Meeting with RE - how long did you wait for IUI?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Meeting with RE - how long did you wait for IUI?

Postby Skip42 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Hello all,

After four years of TTC and eight months of proactively testing, prescriptions, an US and HSG, we finally had our first appointment with our RE. Yay! I'm CD18 and 2dpo, so I've been scheduled for bloodwork in two days (plus a pregnancy test because she saw something wonky with a cyst), and DH is going in next week for his SA. Since I'm 32 and my eggs are showing deterioration (a reason for the blood tests), the doctor recommended a single round of shots/IUI, and if that doesn't work, possibly surgery and/or IVF depending on what the ultrasounds show. I feel like my head is spinning right now — in less than two weeks I would be starting up my new cycle and going in for ultrasounds every other day, eventually leading to the trigger and IUI, so I'd need to let my nurse know essentially this week if we should go ahead and order the meds for next cycle.

So I guess my question is for other women who found themselves in this situation timewise. Did you wait a cycle to get started in all of this? Jump right in? Financing would be tight but doable (our insurance doesn't cover treatment, just diagnosis, which means IUI would be much cheaper than IVF but still meh.)
Me - 32
DH - 32
TTC #1 since 2011
Mommy to three sweet furbabies

HSG in early January
Clomid Round #1 late January Possible CP
Clomid Round #2 late February BFN
Clomid Round #3 late March BFN
Clomid Round #4 mid April BFN
Met with RE in August
FSH/IUI #1 Gonal F 300/Ovidrel in early September - BFN
FSH/IUI #2 Gonal F 225/Ovidrel in late September - BFN
FSH/IUI #3 Gonal F 225/Ovidrel in October (O'ed naturally with one IUI) - TWW
Skip42
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: Meeting with RE - how long did you wait for IUI?

Postby southernbelle » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:10 pm

I jumped right in last cycle because I'm old (41) and feel like I don't have any time to waste. I'm doing a non medicated this cycle and probably meds and iui again in September if I get af again. Good luck!
southernbelle

Postby runbaby » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:37 am

I just met with my RE. I'm on day 3 of my period, and she wants to start THIS CYCLE! I was really surprised... and glad I didn't wait longer for my intake appt.
35 y.o. (DH 36) trying for baby #1
TTC since May 2014 ("not preventing" since Sept 2013)
DH: perfect
Me: hydrosalpinx -- removed Nov 2015, but left a "nub" that fills with fluid every month and presses everything to the right. Ow!! Also anovulatory issues, probably from long history of anorexia, but now fully recovered.
Clomid x8, IUIw/injectables x4, IVF start Aug 2016
runbaby

Postby Skip42 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:13 pm

So I'll be going ahead this cycle... we'll be ordering meds this week and hopefully starting at the beginning of next!
Me - 32
DH - 32
TTC #1 since 2011
Mommy to three sweet furbabies

HSG in early January
Clomid Round #1 late January Possible CP
Clomid Round #2 late February BFN
Clomid Round #3 late March BFN
Clomid Round #4 mid April BFN
Met with RE in August
FSH/IUI #1 Gonal F 300/Ovidrel in early September - BFN
FSH/IUI #2 Gonal F 225/Ovidrel in late September - BFN