September IUIs

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: September IUIs

Postby JLG80 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Hey! I'm glad things appear to be getting easier with the breast feeding. Hopefully the pain will subside soon.

I was confused on whether to start counting at first day of last period, or on egg retrieval day as that is conception day. When I called to schedule with my local OB, they asked me how far along I was too, and I was like, ughhhhh, well....and they said they count the first day of the cycle, which would put me at 5 weeks now, and about 6 1/2 at ultrasound time. Weird to think that, as my embryo was growing in a lab for the first week, and technically i wasn't pregnant until August 7....even though I was a week along before then.

I just called my insurance and they told me the suppositories would cost $87 co pay, no matter how many the dr prescribes. Now, if I stick with the shots, I'd only be out another $20. I hope the insurance lady understood me...with those patches, my insurance only pays for 8 per month, and I use 3 every other day, so am shelling out $60 per week right now :( I don't want to run into finding out that quote was for 1x day versus 2 that I will be prescribed. It was kind of hard to understand her.

There is the hassle of 2xday, and most likely having to do it at work, but the benefit of no more needles. Plus, DH mentioned they may be going on overtime soon, which would throw off our time for shots. It would make it more doable if I could just take care of business myself. I asked my nurse if there was another location I could do the shot myself,mince it is a difficult twist to reach my butt, and use two hands to stretch the skin and pull out to check for blood, etc....if I were to do it on my own.....she said there was the hip, but it would hurt so bad....like can't walk bad. Those were her words. If I knew DH could give it to me from here on out for sure, i'd stay with shots, and save $....but may need to just eat the extra $67 for peace of mind.

I just hate having debt and I have nearly $500 on my credit card in medications.....thanks for that, insurance! I guess I shouldn't complain.....I could be paying several thousands for the IVF procedures themselves.....I'm wondering what my cost will be for that....they adjusted our plan July 1, and my out of pocket went from $2k to $6500, so I could be I guess anywhere up to that. Still....could be worse. Maybe this year we will be able to itemize taxes.

I know it's too early to start buying stuff, but I want to! I have to resist my impulse to buy some cute stuff and focus on paying med expenses....I did buy a frame for my embryo picture today, and also ended coming out with a baby frame, too. That's the only thing I bought. Next week, though, after our ultrasound, I would like to go to get our first onsie or one or two things, just cause I'm excited and it will be our last time in Springfield, so take advantage of the larger shopping options.

Ok, sorry to vent on money and all that....I kind of used this post as a journal/ venting/processing/ sorting out my thoughts entry, lol. Guess it's time to start budgeting so I have dr bill money and some baby fun money, too. That way, when it's really time to let loose, I might have a stash :)

I'm not testing at home. I have some cheapies left. After my positive that Saturday, I took another that following Monday, the day before beta, but haven't since then.

Noticing some boob changes...not sure if pregnancy effects them that fast, or if it is the progesterone. They definately feel fuller, and my bra is already pushing it's limit!
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Dx PCOS, Rx metformin July 2014
Lap 8/14/14
9/14-Clomid, Ovidrel, & timed BD -1follicle: BFN
10/20/14 IUI #1 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 1follicle: BFN
12/8/14 IUI #2 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 2follicles: BFN
1/10/15 IUI #3 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 1 follicle: BFN
2/6/15 IUI #4 (Clomid & Ovidrel) 2 follicles: BFN
IVF May 2015 - cancelled due to high baseline estrogen levels, postponed to July.
Baseline scheduled 7/17/15.
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
1 blastocyst transferred 8/7/15, 3 frozen.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
9/3/15 ultrasound ❤️ 118bpm
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Marciej09 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:25 pm

It's always good to vent and get it out!! I was astonished when we did our taxes this year and added up just over $13,000 in out of pocket medical expenses between me and DH last year. Best advice I have is try to let it go and move forward the best way possible. My dad ended up giving us almost half to help but it was still a big chunk! It was all worth it and I know you feel the same.

As far as boob changes I think everyone is different. I didn't notice mine getting any bigger until the second trimester. I was wearing my same bras until then. Then I had to find bras with no underwire cause that can really hurt when your belly gets bigger! Buy cheap ones in case you keep growing. I didn't buy nursing bras till a few weeks before I was due. I still could use some better ones.

DH reminded me it's been a week since I left the house. I'm just so tired and not really wanting to take Cylas out. He's having gas issues bad the last two days too. We are praying he doesn't get colic. He acts like he is in terrible pain shortly after nursing :( I'm going to give up milk for a while to see if that helps. I drink a lot of it and they say that is the first thing to try. I've been drinking it like crazy since I gave birth though so I'm not sure that's it. I'm trying to avoid some other trigger foods too. We have his pediatrician appt on Thursday to get circumcised so I'm going to ask a ton of questions. I think I found that he has a lip tie too (didn't even know that existed!) so that could be causing a shallow latch which has him taking in more air than he should be. Its frustrating seeing him in pain and it's also really wearing on me. It always worse at night of course!

Hope you are having a great week. I'm sure you are counting the days till u/s! It will be here before you know it.
Me 35 - All tests normal. AMH 2.18
DH 37 - 0 viable sperm. Tried everything - moving on to donor sperm
TTC 3.5 yrs
IUI #1 Sept 19 Unmedicated. BFN
IUI #2 Oct 19 Clomid, 2 follies on right at 18 & 24 and one on left at 24. Lining 8mm. +Trigger BFN
IUI #3 Nov 15 Clomid, 3 follies on right at 17,17,& 19. Lining up to 8mm with help from estrogen inserts. +Trigger BFP!!
It's a Boy!! Due August 8

Cylas James born August 7th :)
Marciej09
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JLG80 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:57 pm

13k wow! Glad you had some help! We probably will be close to that, especially if you count gas and hotel costs. If I have a baby in my arms, it will be worth every penny, though!

A week, huh? Yea, probably time for a little fresh air, girl! Lol! My friend had a horrible time breast feeding at first. Found out her son was lip and toungue tied. After that was fixed, it got tremendously easier for latching/feeding. None of the doctors around here mentioned it, but she found out about it online and drove to a place in St.Louis that fixed it with a laser in a quick appointment. What is it about drinking milk that can cause issues? Hang in there. I know it has got to be hard seeing him struggle and feeling like you have no control over taking it away for him. I hope you get some answers to your list of questions Thursday. I hope you can catch up some rest soon, too.

I'll have to go bra shopping soon. I have two of my bras from before I lost weight, so I can move into them soon probably, but will have to go shopping for some non underwire.

I guess I always assumed circumcision was done before you left the hospital. Do they sedate him for that?

A week and a day until ultrasound!! Very excited! It's a vaginal ultrasound....was yours? I read though that this early we are likely to see more that way, and even possibly see a heartbeat! Hope so!

Hope everything goes well on Thursday...let me know how it goes.
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Lap 8/14/14
IVF May 2015 - cancelled due to high baseline estrogen levels, postponed to July.
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Marciej09 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:11 pm

It was rough seeing our little guy go through the circumcision today :-/
Hubby actually went outside the building cause he couldn't even handle hearing him cry through the wall. I went in the room with him. The good thing about waiting is they let him have Tylenol so that's helped a bunch. Changing his diapers have been scary. I just don't want to hurt him more! His umbilical cord also hasn't fallen off yet so she put some nitrate on it and that seemed to hurt him too. Now I need to swab him with alcohol a few times a day.
They didn't want to do the circumcision in the hospital because he had to be on antibiotics from my infection and said it could cause clotting issues. They said it wasn't a big deal to wait and lots of people choose to wait I guess because they apparently do better at 2-3 weeks. I had no idea. He is 3 weeks old tomorrow! He is up to 8 lbs 13oz and grew an inch and a half! Dr asked me if I was supplementing because he is gaining so well. At that point I said no and asked her about the lip tie. She looked and said its pretty normal and that his lip can move pretty high. I told her I have an issue with his upper lip tucking in and she said I just need to work on pulling it out. That's easier said than done but breastfeeding is getting less and less painful everyday. I guess I just need to keep at it!
Dairy is the biggest food intolerance that they can have. When they are little they have trouble breaking down the proteins in cows milk but this doesn't mean they are allergic. I asked he dr and she said its not as common as people think but it doesn't hurt to cut down and see if that helps. We actually think he's improved. I still eat yogurt and cheese and everything else but just don't drink the one to two large glasses of milk I was. It was so refreshing and I miss it! I had no clue that breastfeeding made you so thirsty! I am definitely way more hungry now than when I was pregnant too. I plan on reintroducing the milk in about month since they usually outgrow the issue.

Less than a week now till ultrasound day!! The earliest my RE wanted was 6.5 weeks to see the heartbeat so I think you have a really good chance! That's what did it for me. Hearing the heartbeat at our 7 week u/s was just the best thing ever and I cried so many happy tears!! We video taped it too. My RE only does vaginal ultrasounds so yea that's what I got too. I dont remember seeing much more than a blinking heartbeat and a blob though. But the 9 week one looked like a baby! It was crazy to see the growth in 2 weeks time.

Can't wait for you to have it! I didnt start feeling symptoms till I was 6.5 weeks (besides some cramping) so I'm looking forward to hearing how you are feeing too! Take care!
TTC 3.5 yrs
IUI #2 Oct 19 Clomid, 2 follies on right at 18 & 24 and one on left at 24. Lining 8mm. +Trigger BFN
IUI #3 Nov 15 Clomid, 3 follies on right at 17,17,& 19. Lining up to 8mm with help from estrogen inserts. +Trigger BFP!!

Marciej09
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JLG80 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:28 pm

Aww I'm sorry that was so rough. I can't believe they don't do more for the pain, like numb the area or something at least. I'm glad you all have it behind you. How long does it usually take for the umbilical cord to come out? I have so much to learn in the next 9 months!!

The local clinic called me back today. The one I'm switching to. They have a lot of policys I like, like skin to skin even before they clean the baby, keeping the baby in the room, etc... All stuff to promote bonding, security, and attachment. Anyway, the had to get pre-approval for my insurance. They called me today, and said what my out of cost would be....and said they now require to prepay for labor and delivery and have it paid in full 3 months before due date! What!? That doesn't make sense to me cause what i miscarry, need a c section, do or don't have an epidural, etc. they said they would bill or refund any changes. Still really weird to me. They said I would have to make huge payments each month. I thought I was gonna have to go back to the other clinic, but then realized she was checking my insurance online, and my retrieval and transfer haven't been processed. Hopefully, that will have caused me to meet my deductible, which will decrease the payments. So, I'm waiting on them to call me back.

So, my plan to save up my bill during my pregnancy.... Not so much. Will be trying to boost some lip balm and sleep balm sales, but also have to buy some more supplies.... And my shopping trip after the ultrasound will probably be a bit more modest now. But, on the upside, won't have that debt at the end.

I'm so excited for the ultrasound! I will be at 6 1/2 weeks then, too! I have had a few moments still of nausea, and some cramping. My boobs have actually gotten a little less sore. I hope that's ok.

Hope little guy is recovering and feeling better. Sorry for any typos... Using my phone.
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Lap 8/14/14
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Marciej09 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:46 pm

Actually they gave him a shot of lidocaine to numb it and said that would be the worst part. Those shots really sting! I got one before my epidural and it hurt. Then they strap down his legs which he hated. That's probably why he kept crying. I don't think he could feel the procedure itself. They told me the cord would fall off in 7-10 days but it obviously didn't happen that soon for us! It's finally fallen off this weekend though. You will be told all this stuff at the hospital or pedi appointments so don't think you have know everything! :)

Wow I've never heard of paying in advance for having a baby...! That stinks. I still haven't paid anything or gotten a bill yet. We did skin to skin also which I almost missed out on because of my infection and the transfer to the hospital. The nurse delayed the transfer just long enough to give me an hour because she knew how important that was to me! The Dr also agreed to wait to cut the umbilical cord until it stopped beating, however, they ended up cutting it immediately because they worried he would have a fever like I did and wanted to check him. I guess just ask for everything you want but be prepared for plans to change in an instant.

Hope your lip and sleep balm sales go well! Don't worry about symptoms. Nothing is consistent or the same from person to person. My boobs never got sore after I stopped the estrogen.

So breastfeeding has to be the hardest job I've ever had in my life! I know it's so rewarding but some days I feel like I'm going to break :-(
He nurses every 2 hours typically but the last 48 hours I've barely went more than 1 hour without him nursing. A lot of it is comfort nursing where he isn't actually eating. It's the only thing to keep him settled down. He is now completely refusing a paci. My nipples are taking a beating and are back to being cracked. Hopefully this will ease up soon and at least nipples heal super fast. They really hurt to nurse. I'm not giving up no matter what though. I do hope to start pumping around 6 weeks to get a break at night and have DH feed him if he will take a bottle. Last night I dint get to sleep till after 4 then was up at 6 to feed him. I might average 2-3 hours sleep a night with maybe a 1-2 hour nap during the day. I'm bad at napping though. I look terrible and so worn down. we will get through this together though! My mom is coming back in a month and I am so looking forward to that. I wish I lived in the same city as her. I hope you have more support than I do. I have taken care of so many babies but never knew how hard it would be to have a newborn around the clock! I totally under estimated it and now I knowl why so many people give up on breastfeeding. No one can really help you when you are the only one that can feed them.

Ok end rant. He's such a sweetie. Even on the hardest nights I just thank God I have him. He's only this little for so long so I also just needs to stop and enjoy the bonding and cuddles!

Hope this week flies by for you. Looking forward to Thursday! :)
TTC 3.5 yrs

Marciej09
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Marciej09 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:47 pm

Oh and I can't believe we have kept up this thread for a year!!! People are probably going to start jumping back in for their September IUIs :)
TTC 3.5 yrs

Marciej09
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby JLG80 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:38 pm

Oh my gosh, it has been a year!! How crazy!!! I can't believe it! I guess there isn't a limit on length, huh, or we would have probably hit it by now, lol. I'll see if I can figure out how to private message you and I'll send you my email, in case you want to move to email at some point...

I want them to wait on cutting the cord, too! I'm glad Cylas' finally came out. That's a relief that they gave him some pain relief. I bet that was scary to be strapped down. I bet that was really hard for you to watch, too.

I still haven't heard back regarding my insurance, but I'm in full save mode. I made another sale of balms to a natural grocery store in Springfield, so will take it there after the ultrasound. I'm still going to do a little shopping with those gains. Plus, I'm joining in with my brother for a garage sale in two weeks, so hopefully I will be successful somewhat with that. Maybe I can sell a few balms at the garage sale, too. I have mostly small stuff, but it all can add up, and I do have a large wall mirror and a coffee table, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

My mother in law gave me an old dresser that was my DH's, and hers before that. It is painted a country blue, with half peeled off bunny and chick decals on it.....so, I'm going to enlist my woodworking father to help me sand and paint it. She gave me permission.....she is the one that did the blue, and DH is the one that picked off the decals when he was little. I'm probably going to paint it white. My wall is a greenish/gray tone, and the doors and trim are white, so we decided white furniture would pop nicely against the wall. So, I'll look for a white crib, too. My mother in law sent me a link to secure beginnings.....it is a mattress designed to help protect against SIDS by allowing air flow. It has a hollow bottom and has holes in it, in case the baby rolls over. It's really expensive. I like the safety idea, but also am not sure how comfortable it would be, it's just a thin cloth stretched across a base, like a tight hammock, with holes in it. It fits in the crib. I wonder if it would leave marks from the pattern. Anyway, it's an idea, but I think I'll continue to research options. I got time for that part, but my mom in law keeps sending me ideas. I think they are buying us a crib, and my folks are buying us a rocker, so I'm definately blessed!

We are lucky to have family nearby, but I understand the distance can be hard. My brother and parents lived in Nevada for several years, and I only got to see them 1-2 times per year. It really sucked the first year after my nephew was born. I'm fortunate now that my brother, sis n law, and niece and nephew live 4 miles from us. They want to find a house, but plan on staying in the same area. My parents are an hour drive from my house, and about a 45 min drive from my work. They are only about 20 mins from my new dr and hospital I will be delivering at. :)

I am working long hours mom-wed, cause I realized with my schedule, taking a personal day for Thursday would still put me well over 40 hours. If I didn't take personal time, I would only be a few hours short on my 40. Soooo, i decided to work 10-12 hour days mon- wed so I get a free day off Thursday, and work a regular day Friday. Will be a long couple days, but my excitement for Thursday will get me through, and that's one more day to have for maternity! I have approximately 2/3 of my 12 weeks saved up! Granted I will take some time around Christmas, and may have a sick day or two in there between now and then, but should have most of my time saved come end of April!

You seem so dedicated and motivated to keep on breastfeeding! Good for you! It sounds like an exhausting job. Hang in there! I hope it gets better very soon!
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Lap 8/14/14
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby candy35 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:34 pm

I had my First IUI today! We were told DH count was 2 million, definitely on the low side, which was surprising because his counts have always been wonderful. We went ahead and did it anyway because we were prepared and all we need is one! I'm eating pineapple core, brazil nuts and drinking pomegranate juice. I am praying and hoping this is it!
candy35
Friend

Postby valerie0187 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:27 pm

AHHH! I missed so much! I am happy to see that you ladies kept this thread going! WOW! Since I've last posted on here a baby has been born and a BFP! That's awesome! I guess I have some updating myself.

This summer has been crazy busy. I worked close to 11 hours per day Mon-Fri at a summer camp where I am a program director. That took a lot out of me. On a more serious note my aunt was diagnosed with cancer but thank God she is now cancer free!!. All that happened this summer.

Oh and a few weeks ago I was in a minor car accident and I had to go to L&D because I was at risk for preterm labor. I stayed overnight but little bean was okay! I do see a chiropractor 3 times per week which helps with my back pain.

I'm happy to finally be in my third trimester. My little girl which I named Elizabeth Rose should be here just shy of three months :D
~*Valerie B.*~
------------------------------------------------------
- First appointment with RE on November 11, 2013
- IUI #1 on August 27, 2014
- BFN on September 9, 2014
- IUI #2 on September 23, 2014
- BFN on October 4, 2014
- IUI #3 on October 17, 2014
- BFN on October 29, 2014
- IUI #4 on March 31, 2015
- BFP on April 11, 2015
- beta #1 - 304 on April 14, 2015
- beta #2 - 703 on April 16, 2015
- Single Mother By Choice (SMC)
ImageImage
valerie0187
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babyforsheehans » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:19 pm

Valerie-congrats on your third trimester.:)
Curious was this your first iui, I am new to this and so happy to hear success stories. Did any of you guys have early symptoms.
Babyforsheehans
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby valerie0187 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:17 pm

No, this was actually my 4th IUI. My first three was unmedicated and the 4th IUI was medicated. I also changed donors with the 4th IUI.

I stopped symptom spotting for my 4th try. But when I noticed something was different with my body was on my way to work I suddenly got really tired. When I pulled into the parking lot I had to take a quick nap I was sooo tired. I knew that was kinda weird. I took a pregnancy test when I got home that night and that is when I got a BFP! So my symptom didn't appear until CD 10 and I took the test midnight which made it CD 11 for the BFP.
~*Valerie B.*~
- BFN on October 4, 2014
- BFP on April 11, 2015
- beta #1 - 304 on April 14, 2015
- beta #2 - 703 on April 16, 2015
- Single Mother By Choice (SMC)
ImageImage
valerie0187
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Babyforsheehans » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:32 am

The tired part is the worst I'm so tired throughout the day like I can fall asleep (did on my lunch break) but then at night time I can't sleep, probably my mind working overtime with this tww. I'm so happy for you that 4th times the charm, the was my 1st and it was medicated aswell so my fx.
Babyforsheehans
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby JLG80 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Hi Valerie! So sorry for all the stress you have faced recently, but I'm glad things are turning out ok. Yay for your 3rd trimester! I started my second trimester today!! I haven't been on the site for a while, and thought I'd check in, glad I did!

Babyforsheehans- hope your iui was a success! My first noticeable symptom was intense exhaustion, too. Like it took real effort to get through the work day, and often a nap as soon as I got home!
Me 35
DH 40
TTC #1 since April 2013
HSG April 2014
Lap 8/14/14
Egg retrieval 8/2/15.
BFP!! 8/15/15
8/18/15 Beta 563!
8/20/15 Beta 1022!
It's a GIRL!
JLG80
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby valerie0187 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:56 pm

Second trimester already! Wow! That is awesome. Welcome to the honeymoon trimester. For me this was the easiest part of pregnancy. I had the most energy, hardly any symptoms, also this was when I found out my babies gender and felt her first her for the first time. I'm hoping you also enjoy this trimester.
~*Valerie B.*~
- BFN on October 4, 2014
- BFP on April 11, 2015