iui cycle buddy - trigger shot tonight, iui on Sunday

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

iui cycle buddy - trigger shot tonight, iui on Sunday

Postby aasnyder16 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:20 pm

Hey

This is going to be first iui! We've been trying for a little over a year with no luck. I was on 150 mg of clomid cd 2-6, menopur shot cd 7. Went in for ultrasound today and they saw 2 follicles om the right side 19.5 and 15. I'll be doing the trigger shot tonight and then iui on Sunday. Hubby sperms count is normal. Just looking for a cycle buddy and prayers!
aasnyder16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: iui cycle buddy - trigger shot tonight, iui on Sunday

Postby FutureBabyBee » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:48 am

We had our 3rd IUI September 5th. I did a combo too with Femara and Follistim. Sending support and prayers your way!!
Me- 26 dx PCOS, Hypothyroid
DH- 31 dx Low motility and morphology
TTC #1 for 4 years

IUI 1: Femara 5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 9 million post wash BFN
IUI 2: Femara 7.5 mg, ovidrel, 1 mature follicle/ 13 million post wash BFN
IUI 3: Femara 7.5 mg, Follistim 75iu 5-9, 3 mature follicles/ 25 million post wash BFN
IUI 4: Femara 7.5 mg, Gonal F, Poor response, cancelled.

IVF: July 2016
FutureBabyBee
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MommyP » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:10 am

Hello ladies, I've been quietly stocking this forum and reading your stories. This is my first time ever posting.... I'm 34 and the DH and I have been TTC with no luck since Nov 2014. As per me RE we have no issues at all...just egg and sperm not meeting up as we wish they would. July and Aug we did a round of Clomid & trigger shot with timed intercourse....BFN the first time and AF came the second time before I even got to test. This month we have decided to give IUI a try. I'm on Clomid 50mg cd 5-9 and Ovedril (self administered last night). Insemination is tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it but dread the TTW. I wish you ladies tons of baby dust as we wait out the next two weeks.
MommyP
Friend

Postby Danni_Stone » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Aasnyder, I also had my ovidrel trigger on 9/11 and my IUI on Sunday! :D I took Femara CDs 3-7 and the day of my IUI, I had two follies on my right ovary, 23mm and 19.5. The nurse said my DH had a great count, 65mil, though I have no idea what the avg is, so I just took her word for it lol How have you been feeling since? I had some tough cramping the day of the IUI, it wasn't exactly period like cramps, but bloated and achy for sure. It lessened quite a bit the next day, but the bloated feeling with some twinges here and there hasn't gone away completely. I hope that's a good sign! :D

GL and Baby Dust ladies! :D
TTC#1 since August '06 / Me: 34 / DH: 36 / 1 Furbaby Jasper
Danni_Stone

Postby MommyP » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:22 pm

@Danni_Stone.....I had the same bloated feelings since Sunday (the insemination). My uterus was also a bit sore, even to the touch. It's gotten much better over the past few days. Nothing of consequence to report....I am almost driving myself crazy and this is just day 4 in our TWW. Thinking of going to $tree over the weekend to stock up on HPTs. The thing is... if I do stock-up I will be tempted to test and I know it will be way too early and I will get disappointed if it's a BFN. There’s no winning here.
Next week will be a busy week for me at work since we will be holding our National Sales Meeting Tuesday to Thursday, so hopefully I’ll be too busy to think much about it. G*d help me/us until then.
Always the best of wishes to all.
MommyP
Friend

Postby aasnyder16 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:39 am

So glad to find all you guys here! I don't feel so alone anymore lol.
Dannie
I'm also on progesterone supplements which I started a couple days ago. Ever since I started I've been super tired and the cm is like ways too much (sorry tmi). I also have weird cravings.... I usually crave sweets during my normal 2ww but right now I'm just craving spicy food. Not sure what to blame since I have so much hormones in my body. But I get a good support from dh so that makes everything much better! And yes I am also moody.

How are you guys feeling?

