September IUIs

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: September IUIs

Postby JLG80 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Hi! Glad you will be wrapping up work soon. That will be nice.

I had a rough evening last night. Was really sore. Had to sleep propped up, and DH had to help me get around. I was really sore. The progesterone shot went well. I didn't even feel it, although today I feel the soreness.

The lab just called and told me we have 9 good looking embryos growing! Transfer is scheduled for Friday at 1 pm. I have to start drinking a liter of water an hour before, then afterwards they drain it with a catheder which I'm not happy about then make me rest 1 1/2 hours. He said many of the other eggs were from smaller follicles, and not yet mature. He said he will call back Wednesday to give us another report.

I'm supposed to return to work tomorrow. I'll see. I'm still sore, and I'm not too sure about walking up and down stairs and sitting all day. I'll just play it by ear. Plus, it would be nice to have my bday off!

I guess I better get to training my husband on cat litter duties!
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Dx PCOS, Rx metformin July 2014
Lap 8/14/14
9/14-Clomid, Ovidrel, & timed BD -1follicle: BFN
10/20/14 IUI #1 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 1follicle: BFN
12/8/14 IUI #2 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 2follicles: BFN
1/10/15 IUI #3 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 1 follicle: BFN
2/6/15 IUI #4 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 2 follicles: BFN
IVF May 2015 - cancelled due to high baseline estrogen levels, postponed to July.
Baseline scheduled 7/17/15.
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
1 blastocyst transferred 8/7/15, 3 frozen.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
9/3/15 ultrasound ❤️ 118bpm
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Marciej09 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:42 pm

Happy Birthday!!! 9 eggs...what a great bday present! How are you feeling today? Did you take the day off or decide to work?

I decided to make today my last day. I just need to rest! Had my checkup today and no further progression. She did the membrane sweep. It kinda hurt but not too bad. No bleeding after or anything else yet. If I don't go into labor within 48 hrs of it then it just didn't work. Worth a try I guess.

Just wanted to quickly check in. I have a bunch of stuff to wrap up at work so I'll check in again tomorrow! Take care
Me 35 - All tests normal. AMH 2.18
DH 37 - 0 viable sperm. Tried everything - moving on to donor sperm
TTC 3.5 yrs
IUI #1 Sept 19 Unmedicated. BFN
IUI #2 Oct 19 Clomid, 2 follies on right at 18 & 24 and one on left at 24. Lining 8mm. +Trigger BFN
IUI #3 Nov 15 Clomid, 3 follies on right at 17,17,& 19. Lining up to 8mm with help from estrogen inserts. +Trigger BFP!!
It's a Boy!! Due August 8

Cylas James born August 7th :)
Marciej09
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JLG80 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:17 pm

Hi! Thanks!

I did go back to work today. I figure with missing Monday, and again Friday.... Plus I felt much better. My butt actually hurts more from the progesterone shots! That second shot I did feel! Ouch! I also think I am going to take the 18th off, the day of my beta test, cause regardless of the outcome, there will be no way I will be able to focus at work.

The pharmacy called today, and my insurance wants to only pay for 8 of the 45 prescribed estrogen patches, because generally, people use only 2 per week, and I'm prescribed 3 every other day. It's a protocol used with the progesterone to help reduce risks of miscarriage. So, I am trying to have my dr. Authorize the need for it with my insurance company, otherwise I will be out $558 per month, for possibly 3 months! I don't know if it will work, but that's what the pharmacist suggested. Otherwise I guess MasterCard and I will be doing more frequent business together. :?

Well, I wonder if the membrane sweep will move things along then for you. All done with work! So exciting! At least now you don't have to worry about your water breaking at work! 4 more days till your due date! I hope you can get some rest in the next couple of days!

I'll update you tomorrow, as our embryologist will be calling for another update on our embryos! I hope and pray they are growing strong!

Have a good night, talk to you later!
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Lap 8/14/14
IVF May 2015 - cancelled due to high baseline estrogen levels, postponed to July.
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Marciej09 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:14 pm

Glad to hear to you are feeling better! Any news on the embryos? Praying they all grow strong and healthy!! Hopefully you get your meds worked out. That stinks.

I'm not feeling much different from the sweep yesterday. I'm pretty sure it didn't work on me but I guess there is always tonight left. I didn't sleep well last night. The little guy kicked the crap out of me till about 1am and it really hurts now. I had to keep getting up and walk around to relieve some pressure. I can't wait till he's out and keeping me up at night! I'd much rather have that. Everyone keeps saying any day now and I know it is but it still seems so far away! Haha
TTC 3.5 yrs
IUI #2 Oct 19 Clomid, 2 follies on right at 18 & 24 and one on left at 24. Lining 8mm. +Trigger BFN
IUI #3 Nov 15 Clomid, 3 follies on right at 17,17,& 19. Lining up to 8mm with help from estrogen inserts. +Trigger BFP!!

Marciej09
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JLG80 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:32 pm

It won't be very long! Even if it didn't work, just think, less than a week! Will you still be getting on these boards you think? If not, we can private message our email addresses if you want, I'd like to keep in touch!

I missed the call cause I was in session, but got word that we have "6 perfect embryos". I was very pleased, I know that generally only a couple make it to the blastocyst stage, so I had geared up to hear the number 4. Needless to say I am greatful and relieved. I don't plan for all 6 making it to Friday, but really hope at least 3-4 do. I won't hear any more news until Friday right before the procedure.

Still working on my insurance issue, and my nurse is awesome. She tried to get it authorized; they said no, and so she is doing some appeal process. In the meantime, I called around and found that I can get them from Walgreens for $344, so I will go that route if need be. Much better than $558. Ridiculous price gouging. Anyway, I have a week's worth and will either go with Walgreens or see if my dr office can win the war with my insurance company.

Well only a few more days until your little man is on the ground, and I know if this worked! I decided I am going to start home testing next Saturday, which will be 7 days past 6 day transfer. I think that will be plenty of time, and it will be 3 days before my beta. I'm gonna be so scared!
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Lap 8/14/14
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Marciej09 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:12 am

Don't worry. I won't disappear on you! I'm just as excited to continue to follow your journey.

6 is great! Let's hope 3-4 do make it. That would give you something to freeze which I know doesn't always happen. As far as your meds... Did you try your grocery store (Hy-vee)? My RE had me get our meds from the pharmacy at ours (a Kroger store) because they were the cheapest here. She actually told me Walgreens was one of the highest here. I suppose it can vary greatly by location and type of meds though. Regardless it's great you found it over $200 lower!
Insurance has been a huge issue with us too. Hubby has chronic neck and back pain to manage and they just keep denying everything. It's so frustrating.

Well it looks like the sweep didn't work. I finally had a really good nights sleep though. I think I may be waiting till my induction on Monday. I'm trying not to worry to much about that. My mom, brother, and niece have been planning all along to come on Wednesday and stay a week. I was hoping to get some alone time at home for a couple days but looks like we will have a full house with a newborn! At least it's my family and I will be comfortable telling them to get out of the house for a few hours if needed and know they won't be offended! My mom will be great to have too. I know my brother is planning on keeping my niece busy a coupe days going to the zoo and a waterpark.
It would be better timing for hubby's family too. They are all out of town! My sister in law is on work trip till Sunday and his parents are about 6 hours away with his grandma who just got out of hospital with pneumonia. So relieved she is doing better though. They said as soon I go into labor they will drive back so I'm sure they will make it in plenty of time.

Well your big day is tomorrow! I wish you all the best and can't wait to hear some details on your little embryos. Did you decide to transfer 2?
I'm sure all will go well and hope you get plenty of rest afterwards. Glad it's happening on a Friday too so you can rest all weekend!
TTC 3.5 yrs

Marciej09
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Marciej09 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:19 pm

I'm at the hospital!! Waters broke at 1pm with no contractions (or so I thought) and was admitted about 4pm. I'm trying to walk as much as possible to get things going because they want to start pitocin soon. They are going to give me about an hour to get things moving on my own so hopefully the waking works! Contractions are about 4-6 min apart but not painful and still haven't changed from 3cm dialted. Super excited right now though and can't wait to meet our little man tonight or tomorrow!!
TTC 3.5 yrs

Marciej09
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JLG80 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:35 pm

OH MY GOSH, MARCIE!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm glad you didn't have to wait for the 10th! Geez, they narrowed your due date almost to a T! Hopefully this will give you a few days to settle In at home before family comes. I can't wait to hear all about it, and hopefully see a picture! I'll be thinking about you all evening! Good luck, I know you will do great!!!

