Anybody want to wait out the TWW together? 2dpiui/o

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Anybody want to wait out the TWW together? 2dpiui/o

Postby FutureBabyBee » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:19 pm

Skip- Milk it for all its worth! The phantom symptoms from progesterone are such a cruel joke! I constantly remind myself it's too early to be legit lol Hopefully it is though! FX! That's awesome news on your bloodwork too, yay! Mine is on the 14th.

Brit- Great numbers! Sounds like yall have a good shot this month.. Hope this is it for you!! :)

Molinari- Thank you! I'm hoping so! Of course I've had it all planned out for a while on how to tell them. Lol it would be such a blessing to do if face to face though!

Jay- Welcome! What was your protocol for this cycle? We can all use buddies to pass the dreaded 2 year/week wait :)

Good luck, everyone! Looking forward to hearing updates!
Me- 26 dx PCOS, Hypothyroid
DH- 31 dx Low motility and morphology
TTC #1 for 4 years

IUI 1: Femara 5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 9 million post wash BFN
IUI 2: Femara 7.5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 13 million post wash BFN
IUI 3: Femara 7.5 mg, Follistim 75iu 5-9, 3 mature follicles/ 25 million post wash BFN
IUI 4: Femara 7.5 mg, Gonal F, Poor response, cancelled.

IVF: July 2016
FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby spp5106 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi! I could really use some IUI friends too! Just did IUI #1 on Thursday, so I'm 1dpiui. I did 50 mg Clomid from days 3 - 7, and Ovidrel trigger on Tuesday after ultrasound showed two good follicles on the right and one potential on the left (the nurse didn't give me exact sizes; I wish I had asked). Don't know how I'm going to make it through the rest of the two weeks...

Good luck to all!
Me and DH: both 33. No known cause of infertility.
TTC since Sept 2014.
BFP in Nov 2014 but ended in MC at 7.5 weeks.
IUI #1 Sept 2015: BFN.
IUI #2 Oct 2015.
spp5106

Postby molinari0527 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:38 pm

Skip- So happy to hear about your good progesterone levels!! How are you feeling?

Jay- Welcome! What is your protocol this cycle?

Spp- Welcome! The tww is absolutely horrid! But the good news is, we're all along for the ride together!

Future- How are you feeling?

AFM- I start my Clomid tomorrow. Still trying to figure out what time of day I should take it. Not sure if I should expect any really unpleasant side effects. I guess I'll look it up!

Baby dust everyone! xoxoxo
DH & I have been ttc through IUI since February 2015 with donor sperm. We have DD who is 8 and anxiously waiting to be a big sister!

IUI#1- 2.5mg Femara- 3/08/15- BFN :(
9/2015 used Clomid 50mg CD 5-9. 3 ultrasounds later- no follicle growth :( onto the next cycle!
IUI#2 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 10/26, IUI#2 10/28- BFN :(
IUI #3 Clomid 100mg CD 5-9, Trigger 11/27, IUI 11/29- BFN :(
IUI #4 Clomid 100mg CD5-9, Trigger 3/5, IUI 3/7- BFN :(
IUI #5 Femara 5mg CD5-9, Trigger 4/3, IUI 4/5- BFN :(
IUI #6 Femara 7.5mg CD5-9, Trigger 5/4, IUI 5/6- waiting...
molinari0527
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Britgr27 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:23 am

@spp I had my IUI on Thursday too. This was my 3rd, but 1st one with an RE & injectibles. We can endure this tww together. Good luck!!!

@Molinari I always took my clomid at night. It gave me headaches so it was best for me to take it around 7:00 pm so I could try to sleep off the headache. The only other symptom I had was hot flashes. Good luck!!! Fingers crossed for your BFP!

How's everyone doing? I start progesterone suppositories tonight...is it best to take them at bed time since I've heard they are messy?

***baby dust to all****
Last edited by Britgr27 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
TTC since August 2013
Me: 31 all tests normal
DH: 42 MFI- low sperm count, varicocele repair Oct. 2014, sperm count normal as of Feb. 2015, 0% morphology
1st IUI with 25 mg clomid March 28, 2015 : BFN :(
2nd IUI with 50 mg clomid April 23, 2015: BFN :(
Started seeing RE in July-
3rd IUI with 75 IU Menopur September 10, 2015: BFN :(
Britgr27
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby lamisfh » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:24 am

hello, in my first iui i had cramps all the tww then it ended negative. i had my 2nd iui on 31 august and i am supposed to test on 17. during the first week everything was fine had no cramps at all. but on 7 and 8 i had really bad back pain and cramps for hrs and also sore breast, now i have been feeling some cramps from time to time not that painful. i did pregnancy test on 9 or 10 came up negative. i was wondering could this be implantation pain cos i read it can happen 6-12 dpo ? also is it possible to have implantation pain alone without bleeding?
lamisfh
Friend

Postby Britgr27 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:07 am

@lamisfh welcome to the group! Sounds like it could be implantation pain. Some people get cramps with bleeding, just cramps, just bleeding or nothing at all. I would wait until at least 12dpiui to test. Good luck! Hope you get your BFP! Let us know how it goes.
TTC since August 2013
DH: 42 MFI- low sperm count, varicocele repair Oct. 2014, sperm count normal as of Feb. 2015, 0% morphology
Britgr27
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby FutureBabyBee » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:37 am

Spp- Welcome! 2 good follies with a potential is very good! FX for you!

Molinari- I'm feeling happy to be half way through this dreaded wait lol Yesterday I ran a low fever for about 2 hours and had some cramping but I've been very crampy on this round of progesterone. I've also noticed that I'm getting (so embarrassing, sorry if TMI) butt acne?! I've literally never had that and don't know what is causing it. DH was laughing at me bc I was freaking out looking at my butt in the mirror and said "At least it's not on your face, nobody will see it" :roll: I hope you have a great response to clomid. Keep us updated!

Brit- I take the suppositories right before bed, and don't walk around too much because they start to melt and get icky. A little trick I've found since they didn't give me an applicator was to use one of the applicators that come with preseed. Works like a charm! Lol

Iam- That sounds really promising!! FX for you! Keep us updated :)
TTC #1 for 4 years

IUI 3: Femara 7.5 mg, Follistim 75iu 5-9, 3 mature follicles/ 25 million post wash BFN

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby lamisfh » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:50 am

thx for the support, i have been reading all of ur posts, i pray for BFP for all
lamisfh
Friend

Postby spp5106 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:43 am

Brit -- looking forward to waiting it out together! Good luck to you!!

Molinari -- I took my Clomid right before bed every night and had no side effects. It did make my BBTs from days 5-10 go completely wacky though -- like a full degree higher than normal.
spp5106

Postby FutureBabyBee » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:20 am

Iam- What was your protocol this cycle? Appreciate the prayers, praying for all you ladies also!
TTC #1 for 4 years

FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Skip42 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:26 pm

spp, welcome and good luck! When do you go in for bloodwork?

molinari, I took the Clomid at night to avoid side effects. I didn’t have any issues before ovulation, but I had sore bbs (along the bottom and sides) and cramping after O.

Brit, I have to take mine two times a day. Did you get the suppository or the pill (taken vaginally or orally)? I don’t use the applicator anymore for the suppository, since I read that some women just put it in themselves and then turn it sideways so that it doesn’t slide right back out. Haven’t really had issues since doing that, although I do make sure not to go to the bathroom for a couple hours so that it doesn't come out. Wear liners and you should be fine.

lamisfh, no way to tell until you get the test, especially since drugs and the IUI itself can mimic symptoms. I have read that most times implantation bleeding doesn't occur. FX for the rest of your two!

AFM, woke up with super sore bbs/nips and some slight cramps on my right side, but nothing out of the ordinary. I finally had a chance to sleep in (my ultrasounds and bloodwork have to be between 7-8:30, so with a half hour commute, I've been getting up early and not getting as much sleep. Good news is I think I only got up once last night to use the bathroom, compared to two or three times a night. I also have a huge craving for cheese... and now I remembered I still want cheese. I think that's just me though. :) Nine days til bloodwork/pregnancy test!!!
Me - 32
DH - 32
TTC #1 since 2011
Mommy to three sweet furbabies

HSG in early January
Clomid Round #1 late January Possible CP
Clomid Round #2 late February BFN
Clomid Round #3 late March BFN
Clomid Round #4 mid April BFN
Met with RE in August
FSH/IUI #1 Gonal F 300/Ovidrel in early September - BFN
FSH/IUI #2 Gonal F 225/Ovidrel in late September - BFN
FSH/IUI #3 Gonal F 225/Ovidrel in October (O'ed naturally with one IUI) - TWW
Skip42
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Britgr27 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:53 pm

Thanks for the tips skip & future..they are vaginal & came with an applicator. I pulled one out of the box this morning & was confused as to how it would work but I'll figure it out later lol!
TTC since August 2013
Britgr27
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby spp5106 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:41 pm

Skip, my RE just told me to take an HPT at 14 dpiui -- no suppositories, no bloodwork. I'm a little worried he's not doing enough. Do you think I should be concerned?
Me and DH: both 33. No known cause of infertility.
TTC since Sept 2014.
BFP in Nov 2014 but ended in MC at 7.5 weeks.
IUI #1 Sept 2015: BFN.
IUI #2 Oct 2015.
spp5106

Postby Skip42 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:57 pm

Spp, I guess it all depends on your TTC history as well as the standard protocol. I know that the Ovidrel will give a fake positive on an HPT if you test too early (my HPTs were still faint yesterday, 6dpiui, but I didn't test today). When I did Clomid alone, all I had was an ultrasound on ovulation day during the first month to check that I was ovulating, with no followups whatsoever that cycle or cycles after. I would think Clomid/IUI would be different, but this was my first IUI and I did Gonal F injections so there was a ton more bloodwork & ultrasounds involved. Sorry I can't be of much help, but at the same time, I'd probably inquire to your doctor if you have questions. The internet isn't very helpful sometimes. ;-)
Me - 32
DH - 32
TTC #1 since 2011
Mommy to three sweet furbabies

HSG in early January
Clomid Round #1 late January Possible CP
Clomid Round #2 late February BFN
Clomid Round #3 late March BFN
Clomid Round #4 mid April BFN
Met with RE in August
FSH/IUI #1 Gonal F 300/Ovidrel in early September - BFN
FSH/IUI #2 Gonal F 225/Ovidrel in late September - BFN
FSH/IUI #3 Gonal F 225/Ovidrel in October (O'ed naturally with one IUI) - TWW
Skip42
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby lamisfh » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:02 pm

FutureBabyBee, i had trigger shot 1 day before iui and i have been on cyclogest 400 mg. same procedure as iui#1 except that last time i had shot 2 days before iui

Skip42, ya ur right ill just have to wait and hope AF doesn't show. i wont test today maybe ill wait till 16

spp5106, is this your first iui? cos i read that some doctors do it with no medications first time, i guess its better to contact your doctor and ask about the process because as skip said Internet sometimes is not helpful and you will get confused
lamisfh
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI