Just starting the TWW...

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Just starting the TWW...

Postby Galinah » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:52 pm

the nurse who took my blood left me with a swollen, bruised and quite sore inner elbow. :(
Just for good measure, i peed on one more stick tonight. Wasn't a morning one, either. But the line is the darkest one yet.
cravings, no - aversions - kind of? nothing in particular - i just find there are times when i can't eat. and times when i am very hungry. i seem to do most of my eating at dinner. breakfast i make myself eat something - lunch, i have been bringing soup. that and fruit is all i can imagine eating at lunch.
so far mornings are the worst for my stomach. waking up is hard :) (always was, but now even more so)
my boobs are hurting more at night, though. i had to watch my niece and nephew tonight, so ran out of time, but tomorrow I am going to buy some new bras after work. I think it is time....
you must be starting to get excited!
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:15 pm

Ugh stupid nurse! I'm sorry she left you all bruised up! When do you get your beta numbers? I'm glad you aren't having too many issues with eating, some people get it really bad! Have you thought about just getting your nursing bras now to accommodate your growing girls and also for use after birth? Just a thought! I wish I did that so I didn't spend so much!
I am so excited! DH picked up my Clomid on the way home tonight, starting that on Saturday.
When do you get your first ultrasound? Ttys! xoxoxo
DH & I have been ttc through IUI since February 2015 with donor sperm. We have DD who is 8 and anxiously waiting to be a big sister!

IUI#1- 2.5mg Femara- 3/08/15- BFN :(
9/2015 used Clomid 50mg CD 5-9. 3 ultrasounds later- no follicle growth :( onto the next cycle!
IUI#2 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 10/26, IUI#2 10/28- BFN :(
IUI #3 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 11/27, IUI 11/29- BFN :(
IUI #4 Clomid 100mg CD5-9, Trigger 3/5, IUI 3/7- BFN :(
IUI #5 Femara 5mg CD5-9, Trigger 4/3, IUI 4/5- BFN :(
IUI #6 Femara 7.5mg CD5-9, Trigger 5/4, IUI 5/6- waiting...
molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:26 am

i will stop at the maternity store on my way home tonight. I think that is a great idea about the nursing bra. Feeling a bit house poor, so every bit helps! I should get my results soon. if i'd gone to my clinic, i would have got same day results. but, that wasn't realistic with work. Besides, I already know, so not in such a rush anymore :)

I don't know when I get my first ultrasound! I am fairly certain there will be a 6 week appointment, so I assume we do it then. That is the week after next - I am hoping I can schedule it for Yom Kippur, since I will be off of work anyway :)

My latest quiery (spelling?) is how soon I am going to start showing. I have fibroids - actually, apparently, I have significant fibroids. 2 that are the size of small plums on the top of my uterus, and another 1 or 2 that are smaller along one side. All are high enough so that they should not cause trouble - and they are all outside of my uterus and don't affect the lining at all - but, my pelvic area is already feeling firm, and I am only 4 weeks and 3 days in! I somehow doubt I'll make it through to the end of 1st trimester without showing. I'm guessing it'll be sometime in early October that I will be able to see a difference. Hopefully it will be chilly enough in the weeks ahead that I can wear big sweaters until I am ready to tell my boss!
We will do halloween reveal to our friends (already have my costume idea - just have to make it) and, I'll tell my colleagues sometime early-to-mid-November. That is the plan, anyway.

As for you - you start tomorrow! That is exciting! I did not take Clomid - again, because of the fibroids. They didn't want to increase the chances of my carrying multiples. (If it happens, it happens, but they didn't want to encourage it).

How old is your 1st? Did you have to go through this process with them?
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:38 am

I am so excited for you to get your ultrasound! Those are my favorite visits!!

Oh my goodness those are big fibroids! If the doctor doesn't seem too concerned, I wouldn't be either, but definitely make sure they're keeping an eye on them!

I showed pretty early on, I think right after the first trimester I was obviously pregnant. My little sister didn't show until almost seven months! I liked showing, it made me feel beautiful <3 <3 <3

I can't wait to hear about your big reveals! Those are always fun! I haven't really thought about it with my family yet, maybe I'll come up with some ideas during my tww!

I'm really excited about starting the meds tomorrow, but also nervous. I've never taken Clomid and I hear some stories of side effects. I am always the one who gets the side effects so I'm not overly confident! It will all be worth it when it gets me good and pregnant though! haha! I'll let you know what I experience!

I'm also worried about multiples with the Clomid + trigger shot, but we will be happy with whatever is in the cards for us!

Our oldest is 7, and no she was all natural :)

tick tock tick tock... I'm ready to be pregnant again!!! Let's do this!!

xoxoxo
DH & I have been ttc through IUI since February 2015 with donor sperm. We have DD who is 8 and anxiously waiting to be a big sister!

9/2015 used Clomid 50mg CD 5-9. 3 ultrasounds later- no follicle growth :( onto the next cycle!
molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:31 pm

7 is a great age. And, old enough that she will love to be "Mommy's Helper".

I got my numbers today - 121. As I am new to this whole thing, I will now be looking up exactly what those numbers mean!

I am currently on a train to Ottawa. Hoping Baby isn't too upset by the bumpy ride, as there are 4 hours to go!

Currently, all I can smell are good things - Which is a plus! I DID, however, bring crackers and ginger ale along for the ride - just in case. AND, I have an aisle seat... So, if needs be :P

I don't really know about the side effects of clomid. I know that the trigger shot can give you early pregnancy symptoms - I imagine Clomid would too... Lucky you!

Baby dust your way!!!
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Galinah » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:23 pm

an hour and a half left on the train. Baby is fine, but mama is bored! Can't sleep because the seats aren't designed well enough. My ipad is at 10%, my computer is at 16% and my phone is at 47%! (Can't use up my phone because I need it to call the wife when we get there).

Sigh.
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Oh no! I didn't see this early enough! I so would have kept you company! :( I hope the rest of your trip was okay. Are you taking the trip for any special reason?

Your numbers sound great! Did you read up on anything about it? I know that they say as long as your numbers are doubling (assuming you go in for betas several times) that you are good to go!

I'm glad to hear that smells aren't bothering you. That was one of my worst problems with pregnancy! I hated the smell of cooked meat, breath, sweat, bathrooms (even clean ones). It was crazy!

I am not looking forward to the having trigger + Clomid because I will feel pregnant the whole time and it may be for nothing!! FX that pulling out the big guns proves to be a success!!

Anyway, you've probably reached your destination, and I've proved to have crappy timing with checking for your response! I'll ttys! xoxoxo

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby countmein » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:36 pm

Hi Molinari- I just started clomid yesterday too. I'm slightly worried about problems of over stimulating my ovaries (i do ovulate already with average # follicles) but I trust my doc. He's been doing this 30 years... I'm more worried about how I will afford more IUIs. Its an awful shame that insurance won't kick in. I go back for an US next friday and then probably a trigger on cd 14, then progesterone suppositories... In the meantime, I just started yoga and starting acupuncture monday. I'm pulling out all the stops this month. I'm so sick of this already. just make it over :/
me = 35, wifey =33
endometriosis
ttc since 9/2013
14 donor sperm ICI cycles
1st IUI with just trigger 8/2015 BFN
2nd IUI with clomid no trigger 9/2015
IVF: 11/9: retrieved 8 mature, 6 badass embryos fertilzed
11/12: fresh cycle- transfer 2 grade A embryos/ hatched,
On progesterone/ estradiol
11/20: bfp on dollar store cheapie:)
11/24: 1st beta is 153 :)
11/27: 2nd ...
countmein

Postby Galinah » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:09 am

Back from Ottawa - Glad to be home!

Molinari - It's okay. I was bored, but I got over it.

Countmein - I totally understand pulling out all of the stops!

Fingers crossed for you both - and, hopefully I'll see you both soon on the other side!
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:54 pm

Countmein- how are you feeling on the Clomid? I havent noticed any real side effects so far other than some hot flashes. I'm hoping that I can bypass the whole emotional wreck thing! Haha. I have my U/S on Friday as well! Looks like we're on the same schedule so far! My insurance doesn't cover anything fertility related so I totally feel your pain! In the end we'll look back and see that it was all worth it when we have our little bundles in our arms! I worry about over stimulation as well, what dose are you on? My RE only put me on 50 MG. I've started fertility yoga as well, but I haven't been doing it daily like I should! I've been taking a lot of supplements so hopefully that will help! FX that pulling out all the stops gives you a giant BFP! This will be our cycle! Baby dust!

Galinah- how are you feeling? How was your trip? Any new symptoms? sending hugs!

xoxoxoxo

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:28 pm

New symptoms....

Turns out there are no warnings for when I am going to start being emotional and crying.
That's a whole bunch of fun :/
Also - while I have been pretty good the last few days - my tummy is more consistently feeling yucky :(

I am definitely going to show early... I'm not even 5 weeks yet, and my abdomen is already starting to feel much more firm.

It's hard - 'cause while I can't think of anything else, it is not at all tangible for the wife yet. She's excited - but, I know it'll be more exciting for her when I show - or, when we hear a heartbeat.
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:20 pm

Awwwww! Pregnancy emotions! Just embrace them, they belong to you now!

I'm sorry that you aren't feeling so hot :/ that's no fun!

You'll be showing before you know it! I never really imagined it from the other side. Hearing the heartbeat certainly makes it feel a lot more real! Before you know it you'll have print outs of little baby. I'm hoping to do a 3D ultrasound this next time. They're so cool! Anyway, I hope you have a good night and I'll ttys!

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:38 pm

3D ultrasound will be VERY cool. Looking forward to having all of that!!! I've felt crappy in the past, and got nothing for it. This time at least there is a good reason, and a baby at the end of it all! For that, I don't mind it so much.

How are YOU doing? Hot flashes are tons of fun, hey? At least the weather is starting to cool down a bit. That helps.

Let me know how you progress!
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:18 am

It certainly puts things in perspective! I do really hope that you find something that will help ease it! I had this aromatherapy peppermint stick that was for nausea that I had in my purse all of the time. It was definitely helpful for mild nausea. I'll see if I can find out the name for you.

I'm doing ok. Today I woke up feeling nauseous. Not sure if it is from the Clomid or a side effect of the football game I watched yesterday (haha- football season is pretty high energy in my house, I told DH that I probably won't be able to watch any of the games this season with him- too much stress!).

Waiting for my delivery of donor sperm. Contemplating leaving work early, but I feel like I'm kind of being a wimp :/ Oh well, we'll see how the day progresses!

Sending hugs! xoxoxo

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:02 am

No such thing as being a wimp in this!

I don't normally take the jewish holidays off - but, since I am entitled to them, I did today. I got my second beta done (much gentler nurse this time - I don't expect much bruising if any), I went to the maternity store and bought a couple of the basic things I am going to start to need (such as a bra, a belly belt, 2 pairs of pants, and a few sweaters) - I need new school clothing anyway (I am a teacher) and figured that I might as well buy them there!
I got some forms sent off that I've been bad about getting into the mail. I filled my car with gas (badly needed), and I even got a new Teacher Planning book. So, productive day so far!!!

Now that I am back home, I'll eat lunch and see if I can unpack anything more while I still have the energy.

If I was a GOOD wife, I'd go to the grocery store and pick up something to make for dinner.... We'll see ;)

Talk soon!

PS - Football can be very stressful, I hear. We aren't as into sports in our household. Though, my father would love it if this baby grew up to watch HOCKEY with him!!!!
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI