April IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: April IUI

Postby Speedofpain » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:32 pm

Charlotte: Totally made myself want to watch little mermaid too! Haha. "Babybook" omg sooo true. I should hide the post maybe I wouldn't break out in anger...I mean song lol. I'm glad I am not the only one who seems to appreciate the BFP's on here a little more. I was thinking I was evil on the inside haha. Not that I am not happy for them but I know how hard some of these ladies have tried, struggled, and lost. So I am like over excited for their BFP's :) Some of my friends my age and younger are on two's and three's..I want to say Jesus stop being selfish let me get one in before you get many haha. It was really hard during my first IUI in December...I got a BFN as my roommate with three girls who is tied and bf fixed lol found out she was 14 weeks pregnant. I was having a breakdown. LIKE seriously she doesn't even want another one where the hell is mine!!!!! Needless to say she no longer lives with my wife and I lol. But I was thinking come on seriously one in a billion chance has to happen under my roof :rofl: It was not a great time...Like today...two expecting post in 4 days, emails from Enfamil saying to get prepared for baby's home coming ( Idk what I did to get on that list but my due date would have been September 23rd with first IUI so I'm guessing I filled something out..couldn't press the unsubscribe button fast enough lol) My besties sons first birthday pictures, everyones back to school kids...like can I catch a little break!!! I just want to indulge today have a like a whole bottle of wine, some pizza, and key lime pie...but of course I will stick to my kale salad and sweet potatoes...*sigh* ...the struggle is real my friend! :rofl:
Me: Kat 25
Wife: Paula 28
I have PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes (probably from PCOS) not currently taking medicine for it managing it through diet and exercise.
TTC since 07/2013 didn't get a chance to attempt IUI decided to get married first and went to a Different RE 09/2014
First IUI December 12, 2014 took Lupron, Gonal-f, menopur and 10,000 HCG trigger shot- BFN :bfn:
IUI #2 April 14, 2015 took Lupron, Gonal-F 400 units, menopur, and 10,000 HCG trigger shot. Did everything possible, pineapple core, acupuncture, fertility charms, you name it I tried it.- :bfp: 24dpi, CP @ 2weeks ended May 10, 2015 :angel:
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:21 am

Hi Ladies,

@Speed Sorry I’ve been mia but reading your story just gives me a little window of what ur life is like and I thank you sooo much for sharing it. I can totally understand that it’s just not something ur wife wants to do but the fact that she sees ur struggle and would secretly do it so you guys could have ur precious baby is awesome. Makes me happy that you have that great support system. I totally love ur anger towards FB and all the damn pregnancy announcement lol. It’s soooo freaking annoying, never thougt I’d be in this situation and noone gets it but us! The story about ur roommate accidently getting pregnant makes me sooooo mad, uggggg. I would’ve kicked her a** out too lol.

@Charlotte you’re soooooo right! I could give two craps when someone announces a pregnancy on fb but when I see it on here, it makes my heart so happy. We all want that bfp and we’ve all sacrificed so much so the moment we get to hold our lil sweet babies in our arms,that will be the best moment ever. This might sound kinda dumb but I totally think because we’ve waited so long and have gone through so much we will have a love for our children that absolutely noone can understand. I know other moms love their kids too but ours will be so magical cause we’ve wanted them soooooo badly!

@sammich glad to hear from you. Wow, cant believe ur wife is 12 weeks already. Time just flies by, keep us posted.

AFM, I’m on day 11 of stims and I’m bloated and I’m getting sooo sick of sticking myself with a damn needle, ugggg! I know it’ll all be worth it but I’m so over it lol. I have DOR (diminished ovarian reserve) so I knew form the get go that I wasn’t gonna have a big response but I sure did hope for it. Well, as of Sunday I had 5 follicles 3 on the left and two on the right all between 11-15 and a fewer smaller ones. I’m hoping it’s quality over quantity for me. My RE hasn’t changed my meds so, I’m guessing he likes my progress, even though it sounds like such a low number of follicles, I guess I should be happy that I atleast have 5. I’ll get my results later today for my Ultrasound and Bloodowork, hoping more follicles pop up and that I’ll be ready soon.
TTC 17 months
Me - 33 (low ovarian reserve)
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
MC - 06/09 :(
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
12/01 6.5wk ultrasound - saw heartbeat flickering & growing on point
12/11 2nd ultrasound 8wks 1day? Heartbeat 158
01/05 1st trimester screening - Harmony Test (12wks 1 day) Perfect ultrasound, heartbeat 171.
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Speedofpain » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:48 am

Faith: Yay I am so excited I think 5 is fantastic for low reserve! I hope they have matured a little more for best results but all in all I think you'll be just fine! I can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes today! Sending all my positive vibes your way!

