April IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: April IUI

Postby Sammich » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:18 pm

Hey ladies! It has been so long! My wife is 36 weeks as of yesterday. Can't wait to see this tiny human. We still don't know if it's a boy or girl! We are hoping the baby doesn't wait until March 17th to greet us. Baby has dropped and its head is already hanging out down there! She says it feels like a bowling ball... She waddles like a penguin. Hahaha
Sammich

Postby Speedofpain » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:49 am

Sammich: Wow 36 weeks already...where has the time gone. I am so sad you don't know what the sex is yet. You guys are in for the long haul now...sooooo very exciting!!! Congrats again!
Me: Kat 25
Wife: Paula 28
I have PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes (probably from PCOS) not currently taking medicine for it managing it through diet and exercise.
TTC since 07/2013 didn't get a chance to attempt IUI decided to get married first and went to a Different RE 09/2014
First IUI December 12, 2014 took Lupron, Gonal-f, menopur and 10,000 HCG trigger shot- BFN :bfn:
IUI #2 April 14, 2015 took Lupron, Gonal-F 400 units, menopur, and 10,000 HCG trigger shot. Did everything possible, pineapple core, acupuncture, fertility charms, you name it I tried it.- :bfp: 24dpi, CP @ 2weeks ended May 10, 2015 :angel:
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Charlotte418 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:20 am

@speedofpain- how are you girl?? Sorry for my delay in reply. I haven't been around much to sit still lol. Getting ready leaving plans for my long term sub at school. I'm good, I just have gestational diabetes, but I'm managing it ok. I've always had a lot of empathy for diabetics in my close family, but especially now! It's pretty genetic. Hard not to blame yourself. I don't know how you deal with it all of the time, I applaud you guys. My poor MIL has it too and takes all that insulin and has all the eye problems and other stuff. My hubby is staying on top of it, because he wants her to preserve her eyesight. Anyway, I'm doing ok other than being very sick this week (something going around chest congestion cough / knocked my down for like 6 days). Baby doing fine, can't believe my baby shower is this Sunday. I feel so excited since I've been waiting to enjoy these moments for awhile- the fun parts and the challenges too! Approx. 5 weeks and 2 days left. Can hardly wait! How's things with you? :D

@Sammich- yay! She must be so excited. We're being surprised too. Please message us after baby arrives and tell us if it was boy or girl! Good luck to you guys. I'm sure everything will be great. I know the anxiety you feel! I'm getting impatient. All I want to do is hold my baby and have my baby be safely in my arms! That is all that is on my mind and important to me right now !

@faith- how are you? How's it going? Did you find out baby's sex and do the gender reveal?
1/1/15: IUI #1 Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
1/29/15 IUI #2 Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
2/26/15 IUI #3 Letrozole, Ovidrel: BFN
3/26/15 IUI #4 Letrozole, Ovidrel: BFN
4/10/15: Started taking BCP
4/21/15: IVF prep, ordered meds
4/28/15: Box of Meds arrived
4/30/15: Baseline BW u/s
5/1/15: Start stims
5/12/15: Triggered w/ Novarel only
5/14/15: Egg Retrieval, 12 eggs, 11 fertilized
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
5/29/15 Bloodtest BFN, frozen transfer in July
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/14/15 Lining and bw good :)
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
Home test=Pos 7dp5dt or 12dpo
7/31/15 Beta 136 BFP!!! :)
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
8/18/15 6.5wk scan, saw baby and heartbeat HR 126 :)
8/31/15 8.3wk scan, everything looks good :)
9/29/15 12.4wk scan, HR 155, surreal- still don't believe it
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Speedofpain » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:42 pm

Charlotte: Oh no I am so sorry to hear about the gest diabetes...believe I know the struggle is real is my biggest fear that I will have complications from my diabetes that is why my doctors are so on top of my numbers right now before I even conceive. Are you on metformin or insulin? I am sorry to hear about your cold too. I still can't believe your date is approaching so fast...5 weeks AHHH so close its amazing!!!!! Happy shower day as well I hope Sunday is beautiful and everything you dreamed of! I am doing pretty good. I just found out my mom has uterine cancer...so I am going through the motions of that. But I am super positive and hoping for the best...hoping they get everything with a hysterectomy and no radiation or chemo needed. With that being said.....there is an upside to my life... I just went and saw my RE and everything is looking great! He is waiting for April when I test my A1C again..it was at 6.0 last month so he wants it to be 5.8 or under...and as long as it is...April/May will be our month!!! I cant believe its taken a whollllllllllllllllle year before we got to try again but I am just soooo exciting its going to happen again. I have already been on a hunt for a new donor and I just need him to give me the go and I am on it!!! lol.
I have PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes (probably from PCOS) not currently taking medicine for it managing it through diet and exercise.
TTC since 07/2013 didn't get a chance to attempt IUI decided to get married first and went to a Different RE 09/2014
First IUI December 12, 2014 took Lupron, Gonal-f, menopur and 10,000 HCG trigger shot- BFN :bfn:
IUI #2 April 14, 2015 took Lupron, Gonal-F 400 units, menopur, and 10,000 HCG trigger shot. Did everything possible, pineapple core, acupuncture, fertility charms, you name it I tried it.- :bfp: 24dpi, CP @ 2weeks ended May 10, 2015 :angel:
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby faithkeepsmegoing » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:50 am

Hi ladies,

@speed I’m so sorry to hear about your mom but staying positive is definitely the key. Cancer sucks @ss!!! I’m sure she’ll get through it just fine. Wow, a year?!?! I cant believe it was that long either but you did everything by the book and followed all the recommended instructions so, here’s to a great April/May it’s definitely your time!!! You’re going straight to IVF, right? Or were you gonna try IUi again???

@charlotte Wowza, 5 weeks when did that happen?!?! Omg, you must be soooo excited. I hope you enjoyed ur babyshower, like how could you not, you’ve been waiting for that day since the beginning… The gestational diabetes sucks, it’s so scary but keep taking care of yourself, I’m sure everything will be fine. Are you in the nesting phase yet?!?! do you have everything in order?

@sammich how exciting… Let us know who the birth went and how baby is doing once you get a chance.

AFM I’m 22wks pregnant, I cant even believe this is happening lol. We did the genetic testing so we’ve known it’s a beautiful baby boy since early January. Our gender reveal turned out really nice, the surprise on my fiancées face was priceless lol. I started to feel him kick at about 18wks and my fiancée felt it for the first time at about 20wks. He was so excited, it’s definitely very surreal. I have 4 ½ months left, that just seems crazy, time is flying by… Cant wait to hear when all the new babies come home.. please keep us posted…
TTC 17 months
Me - 33 (low ovarian reserve)
DH - 32 (perfectly fine)
Unexplained infertility
IUI #1 & #2 - BFN's
IUI #3 - 04/28 BFP!
MC - 06/09 :(
1st IVF 09/2015- BFN
2nd IVF 10/29 - BFP!!!
Beta 349 18dpo
12/01 6.5wk ultrasound - saw heartbeat flickering & growing on point
12/11 2nd ultrasound 8wks 1day? Heartbeat 158
01/05 1st trimester screening - Harmony Test (12wks 1 day) Perfect ultrasound, heartbeat 171.
faithkeepsmegoing
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Iridessa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:15 pm

Hello, I just did my second iui today 4/13/16. 2ww seems so long, have to keep myself busy so I'm not tempted to cheat and do it early.
Iridessa

Postby Sammich » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:34 pm

I can't believe it has been a year since I started talking to you lovely ladies. My wife had an emergency C-section on the 26th (41w2d) Oliver Johnathan came in at 7lb5oz 20 inches
Sammich

Postby Speedofpain » Tue May 03, 2016 9:44 am

@Charlotte is your beautiful baby here yet???? I am so sorry I have been away. I can't wait to see please post a picture!

@faith I am so exciting your pregnancy is going well and you have a beautiful baby boy! Yay!!!!!!

@sammich congrats on Oliver. I am so sorry your wife had to have an emergency C section but I am so glad your boy is here! Big Congrats to you and your wife.

AFM. APRIL SUCKED HARD. My big boss got cancer in Jan. My mom in Feb. My boss's wife had a collapsed lung in April. I lost my grandpa in April. My mom had her hysterectomy end of April. SO needless to say I hated April and didn't have great A1C numbers so I didn't even go to my RE I am just going to wait and see him in July when I do my next A1C check. Has to be lower than 5.8 and I am still at 6.1 almost there ladies. I am just so over this waiting game. May so far my mom is cancer free as of yesterday no chemo, no radiation she is good to go. We are just waiting for her to heal from surgery but she is doing great. I have my finals next week so school is almost over and I should be able to breathe life again lol. I have been back and fourth about trying again I honestly battle myself on a daily basis but if April taught me anything is that life is too short to wonder what if. SO in July if my numbers are good I am doing it. IDC! I want a baby that will not change everything else will just fall into place. Well I can't wait to hear from you ladies. Miss you guys. Hope all is well!
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Charlotte418 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:45 pm

@speedofpain- Hey girl!!! I am SO sorry it has been so long since I have checked in. I haven't been using the computer much. I am so sorry that you had such a rough springtime. I am so sorry for your loss too. <3 Thank God that your mom is cancer free now. I hope that she heals well and that you are OK. I hope that summertime and the months of July and August bring you the joy that you deserve so much. My baby shower was awesome, thank you so much for all of the kind words... and baby boy arrived safely (10 days early!) which was totally unexpected. He was 6lbs 11oz. We named him Charles. I had some complications (a placental abruption) which was kind of scary, but everything turned out alright. He spent a couple of days in the NICU due to some complications, but he is healthy and doing well. God Bless your family and you and your wife. I will be praying for you.

@faith- its good to hear from you too, lady!!! Thanks so much! How are you feeling? Hope you are well and when is your due date?

@Sammich- YAY!!! Congratulations on baby boy Oliver! What a cool name, I love it. I almost had an emergency c section too. Labor is scary and intense! I am glad mommy and baby are safe. How are you adjusting to parenthood? Are you in love? :)
1/1/15: IUI #1 Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
1/29/15 IUI #2 Clomid, Ovidrel: BFN
2/26/15 IUI #3 Letrozole, Ovidrel: BFN
3/26/15 IUI #4 Letrozole, Ovidrel: BFN
4/10/15: Started taking BCP
4/21/15: IVF prep, ordered meds
4/28/15: Box of Meds arrived
4/30/15: Baseline BW u/s
5/1/15: Start stims
5/12/15: Triggered w/ Novarel only
5/14/15: Egg Retrieval, 12 eggs, 11 fertilized
5/19/15 IVF #1 ET
5/29/15 Bloodtest BFN, frozen transfer in July
6/30/15 Baseline for FET
7/14/15 Lining and bw good :)
7/22/15 IVF #2 ET
Home test=Pos 7dp5dt or 12dpo
7/31/15 Beta 136 BFP!!! :)
8/3/15 Beta 280
8/5/15 Beta 566
8/18/15 6.5wk scan, saw baby and heartbeat HR 126 :)
8/31/15 8.3wk scan, everything looks good :)
9/29/15 12.4wk scan, HR 155, surreal- still don't believe it
Charlotte418
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby iwant2Bamomma » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:26 pm

Hi ladies! OMG!!! It's been so long since I've been on here. I tried going back through messages and catching up. So many emotions reading about everyone's struggles and reminiscing about my own struggles. A couple new babies I see - YAY!!! Congrats to all and my deepest/luckiest wishes to those still trying. Don't ever give up! I delivered my small, but healthy beautiful baby boy, Ryder William on January 5th at 4:05 am., 2 weeks early and 48 hrs of AWFUL contractions LOL. A natural birth - yay!! He weighed 5 lbs. 11 oz. He's now just over 6 months old and is the most gorgeous little miracle with 2 teeth!! We love him so much!!!! Thank you all for the love and support throughout my TTC journey. You all offered such comfort. Having someone to talk to who actually understands was great. I hope to catch up with you soon.
Me:31 (almost 32) DH:31 (almost 32)
TTC#1 since 09/2012
Tried for a year on our own with no meds and no luck....
Clomid 50mg, 11/2013-5/2014, All 7 BFNs, not monitored well (or at all) by doc.
HSG: Good
DH SA: Great
Tried for another year on our own with no meds and no luck.
New doc!!
April 2015: Femara 5 mg, Dexamethasone .5 mg, Ovidrel injection 250 mcg, Endometrin 100 mg x2/day, Vitamin D3 4000 iu/day, 81mg Baby Aspirin.
Follicles: 23, 25 on right, Lining 8.8
IUI #1 - 4/28/2015~BFP on 5/12! OMG!
Beta #1 (14dpiui, cd29, 5/12): 134
Beta #2 (16dpiui, cd31, 5/14): 348
Beta #3 (5/27): 16,866, U/S got to see the sac, yolk and fetal pole. Saw the heart beating (117 bpm) but couldn't hear it yet
Beta #4 (6/5): 42,213, U/S got to hear our little heartbeat (147 bpm) for the first time - AMAZING!
iwant2Bamomma

Postby Speedofpain » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:43 pm

Charlotte: How is baby Charles doing now? Congrats again. So sorry the labor was rough but I'm sure it was all worth it. So happy you have a little one. My mom is doing great!!!! I've had some rough months but I am still going. School is going to kill me so I am actually not too angry that my numbers aren't exactly where they need to be but they are going down not up which is all I can ask for right now. Oct will be my next check up so fingers crossed. Anywho hope all is well with you and Charles!

Iwant2beamomma: Congrats on a Ryder glad to hear the wonderful news thanks for checking in.
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Previous

Return to IUI