Lesbian couple......IUI #4

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Lesbian couple......IUI #4

Postby geekstomoms » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:38 am

I thought I would also check in on everyone!

SpeedofPain - Glad to see the dreaded wait is half over!! Hoping you get a BFP!

Katrina_Kel - Hearing the heartbeat for the first time was a HUGE relief, glad everything is going well so far!

AFM - I am 14 weeks today! We go next week to hopefully see what we are having, the suspense is killing us, we need to start planning! :)
Nov 2014 IUI #1 - 50mg Clomid, Novarel Trigger, Donor Sperm - 3 Follicles - BFN
Dec 2014 IUI #2 - 50mg Clomid, Novarel Trigger, .5mg Estrace, Progesterone Supp, Donor Sperm - 3 Follicles - BFN
Jan 2015 IUI #3 - 2.5mg Femara, Novarel Trigger, Donor Sperm - 1 Follicle - BFP!!
Beta #1 - 112
Beta #2 - 282
geekstomoms

Postby Babee2015 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:26 pm

How exciting geekstomoms!!

Kelly and Shannon are you ladies ok? Its been a while since you were on here, I understanding needing a break, just hope you are ok.....

We have decided not to go ahead with IVF. We had agreed at the beginning 3 tries of IUI and with nothing obvious getting in the way I guess it just wasn't meant to be. It was a hard decision, we continued on the rollercoaster and had the other tests but re grouped and decided that the emotional, physical and financial investment was too great with little guarantees of a positive outcome. I have been still jumping on occasionally to see how you are all doing.

Wishing you all the best of luck x
********************************************************************************************************************

Nov 2014 #1 IUI - 50 mg Clomid 5-9, donor sperm, pregnyl x 2 1500 - BFN

Jan 2015 #2 IUI - 100mg Clomid 5-9, Ovidrel trigger, donor sperm, pregnyl x 2 1500, BFN

Feb 2015 #3 IUI - 100mg Clomid 5-9, pregnyl x 2, BFN
Babee2015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby mkbdvm » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi everyone, checking in! I've been lurking but it's been so dead here. I'm mostly on diaperswappers. :)

Babee, sorry about the end of your journey. That's such a hard decision. Hope you and your DW find peace!

Geeksmoms-congrats on your pregnancy. Did you find out the gender?

Katrina_kel-how are you ladies?

Did anyone else that is pregnant order a Doppler? I bought a cheap one off ebay and love it. I'm so paranoid about a loss because of my age...we did the NIPT (The non invasive blood test) which let us know the gender and that our baby has a less than 1 in 10,000 risk of downs, trisomy 13 and 19 and no sex chromosome disorders. Love that there is non-invasive testing for grannies like me!
mkbdvm

Postby Katrina_Kel » Tue May 05, 2015 5:08 pm

Babee; sorry to hear your news. That must have taken a lot of soul searching for you both. All of the very best with wherever your lives take you next.

Mkbdvm; great to hear everything is going well. We were offered the Harmony test which sounds similar, but the cost is $800 - $1,200 so I will use it as a back up to the regular tests, if required. I hope your results went ok. Do you know the gender??!!! Are you going to reveal? Doppler:- sounds like a great idea, I might look into that one.

All the best to anyone who is cycling.

Kx
Me = 35, DP 37. DI = super friend, no problems.
TTC: since Mar '12, AI at home. BFN :(
Apr'13: ICSI #1 14 fert, 1xday 5 blasto transferred, 6 frosties.
May'13: BFP :D ... MC at 11wks :(
Sep'13: FET, 1x Day5 Blasto BFP :D
DS born: Jun '14
Trying for bub #2
Feb'15: IUI #1 - BFN :(
Mar'15: IUI #2 - BFP :D hcg @ 13dp 128
Acupuncture

Katrina_Kel
Friend

Postby geekstomoms » Wed May 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Babee - I agree with Katrina, that is an incredibly tough decision, I wish you all the best.

Mkbdvm/Katrina - We did found out the gender, just the past weekend actually. We found out on our scan last Thursday and gave the envelope to one of our friends. So we were just as suprised as everyone else when we had blue balloons. It's a boy! We are over the moon excited. We also did the blood test for some chromosome abnormalities. We just did our second half of blood work last week. I don't think ours was as in depth enough to tell us the sex and all that, because like Katrina said, it's about $900 for it, so if something comes back abnormal we would probably go that route. When are each of you due?
Dec 2014 IUI #2 - 50mg Clomid, Novarel Trigger, .5mg Estrace, Progesterone Supp, Donor Sperm - 3 Follicles - BFN
Jan 2015 IUI #3 - 2.5mg Femara, Novarel Trigger, Donor Sperm - 1 Follicle - BFP!!
Beta #1 - 112
Beta #2 - 282
geekstomoms

Postby mkbdvm » Thu May 07, 2015 3:23 pm

Since I am 40, the test was free. We are having a boy! So exciting since I have two older girls already! My DW wasted a son so badly that she cried!

I am due around november 12, just turned 13 weeks today! How about you ladies?
mkbdvm

Postby ChazD » Sat May 09, 2015 9:06 am

Hi ladies, not been around in a while but thought I would check in. I am 13 weeks today and all looks good, got to wait until 20 week scan for gender. Thankfully all the nausea has gone and I'm feeling myself again :) So happy to see those that had BFPs around the same time as me are still in the game, I've read about many loses on other forums so happy to read the good news on here. Take care all x
ChazD
Friend

Postby Katrina_Kel » Sun May 10, 2015 5:22 pm

Wow, congrats Mkbdvm and Geekstomoms on your boys! You're in for lots of cuddles and cheekiness! Wasn't sure about how to raise a little boy when DW found out last pregnancy, but it has proved to be a very joyful experience.

I am now 10weeks 3days and the 12 week scan cannot come quickly enough! ChazD - we've also had a high number of losses in another DIG forum I am in. Trying to stay positive and not over-think it all. EDD is early December.

Thanks everyone for the update and glad you're doing well. Fingers crossed for any of the ladies TTC this month or next.

Kx
Trying for bub #2
Acupuncture

Katrina_Kel
Friend

Postby KT5618 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:47 am

Hey all! Im late tonthe party, but i just wanted to say hi after reading all the comments here.

We're a lesbian couple too. My wife and i have been together 10.5 years and legally married 7.5 (we're in canada ;) ) we have one daughter who is 2.5 and are currently on our fifth and final attempt of iui. Im 9dpo and cant wait to poas tomorrow! Hahaha im the carrier- my wife has zero interest in carrying. Ive done all the drugs i think lol. And this is my first cycle on injectables.

Love reading about so many ss couples trying to conceive!
-Kay
Me: 27
DW: 29
Trying: Sperm Bank at home inssemination with frozen sperm.

June-Oct - Cycle Monitoring
Nov: Folic Acid, Clomid 50mg - BFN
Dec: Folic Acid, Clomid 50mg, Ultrasound cycle monitoring, HCG Trigger shot (Ovidrel- 250 mcg)-BFN
Jan: Financial and hormonal Break
Feb: Sonohystogram - all clear!
Folic Acid, Clomid 100mg, ultrasound cycle monitoring, HCG trigger shot (Ovidrel- 250 mcg)-BFP!!

My TTC Blog: http://lesbianandbaby.blogspot.com/

KT5618
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby geekstomoms » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:18 pm

Welcome to the group Kt! We have fallen pretty quiet on here, I come back every once in a while to check on everyone. Good luck tomorrow, I hope it's a positive outcome!

I am currently 24 weeks, the summer is brutal here in the south and I feel huge, haha, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

How is everyone else doing??
Beta #1 - 112
Beta #2 - 282
geekstomoms

Postby Moira » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:02 am

Hi everyone,
We are TTC for the first time, we are in mid 30s and I am the one who will carry. We live in Poland and we are Polish- Thai couple. The donor is half ASian and half scandinavian. We are super excited to TTC in August!
Moira

Postby Ethomas83 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:12 am

It's been a while but I figured I could use positive vibes my way! We just had our 5th IUI this morning, will do another tomorrow morning. First cycle on injectables (gonal f and ovidrel trigger). Had 6 follies over 18mm, 3 of those over 20 going into the IUI this morning-triggered at 4pm yesterday. Now the LONG TWW...send baby dust our way!!
Ethomas83

Postby ChazD » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:53 pm

Sending you lots of :babydustb:

Fingers crossed all goes well. Just spend the next two weeks chilling in the sun. I hope this one works for you :) x
ChazD
Friend

Postby Katrina_Kel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:26 pm

Oh wow, nice to see some action in here, I haven't checked in ages!

KT5618 - welcome and good luck on your journey. Says you were trying your 5th and last IUI attempt - I sincerely hope it was successful for you.

Geekstomoms - you must be 27 or 28 weeks by now - wow, feels like it is flying by! Congrats on making it to the 3rd trimester.

Moira - very best of luck in August on your first try, such an exciting time. I hope the journey is very quick for you both! And what an eclectic mix - Polish, Thai, Scandanavian, fabulous. Let us know how you go?

Ethomas83 - how are you - 10 days into the 2ww??? So tough, hope you've been able to keep busy and occupied. All the best.

AFM - I'm 21 weeks now and had the 20 week morph scan last week. Was really nervous beforehand, but all was well. Bubs is getting on just fine. Didn't find out the gender, which is killing my partner! Oh well, only 19 weeks to wait and see.
Trying for bub #2
Acupuncture

Katrina_Kel
Friend

Postby Ethomas83 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:11 am

BFP!!!!!!! Beta test today...hoping for a sticky bean!!!!!
Ethomas83

PreviousNext

Return to IUI