Hoping and praying for bfps for all of us!
aasnyder16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MommyP » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:41 pm

@aasnyder16 So far so good. For this cycle I was on the Clomid 50mg cd 5-10 then trigger shot. My RE indicated my ovaries are responding well to this strength as we are getting 2 or more eggs since I started on medication. As such, I don’t think I have experience any mood swings…just the crazy hot flashes from the medication (I haven’t experience any other side effect). Today is 5 days post IUI so I’m super excited going into the weekend as Sunday will mean one week down and one week left to go.
Stay strong ladies and let’s get through this 2nd week together!!
MommyP
Friend

Postby Danni_Stone » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:42 am

6dpiui... Looking back the week didn't seem THAT bad, but still feels like it's dragging at the same time. Can't say I feel any different, at least not yet. Still feeling aches on/off and my lower back is usually sore when I first wake up, though maybe that's just a change in the weather. I suppose we can start feeling preggo symptoms starting today though right? The avg implantation time is 6-12dpo?
Danni_Stone

Postby aasnyder16 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:31 am

Hey ladies

Hoping and praying we will get our bfps soon. As for my symptoms, my stomach has been feeling funny the last 2 days.... light cramps esp at night and mild sour stomach. I could feel it and it kept me from sleeping. Can't say much about other symptoms though....

good luck and keep me posted!
aasnyder16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby MommyP » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:10 am

I had a similar feeling a ctwo nights ago...last night I started having sore boobs. A little earlier than I can remember from previous months. Nothing's else to report. I have been obsessively checking the days on my cycle tracker. Things seems to be moving in slow motion, still six more days to go before we can test. I'm keeping fingers crossed for all of us.
MommyP
Friend

Postby Danni_Stone » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:39 pm

Hey ladies!

Today I was seriously nauseous and tired, and the BBS seem to be joining the party now too. I suppose it could be the normal pre-mens blahness, but I want to be positive. I also felt a sharp pinch a few times yesterday and today.

I probably shouldn't, but I'm probably gonna test wednesday 10dpiui since every time I've ever been preggo that's the earliest I got my BFP. That and the nurse said the Ovidrel should be out of my symptoms 10 days from the shot and that's tomorrow. I'm not gonna stress myself by holding back :P
Danni_Stone

Postby countmein » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:04 pm

hi all-

On my 2nd IUI now. Took 50mg clomid days 5-9 and was going to trigger but the weirdest thing happened; during my ultrasound my RE literally witnessed the ovulation happening to one 22mm follicle on right. there was also one more on the left at 19mm. He said he'd never actually seen it happen in 30 years of practice. Hopefully this is my lucky egg:) We inseminataed an hour later and hopefully there'll be two targets... I have been feeling really run down the past two days but I'm taking progesterone suppositories and just read it can make you tired? I am not one to over obsess with 'feeling' pregnant because its just too heart breaking so I'm not going to even bother with early preg tests. Last month was a super head-f#@k because the trigger and booster shots had me thinking i was bfp from 13dpo to 15dpo when I think i got my af but my re said it could have been miscarriage.. I just have no idea. Beware the fake bfps to anyone getting booster hcg shots. I just want to know what the hell is happening in there?!! 18 million sperm and two big @ss follicles! WTF!! attack lil spermies!!!!!

Good luck to all !
me = 35, wifey =33
endometriosis
ttc since 9/2013
14 donor sperm ICI cycles
1st IUI with just trigger 8/2015 BFN
2nd IUI with clomid no trigger 9/2015
IVF: 11/9: retrieved 8 mature, 6 badass embryos fertilzed
11/12: fresh cycle- transfer 2 grade A embryos/ hatched,
On progesterone/ estradiol
11/20: bfp on dollar store cheapie:)
11/24: 1st beta is 153 :)
11/27: 2nd ...
countmein

Postby Lj13 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:06 am

Hello Ladies! Seems like I'm on track with most of you. Had my IUI done Tuesday 9/15, and am now in the middle of the dreaded 2ww.:/. Been working to test out the shot, and still have a faint positive line today. Hoping that line gets darker from now on. Prayers for all. Keep updating!!!
Lj13

Postby aasnyder16 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:21 pm

Hey ladies,

All of your symptoms sound promising! As for me, I ran a low grade fever (99.16 F) yesterday and my whole body ached. I had to take Tylenol and today I feel fine besides this continuing heartburn :( my nipple also start to get sore (and mine never got sore during this time). I also am very sleepy and tired. Again I read that this maybe the side effects of progesterone suppositories.... ah this 2ww is making me crazy!

How are you feeling?
aasnyder16
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lefpops » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:23 pm

Lj. We are cycle buddies. I too had iui 9/15. How are you feeling? My boobs are swollen and sore like last cycle from the hcg and progesterone. I'm pretty moody. When are you going to start testing?
Lefpops

Next

Return to IUI