Lesbian couple......IUI #4

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Lesbian couple......IUI #4

Postby Speedofpain » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:15 am

K&S: I don't think it hurts as much as it is just so uncomfortable. You have to leave the speculum in the whole test so it's just comfortable to lay on your right side with something in your vagina lol. I think I was mostly scared becaus they wouldn't allow my wife to come back with me. So I was there naked and cold and nervous. But the actually procedure I felt slight like period cramps when they released the liquid but I didn't have blocked tubes so it didn't really hurt you can just feel it run out a little and that was awkward for me but I'm sure they have seen worse lol. After words my tummy just felt a little crampy and I went back to work so I was fine. I also heard traumatic experiences but I don't know if that was because their tubes were blocked or not. I think there is more anxiety about going to get it done then actually having it done. They say it takes 30 mins but I don't even think it took 15 everything was in place. I'm still hoping this is your month though but I would t worry if you have to do the HSG ;)
Me: Kat 25
Wife: Paula 28
I have PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes (probably from PCOS) not currently taking medicine for it managing it through diet and exercise.
TTC since 07/2013 didn't get a chance to attempt IUI decided to get married first and went to a Different RE 09/2014
First IUI December 12, 2014 took Lupron, Gonal-f, menopur and 10,000 HCG trigger shot- BFN :bfn:
IUI #2 April 14, 2015 took Lupron, Gonal-F 400 units, menopur, and 10,000 HCG trigger shot. Did everything possible, pineapple core, acupuncture, fertility charms, you name it I tried it.- :bfp: 24dpi, CP @ 2weeks ended May 10, 2015 :angel:
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alaska23 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:24 am

K&K- How exciting! I cannot wait to hear what your number are.
K&S- I'm sorry this cycle isn't looking good. Stay positive until AF actually shows. As for the HSG, my GF had some cramping for a couple of days but she said it wasn't too bad.
Babee2015- Good luck with the appointment.
Hope everyone else is doing well.

AFM, I have had a really crappy week. One of my friends and her partner are going through a tough time. She went to the hospital with severe preeclampsia and had an emergency c-section at 25 weeks. Their little girl is in the NICU and fighting. She came into the world so early and only weighs 1 pound. It amazes me how strong and positive my friends are. They are just in love with their little girl.
My GF tested on Monday which was 13dpiui #1 and it was bfn. She said if AF isn't here by Saturday then she would test again. AF was due for her yesterday but when she takes the progesterone she is usually a couple days late.
Me (30) DP (39)
TTC since July 2013 with Donor Sperm
DP IUI attempts.
IUI#1 July 2013 = BFN
IUI#2 Aug 2013 = BFN
IUI#3 Sep 2013 = BFN
IUI#3 April 2014 = BFN
IUI#4 May 2014 = BFN
IUI#5 June 2014 = BFN
IUI#7 July 2014 = BFN (First medicated cycle)
Sep 2014 surgery to remove polyp
Dec 2014 doc had to do the surgery again as they did not get all of the polyp the first time
IUI#8 Feb 9th 2015 = BFN
IUI#9&10 Mar 10th/11th 2015 = BFN
Alaska23
Friend

Postby Katrina_Kel » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:15 pm

Hi everyone, a quick update from me. BFP with hcg of 128 @ 13dpo. Blood test again in a week to check all is well, then book in for a 7wk scan with FS after that. Very excited but keeping it low key!

Alaska23: sorry to hear about your friends, 25wks is just so small and vulnerable. Hoping and praying that their little girl pulls through.
K&S: still hoping there is a bfp for you this month or next. Good luck with the HSG, hope it is quick and painless as possible.
Babee2015: good luck with your procedure under general tomorrow - hope the results are all clear.

I will keep stalking everyone, can't wait to see some bfps in April.

Kx
Me = 35, DP 37. DI = super friend, no problems.
TTC: since Mar '12, AI at home. BFN :(
Apr'13: ICSI #1 14 fert, 1xday 5 blasto transferred, 6 frosties.
May'13: BFP :D ... MC at 11wks :(
Sep'13: FET, 1x Day5 Blasto BFP :D
DS born: Jun '14
Trying for bub #2
Feb'15: IUI #1 - BFN :(
Mar'15: IUI #2 - BFP :D hcg @ 13dp 128
Acupuncture

Katrina_Kel
Friend

Postby Babee2015 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:52 am

K&K so happy for you guys :D :D

Kelly and Shannon I really hope AF stays away. My partner had the HSG test, the dr also said it was horrible but as speedofpain said it was just a bit uncomfortable, maybe it's good to expect the worst then it's not so bad! :D ours was also all clear though maybe it's different if there is a blockage, I was also able to stay through the whole thing which was good.

Alaska sorry to hear about the BFN :cry: and about your friends baby, she sounds very tiny :cry: I can't even imagine how stressful that would be, hope she is one of the many premmie miracles! There is a fb page called miracle babies foundation they have amazing stories and support for parents friends and families of prem and sick babies you can learn a lot from them, when they are ready they might want to have a look, hope everything works out for them :hugs:

Everything went ok today didn't get any results though which is pretty annoying! But she is recovering really well which gives me some hope that if we get to egg retrieval it won't be too traumatic! Looks like some of us will be trying April I will let you know when we have results!
********************************************************************************************************************

Nov 2014 #1 IUI - 50 mg Clomid 5-9, donor sperm, pregnyl x 2 1500 - BFN

Jan 2015 #2 IUI - 100mg Clomid 5-9, Ovidrel trigger, donor sperm, pregnyl x 2 1500, BFN

Feb 2015 #3 IUI - 100mg Clomid 5-9, pregnyl x 2, BFN
Babee2015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby geekstomoms » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:13 am

Dropping in to check on everyone!

K&S I'm sorry you had another BFN and hopefully you had some late implantation and AF stays away! :) I managed to avoid the HSG test, but it was next on our list.

Alaska - Hopefully you are in the same boat!

Babee - I hope all reports are good from the procedure come out as expected.

Katrina - Congrats on the BFP!

AFM - We had our first OB appointment yesterday, it's the first dr visit in the last year that I didn't have to get undressed at all! Haha.
We got to see the tiny human in another ultrasound, it's crazy how fast it's growing. We were pretty stressed out about seeing a completely new Dr, but she was wonderful, so that helps! We don't have to go back for 5 weeks which we will hopefully be able to tell the sex by then!

I'm hoping for everyone our of this group to get some BFP's soon!! :)
Nov 2014 IUI #1 - 50mg Clomid, Novarel Trigger, Donor Sperm - 3 Follicles - BFN
Dec 2014 IUI #2 - 50mg Clomid, Novarel Trigger, .5mg Estrace, Progesterone Supp, Donor Sperm - 3 Follicles - BFN
Jan 2015 IUI #3 - 2.5mg Femara, Novarel Trigger, Donor Sperm - 1 Follicle - BFP!!
Beta #1 - 112
Beta #2 - 282
geekstomoms

Postby Kelly&Shannon » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:55 am

Alaska23--I'm praying so hard for your friend's baby! Like Babee said there are so many miracle preemies. The NICU doctors and nurses are amazing and I hope that your friend's baby will be one of the many miracles!! A good friend of mine had a premature son last year, weighing 2.4 lbs, and after much time in NICU he was able to go home and he's now a happy & healthy boy :). Fingers crossed for your bfp too!!
Speedofpain--Thanks for the info! What a bummer they didn't let your wife come back! That definitely would've made me want to cry. I think all dr offices need to amend their rules to suit lesbians.......we do everything together!! Ha :).
Babee2015--I definitely agree that when you go in expecting the worst that the reality actually isn't too bad :). I'm so glad to hear they let you be present for it. As weird as it sounds, part of me wants them to find a blockage so at least then there would be a reason why I haven't been able to get pregnant yet. Then I could get the blockage removed, have our baby, and live happily ever after :). One of the most frustrating things so far is not knowing why. I know I just have to be patient :). I'm glad your appt went well! Sorry you didn't get any results yet. And the wait continues. I feel like no matter what step each of us are at, we're all waiting for something. Either the tww or waiting for AF to start or waiting for her to end so we can try again or waiting for doctor results or appts and baby progress. Not a fun thing for someone impatient like me! Ha :). No choice but to give in and roll with it :).I'm looking forward to your update!! And oh btw I gave in to my impatience this morning and poas.....still BFN. Ok AF, just hurry the hell up ;).
K&K--I'm so happy for the solid bfp and that your #'s are great!! :). Can't wait to follow your progress!!
Geekstomoms--Reading your updates totally gives me the goosebumps!! Only 5 more weeks and you'll know if it's a boy or a girl! That's crazy :). Sonogram pics just blow my mind. Amazing beyond words. Congratulations again! Can't wait to hear more :).
Last edited by Kelly&Shannon on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelly 37, Shannon 39
TTC since June 2014 with Frozen Donor Sperm
June 2014 IUI #1 - Natural Cycle - BFN
July 2014 IUI #2 - Natural Cycle - BFN
August 2014 IUI #3 (back to back) - Natural Cycle - BFN
February 2015 IUI #4 - Natural Cycle - BFN
Kelly&Shannon

Postby Babee2015 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:09 pm

K&S sorry that you are still seeing BFN :cry:

Geekstomoms! Great to hear that everything is going well!!! Can wait to know if your having a boy or girl, good luck with your next scan :D

How is everyone else going?
********************************************************************************************************************

Nov 2014 #1 IUI - 50 mg Clomid 5-9, donor sperm, pregnyl x 2 1500 - BFN

Jan 2015 #2 IUI - 100mg Clomid 5-9, Ovidrel trigger, donor sperm, pregnyl x 2 1500, BFN

Feb 2015 #3 IUI - 100mg Clomid 5-9, pregnyl x 2, BFN
Babee2015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Alaska23 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:14 am

We are on to the next cycle. CD1 was Friday so probably looking at a IUI around the 9th. We picked a new donor so we are hoping this will be the difference we need. Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Baby Dust to all.
Me (30) DP (39)
TTC since July 2013 with Donor Sperm
DP IUI attempts.
IUI#1 July 2013 = BFN
IUI#2 Aug 2013 = BFN
IUI#3 Sep 2013 = BFN
IUI#3 April 2014 = BFN
IUI#4 May 2014 = BFN
IUI#5 June 2014 = BFN
IUI#7 July 2014 = BFN (First medicated cycle)
Sep 2014 surgery to remove polyp
Dec 2014 doc had to do the surgery again as they did not get all of the polyp the first time
IUI#8 Feb 9th 2015 = BFN
IUI#9&10 Mar 10th/11th 2015 = BFN
Alaska23
Friend

Postby Ethomas83 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:47 am

Looking like bfn #3 for me :( AF hasn't started yet and I haven't tested but I KNOW is coming. Ugh. 2 more days to go and back to cd1. So so hard to stay positive!!

Excited for everyone who has had bfp's!!!
Ethomas83

Postby Speedofpain » Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:46 am

K&K congrats on the BFP!!!

K&S so sorry to hear the BFN...hoping AF shows for you soon!

Afm AF still hasn't showed so I have to just continue my lupron 5 units in the Am and no stimulation medication yet until it shows so now my April 12 insemination is pushed back until AF shows...so bummed really wanted to start gonal F tonight as planned...hating my body right now but trying not to stress and hoping AF shows asap!!!!
I have PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes (probably from PCOS) not currently taking medicine for it managing it through diet and exercise.
TTC since 07/2013 didn't get a chance to attempt IUI decided to get married first and went to a Different RE 09/2014
First IUI December 12, 2014 took Lupron, Gonal-f, menopur and 10,000 HCG trigger shot- BFN :bfn:
IUI #2 April 14, 2015 took Lupron, Gonal-F 400 units, menopur, and 10,000 HCG trigger shot. Did everything possible, pineapple core, acupuncture, fertility charms, you name it I tried it.- :bfp: 24dpi, CP @ 2weeks ended May 10, 2015 :angel:
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MissRavenwolf » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:48 am

Hey Ladies just checking in well we are deff out for march but now onto April with my next cycle coming up soon. I'm still down about the last failed iui but am looking forward to doing it again. We decided if it didn't work this round we will be asking a mutual friend if he is willing to help us out
MissRavenwolf

Postby MissRavenwolf » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:52 pm

Oh and CONGRATULATIONS to the ladies with the bfp's and those of us who have not good into hope it will be our turns someday!!!
MissRavenwolf

Postby Speedofpain » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Quick update AF showed so I start Gonal F tonight yay!!! So even though I was 5 days late in only pushed my appt back a day wohoo!!! So excited to get this cycle started!

MissRavenwolf sorry your still down I'm still down from mine in December it hit hard but I am excited to try again. Lots of baby dust to you!
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Katrina_Kel » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Hey there,

Wanted to check in and see how you were all going? I haven't been in here for a while. Wonder if some people are in the middle of 2ww for April?

I had my 7 week scan yesterday and it went really well. Bubs is measuring nicely at 7weeks 3 days which was bang on. Beautiful heartbeat which is always a relief.

Wishing you all the very best of luck this round and hope there are many BFPs going around.

Kx
Me = 35, DP 37. DI = super friend, no problems.
TTC: since Mar '12, AI at home. BFN :(
Apr'13: ICSI #1 14 fert, 1xday 5 blasto transferred, 6 frosties.
May'13: BFP :D ... MC at 11wks :(
Sep'13: FET, 1x Day5 Blasto BFP :D
DS born: Jun '14
Trying for bub #2
Feb'15: IUI #1 - BFN :(
Mar'15: IUI #2 - BFP :D hcg @ 13dp 128
Acupuncture

Katrina_Kel
Friend

Postby Speedofpain » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:30 pm

K&k so glad to hear! Eek so exciting! Sending you lots of love for your precious one! I am currently in my tww for April tomorrow will be day 7 yay only one more week to go!!!
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI