Lesbian: First IUI, now TWW

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Lesbian: First IUI, now TWW

Postby Sammich » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:46 am

My wife had her tubes flushed in the beginning of March and the ultrasound showed both tubes were open. She started her period on March 18th. She took Clomid from the 20th-24th. She had her surge on the 29th. Then we planted the baby seeds on the 30th. We are now in our TWW, hoping to test on April 13th. I have been trying not to get my hopes up, but it is too late for that! I am hoping that we have success the first time around because she is young and healthy(she is 23). I am just looking for happy thoughts, success stories, or anyone in the same boat with the TWW.
Sammich

Re: Lesbian: First IUI, now TWW

Postby tina_marie » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:20 pm

I'm also in the TWW after my first IUI. I only had one follicle and one tube so I am hoping this works!!! I am with you on the trying not to get your hopes up but it already being too late thing. Sending lots of good vibes and prayers your way!!! :babydustg: :sticky:
3.31.15 ~ 1st IUI
Hubby is perfect
I have 1 good fallopian tube
*praying this works and it's our time*

First cycle failed. Second cycle they considered failed, and didn't do the IUI, because I ovulated on my left side...but BFP on 5/16/15!!!!!!!
***Due date is January 21st, 2015***
tina_marie
Friend

Postby Sammich » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:31 pm

Tina_marie, i have noticed a lot of people talking about their follicles and how many they have. I'm not sure if our doctor just didn't test for that or we didn't understand that properly. Can you explain that a bit and how they tested it? Also, did you take any meds or was it natural?
Sammich

Postby Babee2015 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:04 am

Hi sammich, if you have a monitored cycle the Dr will check how your follicles are growing with a ultradound prior to a trigger or natural ovulation, it doesn't sound like you did that and yours was all natural except the clomid! Good luck with your cycle :D
********************************************************************************************************************

Nov 2014 #1 IUI - 50 mg Clomid 5-9, donor sperm, pregnyl x 2 1500 - BFN

Jan 2015 #2 IUI - 100mg Clomid 5-9, Ovidrel trigger, donor sperm, pregnyl x 2 1500, BFN

Feb 2015 #3 IUI - 100mg Clomid 5-9, pregnyl x 2, BFN
Babee2015
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Sammich » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:58 am

Well our TWW was up this morning. My wife took a HPT and got a BFN. We are hoping that we tested too soon. Her cycle has consistently gotten longer. She wants to hold off to test again next Monday, which is when she expects AF. I am getting very nervous :/
Sammich

Postby tina_marie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:16 am

Mine was medicated with Femera (spelling?) and the HCG trigger shot the day before IUI. AF started today for me, it didn't work. But I'm not letting it get me down. I am going right into round 2. My fertility doctor posts all my test results online so I was able to see my follicle size. They didn't tell me the exact sizes unless I asked or looked up the results myself. Maybe just ask the doctor.
3.31.15 ~ 1st IUI
Hubby is perfect
I have 1 good fallopian tube
*praying this works and it's our time*

First cycle failed. Second cycle they considered failed, and didn't do the IUI, because I ovulated on my left side...but BFP on 5/16/15!!!!!!!
***Due date is January 21st, 2015***
tina_marie
Friend

Postby Sammich » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:50 am

This round did not work for us either :cry:

AF showed her ugly face yesterday.

We are jumping right back on the horse though!

Tomorrow my wife starts day 1 of clomid, if her cycles stay as consistent as they have been we should have our 2nd IUI on the 27th of April.

Good luck to you! Stay in touch!
Sammich

Return to IUI