AFM: I had my follow up with the perinatologist and even though I lost weight and my sugars weren't necessarily high they want me to start insulin. So not happy but its better for the baby and blah blah blah which I get it...I really do. I want my baby heathy as can be...but I just didn't want to go down this route right now. If I have to wait for the baby cant the insulin wait for the baby too??? No? Well alrighty then! I just am worried...about it. I got so sick from the medicine before and now I finally have some medicine that doesn't make me sick and they want to go and mess it up. Ugh!!! I mean to lose weight and get my sugars 20 points or so down in less than three weeks...shouldn't let me a great start...at least give me the A for effort!!! No here's some needles start poking yourself again! Thanks universe!
I have PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes (probably from PCOS) not currently taking medicine for it managing it through diet and exercise.
TTC since 07/2013 didn't get a chance to attempt IUI decided to get married first and went to a Different RE 09/2014
First IUI December 12, 2014 took Lupron, Gonal-f, menopur and 10,000 HCG trigger shot- BFN :bfn:
IUI #2 April 14, 2015 took Lupron, Gonal-F 400 units, menopur, and 10,000 HCG trigger shot. Did everything possible, pineapple core, acupuncture, fertility charms, you name it I tried it.- :bfp: 24dpi, CP @ 2weeks ended May 10, 2015 :angel:
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Charlotte418 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:12 pm

@Faith- That's sounds like you are doing just great! I had like 9 good sized follies, but they pulled extra eggs from some of the smaller follicles. When they do your retrieval they will check them all for eggs, even the smaller ones. I read about a lot of people on here having like crazy numbers of follicles like 40s and higher (those who had OHSS or PCOS) and even with tons of eggs, a lot of those people only have a few that are great quality to carry on and grow. So you are right when you say quality over quantity. I think the RE shoots for a certain number and they do not like to overdo it. Also, I have ethical issues with freezing too many embryos. I was scared that there would be so many, and then you decide to freeze, dispose, or donate the frozen blasts... So weird, right? We have 3 frozen and it gives me the weirdest feeling. I can't imagine (though people are lucky) I can't imagine having like 12 frozen. I think people are so lucky if they get their whole family from one IVF cycle, but I wouldn't feel right about not trying them all (the remaining frozens) and giving them a chance at life. It's all so complex. I hope you feel better and get to have your retrieval soon. Keep us updated!

@Speedofpain- I feel so bad... I'm so sorry about the insulin. Great job losing weight though, girl! I hope that things are different this time around and you don't get sick :( Hope you are doing OK. I totally know what you mean about people with multiple kids. I am truly happy for everyone deep down (even fertile people) but if I'm honest with my feelings I am still kind of pissed off when I see "normal people" get pregnant. I can't turn off that ugly angry feeling, EVEN NOW lol. I should be happy, but its like so fresh in my mind how hard it is and I don't think I'll ever forget. I can't wait to not do any meds or injections. My butt hurts so bad! Even then, I bet I'll still get angry at people that drop that "bomb" of good news and stick it in everyone's face
1/1/15: IUI #1 Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
1/29/15 IUI #2 Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
2/26/15 IUI #3 Letrozole, Ovidrel: BFN
3/26/15 IUI #4 Letrozole, Ovidrel: BFN
4/10/15: Started taking BCP
4/21/15: IVF prep, ordered meds
4/28/15: Box of Meds arrived
4/30/15: Baseline BW u/s
5/1/15: Start stims
5/12/15: Triggered w/ Novarel only
5/14/15: Egg Retrieval, 12 eggs, 11 fertilized
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
5/29/15 Bloodtest BFN, frozen transfer in July
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/14/15 Lining and bw good :)
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
Home test=Pos 7dp5dt or 12dpo
7/31/15 Beta 136 BFP!!! :)
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
8/18/15 6.5wk scan, saw baby and heartbeat HR 126 :)
8/31/15 8.3wk scan, everything looks good :)
9/29/15 12.4wk scan, HR 155, surreal- still don't believe it
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:50 am

Hi ladies,

My ER is scheduled for tomorrow, wooohooo. I had to take my last dosage of follistim and Menopur last night, then an hour later I took my trigger shot. I’m so excited to get this going, Nurse told me I now have 6 follicles ranging from 12-20 so, I’m hoping they grow a lil more by the time Thursday morning comes along. I’m sooo happy to take a break from shooting myself up with meds lol don’t get me wrong, I’m all for being positive and hoping this works on the 1st try but I know what the odds are so, I try to be realistic about this outcome. I’d be over the moon happy if it works but if not, we’ll just keep trying, it’s what we’ve done for the past 15 months.

@charlotte I totally understand where ur coming from. It’s crazy to think ur not giving all those frosties a chance to be on this earth. In my case I would love to have a few of them because I’ll be turning 34 in November and the longer I wait, the harder it will be for me. If I only got 6 now, who knows what that number will look like in a few years when we try for #2 but I can’t go there right now, I need to be in the NOW! Btw, how many did you transfer? Was it a day 3 or day 5 embryo?

@speed that’s awesome that you’ve lost weight in such a short period of time, goes to show how serious u are about getting ur body on track, pat on the back for you, good job! Don’t let the insulin get you down, you’re doing everything in ur power to be a mommy, remember that, you’ve done it all and now everything else just needs to fall into place.” Man plans, god laughs”
TTC 17 months
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
01/05 1st trimester screening - Harmony Test (12wks 1 day) Perfect ultrasound, heartbeat 171.
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Speedofpain » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:13 am

Charlotte: Yay! Are you almost done with the prog shots then I'm assuming? Yay for not sticking yourself anymore! I honestly don't think we will ever get over the anger of someone easily getting pregnant. No matter where we are at in life...I think the struggle with always remain with us. Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss its not much but as long as it keeps going down I'm good with the small progress. The insulin does suck but the needles are so paper thin...its a piece of cake compared to fertility injection haha. So after I'm over being angry about it I am sure I will be fine. I'm not worried about actually taking the insulin I am scared about low blood sugar happened to me a few times just on metformin and its absolutely horrible takes you forever to feel normal again. But it all comes with the territory...what's a little more sacrifice?

Faith: YAY!!! ER DAY TOMORROW!!! Woohoo I feel like time is flying by now, it seemed like it took forever for you to start the stims and here you are! *Happy Dance* :jump2: I can't wait to hear all about it! Follies sound great it only takes one so my fingers, toes, arms, legs, are all extra super crossed for your ER tomorrow! Thanks for the encouragement I'm trying to remind myself today especially, its worth it, you're doing great! Cause today I want to say F*** it all. I'm so over the process...but as I learned yesterday my A1C was down from 6.8 to 6.3 in a little over a month so with everything I should have it under 6 in no time. So maybe I can try in OCT still or early Nov! That's a positive for sure. Anyways I can't express enough how excited I am for tomorrow you'd think I was doing the ER haha! WOHOOOOOO!!! Best of luck!!!!! Don't forget to give us the update! :happyforyou: :o: :fingers crossed: :goodluck1: :goodluck2: :fingersx:
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Charlotte418 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:10 am

@Faith- Girl, I will be thinking of you today!!!!!!!! Congrats on finishing the stims, that rocks! I think that you have a great attitude. you are going to be just fine! Don't worry about how many you'll have in the future...every cycle is sooo different. They were women in my support group 40, 41 years old and 38 years old that had just fine cycles - some with low ovarian reserve too, so don't even worry about that for a second! You said it - Don't go there right now! One thing at a time, lady! :) Um, I transferred one 5-day the first fresh cycle. BFN. Then, I transferred two 5-day frosties the second time around. One baby (so thankful every second of everyday) They are supposed to encourage single-embryo transfer since I was 29 at the time of transfer, and I did try it, but it is common to "dial it up a notch" for the frozen cycles... They admitted to me that when they were "really pushing" people to do SET, they were telling more people that they were not pregnant. The frozen cycle is tailored, so its like 6 weeks long starting with birth control, overlapping that with Lupron injections, then starting the Prog in Oil shots and estrogen pills a week prior to transfer, then continuing that... They recognize that it is a lot to go through, so they understand and respect if people decide to put back two. But this is your first IVF, so you of course do what is comfortable for you. It's your body. I am thinking of you! :)
:goodluck2:
@Speedofpain- thank you for cheering me on about finishing the prog shots soon! I love you for that!!! Sept 25 will be the last night that I stick myself in the butt. I am sooo ready to be done with them. My butt hurts so much. I also have been in a couple of situations where I am out somewhere away from home at my "9pm" shot time and I have to be sneaky and bring the shot with me... No one knows about what I am going thru and I am keeping it that way! My friend's 30th surprise party, I snuck out to my car to shoot my butt in private! lol... My husband got us tickets to wrestling (we were there with other friends), I brought the syringe and vile in my purse and went to public bathroom to do it... I had so much anxiety that the security guard at the gate would see it in my purse and publicly remove it and question me!!! lol That did not happen. I think he saw the tube of lidocaine cream with it and probably thought it was vagisil or something ROFL :rofl:
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Charlotte418 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:40 am

Faith- hope you are doing ok/recovering ok. thinking of you
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:18 am

Hi Ladies,

Thanks so much for all the well wishes, it really means a lot. I had my ER on Thursday which went okay, I only ended up with 2 fertilized embryos, one was of good quality and the other was fair/average. We initially thought of just putting in one but since the other one was so poor the doc didn’t think it would last to freeze so we ended up putting two in, yikes. The retrieval itself wasn’t too bad, I mean I was super sore but that wasn’t the worst part. I ended up getting excessive acid reflux, like really really bad, I haven’t been able to eat or drink anything cause once it hits my stomach it feels like it’s burning the crap out of me, I’ve been miserable. I’m so mad cause right now I should be worrying about eating well and being relaxed so one of my embryos could stick and I’m here feeling like crap cause I can’t even swallow water, uggggg. Well, on another note I’m two days into my 10 day wait, my beta is scheduled for Wednesday the 23rd, fingers crossed…
TTC 17 months
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Speedofpain » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:10 am

Charlotte: :rofl: You crack me up! I know how you feel though since they put my on insulin I have to shoot myself up before my meal so I've been injecting myself in many public restrooms lol. I still cant believe how time flies! Yay to passing part one and heading into part two!!!

