August IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: August IUI

Postby rnihri » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:04 am

jaa042 wrote:Thank you praying4baby985 and congratulations on your BFP!!!! So happy for you!!! :-)
rnihri

Postby jaa042 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:53 am

Re: rnihri --> 8 follicles possible! I only had 1 and I was on clomid! Go you!! Do you have any pregnancy symptoms since your HCG test is Monday? I'm only 6 dpo right now so just curious! Good luck! Praying for that BFP!
jaa042
Friend

Postby mtnscrumble » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:43 am

Esther aka AF has reared her ugly head. Onto IUI #3.

I called my RE today (vcm) and mentioned that since being on Clomid, my cycles have been shorter and wanted to know if that was playing a role in my IUI's being unsuccessful. My normal cycle runs 26-28 days. The last two were 24 and 23 days.

I'm so happy for all those celebrating BFPs! Hopefully I can join the ranks soon enough. I'm begging the doc's to throw every resource they have at this - I just want to know why it's not happening and let's find a solution! SCIENCE!
30 & 31, TTC Numero Uno since 01/13-Unexplained

02/13/15-HSG-All Clear
07/25/15-50mg Clomid cd3-7+IUI #1 cd14-3 Follicles; DH SA 21Mill-BFN
08/19/15-25mg Clomid cd3-7+IUI #2 cd15-just ovulated..DH SA 42Mill-BFN
09/10/15-25mg Clomid cd3-7+IUI #3 cd14-2 Follicles; DH SA 45Mill (91% moti)-BFN
01/26/16-IVF#1 cycle - Follistim 200IU CD2-CD9, Ganirelix CD6-CD10, hCG 5000IU CD10, Retrieval 02/05-20 Retrieved 02/06/16-11 Matured, 9 Fertilized, PIO 1CC, ET 2/10 (4 Frz), BFP 2/19; M/C-3/5-Trisomy 16
05/03/16-Karyotyping-Good
06/15/16-Endometrial Biopsy-Good
06/21/16-IVF #2 cycle-BCP CD3- CD23, Lupron 10IU CD18-CD2, 5IU -CD13, Gonal-F 225IU CD3-CD13, hCG 5000IU, ER 07/14-14 Retrieved,11 mature, 10 fertilized-PIO 1CC; ET 07/19 (2 Transferred, 3 Frz)

mtnscrumble

Postby Tanoushka » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:59 am

Sorry mtnscrumble :(
Me: 34
DH: 35
Unexplained infertility

8/20/15 IUI #1 - BFN
9/16/15 IUI #2 - BFN
Tanoushka

Postby Holliberger » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:48 am

I think I finally got my bfp! I had an iui on 8/18/15 so today is 12dpiui and there was a faint line with an Internet cheapie and FMU. I have been testing since about 3dpiui because I took Ovidrel (HCG trigger) and wanted to test it out (which was out in 10 days). I swore there was a super faint line on Thursday (9dpiui)--you know, the kind that you can only see when you tilt it in the perfect lighting while holding it next to a stark white negative test sample! But I was doubtful, reading all about chemical pregnancies and evaporation lines. TTC for a year really plays tricks with your psyche, that's for sure. I tested Friday--super faint again. Same thing Saturday--now I'm really thinking the worst. Then today it was finally darker! Still faint, but it's getting darker. I want to wait a couple days before I try a digital because I've read that the Internet cheapies may actually be more sensitive than the digitalis and I don't think I can handle the roller coaster of a potential NOT PREGNANT if my HCG levels are too low for the digital. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE WAITING!!!!!
Holliberger
Friend

Postby Jmrb » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:55 am

So sorry, mtscrumble!! :-(

Congrats Holliberger! I'm in the same situation, finally! My IUI was the same day as yours (8/18/15). I tested yesterday with a digital and got "Pregnant". We've been trying for over 2 1/2 years and this is our second IUI. I tested again this morning and still got "Pregnant" so I'm off for my BETA this afternoon. I'm so hopeful, but scared to death. I've taken dozens of tests throughout the years and all are negative, so the fact that this one is positive is kinda scary! Please share prayers for a sticky bean!!!
Jmrb

Postby jaa042 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:02 am

Holliberger wrote:I think I finally got my bfp! I had an iui on 8/18/15 so today is 12dpiui and there was a faint line with an Internet cheapie and FMU. I have been testing since about 3dpiui because I took Ovidrel (HCG trigger) and wanted to test it out (which was out in 10 days). I swore there was a super faint line on Thursday (9dpiui)--you know, the kind that you can only see when you tilt it in the perfect lighting while holding it next to a stark white negative test sample! But I was doubtful, reading all about chemical pregnancies and evaporation lines. TTC for a year really plays tricks with your psyche, that's for sure. I tested Friday--super faint again. Same thing Saturday--now I'm really thinking the worst. Then today it was finally darker! Still faint, but it's getting darker. I want to wait a couple days before I try a digital because I've read that the Internet cheapies may actually be more sensitive than the digitalis and I don't think I can handle the roller coaster of a potential NOT PREGNANT if my HCG levels are too low for the digital. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE WAITING!!!!!

