April IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: April IUI

Postby Speedofpain » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:18 am

Hey ladies sorry I have been MIA lately. Idk if it was the insulin or what exactly it was but I got really bad dry mouth...like extremely bad dry mouth. It was so bad it gave me sever anxiety and I just quit everything. I couldn't do it. I am so pissed at the diabetic counselor its not even funny. I am going to be professional when I talk to her again but I when I asked her about the dry mouth she acted like it was nothing and that she never heard of it being caused by medicine and blah blah blah....and the first thing that popped up in google when you search dry mouth is diabetes and people taking multiple medications and so on. So I am thinking to myself like how the f**k are you supposed to help me and handle my health if you have no fucking clue. Idk. I just was blown away that she had no idea wtf I was talking about. So I am at work today trying to remain calm and remember this will pass and I feel start to feel semi normal real soon. So ladies looks like I won't be having a baby anytime soon. Great!!! Just what I needed. Anyways enough about my pitty party.

Faith: I am so very sorry this round failed. My heart is broken for you. I wish my words could heal you but I know that they can not. Even so, just know you are in my thoughts and I am still wishing the best for you. I hope you will be able to try again soon. Please keep me updated. I hope your heart is not as heavy and you can begin a new journey very soon! Much love girly!!! Stay strong!
Me: Kat 25
Wife: Paula 28
I have PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes (probably from PCOS) not currently taking medicine for it managing it through diet and exercise.
TTC since 07/2013 didn't get a chance to attempt IUI decided to get married first and went to a Different RE 09/2014
First IUI December 12, 2014 took Lupron, Gonal-f, menopur and 10,000 HCG trigger shot- BFN :bfn:
IUI #2 April 14, 2015 took Lupron, Gonal-F 400 units, menopur, and 10,000 HCG trigger shot. Did everything possible, pineapple core, acupuncture, fertility charms, you name it I tried it.- :bfp: 24dpi, CP @ 2weeks ended May 10, 2015 :angel:
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Charlotte418 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:13 am

@Speedofpain- I am so sorry about the drymouth and that dumba$$ nurse. Isn't there something they can do and switch things around to take a less aggressive approach? I know how tough it can be to be on meds that you don't like.

@Faith - Thinking of you and hope that you are doing OK <3
1/1/15: IUI #1 Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
1/29/15 IUI #2 Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
2/26/15 IUI #3 Letrozole, Ovidrel: BFN
3/26/15 IUI #4 Letrozole, Ovidrel: BFN
4/10/15: Started taking BCP
4/21/15: IVF prep, ordered meds
4/28/15: Box of Meds arrived
4/30/15: Baseline BW u/s
5/1/15: Start stims
5/12/15: Triggered w/ Novarel only
5/14/15: Egg Retrieval, 12 eggs, 11 fertilized
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
5/29/15 Bloodtest BFN, frozen transfer in July
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/14/15 Lining and bw good :)
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
Home test=Pos 7dp5dt or 12dpo
7/31/15 Beta 136 BFP!!! :)
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
8/18/15 6.5wk scan, saw baby and heartbeat HR 126 :)
8/31/15 8.3wk scan, everything looks good :)
9/29/15 12.4wk scan, HR 155, surreal- still don't believe it
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Speedofpain » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:20 am

Charlotte: Yeah I am trying to figure that out as we speak. I am going to go see my PCP on the 21st. So I am going to see what he has to say. I am just so over all the stress of this. Creating a beautiful life shouldn't be this hard. I am on the low low low end these days. I am just so over everything. I am not giving up but I don't think I can go much longer.
I have PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes (probably from PCOS) not currently taking medicine for it managing it through diet and exercise.
TTC since 07/2013 didn't get a chance to attempt IUI decided to get married first and went to a Different RE 09/2014
First IUI December 12, 2014 took Lupron, Gonal-f, menopur and 10,000 HCG trigger shot- BFN :bfn:
IUI #2 April 14, 2015 took Lupron, Gonal-F 400 units, menopur, and 10,000 HCG trigger shot. Did everything possible, pineapple core, acupuncture, fertility charms, you name it I tried it.- :bfp: 24dpi, CP @ 2weeks ended May 10, 2015 :angel:
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Sammich » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:56 am

@Faith-I am so very sorry. You are such a strong chick! I hope you are doing okay <3
@Charlotte-I am very happy that you have a healthy baby growing in there!
@Speed-Stay strong, I'm rooting for you!

AFM, our baby is at 17 weeks. Last week when he was the size of an avacado, or what we liked to call our guacababy, his HR was 156. We go for our next US on Saturday. Also, we don't know if it is actually a boy, we just refer to him as one because it feels right. We are keeping it a surprise.
Sammich

Postby Charlotte418 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:19 am

@Speedofpain- I'm so sad to hear that you are feeling down. Hang in there! I'm glad you will have a chance to follow up with the Dr about it. Remember that you are still young, so you have time. Hang in for as long as you can and if it all becomes too much, sometimes you just need a break.

@Sammich- It's so good to hear from you! So glad baby is doing well. Thank you so much. Same here... I am a few weeks behind you guys. We are the same and want to be surprised about the sex.

@Faith- I hope that you are taking good care of yourself! I am sure that you probably need a break from all this for while. Sammich is right you are strong and I know you will get thru this!
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Speedofpain » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:28 am

Sammich: Oh my can't believe your baby is 17 weeks already! So crazy how time is flying by. I am glad you want to be surprised can't wait to hear what your guacababy turns out to be. Goodluck you and your wife for a healthy rest of the her pregnancy and a fast and safe delivery!

Charlotte: I am so torn between taking a break and trying. I have days when I am like f**k it all...it will happen when it happens and then I have days where I am like why can't it be me, and then days like I want one NOW!!! hahaha. My wife and I have been talking hard about what I want to do and right now I have no clue honestly. I want a baby but I also don't want to risk mine or my babys health to get there. So I guess I am waiting to see what my doctor says on the 21st. FX I am still in the game. How's the baby doing now you're in your second trimester?

Faith: I am sure you need some time. Just wanted to let you know I am still thinking of you. *Hugs*
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:42 pm

Hi ladies,

I know it’s been awhile, I’ve been out of commission for awhile. I just came back from a week long vacation in South America, it was a dream trip of ours and we surely needed it. I was hoping that it would be to celebrate that our 1st ivf worked but it ended up being a nice break before we start ivf 2.0 lol. I’m doing much better, I’m just ready to get things going. I got AF last night so, I have my ultrasound tomorrow morning and I’ll be starting stimms right away. My RE decided to change my protocol due to my low response the last time, we have high hopes that this next one will be the ONE! Since I don’t respond like other women due to my low ovarian reserve, I’m hoping not using bc or lupron like the usual protocol for suppression before a cycle helps me and my eggs start growing quickly and strong. I’m thinking if my ultrasound goes good tomorrow, I’lll have a retrieval around Nov 1st. My bday is on Nov 9th so, maybe I’ll be blessed with the most amazing gift ever!!!!

@charlotte how are things going? How’s ur peanut doing? Did u find out yet if it’s a boy or girl? I’ve been out of the loop so I don’t remember if you mentioned it already. Thanks again, for all the well wishes, I really needed it.

@speed Trust me I know hard it can be to stay positive and how super easy it is to fall into a funk but the moment you let it drag you down it’s hard to get out of it. All of ur words I’ve said them before and probably say it to myself a few times a day, why is this happening to me? Why can’t I be normal? Why is this so hard? But I have to believe that it’s just not my “time” yet, when will that be?!?! I don’t know but I’m gonna do everything possible to make sure I get there. The weird thing is, when I was stimming mid-way through I hated it and wanted it to be over but this past month I’ve been dreaming about stimming lol. I just want to feel like I’m doing something. I cant wait to hear that you’re starting ur meds and are on ur way. I know how much u want it and it’ll happen.

@sammich thanks so much! I cant believe ur so far along, how exciting… How long was ur journey? Does it feel like a distant past or do you ever remember the heartache? Does it just go away?
TTC 17 months
Me - 33 (low ovarian reserve)
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
MC - 06/09 :(
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
12/01 6.5wk ultrasound - saw heartbeat flickering & growing on point
12/11 2nd ultrasound 8wks 1day? Heartbeat 158
01/05 1st trimester screening - Harmony Test (12wks 1 day) Perfect ultrasound, heartbeat 171.
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Charlotte418 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:05 am

@Faithkeepsmegoing- It is so good to hear from you!!! :D :D :D I am so excited for your new cycle! I love the way that you think - I hope that you do have a great birthday this year. I am 16 weeks now (the avocado-sized kid like Sammich's guacababy mentioned awhile back), so the anatomy ultrasound is in 4 more weeks, but we are not finding out the sex. I really want to be surprised. I would be so grateful to have a boy or a girl, it really does not matter to me at all! I have waited for that moment for so long, so I really want it to be dramatic and special, like a movie. My husband really wanted to find out the sex at first, but he's respecting that I want to wait, so he agreed to wait too. He acknowledged that I was the one getting my body poked and self-poking a lot through our journey, and so he let me win. Anyway, how's it going? How are you feeling, girl?

@Speedofpain- How are you doing, lady? How was your doctor's appointment? I hope you can come to a decision soon so that you can get started again. It seems like that is what you want, but I like that you are looking out for yourself and baby health wise. I hope that life is treating you well these days.

@Sammich- Hope you and wife are doing/feeling well! :)
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Speedofpain » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:18 am

Faith: So glad to hear from you. I am going to San Diego today a much needed weekend get away I would much rather be going to South America like you! hehe! How was it? Was it simply breath taking? I am so glad you are going in for another cycle! woohoo!!!!

Charlotte: No Doctors appt. He had to reschedule and they cant see me Until December... Great. I am on the wait list and I have an apt with his APN to see if she can help cause the waiting is getting ridiculous. I did get my blood test results sent directly to me and my A1C is down to 6.1 and they want it under 6 so hopefully December... it will be and I can move forward. We will see... still not thinking to positively with school and my health I just want it to be over and better so I can try again. :(
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:36 pm

@charlotte I think it’s awesome that you’re not finding out the sex. There has to be some sort of surprise in all of this intricate planning that you’ve done so far (IUI’s & IVF’s) lol. I’m so excited for you. Have you been feeling sicky or was the 1st trimester good to you?

@speed I’m hoping time is being good to you. I know you mentioned you may have to wait until December. Anything new going on with the medical stuff?

AFM, I had IVF transfer 2.0 this past Sunday, woohooo… I didn’t get the response I was hoping for, even with the new protocol I still only ended up with 4 follicles, 2 of which fertilized. So, we put one perfect 8 cell grade A embryo and a so so 6 cell grade B. This go around went so smoothly, not sure if you ladies remember but on the 1st one I had an extreme case of acid reflux that put me in the ER. Well the anesthesiologist went about my sedation a diff way and everything went great. The transfer was also pretty great, no pain, it was super smooth. So now I’m 2dp3dt with a little cramping but other than that nothing unusual. I’m praying to god that this one works, I just don’t have it in me to go another around this year. I only have 2 more ivf’s that are paid by my insurance but unlimited IUI’s. I’m trying to stay positive but of course my mind wonders and if this doesn’t work than I’ll most likely go back to IUI’s. They’re so much less invasive and I pretty much responded the same as with IVF, I always had two mature follicles to work with. So, I guess I just have to wait and see. My bday is Nov 9th which is when I plan on testing at home but my beta is on the 11th. Here’s to a BFP!!!!
TTC 17 months
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
01/05 1st trimester screening - Harmony Test (12wks 1 day) Perfect ultrasound, heartbeat 171.
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Speedofpain » Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:54 am

Faith: Yay! Congrats on a new transfer!!!! So glad you had some good follies and a better transfer experience this time. Yay on the no acid reflux! Will be keeping my finger crossed for you! Hopefully this is it!

AFM nothing will happen til Feb probably because I have my three month A1C check at the end of Jan. Super disappointed but it is what it is. We will see...
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Charlotte418 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:06 am

@Faith- That was exactly my rationale with not finding out the sex. I was sick of knowing so much about everything after the fertility stuff, haha! I am thinking of you and I hope you are doing well. Just enjoy your birthday tomorrow, girl! I am praying for you. At 11dpo I got BFN, then at 12dpo I finally got my faint BFP. I have been feeling great. Baby is the size of a sweet potato this week and I just recently started feeling movements from time to time, and it warms my heart. :) I just recently developed a tiny bump (finally), so I am starting to actually believe I'm pregnant. My sister just broke the news to me that she is pregnant (5 weeks along so very early) and due in July! I am so excited because if all goes well our babies will be about the same age. I still had that initial feeling of anger when she told me (I of course keep that dark feeling to myself, lol). But this is her second baby and for so long I feared she would have the second before I could have one! Her son is 2 and a half. She told me they had been trying for awhile, but with "normal" people, that means 7 months. Anyway, she has been so cute and excited about my pregnancy, especially now that she is expecting too. She asked about the theme I want, and I really like the Lion King (for gender neutral/unknown). I have my (brother's daughter) niece's christening today so I am happy to see family and enjoy their company. Stay strong, faith - you have been so patient waiting and I hope with all of my heart that you get the best birthday gift ever! :D
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Charlotte418 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:10 am

oops, posted too soon
& @speedofpain- I am not sure that that check is, but I hope everything goes well with it. That is disappointing, I am sure :( I am so sorry. Just try to focus on the next time you will be able to try and you can look forward to the mid-winter. The beginning of winter can be about you and pampering yourself. How is your wifey doing?
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Speedofpain » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:59 am

Charlotte: I love the lion king theme I had that in mind forever...in all honesty that is what sparked my fertility journey. My wife and I were in babies r us buying a shower gift and I saw the lion king stuff and told my wife how much I liked it and bam...next thing you know I am at my OBGYN asking where to go from there lol. We actually have the dumbo theme going lol because I am crazy that way and bought a bunch of stuff when I was going through treatments and in between treatments...( all little obsessed maybe..just maybe haha) but I still love love the lion king theme I totally think you should do that it is sooooo cute!

Yes I am very upset and trying to focus on other things right now...yesterday when I was having a why not me moment I did the whole semester worth of homework for one of my classes..in like 6 hours haha. At least it worked. But now I only have two classes to go so idk how long that will hold school ends Dec 10th....my sanity might break if I don't pick up a new hobby. lol. Anywho my wife is doing pretty well...she has been going to the gym like four nights a week...just throwing herself into her works out so she can get fit to try out for the police academy. I have night school so I don't go as often with her as I should especially since I need to get healthy for the baby..once school ends though we will be going together so I think it will be something new for us to share. My wife is a cancer so she likes to hold her feelings in and she usually plays poker face but I still can tell she wants this just as much as I do and is disappointed we have to wait...AGAIN. All in all she is still super supportive and just listens to my rampages haha.

OH well I am so glad you have your baby bump! Just makes it seem to come around full circle that a healthy baby is coming soon!!!! Yay!!! I can't wait to feel the movements just putting my hands on my lady friends and families tummys is other worldly...can only imagine what your feeling sooooo exciting!!!!

Faith: HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Hope exciting news is coming your way! FX for you!!!!!
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:47 pm

Hi Ladies,

Sooooooooooooooo I got my bfp on my birthday, woohooooooo. It was super doper light but then the next day it was nice and dark. I am over the moon excited but of course with excitement comes lots and lots of fear. I went in on Wed 13dpo for my 1st beta (I totally should’ve waited till like 16dpo) but that’s when the RE scheduled me, anyway is was only 42! The nurse seemed fine with it, she’s like you haven’t even reached 14dpo, it’s a good number, now we just need to make sure it doubles. Well yesterday Thursday I started seeing a tinge of brownish/pink when I wiped but never enough to go on my panty liner, it freaked me out of course! The nurse said it could be late implantation blood that’s just now coming down or the endometrium suppositories I’m using cause they tend to irritate the cervix while pregnant cause the cervix is already engorged. At the end of the day, she doesn’t know why it’s happening :? but as long as it’s not like AF then she wasn’t concerned. Today I got my 2nd beta at 15dpo and it was 96, it did double and my nurse scheduled me for my 1st ob ultrasound but it still seems so low. I’ve been here before, I’m praying with all my heart that my lil bean sticks but I’m cautiously optimistic. Today, I am PREGNANT and I’m over the moon and I’ll deal with whatever comes my way, good or bad. Please send positive vibes my way… my 1st ultrasound is Tuesday Dec 1st , if I get to hear my lil beans heartbeat at this visit then it’ll be a milestone for us cause it didn’t happen the last time. I’ll keep you all posted

@charlotte I can totally relate. My sister found out she was pregnant at the end of October (we’ll literally be two weeks apart) it’s her 2nd but kinda like her 1st again. My nephew is about to be 19 and just start college, she had him young. Anyway, I was super excited for her but kinda annoyed it took them only 3 months to conceive lol. How exciting you have a sweet potatoe growing lol. Thanks again for the bday wishes, definitely one for the books!!!

@speed Thanks for the bday wishes, I’ve only been 34 for 5days and it’s been the longest 5 days of my life! Lol
TTC 17 months
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IUI