Faith: I am so so sorry to hear you feel like crap! That is such a bummer. I hope you feel better soon and can enjoy yourself for taking the next step. I will be rooting for another BFP!
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Charlotte418 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:12 pm

@faith - I am so sorry you weren't feeling well. I hope it gets much better soon... Don't worry about relaxing and stuff. I am never relaxed and I have terrible reflux too. I had really bad stomach problems after mine too. I wonder if something in particular triggers that type of thing. Anyway, I'm so excited for you that you ended up putting two back! yay! This two week wait will go by quickly since its not actually two weeks! One more week to go! :wink: I have my fingers and toes crossed for you. Hang in there and take care of yourself/ keep yourself busy

@speedofpain - lol bathroom stall injections... I always feel like I'm doing something wrong or illegal. rofl. I have never done drugs like that, ha ha so I feel like a junky hiding my syringe in the bathroom, then putting it back in my purse so I can dispose of it later.
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:10 am

You guys crack me up, I was so freaked out about shooting myself up in a bathroom that I tried planning any type of outing after 930pm lol. I totally could see myself be butter fingers and drop one of the syringes in the toilet lol.

@speed how have you been lately? How are the insulin injections going. When do you see ur RE again to get things going?

@charlotte how’s the baby doing? Any ultrasound pics we can swoon over. You’re still keeping it quite, right?

I hope you are both doing well. I’m sitting here, 4dp3dt and I feel nothing . Not like I can actually expect to feel anything but I thought maybe I would get implantation bleeding like I did the last time I got my bfp but nothing yet. I know its rare but when it happened the last time, I knew I was preggo’s right away. I actually don’t feel too stressed about it, it’s weird. I mean don’t get me wrong I’m totally sitting here like a weirdo talking to my belly telling my embies to “get comfortable and keep growing cause mommy is waiting for them” on a daily basis lol but I also know that it may not happen and that wont be the “end all be all” I have options and I’ll keep trying until I get my rainbow baby! I’m just gonna enjoy this time where I think I have a growing lil bundle of joy inside of me, until I’m told otherwise.
TTC 17 months
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Charlotte418 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:34 pm

@faith - glad you are doing well! hahaha... I had the same fear about dropping the syringe in the toilet. Yes, we are still keeping it quiet... I am 11 weeks today. One more week!!! We will tell my parents on Fri 9/25 and his mother on 9/29 (its my husband's bday on 9/29, so he wanted to tell her then!) I will have an ultrasound scan on that same day 9/29 ( which will be 12 weeks, 4 days). I will send that pic when I get it - the only other one I have is 8 weeks and the baby just looks like a gummy bear lol I had a regular OB appointment this past tuesday, and I didn't see baby (no u/s) but I heard the heartbeat for the first time with the doppler. It was so surreal, I still don't believe it. A friend from my group of hometown friends group texted us all that she is expecting and due in March, the month before me. She is more of an acquaintance (friend of my friends) I automatically get that panicked, sinking feeling even now. What the hell is that about?! I am truly happy for her, I hope that I can go back to my normal self one day but once you know how hard and how much time, effort, focus you put in, I don't think you'll ever not get pissed off initially when someone says, "I rolled over and suddenly got pregnant." :rofl: Anyway, I am totally psyched for next week :D :D :D
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:33 am

Hi ladies,

Unfortunately I got AF this weekend. I wasn’t due for my beta until this Wednesday so of course AF needed to come early and not just make me feel like crap cause it didn’t work but also ruin the beginning of my girls getaway. No one knows my fiancé and I are going through IVF, we’re super private and didn’t need the added stress. Well, now I’m happy we didn’t say a word to anyone cause obviously it didn’t work this cycle. I still have to go in for my beta which totally sucks! Back to the drawing board for me, ugggggg.
TTC 17 months
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Charlotte418 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:45 am

@faith- I am so very sorry, girl! Big hugs for you :hugs: Hang in there and try to enjoy that getaway - it sounds like it will be fun. Sending lots of love your way - remember to pamper yourself during this tough time, I know how frustrating it can be but you are strong and you will get through this! xoxo :hugs:
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI