Change doctor after IUI before beta?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Change doctor after IUI before beta?

Postby lurumom » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:35 pm

I had my first IUI on Sunday (8/11). On Monday, the RE's office called me to tell me they didn't notify my insurance in time and therefore, I had to pay out of pocket. I'm furious that they fell down on the job. Not to mention that the MD is rough, has no bedside manner and has little dollar signs in his pupils (his office is plastered with posters for vaginal rejuvenation, Botox, face lifts, and stomach stapling... "Dear Women: Maybe you haven't conceived because you're fat and ugly" is the message he's clearly sending.) In short, he's an @ss and the insurance was the final straw and I refuse to step foot in that place again. In the rare chance that I have a BFP (I realize it is unlikely), can I switch REs? Will someone see me ASAP for a beta, should I need one next week?
lurumom

Re: Change doctor after IUI before beta?

Postby radkitten » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:43 pm

Yes, someone else will see you and I would definitely switch. That is totally unacceptable.
Me (31) - Homozygous MTHFR A1298C, Endometriosis, Left Fallopian Tube removed
DH (33) - Normal
Married - 09/09/09

First ever :bfp: 5/6/13
5-17-13 - D&C and ectopic pregnancy removal at 5w5d. Lost left fallopian tube. Right ovarian cyst removed.

Aug 2013 - 1st clomid cycle (50mg CD3-7). 5 follies, missed ovulation, timed intercourse. BFN
Nov 2013 - Jan 2014 - Follicles all on the left.
Feb 2014 - 5mg Femara CD3-7 - Cyst on left ovary, 18mm follie right ovary! Trigger 2/20, IUI 2/22 BFN
October 2014 - IVF #1. Retrieval October 22nd?

radkitten
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby BrentElmer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:33 am

you should have to change your doctor on immediate basis this could be very serious.
BrentElmer
Friend

Postby Bruce123 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:22 am

BrentElmer wrote:you should have to change your doctor on immediate basis this could be very serious.

i agree with you brentelmer, at this point one should have to change the doctor. can i discuss something with you mate??? do reply me
Bruce123
Friend

Postby CindySmith » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:31 am

so have you changed your doctor or not??? you have got couple off suggestion and i am glad to see that people are taking interest in your problem.
CindySmith
Friend

Return to IUI