Yay I hope you get your BFP Holliberger! I am 10dpo (first IUI this month) and I haven't taken any tests yet. I do not have any pregnancy symptoms so I'm thinking my first IUI/Clomid cycle didn't work. :( Do you have any symptoms of pregnancy yet? I'm just curious how likely it is that I could be pregnant but have no symptoms. Anyone's input would be greatly appreciated! We have been trying for 15 months (including this month) and with nothing being wrong with either one of us, I am starting to get very frustrated and feel hopeless. :(
jaa042
Friend

Postby Holliberger » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:04 pm

Jaa042 & Jmrb, thanks so much! I confirmed the BFP with a digital this morning! FINALLY! I'm actually sitting in the waiting room of the lab, waiting to go in to check my HCG levels, and then again on Wednesday.

Jaa042, I really didn't know what I was feeling as this was my first cycle with Gonal f/Lupron and my first time using progesterone suppositories every night since 3dpiui. I know the side effects from both meds can be similar to early pregnancy symptoms so I tried not to get excited. I was also testing every day (with Internet cheapies) since 5 or 6dpiui because I wanted to make sure the trigger shot was out of my system.

The first thing I noticed was cramping 9dpiui. And then (here comes TMI...) I had diarrhea from that day on. It's better now but my stomach feels unsettled quite frequently throughout the day. I've been getting tiny waves of nausea throughout the day and I've been eating like crazy for the past couple of days.

One huge thing I did notice is that my breasts, which had been sore since about 2dpiui, suddenly did not hurt anymore around 9dpiui. I thought for sure I was out this month. So now I completely believe what people say, that each and every cycle/pregnancy/woman/etc. can be different. So yes, you can absolutely be pregnant even though you don't feel anything! Why don't you test in the morning?? You could definitely see something at 11dpo, as long as the potential bfn doesn't get you too down because it could be too early.
Holliberger
Friend

Postby Tanoushka » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:07 am

Wow congratulations Holliberger and jmrb!!!
I am supposed to test tomorrow.... I am so nervous and dreading the disappointment if it didn't work...but I am so happy to see positives in this thread
Unexplained infertility

8/20/15 IUI #1 - BFN
9/16/15 IUI #2 - BFN
Tanoushka

Postby alie12 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:23 pm

Congrats to all of the ladies getting BFPs! It's very exciting to be part of a thread where people are having success. I'm 10dpiui today and no positive test yet. My blood test is Thursday and I'm nervous because this is our last shot at IUI before moving to IVF. I've been feeling nauseous the last few days, but I'm trying not to read too much into it because I also have a terrible cold right now and it could be because of that. Waiting two more days to find out seems like forever!
alie12
Friend

Postby Tanoushka » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:32 am

So I tested and.... :bfn:
Unexplained infertility

8/20/15 IUI #1 - BFN
9/16/15 IUI #2 - BFN
Tanoushka

Postby Holliberger » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:08 pm

So sorry Tanoushka! I'm pretty sure I'm miscarrying right now. I've been crampy and started spotting today, and then it turned bright red. It's crazy--I'm on all sorts of meds to have a stronger pregnancy, yet I made it to 6 weeks almost exactly a year ago when I miscarried my first time. This is exhausting :(
Holliberger
Friend

Postby Holliberger » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:59 am

Update... Apparently I didn't miscarry, or maybe it just started last night/this morning. I went for my repeat HCG at 5:30pm last night, after I had been spotting brown/bleeding bright red for a few hours and my HCG had doubled from 2 days prior (42 to 86). I have been passing chunks of what I thought was tissue but seems to be coagulated progesterone from my suppositories! What the hell?!?? Lots of dark red blood and chunks... Sorry to be so graphic but this is nuts. Totally nuts. Unless the HCG starts to dip from here. Going in for another test tomorrow. Crazy.
Holliberger
Friend

Postby Tanoushka » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:51 am

Sounds scary indeed Holliberger... Keep us posted...
As for me, yesterdsy was hard but i am feeling better and waiting for AF to show...cramping galore
Unexplained infertility

8/20/15 IUI #1 - BFN
9/16/15 IUI #2 - BFN
Tanoushka

Postby Tanoushka » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:18 am

15dpiui...still no AF...I never had cramping so bad for so long. Usually when it gets bad, AF shows up a couple of hours later...my doctor's office is supposed to call me today to see my results on the hpt (which was also negative yesterday.... Didn't bother today)...I wonder if they will get me in for a blood test if AF doesn't show her ugly face today...
How is everyone else doing?
Unexplained infertility

8/20/15 IUI #1 - BFN
9/16/15 IUI #2 - BFN
Tanoushka

PreviousNext

Return to IUI