Thanks for the well wishes for tomorrow! We want to transfer two, but the nurse said that was up to the dr. So, I assume we meet with him prior to discuss how many we still have, quality, etc...I guess they encourage to transfer 1'if it's awesome quality, and are open to 2, if they are less than best quality. I would prefer 2, fantastic quality, just to increase chances, and I've read a lot of people transfer 2, and only 1 attach. So, I'm not sure how firm our dr will be or how much we have a part in the decision. I plan to plead my case, but I realize it can work with 1, or not work with 2, so just gotta trust God.

So I can't wait to check in on you for updates!! Good luck, momma!
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Lap 8/14/14
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Marciej09 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:52 am

Thanks Jenny! Thinking about you today! Post when you can.

I've been stalled out at 5.5cm for the last 6-7hours :(
I got to 5cm on my own by walking non stop and decided I was ready for an epidural. Well they started pitocin at the same time and keep upping it but it's only moved me .5. I kinda wish I held out and keep walking through the pain. I haven't been able to sleep at all even though they are keeping me comfortable. I'm just too anxious!
They just told me babies heart rate is dropping a bit after each contraction so they are lowering my pitocin now. I'm sure everything will be ok but I'm scared of a c-section. Of course I will be ok with whatever keeps my baby safe though!!
Will try to update when I can. Can't wait to hear how things go for you.
TTC 3.5 yrs

Marciej09
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JLG80 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:33 pm

Wow, sounds like a long labor for you! A c section may be scary, but they're done all the time and you will rock it if it comes to that! Hopefully you start dilating more soon. Glad you are still comfortable.

Today we learned we had 4 perfect blastocysts! The embryologist and dr highly stressed we try transferring one this time, as the embryo is strong, and I don't have uterus issues. He said transferring two would significantly increase likelihood for twins,and can open up for more complications. So, we decided to do the one, and freeze three. The dr was an hour late, and I was holding my bladder til I was feeling hostile, lol. They finally came in and let me pee. I sat there for so long after before he arrived that my bladder was full again. Anyway, that was the worst of it. We got a pic of the embryo and and ultrasound pic of it in my uterus. We got to watch the procedure and see the embryo before they put it in the catheder on a screen connected to the microscope. The worst of the procedure was when they drained my bladder afterward, but it was only painful for a second. They gave me orders so I can get bloodwork drawn locally, so I don't have to make long trips. I have to get blood drawn next wed, then my beta the next week. They will forward to my re, who will determine if my estradiol or progesterone needs adjusted to prevent miscarriage. So, first of week I will call the hospital here, and schedule, or find out the protocol for walk in labs like that.

The best part was when the dr pointed to a larger cluster on the embryo and said that was the baby already beginning to form! We about lost it!

After an hour or so tilted back in recovery, some drive thru, and a 2 1/2 hour ride home, I'm kicked back and relaxing. I'm to be on bed rest through Saturday.

Well, I am thinking of you, and will check back frequently for updates!! I'll try to post a pic of our embryo! Hope you are progressing along!
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Lap 8/14/14
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby JLG80 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:05 pm

Blastocyst pic
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (154.35 KiB) Viewed 793 times
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Lap 8/14/14
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Marciej09 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:13 pm

Awe that made me tear up!! Congrats on the transfer and 3 great snow embryos!! You really did great. I hope you are resting well and can't wait to hear beta results.

Sorry it took me a while. I have been so exhausted! I was stalled out at 5.5 for 12 hours and hitting the 24 hr mark that my waters had broke. I was running a fever and bleeding lot more than they liked so i mentally tried to prepare myself for a c-section. The nurse decided to try one last position with me and after that I went up 1 cm every hour till last check I was at 9.5 and baby at +1 station. Dr came in and and asked me to for a push to see how I could handle it with the Epi. Thought I did great so she wanted to start pushing even though we weren't full ready. I started pushing at 5pm and he finally came at 6:53!! They snipped me a little but not a full cut and I ended up with a 2nd degree tear on my own plus a nasty hemorrhoid. All worth it! His name is Cylas James and he weighed 7.3 lbs and 19 3/4 long. Because I ran a fever and my membranes were ruptured so long they took him to special care and transferred us from birth center to the hospital (under ground tunnel). We've both been on IVs and antibiotics sill. He ended up coming out with no fever (they expected one). I got one hour skin to skin with him then didn't see him for several hours. I only see him every couple hours now but hoping to get news tonight that they will transfer him to my room. They are keeping us till Sunday evening at least. I can't wait to go home with him!
I can't really post pics on here easily from my phone so I will get to that as soon as I can

You take care and rest up! We both had really big days.
TTC 3.5 yrs

Marciej09
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JLG80 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:16 pm

Congratulations, Marcie!! I LOVE the name! How are you feeling? I bet the tear and hemorrhoid will be uncomfortable for a while. Did they have to stitch you up? Hopefully the antibiotics will get you feeling better soon, and I hope you guys get some more time together shortly. I'm sure that is hard to be seperated from him. Overall, were you in a lot of pain?
I'm so thrilled to hear you both are ok. After that long, I bet you are exhausted!!

Doing well here, just taking it easy. Had a little cramping but don't know if that was from the procedure, progesterone, or implantation. I found out that 1 of the 2 local hospitals cannot get same day estradiol and progesterone labs (send off 2-3 days) so, I may end up driving to Springfield for the blood tests. I haven't called the other place to see if that can do same day, but that's the place that mixed up my hsg results and misread my sister in law's blood test, so I don't think I really trust them. I think I'm just going to call them tomorrow and schedule to make the drive. That way I can trust they will be taken care of. I've made probably 30 trips in this journey, what's two more?

Rest up and enjoy that baby and recooperating. Nothing is going on with me until Wednesday, when I will just be getting blood work to determine if I need a med adjustment. Saturday morning I plan to take a home test, with my beta the Tuesday after that, so I have a week to try to distract myself. Once you get home and settled some, I'll be anxious to see a picture of Cylas! Rest up, and I will talk to you soon. Once again, congrats!!
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Lap 8/14/14
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Marciej09 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:12 am

Good to hear that you are doing so well. I would think cramping might be good. That stinks you will have to make that drive but I understand not trusting that place after a couple big mistakes. Keep imaging the implant happening and baby growing. That really helped me during the unknown times.

Baby Cylas was moved to my room at about 7pm. I was so happy. It's been rough ever since though. He is over his first day sleepiness and hungry! He is cluster feeding because my milk hasn't come in yet. So the colostrum comes out in drops. It's great for him but doesn't keep him satisfied long at all. The cluster fededing is good for me too and should help the milk come in faster. It's awesome getting bonding time but it hurts and it gives you intense cramps. I didn't know that part. I guess it helps my uterus contract back to size which is good. But yeah painful. I haven't slept more than 5 hours total since my water broke on Thursday. Zero sleep tonight (or last night since it is technically morning now!). They are saying we should both be discharged by around dinner time Sunday. So looking forward to that! Then I can at least sleep when he does and nurses won't be coming in every hour to keep me up!
So you asked about the pain. Since I got an epidural it wasn't really painful at all. The pushing part was like an intense workout but I only felt a bunch of pressure down there. Afterwards when they massaged my stomach ..that part hurt worse. And they keep doing it for an hour or so. After the Epi wore off the pain down below started. I did get stitches but I didn't even ask how many. I also felt crappy from the infection and fever I had. Thank God Cylas didn't get it. Ice packs are a must and so is squirting water on myself every time I go pee! I've refused to take Percocet tho and just take Motren and tylonal. I don't want to be out of it. It will get better everyday and it doesn't really bother me since I have my baby. I am so thankful and I can't wait for you to experience all this too!

Hope you are doing well today. I hope to catch up on some sleep when we get home but I'll also have a lot more free time in between to check up on you!
TTC 3.5 yrs

Marciej09
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JLG80 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:16 pm

Hi! Are you home and settling in? How's the breast feeding going? Is it getting any better? I didn't know about the cramps, either.hopefully they are short lived. Where they massaging your stomach to get the placenta worked down or what? I didn't know about that part, either. I hope you get caught up on sleep and get to feeling better soon.

I'm doing well. I found myself thinking a lot about it Saturday and Sunday, so today work was actually a good distraction. DH's factory is on shutdown this week, so he is home all week, so it's nice that he is home when I get home. I have to work late a couple nights this week, but other than that I'm looking forward to spending the evenings together, since we often don't get to. As much as I'd like to be staying home this week, too, it will probably be a good distraction all week.

Enjoy that little man, and rest up, I know you have a day, then family starts pouring in!
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Lap 8/14/14
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI