Just starting the TWW...

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: Just starting the TWW...

Postby molinari0527 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:06 am

I'm glad you didn't have the evil nurse from last time! She should be banned from drawing blood!! When do you expect to hear the results of this beta? I bet you'll have great numbers! I think that's a great idea buying new clothes. It will save you the awful feeling of trying to fit in your old clothes as you get bigger! I don't think I bought maternity pants until I was about 6 months, even though I was showing because I was determined not to get maternity clothes. In my defense, I never realized that there are really nice maternity clothes out there! I can't wait to buy some! For some reason I was expecting to look like I was a bag lady if I gave in. Silly, silly me! I am glad you had a productive day, those always make me feel great!

You are an AWESOME wife, you're growing an entire human! :) Dinner is sooooooo last season ;) hahaha. The good news about you prepping dinner is you get to eat whatever your heart craves!

AFM- I decided to stick it out! I'm feeling better therefore feeling happy that I didn't give in! I ran home a few hours ago to bring in my delivery of donor sperm. I definitely hugged the package while saying, "Hello my future baby". what do you think? Should I be committed or what?

Talk to you soon! xoxoxo
DH & I have been ttc through IUI since February 2015 with donor sperm. We have DD who is 8 and anxiously waiting to be a big sister!

IUI#1- 2.5mg Femara- 3/08/15- BFN :(
9/2015 used Clomid 50mg CD 5-9. 3 ultrasounds later- no follicle growth :( onto the next cycle!
IUI#2 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 10/26, IUI#2 10/28- BFN :(
IUI #3 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 11/27, IUI 11/29- BFN :(
IUI #4 Clomid 100mg CD5-9, Trigger 3/5, IUI 3/7- BFN :(
IUI #5 Femara 5mg CD5-9, Trigger 4/3, IUI 4/5- BFN :(
IUI #6 Femara 7.5mg CD5-9, Trigger 5/4, IUI 5/6- waiting...
molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:52 am

I don't know you well enough to say if you should be committed or not:P But, based on that one action - I think you are safe!

Best part of buying new clothes was trying on the 3 months belly :D I can't wait!!!! It felt like a dream!

The clothing I bought is at least as nice (probably nicer) than anything I already have in my closet! I'm a bit overweight as it is, so it is always hard to find an outfit that I feel comfortable in that looks flattering. It's so nice to have an excuse to have a belly!

It was quite exciting getting a call that our sperm were in! We had them delivered directly to the clinic. We bought 3 viles. Not sure yet, but think we'll order 1 more - just in case. In a few years, once this one is a bit older, my wife is going to be carrying our second. Impossible to know beforehand how many tries it will take for her! But, we DO want our babies to be genetically related to one another. So - same Papa.

Meanwhile, I am getting into the habit of talking to bub. Mostly during my commute. Getting used to our new names of "Mama and Mummy" (I will be Mama).

This baby already has a name. Heck, if this turns out to be twins (not very likely), they will both have names! (Well, we have 2 full boy names and 1 1/2 girls names. Don't have to worry too much about that unless there are 2 girls in there - then, we'll have to come up with a middle name for the second.

I can't wait to know who I'm talking to! Want to start using their name!
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Awww! I bet that felt incredible! Before you know it, that will be you! And oh my goodness! Wait until he/she starts kicking! That was the most incredible feeling!

I remember talking to my belly. I used to sit in the car in silence and just sing "You are my sunshine" over and over again. Even at 7 that song still soothes her!

We have first names picked out for a boy and a girl, but we aren't 100% locked in. Trouble is, I like a very certain type of name. I like when a name sounds soft, rather than harsh. My hubby is the opposite. I like names like Sophia and Oliver and he likes names like Blaze. We have found some happy medium names so far, but there's still plenty of time. I need to get pregnant first!!

xoxoxo
DH & I have been ttc through IUI since February 2015 with donor sperm. We have DD who is 8 and anxiously waiting to be a big sister!

9/2015 used Clomid 50mg CD 5-9. 3 ultrasounds later- no follicle growth :( onto the next cycle!
molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:41 pm

Names took a long time for us. We've been playing with them long before any of this!!!

1st challenge was last name. Both of us are very attached to our last names. Our friends all want us to combine the names, but the wife hates that! We've settled on hyphenating. The wife already has a double barrelled last name, so this baby is out of luck... ha ha ha

Originally the wife was worried about what this baby would do when s/he gets married. But, I managed to convince her that it was the kid's problem. Not ours ;P (I'm already a terrible Mama!)

We both like old fashioned names. And family names. We wanted names that were not too much in use these days, but that were not so unique that people would turn up their noses....

If this is a boy, he will be Bram Ronald. If she is a girl - her name will be Minnie Beth.

In the case of twins: A second boy would be Linus Jasper, and a second girl would be Harriet - only, we don't have a middle name for Harriet.

I'm Jewish, so s/he will also have a Hebrew name. Bram Ronald will be Avraham Reuven, and
Minnie Beth will be Bina Moran.

I'm not supposed to be sharing the names yet - but, I figure you're a safe person to share with since who will you tell?

Aside from singing along to the radio, I haven't sung to the belly yet. But, I do have some songs that are my go-to lullabies... I
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:05 pm

That's so great the amount of time you two have put into coming up with your little ones name! I think the names are really great! I love the Hebrew names as well! My mother is Jewish and my father is Christian so I grew up with a lot of understanding of both faiths. It was always a fight over things like holidays, Hebrew day school vs Sunday school. But, I wouldn't trade it!

And you're right about being a safe person to tell. That's one of the greatest things about this site! I feel like I don't have to have a guard up when I'm talking about how I'm feeling! I've never felt less alone ever.

DD's dance classes started up again for the year today. Reminds me of how much she's growing up :( It all happens too fast! I hope to give her a little sibling to love up! Before she's ready to head to college please!!!!

I'll ttys! xoxoxo

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 am

I am at school waiting for the bell to go now. I just sent my last class for the day off to their next activity, and I am zonked!
I'll get used to this, I am sure. But, boy oh boy! I could use a nap!

I am confident things'll happen for you guys before the girl is in college!

I always pictured myself with a girl - so, I am trying to wrap my head around having a Boy. We'll find out in October, I guess.

Would you guys find out the gender? Or, are you the type to wait?
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:40 am

I thought I responded to this yesterday- I'm sorry!

The fatigue was one of the hardest parts for me as I'm a naturally tired person. I have to get my 8 hours at night or I am shot the next day. I still get that 1:30-3pm I-want-to-cry-I'm-so-tired feeling. When I was pregnant I slept every single lunch break. It was terrible! I hope you find ways to help ease the fatigue!

I know when I was pregnant I wanted a little girl so badly! I lucked out! This next time I'm hoping for a boy! Hope I get lucky again! Obviously, we all just want our babies healthy, but nothing wrong with wishing for their gender!

Anyone will tell you I am the worlds most impatient person, so no waiting for me! You're lucky I can wait until after 20 weeks to find out the gender! I want to know yesterday!

Sending hugs! xoxoxo

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:36 pm

We go for the first ultrasound on the 29th. Won't see a gender then - way too early. But, apparently they do those non-invasive blood tests around week 9 - is that right? We want to do that. I can wait 4 more weeks... I think ;)

Waiting for the ultrasound, on the other hand... Okay, so I know there is only a very slim chance that this is twins. But, I still want to see for myself.

Seem to have a bit more energy today. I'm learning this is a day by day thing...
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:54 pm

It sure is! That's why when people offer their advice it really isn't as helpful as they may think because every single pregnancy is different! Trust your gut not matter what!

I'm so excited for your ultrasound! Hearing the heartbeat will be magical!! Less than 2 weeks away!!

Oh man! Twins! Can you imagine?? I have twin little sisters and they were quite the handful! I worry about multiples also with the Clomid and trigger shot. There is something like a 10% chance when using those with IUI. Ahhh!! We obviously will welcome whatever we get handed, but if I have a say so I'd like just one for now please! If anyone is listening? :) :) :)

Sending hugs! xoxoxoxo

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:22 pm

One would definitely be plenty! But, I will still be looking closely at that fuzzy blob on the screen - just to see.

Today, I've been doing pretty well - but, tonight is tougher. My fibroids seem to be tender tonight. I can definitely feel those. Going to ask about them when I go for the ultrasound.

My wife is hilarious. She is the one who insisted we wait to tell everyone - and, now she is so excited and can't help telling her friends! So much for our big halloween reveal! It's nice, though, to see her excited :)

Also - not sure tonight's meatloaf is going to go over so well. 2 ginger chews and a ginger ale into it, and we'll see!
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Galinah » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:49 pm

PS - All I can smell is broccoli :)
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:32 pm

RuI'm really sorry you're not feeling so hot :/ I wonder if there's a way to get you feeling better. Let me know what the dr says!

That's so sweet that your wife is telling everyone! I know it's important to hold off, but it's just too darn hard when you have amazing news such as this!

Ahhhh meatloaf... I hated all cooked meats my first trimester... you'll find your favorites soon enough and then they'll change again :) have to love the pregnancy cravings/aversions :)

Sending hugs! xoxoxo

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:51 pm

I managed 1 small slice of meatloaf and 2 pieces of broccoli. Then, I rewarded myself with ice cream! ha ha!

I also want to tell the world. Can't wait to show!!!!

How are you holding up? Any new side effects? When do you do your insemination?
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:19 am

Victory!! :rofl:

Everything is good over here. I survived the whole round of Clomid without hurting anyone or having a breakdown so I guess victory for me too! :rofl:

Today my trigger shot will come and tomorrow at 9 I have an ultrasound to check my follicle growth. After we see what we're working with they will let me know when to trigger and when to come in for the IUI. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: So excited!!

Sending hugs! xoxoxo

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Galinah » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:01 pm

Yup. You are right where I was a month ago!

Today was a pretty good day. Tired, though. And, bloated all day! Also - throw in a hot flash, and I'm ready for bed :)

Going to have a snack, wash the dishes, and maybe have a bath :) Maybe I'll have to veg on the couch for a minute before starting any of those things ;)

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow!
Galinah
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext

Return to IUI