Anybody want to wait out the TWW together? 2dpiui/o

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Anybody want to wait out the TWW together? 2dpiui/o

Postby Babyforsheehans » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:26 am

Hope is leaving me as well temp dipped this morning and I really don't feel like getting blood work done only to be disappointed. Me and DH have been on the fence about going a third time with the cost and pure emotions, I want a baby so bad but 3.5 years is a long time to keep getting disappointed. I am on the fence I might focus on doing another fitness competition in March (at 34 I did my first bikini fitness comp in July), I say this now but we will most likely do the next cycle and I have heard chances third time round are good, totally feeling sorry for my self and totally angry as I keep seeing these women who treat there kids horribly and are bad mothers just keep spitting out kids and all we want to do is give a child the best loving home possible, sorry ladies that was my rant and feelings for the day lol
Babyforsheehans
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:53 am

Baby- I'm so sorry you're having a rough day! I think there is still a fire inside to keep going. Maybe third time will be a charm with you! I feel the same way as you do about the women and their many children that they don't take care of. I worked for Public Health for a while and worked with these exact women. It was very hard which is why I didn't stay for too long. I wanted to take all of those kids away and take care of them myself! DH and I do foster care for the same reason (DH is a retired police sergeant and saw all too much as well). Unfortunately we can't do anything to make people better parents. It's just such a shame because we all would do anything for a baby and we go through all of these struggles and then they're like, "whoops! Guess I'm pregnant again!". Ugghhhhh.... I'm sending you hugs Baby.. Try not to lose your hope because you are going to make such a wonderful mommy to some lucky little baby(ies) one day! xoxoxo
DH & I have been ttc through IUI since February 2015 with donor sperm. We have DD who is 8 and anxiously waiting to be a big sister!

IUI#1- 2.5mg Femara- 3/08/15- BFN :(
9/2015 used Clomid 50mg CD 5-9. 3 ultrasounds later- no follicle growth :( onto the next cycle!
IUI#2 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 10/26, IUI#2 10/28- BFN :(
IUI #3 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 11/27, IUI 11/29- BFN :(
IUI #4 Clomid 100mg CD5-9, Trigger 3/5, IUI 3/7- BFN :(
IUI #5 Femara 5mg CD5-9, Trigger 4/3, IUI 4/5- BFN :(
IUI #6 Femara 7.5mg CD5-9, Trigger 5/4, IUI 5/6- waiting...
molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Babyforsheehans » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Thanks molinari I think we will try once more than take a break and save for ivf or adoption. Have you still been testing or have you stopped and what's next for you if this cycle doesn't work are you gonna go again
Babyforsheehans
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:48 pm

Baby- we are going to try again in November and then if it doesn't work we're taking a break until February. I'm not sure what our limit will be after that, but I know we'll never move to ivf, It's just way too expensive. I haven't tested again but I wrote an email to my nurse and she said that she isn't worried by my bfn and is going to have me go in for blood work tomorrow. I'm not feeling too hopeful, but I'm trying...
DH & I have been ttc through IUI since February 2015 with donor sperm. We have DD who is 8 and anxiously waiting to be a big sister!

9/2015 used Clomid 50mg CD 5-9. 3 ultrasounds later- no follicle growth :( onto the next cycle!
molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Babyforsheehans » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:18 am

Glad your trying once more that's good. Honestly couldn't agree more with a break if it doesn't work. We are still on the fence to go once more or wait. But we will see going for a blood test today as I'm on day 29 of my cycle and no af, not very hopeful but still not out quite yet.
Babyforsheehans
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:10 pm

I'm out. Beta just came back negative. I just want to crawl in a hole...

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Babyforsheehans » Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:44 pm

Molinari so sorry to hear that I was still holding out hope for you. I'm so sorry for asking again but what number iui are you on I can't remember. Honestly that's the reason why I don't want to do blood work yet cause I don't want to be dissapointed, just think though it's not meant to be this month. It will happen when it's meant to be. Rest up and do something fun eat some bad food and get your nails done and pamper yourself.
Sending all the positive vibes out your way
Babyforsheehans
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Skip42 » Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Hi ladies... I've been hiding and keeping busy with work. Beta on Sunday was negative, and I was a mess. This was the last IUI this year, and everything that could go wrong did — stress, car accident, not catching ovulation in time... and after a promising follicle too. We will have a little bit of money coming in since my car was totaled, but I agree with molinari, even with that IVF is just out of reach, not to mention frightening to take out a loan for 10 or 15k and to see it fail. To add to the stress I have a limited ovarian reserve, and it's a time v. money issue. It's not fair and it's a crushing blow to realize that there's no real answer to this. Sorry to be a downer right now... this is actually why I took a few days before approaching this board. Hugs for everyone else going through this right now.
Me - 32
DH - 32
TTC #1 since 2011
Mommy to three sweet furbabies

HSG in early January
Clomid Round #1 late January Possible CP
Clomid Round #2 late February BFN
Clomid Round #3 late March BFN
Clomid Round #4 mid April BFN
Met with RE in August
FSH/IUI #1 Gonal F 300/Ovidrel in early September - BFN
FSH/IUI #2 Gonal F 225/Ovidrel in late September - BFN
FSH/IUI #3 Gonal F 225/Ovidrel in October (O'ed naturally with one IUI) - TWW
Skip42
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby lovemyfamily88 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:39 am

molinari- I'm so sorry to hear about your beta. Honestly, the 1st day of AF was the absolute worst. I felt crushed, but each day it's gotten a little easier. I'm on day 5 now and taking my clomid tonight. Follicle check is scheduled for next Wednesday. The best thing you can do is focus on the next cycle. It's really all we can do. I know how much it sucks, and I feel for you. It's so much worse than normal months, because the IUI and the medicines give you that extra bit of hope. I couldn't believe that it didn't work and then I was mad at myself for getting my hopes up so much. It's such a roller coaster of emotions. Just know that you're not on an island. We all feel for you! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 3rd times is a charm for you...and hopefully 2 for me :)

baby- have you had your beta yet? I know it's scary, but I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way!

skip- I'm so sorry to hear about your beta. I've also been trying to keep busy ever since AF started. It's tough because this process just consumes your entire life. Makes it difficult to carry on like normal.

I also agree that IVF is so expensive. We've decided that we are going to do 1 more IUI this month and then decide if we want to try 1 more before moving on to IVF or just go right to IVF in December. $10-$15k would probably make the decision a lot tougher for us, but we are lucky in that our fertility clinic is conducting a trial that my RE thinks I would qualify for and the cost for IVF would only be $4k. Still a lot of money, but much more manageable for us.
lovemyfamily88
Friend

Postby molinari0527 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:35 am

Baby- Thank you for your words. I am on IUI #2.

Skip- I'm so sorry for you bfn. I am also so sorry to hear everything else you're struggling with right now. This journey sure is a difficult one. I wish that there was something i could say to make you feel better, but I know there's nothing. I just hope you know we're all here whenever you need to vent out your feelings. We will share in you pain and your joy whichever way you decide to go. I know the choice to move to ivf is a scary one (and super expensive). If I could financially do it, I would just move to that, but unfortunately insurance companies don't think that's a priority. Sending you hugs..

Lovemyfamily- I completely hate this roller coaster of an emotional journey. I feel like I was much more relaxed this cycle as far as my expectations, but the blow still hurt. I really felt like I was pregnant. I hate my body for feeding me false symptoms! I haven't had AF show up yet. My nurse is going to contact me today to let me know my progesterone level and when to expect AF. My stupid cycles are so long that it may take another week before AF shows her ugly head. How's Clomid treating you this cycle? What's your dosage? KMFX for you!

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby lovemyfamily88 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:43 pm

molinari- I will start my first pill of clomid tonight since today is CD5. I'm only on 50mg, as the doctor was happy with my follicles at that level on the last round. I had 2 mature follicles last time- 21 and 23. I also had 2 medium sized ones at 16 and 18. Hubby's sperm count was 94 million with 86% motility I believe. It's so crazy to me that with everything looking so good, still nothing. I'm hopeful that we will have strong numbers again this cycle. I didn't really have any side effects from the clomid, which I'm thankful for. Just anxious to get to the IUI again, and then the dreaded TWW. It sucks so much that it takes so long every time. My cycles are like clockwork- 28 days every time. This time it was actually only 26 days...maybe because of the clomid, but I can't be sure. I'm sorry that you have to wait longer for your cycle to start! The waiting is one of the hardest parts. I guess we just have to keep reminding ourselves that it will all be worth it in the end. I definitely know how you feel on the whole symptom thing. I know that we're all probably much more sensitive to things happening with our bodies during the TWW, but I know I'm not crazy and creating these symptoms! I can't make my gums bleed out of nowhere, force myself to have vivid dreams or have waves of nausea..lol! So frustrating..it's like a cruel joke.
lovemyfamily88
Friend

Postby Babyforsheehans » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:56 pm

Well I'm out had the starting of af today, totally has still a glimmer of hope but well that's gone now....
Babyforsheehans
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:30 pm

Baby- I'm so sorry AF came. That's never easy. Sending you a big hug ♡

Lovemyfamily- it really is like a a cruel joke with the symptoms! And the waiting kills me like nothing else. I'm such an impatient person, it's my worst nightmare! These boards definitely help out a lot! I'm wishing you a lot of luck thus cycle!

AFM- I'm on CD2, starting Clomid 100mg CD5. Same protocol as last cycle. Hoping the timing will be better! I appreciate all of you ladies more than you know!

Sending big hugs and baby dust! xoxoxo

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Babyforsheehans » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:51 pm

Well molinari looks like we have the exact same cycle, I will be starting clomid on day 4 though, let hope this is the one and third times the charm.
Babyforsheehans
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby molinari0527 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:12 pm

Yes! I'm keeping everything crossed for us! Sending you a big hug! Xoxoxo

molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IUI