Same Sex Couple...IUI #2

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Same Sex Couple...IUI #2

Postby A.E.S » Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Yay!! Keep me posted. Want to know what your beta results are. Woohoo!! You just made a baby!!!
IUI #1: (8/10/15) 5mg Femara days 3-7, 75iu Follistim days 8-11, Ovidrel day 12, IUI 38 hrs post= chemical pregnancy. TSH 3.96, 9/11 started 25mcg Synthroid.
IUI #2: (11/25/15) 5mg Femara days 3-7, 75iu Follistim days 8-11, Ovidrel day 12, IUI 36 hours post
A.E.S
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Moneri » Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:04 pm

Today's results: BETA: 3,074 and Progesterone: 17.1. Hoping for doubled results Saturday!!
Moneri
Friend

Postby A.E.S » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:26 pm

Wow!! That's awesome!!!! Those are good numbers. So happy for you!!!!
IUI #1: (8/10/15) 5mg Femara days 3-7, 75iu Follistim days 8-11, Ovidrel day 12, IUI 38 hrs post= chemical pregnancy. TSH 3.96, 9/11 started 25mcg Synthroid.
IUI #2: (11/25/15) 5mg Femara days 3-7, 75iu Follistim days 8-11, Ovidrel day 12, IUI 36 hours post
A.E.S
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Moneri » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks!! I had my second blood draw this morning and I'm very anxiously awaiting the results!!! I hate this waiting game. I'm so nervous.
Moneri
Friend

Postby A.E.S » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:45 am

Good luck! Hopping you get those numbers!! All Fx for ya
A.E.S
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Moneri » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:03 pm

DOUBLED!!! I am BEYOND excited!! Will you be trying again soon??
Moneri
Friend

Postby A.E.S » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Wow that's so awesome Moneri!! Congratulations!! Very happy for you. I'm sure you're ecstatic! I thought maybe I would get to try again this month, but doesn't look like it. My Dr. Thought I miscarried because my thyroid hormone was too high. Put me on Synthroid, but I guess it wasn't enough because my levels are getting higher. I have a fam. History of hypothyroidism. So she's gonna up my dose and check again in a few weeks. But by then I'll miss my chance this month. Was really hoping I could try. But better to be safe than risk another miscarriage with a high TSH :( when is your first ultrasound?
A.E.S
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Older mom » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:43 am

Hi All

Just joined the forum as need some support and advice I suppose! My wife and I (coming up to our first anniversary!!) have been TTC since Feb of this year, we have had eight rounds of IUI using Clomid and have had BFN each time. My wife is the one TTC as I am too old now (46) but she is a healthy 33 yr old. We already have a 2 year old boy who is the light of our lives -he was conceived after only 2 rounds of IUI. It is getting harder each time we go to the clinic and the stress is really hitting us hard, only this morning we had a row over who should be ringing the clinic for our next appt as my wife hates talking to the very empathetic receptionist, and I am starting to question if we should be keeping going on this journey. I suppose I am just looking for some support to keep me on the right track as I know that if we should be successful then the joy that we have already experienced in our little boy would be potentially doubled, it just feels like we have been living the last year in 2 ww and we have no time to focus on anything else. Our first year of marriage should have been the most joyful of times but it doesn't feel like that. Don't get me wrong , I love her and our little boy to bits but the pressure of ttc is now getting to me. We both have good jobs and an hugely supportive family who are aware of what we are trying to do and their sense of disappointment each month is almost as bad as ours. Thanks for listening, feel better for having gotten some of that off my chest!
Older mom
Friend

Postby A.E.S » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:18 am

Hi there!!
First off, happy upcoming anniversary!! Sounds like you have had stressful year, to say the least. My wife and I have only been trying since August, with only one IUI down... and that was stressful, I could only imagine that x8! What is your Doc saying? I'm pretty surprised they've let you do that many. Many Dr.'s wont let you go past 4-5 without wanting IVF. I'm assuming wife has had HSG and has clear tubes? No fibroids or cysts? Also... why not try a different regimen? Some people don't respond to Clomid, and switch to Femara to get better results. Have you been using injectables? Are you triggering? (sorry for all the questions :P) Very interested. I would think after 3-4 tries, your doc would want to re-evaluate some things. Try something different. I've also heard of people switching sperm donors for a successful BFP. My thoughts are definitely with you! Just remember, if your heart is set on another child, keep pushing. It'll happen! FX and baby dust all over the place :)
A.E.S
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Older mom » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:46 am

Thanks A.E.S

We have been getting good results with the Clomid, all follices are in the 20-22mm range when IUI is being planned. Only recently started to trigger x1. All tests are ok, ouble with going to IVF is the cost and its a local general ractice that is doing teh IUI which is less expensive. No costs really recoverable on any type of fertility treatment where we are. Doc is happy to keep trying as everything is in place just the swimmers aren't meeting the eggs on time or so it seems. We will have another 2 goes and then we have decided that that will be enough as both of us feel that we need to be giving our all to our little boy that we have already been blessed with. Fingers crossed all the same!
Older mom
Friend

Postby IndigoBirds » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:18 am

I'm in a similar boat. 34 and had my 2nd IUI on the 27th of Oct. I tested 7 days later with only a 4.6 progesterone, so my Ob was sure it didn't take. I'm moving on to Clomid this next cycle and AF is due today or tomorrow. I'm only finding a slightly pink pre-arrival and didn't have even a single preggo symptom this month. We're only a few months into this, and I'm incredibly in awe of all the couples and other folks who have had the fortitude to continue shouldering on with it.

Sometimes we get lucky the first round, and then we have to fight for the second. It's very do-able, just a frustration to get there. But we're here with you. :)
I have: 6 yo son -- He has: 19 yo daughter
Together we have: 2 ridiculous love-absorbing dogs

TTC since Oct 2015 with donor sperm via IUI. 27-30d cycle
1st IUI: 2nd Oct non-medicated/ not monitored, bfn
2nd IUI: 27th non-medicated/not monitored, bfn
3rd IUI: 27th Nov/monitored ovulation, prescribed 100mg Clomid, cd3 for 5 days
4th IUI: 29th Nov/monitored egg release (6 follicles, 4 mature eggs, released 4 eggs. Gulp!) -- still no confirmation. Dying here!
IndigoBirds

Postby A.E.S » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:57 pm

Oldermom- will you guys be trying again soon? Looking forward to hearing how your next round goes. I bet your chances of BFP will be alot higher with that trigger. Hope you're keeping your chin up!

Hi Indigo! hoping this is your month! Do you have your next IUI scheduled? I'm on CD 11, going in to see what the follies look like tomorrow morning. When I had my chemical pregnancy in aug., I never had any symptoms at all. I was for sure it didn't take. Was pretty shocked I got a BFP. FX for you this round!
A.E.S
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Older mom » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:31 am

well here we are in another 2ww last one didn't take despite the trigger and this time the doc said that we didn't need it as we were just on the border of ovulating. So herself had to go back to the clinic the next day. Trying hard not to think too much about it.....long conversation at the weekend about next steps which generally were inconclusive as neither of us kinda knows how we feel about stopping the process now that we are nearly at the end of where we said we would stop!! Going away for a few days this week to try and get some time together on our own so maybe then we will make some concrete decisions and maybe they will have been made for us if we get BFP by next thurs. Wishing babydust to all
Older mom
Friend

Postby A.E.S » Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:05 am

Hey Older mom, hope this is your month!! I will certainly have my fingers crossed for you. Sending that dust your way!
A.E.S
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Older mom » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:01 am

well we had a BFN again this month. Went away for a few days together and had long conversations about it all. Upshot is that we have decided to take a break from it all for a while and concentrate on Xmas and our little guy who now seems to have grasped the concept of it all as the minute he sees a tree or an elf he goes Ho Ho Ho. I feel like although I give him so much of my time and take great enjoyment that I have somehow let all of the TTC take part of me away from him and that he hasn't been getting all of what he deserves (not in a materialistic way), so we are going to leave everything aside in TTC until well into the next year and maybe try again in March or April. Heres wishing you and yours a Merry Xmas and I hope that all of you achieve your dreams in 2016. Sending Baby dust to you all.
Older mom
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI