What CD was your IUI and how long is your cycle?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

What CD was your IUI and how long is your cycle?

Postby amma15 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:14 am

I apologize if this topic was already posted a bunch of times, I'm new to the forums and this is my first IUI

The uncertainty in the process has become a little frustrating, my cycles are irregular to begin with but I thought with the injections we would have a little more control over that. I'm on 112.5 IU follistim and today was my CD 10 ultrasound and blood work. Even though I have lots of follicles I'm not showing any dominant ones and the nurses were hesitant to give be a ballpark date (I'll hear from the doctor later today but I doubt he'll tell me anything different).

I was hoping to be able to travel next weekend for a friends bridal shower (which will be CD 18-20), and in pre-anticipation of the IUI date I requested off work CD 16-17. So now I'm thinking I should probably tell work I'll be there CD 16 (I'm an independent contractor, when I don't go in I don't get paid)-which is 6 days from now...and I guess I"ll probably be missing my girlfriends bridal shower. Thank God I didn't book airfare yet-which I almost did last night.

So my question ladies is what day what your IUI and how long are your cycles normally?
TTC since 12/2014
IUI #1
9/23 CD 1
9/25 CD 3 started Follistim 75
amma15
Friend

Re: What CD was your IUI and how long is your cycle?

Postby spp5106 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:44 pm

Hi Amma -- last month was my first IUI cycle, and my IUI was day 14. The total cycle was 27 days (unfortunately not successful). I typically have 27-29 day cycles and ovulate on day 13 or 14 so my IUI cycle wasn't much different from non-medicated ones.

Good luck! The unpredictability of this is so hard -- I had to make up some excuses as to why I couldn't go on a business trip next week right when I think my IUI will be. I really empathize with what you're going through!
spp5106

Postby amma15 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:49 pm

spp5106 wrote:Hi Amma -- last month was my first IUI cycle, and my IUI was day 14. The total cycle was 27 days (unfortunately not successful). I typically have 27-29 day cycles and ovulate on day 13 or 14 so my IUI cycle wasn't much different from non-medicated ones.

Good luck! The unpredictability of this is so hard -- I had to make up some excuses as to why I couldn't go on a business trip next week right when I think my IUI will be. I really empathize with what you're going through!

Thank you for the information! My last cycle was actually 38 days but my cycle is all over the place. Yes we have decided to not tell too many people that we're going through this process, and so yes I've been making some excuses up or just been flaky. I haven't told my friends that I might not be making it to my hometown for the big shower, only one of my homegirls knows about the IUI and I just don't feel like explaining it to everyone. I told my friend who I was going to share a hotel with at the conference that it doesn't look like I'm going to be make it and she took it pretty well, she understood that trying to start a family is the priority.

Have you had success yet?
TTC since 12/2014
IUI #1
9/23 CD 1
amma15
Friend

Postby spp5106 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:05 pm

Not yet -- going in for my 12 day scan on Monday and then hopefully IUI #2 shortly thereafter. When is your next ultrasound? What did you decide about attending the shower?
Me and DH: both 33. No known cause of infertility.
TTC since Sept 2014.
BFP in Nov 2014 but ended in MC at 7.5 weeks.
IUI #1 Sept 2015: BFN.
IUI #2 Oct 2015.
spp5106

Postby amma15 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:09 pm

spp5106 wrote:Not yet -- going in for my 12 day scan on Monday and then hopefully IUI #2 shortly thereafter. When is your next ultrasound? What did you decide about attending the shower?

So my next ultrasound is Monday which will be CD 13. I'm hoping they'll be able to give be a better idea on the date!! I still have no idea if I'll be going to this bridal shower this weekend or not :(

Good luck in IUI2, keep me updated!
TTC since 12/2014
IUI #1
9/23 CD 1
amma15
Friend

Postby Seelie » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:35 am

If I remember correctly mine was done on CD13. My regular cycles are from 25-28 days.
You may need a few more days of meds but a dominant follicle should show up on your next ultrasound.
If it doesn't I am guessing they will need to increase your medication.
Do you have PCOS by any chance? I know lots of ladies with that get lots of follicles but very few mature ones.
Ist IUI June 2011 - BFP!
9w :angel:
2nd IUI Oct 2011 - :bfp:
DD born 25th June 2012
TTC #2
:angel: April 2013
:angel: June 2013
:angel: October 2013
Have stopped TTC as heartache was too much.
ImageImage
Seelie
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to IUI