Waiting for AF to get the ball rolling for IUI #2!

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Waiting for AF to get the ball rolling for IUI #2!

Postby molinari0527 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:24 pm

Hey Maria! Glad to hear back from you! I know how hard it is to not know which way to go. I came to realize that the pain that would come at an old age when I no longer had the opportunity to try for another child would be way worse than the pain of the disappointment that I feel when we try and fail. Although that sucks big time. We're currently in our last cycle for a while. This month we did Femara and Gonal-F injectables. I didn't see anything to write home about on my ultrasound which was disappointing. Donors numbers were really good today at my iui and he had 40% motility which is the best it's been! Fingers crossed and lots of prayers this works since this is our last try until probably next year. Financially we just can't keep doing this. And my RE wants me to go to ivf, but again, it's finances. I wish my insurance covered ivf!

Anyway, I'll check back periodically, I'm not really on here anymore. Keep me posted and good luck!

Sending big hugs and baby dust! xoxoxo
DH & I have been ttc through IUI since February 2015 with donor sperm. We have DD who is 8 and anxiously waiting to be a big sister!

IUI#1- 2.5mg Femara- 3/08/15- BFN :(
9/2015 used Clomid 50mg CD 5-9. 3 ultrasounds later- no follicle growth :( onto the next cycle!
IUI#2 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 10/26, IUI#2 10/28- BFN :(
IUI #3 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 11/27, IUI 11/29- BFN :(
IUI #4 Clomid 100mg CD5-9, Trigger 3/5, IUI 3/7- BFN :(
IUI #5 Femara 5mg CD5-9, Trigger 4/3, IUI 4/5- BFN :(
IUI #6 Femara 7.5mg CD5-9, Trigger 5/4, IUI 5/6- waiting...
molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby maria_79 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:16 am

Hey! It's nice to hear from you too! Happy Mother's Day! I definitely hear you on the possible regret later on in life about our TTC choices. It's one of the things that I often think about too. I sometimes think that I just need to go for it since we have the sperm in storage and just put my worries aside. However, we too have financial worries. We're doing fine right now but worry about the future...especially with my DH being older. I just don't/won't have the earning power that DH does so we're trying to do our best to prepare for when he'll retire. Even with me hopefully working full time at that point, things might be tight at that point. I want another baby but I also want our DD(and possible child #2) to be able to participate in regular activities. For instance, I put our DD in gymnastics twice a week for the winter so she could make friends, learn listening skills, get some energy out, and just force me to get us out of the house when I just want to hibernate...lol. Anyways, she's excelled and is now in the advanced group and they are telling us that they will want her on their team. We're so proud and she loves doing gymnastics and we can afford the cost of her current program just fine but I know that the cost of this really snowballs when they get to the team level. I know that if we have another baby, the team route for her would most likely not be feasible but if we don't have another baby then we probably could make it work because I could also go back to working 2-3 nights a week to help pay for it. If we have another baby it will be a double whammy because we'll have the added costs of raising another child plus I'd for sure to be home with the baby for a while and won't be able to work to bring in extra money. Sorry for the long story. I'm such an over thinker but I really am just thinking about our DD. Sometimes I wonder what will be better for her, a sibling or being able to provide her with more experiences/opportunity. Ahhh!!! This decision really is the hardest one of my life!

Anyways, I'm really happy to hear that you had another IUI! I really hope that switching to the Femara and injections and the donor's numbers make the difference this time! I'm praying that this is it and that you get your long awaited BFP this time!!! Please let me know how it turns out! And yes, it's not right that IVF isn't covered by all insurance! They should at the very least cover one full IVF per person per lifetime! But I honestly think that it should be more like 3 IVF cycles per lifetime! Again, I'm so hoping and praying that this was your lucky IUI!! <3
maria_79

Postby molinari0527 » Tue May 17, 2016 7:40 am

Hey Maria!

So I'm 11DPIUI, not feeling very hopeful, especially knowing this was our last try until next year. It's so weird to hear you talking about your DD and DH. It's like we have identical situations! Every single one of the reasons you have listed is the same as mine. I have DD in 2 days of dance, gymnastics, and cheer. The monthly expenses for these things are outrageous and DH always reminds me that DD will have to give some of these things up if we have another baby.

Anyway, I'm going to send you a private message with my email if you're interested because I never really check this site anymore and I'd love to keep in contact. I'll ttys!
DH & I have been ttc through IUI since February 2015 with donor sperm. We have DD who is 8 and anxiously waiting to be a big sister!

IUI#1- 2.5mg Femara- 3/08/15- BFN :(
9/2015 used Clomid 50mg CD 5-9. 3 ultrasounds later- no follicle growth :( onto the next cycle!
IUI#2 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 10/26, IUI#2 10/28- BFN :(
IUI #3 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 11/27, IUI 11/29- BFN :(
IUI #4 Clomid 100mg CD5-9, Trigger 3/5, IUI 3/7- BFN :(
IUI #5 Femara 5mg CD5-9, Trigger 4/3, IUI 4/5- BFN :(
IUI #6 Femara 7.5mg CD5-9, Trigger 5/4, IUI 5/6- waiting...
molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Bahmama » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:12 pm

IUI #1 - BFN
Had Beta done today and it was a BFN. 2 days before AF 7/1. 45yrs regular cycles. Same sex relationship.We only did one IUI but plan to do 2 IUI this 2nd round. Had good Follicles. Clomid+Follistim and progesterone. Not sure which combination my FE will want to try. Our plan has been to try with FE 2 times. So this will be our last try. We plan to try the insemination at home w/o any fertility drugs if IUI #2 is not successful. If everything goes well IUI #2 should be two weeks from now 7/13. zhoping for a successful round.
Bahmama
Friend

Postby Bahmama » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:24 am

AF started on Friday 7/1. IUI #2 set for 7/13 & 7/15. Got an appointment for ultrasound on Tuesday 7/5. Will continue with clomid+follistim.
Hoping for success.
Bahmama
Friend

Previous

Return to IUI