IUI with only 1 tube... 9 follicles at trigger YIKES!

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

IUI with only 1 tube... 9 follicles at trigger YIKES!

Postby khannon2014 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:18 am

Here is my story.

I have been TTC with my husband for 2 years on our own. I thought I may have blocked tubes and so we went to our RE and confirmed through HSG that we did. Had surgery and came out with only 1 tube on my left side. He was able to open that one but the right was too badly damaged so he removed it. All else is great. Hubs is perfect and I have a very regular 28-29 day cycle.

We are both 38 and know time is working against us. Our RE wanted to go straight to Injectables with IUI so we did. First cycle was in Jan. I had 2 follies on the left side (good side) 24 and 15 and 1 on the right side of 15. E2 level at time of trigger was 1081. BFN

Took Feb off because I didn't handle the BFN well.

Started again this month. I am 8dpiui and am not sure what to think. This is the last IUI our RE wants to do before going straight to IVF so I am freaking out for this to be our month.

This cycle I had 9 follicles.... yikes. 5 on my left side (good side) 19, 18, 17, 16, and 15 at time of trigger. On my right side (side with no tube) I had 4 follicles, 18, 18, 17, and 16 at time of trigger. We did the trigger shot at 8:30am on the 16th and the IUI at 10:00am on the 17th.

Here is why I am freaking out. 9 FOLLICLES!!!! Now, I have read mixed feelings on this. Some say that I should not have done the IUI with so many due to increased risk of multiples. Although it was only 5 on my good side. I have read that they can jump sides though... Some say that it is very unlikely with my age and such that not all of them will rupture so I should be ok.

I don't feel anything at all right now that would make me think I have implanted. My bbs are a little sore but that is it. In Jan at this time, I had no symptoms either so I knew I was out.

I hope I got at least 1 sticky bean out of all of that but who knows. What are your thoughts? I did take a Dollar Tree test yesterday afternoon and got a BFN so I know the trigger is out of my system. I am afraid to test again. I am on the progesterone suppositories but got my period anyway at 11 dpiui in January. That is only 3 days from now so I am just waiting for AF to show up again as I feel "out". What do you think my chances are that one of those will take? I just needed to get this off my chest. Thanks for reading!
khannon2014

Re: IUI with only 1 tube... 9 follicles at trigger YIKES!

Postby Speedofpain » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:35 pm

Couldn't say I wouldn't be freaking out with 9 follicles either. My first IUI was in December I didn't feel any different AF arrived 9dpi. Took a test anyways BFN waited and took another test 14dpi and BFN. Called my doctor but decided not to do back to back IUI as I was completely devastated. I am in my second IUI right now looks like insemination with be sometime around April 12. So I don't have a lot of experience but I didn't feel any different last time just BBS really sore. I would keep positive and I would say you have a great chance of conceiving one baby with 9 great follicles but then again I am no RE. My wife and I talked seriously about the risks and pros and cons to having multiples and we honestly looked into MFPR and talked a lot about how we felt about it. It's a very hard decision to make but we had decided more than two even can put pregnancy at high risk and with me having diabetes I wouldn't want to risk miscarriage with all the babies so we really looked into and decided if it came down to it we just wouldn't tell anyobe else and weigh out our best options. Everyone feels differently and I am sure you will make the best decision for your family. Just keep positive that there a baby cooking in there and do the best you can. Lots of baby dust to you!
Me: Kat 25
Wife: Paula 28
I have PCOS and Type 2 Diabetes (probably from PCOS) not currently taking medicine for it managing it through diet and exercise.
TTC since 07/2013 didn't get a chance to attempt IUI decided to get married first and went to a Different RE 09/2014
First IUI December 12, 2014 took Lupron, Gonal-f, menopur and 10,000 HCG trigger shot- BFN :bfn:
IUI #2 April 14, 2015 took Lupron, Gonal-F 400 units, menopur, and 10,000 HCG trigger shot. Did everything possible, pineapple core, acupuncture, fertility charms, you name it I tried it.- :bfp: 24dpi, CP @ 2weeks ended May 10, 2015 :angel:
Speedofpain
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: IUI with only 1 tube... 9 follicles at trigger YIKES!

Postby Sanvez09 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:40 am

Thank you for your story, I am wondering if the iui worked for you? My husband and I have been trying for 2 1/2 years. We went to see an RE and found out I also have a blocked tube which was removed in February. The right tube that remains is open. Our RE wanted us to try a few months on our own because he sees no other complications, well that didn't work! I didn't want to wait to much time because my husband and I are also 38 and don't have the luxury of time. We did our first iui on July 29th, we did clomid day 3-7 and ovidrel trigger on July 27. Today is 12 dpiui, I have not tested nor do I have any symptoms besides sore bbs, which I get every month before period. I'm trying not to be happy or sad as I know the chances of this working are very low. I just keep praying for a BFP.
Sanvez09

Return to IUI