycles, 1 canceled IVF, 1 +HPT IVF
ET 2/24 4dt of 3 embryos 12 cell, 10 cell, 8 cell
none to freeze all arrested
+ HPT 3/1/12 :bfp:
7dp4dt beta 28, 10dp4dt beta 114, 12dp4dt beta 286, (29dpo) beta 20,079
3/26/12 - measuring 7w1d :hb: 141
4/4/12 - measuring 8w3d :hb: 163
It's a BOY! Born 11/7/12
parisxmas
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby aleena » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:09 pm

quick drop in...

Getting ready to leave work and head to the beach (no really beach time just to hang out) Me and DH time! yaaay!
I have my u/s appt on Monday. Took my shot of Bravelle this morning.

Paris Jen - good luck with the sleep over...lol It hapened to me too to O on the day of the 1st positive. It's not confirmed because I never temped until now but I would get a + opk around 11 am and at night I would have strong O pains and the next day my EWCM would be gone and so I knew.

Kara - what are you up to these days?

Talia - great job with the IUI! for both you and DH ;) what's the plan for the TWW? Any supplements?

Jennifer - wooohoo for a nice IUI! how many follies did you have? Your DH had a great number! We discuss it every time and I get bummed cause we're much lower than that... LOL at naming your baby Cheetah :D FX for baby Tiger! No idea about the mini IVF. This is the first time I hear about something like that.

Megan - I also hate the vaginal supositories with a passion! For a couple of months I was both on Prometrium and Estrace (which has a blue color) and I was taking them at the same time so you can only imagine... Bye bye spontaneous sex! lol
Me-29 :love: DH-49
TTC #1 since November 2009
DX: moderate MFI
6 medicated cycles, 4 IUIs
:angel: at 5.5 wks April 2011

IVF #1 (ICSI) August 2011 - BFN :(
1 SNOWBABY :hb: (day 6 hatching blast)
FET October 11th 2011 - BFP @ 5dp6dt!!!

RONAN LEE is here! - June 25th, 2012 -7lbs 1 oz, 19 in
aleena
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby megan6912 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Aleena- The beach sounds amazing!!! I need to get away sooo bad! Do you live close to a beach? Good luck at your u/s Monday

Paris- I have a hard time reading OPK's since I always get "almost" positives that end up being actual positives when my temp goes up. I wonder if it takes longer for LH to show up in your urine.

Wannab- Is this your first month on femara? Maybe your ovaries really are responding, but you just can't feel it on femara. Clomid produces more eggs which is probably way there is a lot of ovary action, but femara produces a better quality egg.

Jennifer- What's your chances on mini ivf vs actual ivf? Why I ask is because if the chances aren't that big of a difference I'd say go for the mini ivf. It will save you so much money. BUT if you chances are a lot better with the actual ivf, I would have to say save your money. 5k is a lot cheaper if it was actually successful but if it isn't successful that month then you are out 5k and have to save up an additional 10k for actual ivf. Just my thoughts. I'm curious about how they do a mini ivf though.

trying- the iui sounds like it went great!

afm- Okay is progesterone supposed to make your appetite increase? Everything online says that it usually makes you lose weight, but all I've been able to do lately is eat and think about food when I'm not eating.
Me- 25
DH-24
DS-1
**Unexplained Infertility**
Failing at conception for 3 years
s/a- everythings normal. Blood tests normal, hsg everythings clear.
March 2011 IUI #1- Bfn
April 2011 Clomid + IUI+ progesterone-bfn
May 2011 Clomid+trigger+IUI+progesterone- BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/28b35b
megan6912
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby waitingtobemommy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Hi ladies, just have a minute so I'll have to do personals tomorrow...

Not sure if I O'd or not. I had 3 days of + OPK, then I was out of tests so havent tested again to see if I would have had more + days or not. And I'm still having fertile CM and cramps off and on. I know I should probably keep BDing in case but honestly it just seems like so much work!! Missing the simplicity of an IUI! :)
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012
:angel: @ 5 weeks; March 2011
:angel2: @ 8 weeks; Jan. 2012-Trisomy 16

DS Owen Matthew born 1/17/13 via FET
Surprise natural BFP 8/3/14! EDD 4/10/15!
waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby waitingtobemommy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Okay, quick personal because I just cannot pass this up:

Lisa, Holy s*it on your Bding girl!!!!! I hope you're eating your Wheaties for all that activity!! I've never seen such an impressive Bd schedule. If you dont get your BFP this cycle there is definitely something wrong in the universe! Impressed!! :)
Me (Jen): 34, DH: 35
TTC #1 for 4.5 years
3 BFN IUI- 2011
1 BFP IUI- March 2011
1 BFP IVF- December 2011
1 BFP FET- May 2012
:angel: @ 5 weeks; March 2011
:angel2: @ 8 weeks; Jan. 2012-Trisomy 16

DS Owen Matthew born 1/17/13 via FET
Surprise natural BFP 8/3/14! EDD 4/10/15!
waitingtobemommy
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby lisab » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:09 am

Lisa~30 :love: Andy~30
:angel: Many early losses due to autoimmune and blood clotting disorders

*~My Blog~*

After 6+ years of waiting & 3 years, 8 months of seriously trying...
Our miracle arrived August 3, 2013 ~ 5lbs, 8oz & 18 in
Totally worth the wait!

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly..."
lisab
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Previous

Return to IUI