Mrs. & Mrs. IUI Process - in full swing.

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Mrs. & Mrs. IUI Process - in full swing.

Postby emilyjoan » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:16 pm

Official first TWW starts today!

First time with a monitored and medicated cycle. Did 100mg Clomid Days 3-7, day 12 blood work and ultrasound (1 - 16mm left, 3 - 12mm right - WOW!) - trigger day 13 (ovidrel). IUI Day 15 (9:30a). Mild cramping this afternoon.

So many things aligning. My wife and I finally started to up the ante this year and make a more solid effort - rather than hoping at-home ICI would work. So far, so good. Our team is great, and we're staying positive!

Mrs & Mrs
Last edited by emilyjoan on Sat May 23, 2015 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
emilyjoan
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: IUI - done today! TWW!

Postby emilyjoan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Day 9 after IUI. UGH! The wait...... Monday is my blood test. I did HPT (Wondfoo) at 3 days after, was positive - of course, because of HCG shot. Someone had recommended testing every day to see when it had left my body. That would have given me too much anxiety. So here we are... Fri-Sat-Sun and then finally on Monday at 7:30 we get a blood test. I haven't felt any out of the ordinary or even ordinary symptoms. I think I may have had some twinges or pinch pains a few times. I've been quite happy and giddy most days. Strong appetite. Been sleeping more deeply with more intense dreams. No CM reports, no breast issues. I may pee a little more often, but I've also switched from coffee to tea, which may impact that.

Waiting!
Mrs & Mrs
emilyjoan
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby jennyrn » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:35 pm

I do not see the results of your Monday blood test. Any Luck?
jennyrn
Friend

Postby emilyjoan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:16 pm

Blood test is this Monday (4/27) Wish us luck

Mrs & Mrs
emilyjoan
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby BOTB2013 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Any news?! Fx for your BFP!
ME: 29 DH: 33 TTC Since March 2012
BOTB2013
TTC Queen
TTC Queen

Postby mkbdvm » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Good luck! Hoping this cycle worked. My wife and I were also debating on trying at home with ICI, but the price of donor sperm was outrageous, so we did a medicated IUI cycle and it worked, first try! We feel lucky and blessed, especially since I am now 40.

Hoping you get to join the pg boards!
mkbdvm

Postby emilyjoan » Tue May 05, 2015 6:29 pm

Thanks guys, no luck. Had signs of AF late Sat/Sun. Went for the blood test Monday 4/27 and confirmed negative.
However, the amazing thing about having monitored cycles, you just have to keep going. As soon as Monday came, I had to call for meds (100 clomid, day 3), book the next ultrasound... it just jumps right into the next cycle. When we weren't doing the meds, it was such a long time between that BFN and another pos OPK. So.. round 2 with a monitored cycle. Follies to be checked on Thursday AM. Then set the shot date and IUI.

It's moving much faster than I thought - so finger crossed, and baby dust to everyone too! :D
emilyjoan
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby emilyjoan » Fri May 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Follies checked Thursday AM - not bad, 2 at 15.6 & 16.64, For the first time, they said to come back the next day. So today I went - those 2 are now 16.08 and 17.8 (they seem slow growing to me...) And of course my afternoon call from the Dr. office was to make another appt for Sat (tmrw). So off we'll go again tmrw morning (but luckily at 9am, instead of 6:45!) Thought for sure we would do the IUI on Mother's Day... what a sign that would be! Monday is also my birthday... so we'll see what happens. Hopefully they say to do the trigger soon and set the date for IUI!

Fingers crossed!
Mrs. and Mrs.
emilyjoan
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby emilyjoan » Wed May 13, 2015 7:56 am

IUI done Monday about 10a! In the TWW again... :mrgreen:

Mrs. & Mrs.
emilyjoan
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Mrs. & Mrs. IUI Process - in full swing!

Postby geekstomoms » Wed May 13, 2015 11:09 am

Good luck, don't let the tww drive you crazy! We got our BFP on the third try, we switched from Clomid to Femara, had one Follicle and it worked!
Nov 2014 IUI #1 - 50mg Clomid, Novarel Trigger, Donor Sperm - 3 Follicles - BFN
Dec 2014 IUI #2 - 50mg Clomid, Novarel Trigger, .5mg Estrace, Progesterone Supp, Donor Sperm - 3 Follicles - BFN
Jan 2015 IUI #3 - 2.5mg Femara, Novarel Trigger, Donor Sperm - 1 Follicle - BFP!!
Beta #1 - 112
Beta #2 - 282
geekstomoms

Postby emilyjoan » Wed May 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Thanks! :) We're doing 100mg Clomid, and Ovidrel trigger. I'm sure if this is a BFN we'll re-evaluate meds. Certainly had some improvement in this 2nd cycle. :) Even our donor specimen was fabulous again!
emilyjoan
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby countmein » Fri May 22, 2015 11:01 pm

Hey ladies- I am just wondering, how did you finally decide on the IUI ? My wife and I are now in our 12th attempt using the old at home method with fresh donor sperm (using cervial cap) and from temp charting/ opk's we seem to be nailing this ovulation down to the hour. However, there is no fertilization happening at all. I had an ultrasound and doc saw 14 follicles and everything looked good he said. What prompted you to do the IUI ? Its so darned expensive and doc said it can take on average 6 tries!! We'll be in the poor house!
me = 35, wifey =33
endometriosis
ttc since 9/2013
14 donor sperm ICI cycles
1st IUI with just trigger 8/2015 BFN
2nd IUI with clomid no trigger 9/2015
IVF: 11/9: retrieved 8 mature, 6 badass embryos fertilzed
11/12: fresh cycle- transfer 2 grade A embryos/ hatched,
On progesterone/ estradiol
11/20: bfp on dollar store cheapie:)
11/24: 1st beta is 153 :)
11/27: 2nd ...
countmein

Postby emilyjoan » Sat May 23, 2015 10:44 am

Hey countmein - we did a few at home cycles (frozen)... and just didn't feel it was working. I have had some crazy cycles - making the timing super stressful (tracking opks, picking up product, etc). We also decided that once I turned 35 (last May) that we'd go ahead and get the full line of testing done.... 'what if' we were trying something that internally wasn't going anywhere?! All the testing came back fine, just tweeked the thyroid a bit. We chose monitored, medicated cycles - going all in. They explained all the pricing up front and we figured out we could manage it - and get to the 6th cycle. We had done 2 IUIs at another Dr. We've completed 2 with the new office. Once we hit 6, we move into the 'covered' category for insurance and then it's all new to us - as most infertility treatments - including IVF are covered here in Massachusetts.
What state are you in? Are you doing a medicated cycle - 14 is a lot!

Our May 11 IUI was not successful... AF showed up last night :( We're still doing our blood test Monday, but we already know. I pre-ordered meds because of the holiday (good thing, cause I'll need them Monday night!).
emilyjoan
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Mrs. & Mrs. IUI Process - in full swing.

Postby countmein » Sun May 24, 2015 7:56 pm

Emilyjoan- thx for your reply:) No we have not gotten into medicated cycles yet. we went to two fertility docs and one was not pleasant and the other was ok. I pretty much cringe at the word 'infertility' (like all women do) so i am already on the defensive when i talk to these docs but I feel like they're saying 'you have to do IVF or IUI.' My regular obgyn says, 'you're fine- you're just older and it takes time.' however, I just turned 35 and we just did our 12th at home attempt (have a donor that stops by for special deliveries:).
we live in wash state. nothing is covered. it sux. An IUI will cost around 2400 and I don't see the point or benefit when ovulation is happening, plenty of cervical mucus, and regular cycle. The doc looked at the ultrasound and said there's plenty of follicles, lining was good... I just don't get it.
Best of luck to you! massachussets is a damn good state (I'm orig from Rhodey;) You should totally jump on the free IVF. They have about 65% success rate I believe? Lucky you! This is super hard stuff and NOBODY gets it accept people going thru it.
me = 35, wifey =33
endometriosis
ttc since 9/2013
14 donor sperm ICI cycles
1st IUI with just trigger 8/2015 BFN
2nd IUI with clomid no trigger 9/2015
IVF: 11/9: retrieved 8 mature, 6 badass embryos fertilzed
11/12: fresh cycle- transfer 2 grade A embryos/ hatched,
On progesterone/ estradiol
11/20: bfp on dollar store cheapie:)
11/24: 1st beta is 153 :)
11/27: 2nd ...
countmein

Re: Mrs. & Mrs. IUI Process - in full swing.

Postby ForeverXIIXIXIV » Mon May 25, 2015 10:26 am

This is mine and my wife's 3rd month TTC. First month was natural but no viable follicles so we skipped iui. 2nd month we started 50mg of clomid cd 3-7,trigger on cd 14 iui on cd 15. AF showed up right on time on cd 29. So here we are on cycle #3, still on clomid 50mg. Really hoping we get our bfp, as last month was quite the disappointment! Any cycle buddies for june1st?
ForeverXIIXIXIV
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to IUI