First IUI in December...

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: First IUI in December...

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Hey ladies.

Bluebird, I LOVE Revere Pewter!! I have that paint color in my upstairs hallway!! Its such a beautiful gray - its warm but not too beige looking. I haven't seen Pashmina but it looks more like a true gray. We have very similar taste! haha I would agree that you could do something better than green vinyl for your ranch. Ranches are close to the ground, so I would go with a color that makes it pop! I've been addicted to HGTV also. Did you hear about the "love it or list it" lawsuit?!? What a scandal! Otherwise, I hope that you are feeling better now that you are on the meds again. Sometimes its wonderful to take a break from it all and feel normal! When do you check your next HCG?

DG, I didn't realize that private adoption is so much money!! Eeeeeek! If you go forward with waiting until you get full coverage for IVF, then you will have some savings for adoption at least. They certainly don't make things easy to have babies, thats for sure. I myself would try to go with private adoption with parents giving up willingly. You never know what kind of people you are dealing with when the adoption is involuntary - could they turn into crazy stalkers, or would you be anonymous? Otherwise, what CD are you now?

TJ, are you ready for your ultrasound?!? Mine's tomorrow also, and I'm already anxious for it. Please keep us posted.

Well, I did the gender reveal thing this weekend. It was funny because just before the reveal, my aunt said "I hope its PINK" lol and I'm thinking to myself.. NOPE haha They are happy for us all the same. We decided to name our son Thomas, Tommy for short. Do you like that? Otherwise I played hostess for DH's family this weekend. I'm not very good at it, I guess it comes with practice? I'm not good at being little miss 'social.' I analyze myself afterwards and think I should've changed things. DH was helpful though. :)
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Bluebird67 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 4:31 pm

Scarlett! Ahhh! I really love the revere pewter too! I haven't been keeping up with "Love it or list it". It's not my favorite show, but DO TELL! What happened? So glad that your gender reveal went well and Thomas is a great name! Its formal with "Thomas", but "Tommy" is a laid back nickname. You nailed it!

I had another Beta today... 40.71. The Dr is having me come in to do an endometrial biopsy on Wed. I read about it online and it seems unpleasant, WebMd said that they use a clamp on the cervix and numbing solution injected into the cervix via needle, then they poke round in the uterus with a pipette. Ugh. I am NOT HAPPY.

How is everyone doing?
Me- 31- PCOS
DH -33 - Perfect <3

TTC #1
IUI #1 January 24/25 2016 - 2.5 mg Femara cd 3-7, Ovidrel, HCG Chemical pgn... BFN
IUI #2 March 28/29 2016 - 2.5 mg Femara cd 3-7, 5mg Femara cd 18-22, 7.5 mg Femara cd 36-40, Ovidrel hCG 3, then 11, then 7. Chemical pgn ... BFN
Bluebird67
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tjdavidstone » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:09 pm

Hey ladies! Hope everyone's having a good day!

Scarlet, How'd your u/s go today? Mines not until tomorrow. I'm glad the gender reveal went well! I REALLY dislike hosting, I'm not good at it and all I do is stress out and I don't feel relaxed at all, so I feel ya! That's so funny about your aunt, I would have been giggling to myself. I love Thomas/Tommy, great choice! My co-worker named their baby girl Tommy, pretty risky if you ask me but she's a cutie pie so she'll be able to pull it off haha.

Bluebird, Do they have any idea what's going on with your hcg numbers? That's so bizarre! That endometrial biopsy does not sound fun, hopefully it'll be pain free, quick and easy! You've gone through enough.

DG, How were your classes this weekend? Adoption has so many different routes and they all have their ups/downs. I have a friend that's a foster parent and they planned on adopting their first child that way, the father was a 19 year old convicted sex offender and NEVER showed up to any of their scheduled visits or trials and the little girl wasn't allowed to be with him alone, so they all thought they had this in the bag and she would be theirs, but then for SOME REASON he came to ONE visit at the end and now he has FULL custody of her. It's truly sickening, the system is broken. Also just to give you a little relief, remember that most IVF cycles will give you numerous embryo's that you will have left to freeze and a FET cycle is MUCH MUCH MUCH cheaper. So while IVF is sooo expensive it's almost like it covers at least 2-3 cycles/tries.

Well I can not wait any longer for it to be tomorrow afternoon! I'm so so so excited but equally as nervous I just need it to happen already, I'm so impatient!
TTC #1 for 2 years
Me: 28
DH: 31- Severe MFI

IUI #1: 12/12/2015 w/ 100mg Clomid & Trigger ....BFN
IVF #1 ER 02/03/2016: Fresh transfer cancelled.
Premature Ovulation, Only 1 egg retrieved. Grade 5AB Embryo made it to freeze! :D
FET #1 Transfer on 3/29/2016.... BFP!!
9DP5DT Beta #1: 22
11DP5DT Beta #2: 87
13 DP5DT Beta #3: 315
04/27/2016: Heart beat 112!
tjdavidstone
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby DG123 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Hey ladies!

I'm back from the very boring adoption course with no information that could possibly have shocked me as an elementary school teacher haha all about how to deal with kids going through problems - nothing new for me to hear!

TJ - the system is very broken - that is why I will try private adoption first because it's the same in Canada - they do everything in their power to put babies back with their bio families, even if that means handing a baby over to a meth head!

Scarlett - I LOVE Tommy! If it helps you I have only ever taught cute Thomas' and Tommy's. That's how I base whether a name is a good one or not - have I taught a crazy child with that name. All the Thomas, Tom and Tommy's I have had are sweethearts! Great choice!

Bluebird - my friend has endometriosis and has complained about the biopsy before - just said it's super uncomfortable and crampy. I hope it goes well, nonetheless and that they find your some answers.

AFM - Today is CD23 and I've been spotting yesterday and today. I usually get my AF between Day 24-26 so it seems to be coming right on cue! I always try to keep my hopes up that it's implantation bleeding but it never pans out haha! But tomorrow I am going back to acupuncture to start my first cycle following their routine -don't know how much I believe in it (though I like it a lot so it can't hurt!)
TTC #1 for 26 cycles :doh:
DH: 29
MFI
IUI #1 - Menopur & hCG trigger - IUI December 12, 2015 - BFN
IUI #2 - Menopur & hCG trigger - IUI February 1, 2016 -BFN
IUI #3 - Menopur & hCG trigger - IUI February 26, 2016 - BFN
Next step: IVF
DG123
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby tjdavidstone » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:52 am

Hey ladies!

The ultrasound went well today and everything looks good! We were able to hear the heartbeat, 112! I just about started bawling uncontrollably at that moment but was some how able to keep control. Our next appt. is May 10th, she said we'll be able to see little arm buds by then so yay! Something to look forward to.

DG, I'm so curious about acupuncture, let us know how it goes! How often will they have you going once your treatment cycle starts? I laughed a little when you were talking about all the Thomas/Tommy's you've taught, I have a close friend that's due in the beg. of June and she just now decided on a name bc she too is a 2nd grade teacher and needed something that wasn't a past student or possible new students name!

Scarlet & Bluebird, How are y'all doing?
TTC #1 for 2 years

Premature Ovulation, Only 1 egg retrieved. Grade 5AB Embryo made it to freeze! :D
tjdavidstone
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:37 pm

Hey ladies.

Sorry for the lateness. It's been very, very busy at work and things have been crazy generally.

TJ, YAY for the heartbeat!!! YAYAYAYYAYAYA!! That is wonderful!! Its the most beautiful sound in the world! 2 more weeks for another ultrasound. Same for me, actually. Looks like we have the same appointment dates this time around. How are you feeling otherwise? Any morning sickness or other symptoms?

DG, let us know how the acupuncture goes! I'm curious to hear about it. I heard that its very relaxing and I always wanted to try it for stress relief generally. How did the adoption class go recently?

Bluebird, I'm praying for you on the biopsy!!! FX FX FX that it goes well and its not painful! Please let us know how you are doing and feeling! As for the "love it or list it" lawsuit, apparently there was a complaint filed that the crew did a crappy job with low quality materials, and the contractors were not paid properly. Gossip!! And I love that show - so disappointing.

AFM, I have some good news and some bad news. Good news is that DH's genetic screening came back and the baby has no chance of developing any rare diseases for which we are carriers. Yay! What a RELIEF! Bad news is that DH has gene issues and has to be tested further for his own health. He may have one of the diseases on the panel without even knowing it! So now DH has to meet with a geneticist to go over the results and do further testing for himself. :( Ugh...so now I have to worry about DH too. Really sux. Other than that debacle, we had such crappy communication with the doctor's office that I am switching OBs now in the middle of the pregnancy. I am meeting with another OB next week to see if I like him. The drama continues.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby DG123 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:34 pm

Hey Ladies,

TJ - I forgot to say thank you about the advice for IVF - I appreciate knowing that each cycle I pay for could last a few tries. Ontario now covers one IVF treatment per lifetime. So At least that one 'free' treatment could last me a few tries too, depending on what I decide to do. My DH and I go back and forth on it all of the time. We decided to take a month to think about it and not make any rash decisions.

Scarlett - Sorry to hear about your DH. What genetic condition do they think he has? I have a rare genetic blood disorder called "Protein C Deficiency" which basically means that my blood is deficient in the protein that prevents it from clotting, which sounds scary but it really just means I have to take an aspirin a day and need to exercise a bit more to keep my blood flowing, but I do have family members who have died from complications related to blood clots (they were older, but still!). I always think about how I have a 50/50 chance of passing it to my future child, if I have a bio one of my own. It's a scary thought! I hope your DH has something manageable like that. I will keep my fingers crossed for everything to go well.

AFM - AF reared her ugly head today and is attacking me with a vengeance!! I am having one of the worst periods I can remember in recent times. Guh!
Acupuncture is amazing. I recommend it highly for stress relief, although it is a bit pricey (and not covered in Ontario) - I pay about $100 a session (for one hour - man she must make a killing) but honestly, for the amount of stress relief it provides me the money is totally worth it! I am totally not a 'holistic' or 'homeopathic' type. I fully believe we progressed from ancient medicine to Western medicine for a reason haha but this acupuncture has changed my tune. I don't know what it is and if someone else told me about it I would say "It's all in your head, you want it to work so it works" but I am completely pessimistic about it and it still works on me, so I am totally converted haha! I talked to her about my infertility yesterday and she gave me some herbs to take pre-ovulation that are supposed to help with implantation. Like I said, I'm a skeptic, but there's no harm in trying. I've already done the real hormones and they didn't work, so may as well try this out! Going back one or two days after ovulation time for more poking and prodding haha. If you are wondering or concerned about it at all, the needles do not hurt. Maybe a slight pinch when they go in but then you can't feel them at all. It's all so weird and voodoo-like but it's so relaxing for reasons I can't explain.

Also - DH is going in for a 'more specific' sperm test at our new RE's office next Friday. He is so frustrated that he hasn't been asked to do this test (whatever it is - we don't know the details) before now he has been walking around here in such a mood about it. Regardless, maybe it will shine some light on our issues. Who knows. Just trying to keep in good spirits.
MFI
DG123
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby minifeathers » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Hey Girls!

Sorry for not haven taken the time to post lately. I have been coming to read in once in a while, but I have been trying to not think about all this too much.

TJ-Congrats congrats congrats!!! I'm soo happy for your good news :)
DJ- Good luck for the adoption process. I didn't realize that a private adoption in Canada was so expensive.

Last month they cancelled by IUI again because the rules had changed for Zika from 2 months to 3....I was very disapointed as my first IUI is back in december and I'm still waiting for my 2nd chance!!

Finally, they are letting me do it this cycle! :) Today is my day 12, went for first ultrasound and unfortunately I had nothing remotely near mature follicles. I told the DR that I felt the nausea with the clomid day 3 to 7 this month but no cramping... They are having me wait another 5 days before next ultrasound.... if no change, they will give me more medications. Sucks as last time they had me start the ovulation on day 14.
I'm going to call monday and make an appointment for acupuncture. I think I need it!
TTC #1 for 2 years
Me: 30 with PCOS (yay)
Husband: 34 great sperm count & motility, morphology issue

1st IUI 12/20/2015
with clomid & ovidrel -> hoping for BFP!
minifeathers

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:36 am

Hey ladies.

minifeathers, YAY for your second try for the IUI!! What is your dosage of Clomid? When do you typically O? I usually O late also, so I understand the frustration with it. I hope your follicles mature asap! Let us know about the acupuncture.

DG, I'm sorry about AF :( but maybe the heavier AF is a good sign that the acupuncture is doing its job? Any change in your cycle could show that the acupuncture is doing something good for you. Do you take the herbs like a tea to help with implantation? I always wanted to try it out. What kind of different sperm test are they doing for your DH? I thought just an SA, and thats it? I didn't know that there were other tests available.

TJ, how are you feeling? How many weeks are you now?

Bluebird, are you feeling better now that you are on your much-needed break?

AFM, the carrier report shows that DH may have cystic fibrosis. He has no symptoms whatsoever (no pulmonary problems, no pancreatic problems, no sinus problems). I think that he's just a carrier, but they need to check him out further to know for sure. DH's dad is going to get carrier tested as well. Its just a whole lot of stress that we don't need right now lol. DG - I'm sorry about the protein deficiency, but it sounds like you have it under control. Hopefully the 50/50 shot is in your favor! Otherwise, I'm meeting with a new OB today to see if I like him better. I have a family event this Saturday and then Mother's day on Sunday - it'll be a busy weekend for sure.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby tjdavidstone » Wed May 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Hey ladies!

Mini! Good to have you back! Do they do any testing for the Ziki virus or just wait it out to see if you show any symptoms? Your next ultrasound is tomorrow right? let us know how it goes, I hope you have some serious progress and good news. I love that you do acupuncture too! I totally believe it works even though I've never tried it. There's a girl I watched on Youtube that always had unpredictable cycles and she started doing acupuncture and she swears it helped her become regular.

Scarlet, cystic fibrosis? that's scary, I'm glad he doesn't have any symptoms of it and I hope he's just a carrier. If he just a carrier than there's no treatment or anything you have to worry about in the future right? I hope your new OB meeting went well and you liked him! I'm sure switching right now isn't the easiest but I hope it's a smooth transition. I'm glad to know that you CAN change if you want to, I always figured once you chose one you were kinda stuck with them haha

DG, I agree with Scarlet about AF being heavier. I bet it's from the acupuncture and is most likely a good thing! Is your husband doing the DNA fragmentation and Y chromosome deletion tests? That's the additional test my husband took before we started IVF. I believe one was a blood test and the DNA one was a sperm test and it takes FOREVER to get back bc they'll most likely have to send it to a different location. More waiting! I wouldn't be concerned about it and don't let your husband be concerned. I think it's just a step they suggest when you get to the point you're at just to rule things out.

Bluebird, How are you doing? You've been quiet.

AFM, tomorrow I will be 8 weeks! I still feel basically normal so I guess I'm lucky. I wonder since I'm taking all my hormones and not producing any of them if that's why I'm not really feeling sick or anything? who knows. My doctor said that I'll stop taking the estrogen and progesterone at 9 weeks which really freaks me out bc everyone else that I read take theirs until 10-12 weeks. I still have a 2 week kit of progesterone suppositories so I might ask if I can just take those after I stop the shots to ease my mind. We plan on having a Kentucky Derby party at our house on Saturday and then we're going to my mom's on Sunday so we too will be busy bees!
TTC #1 for 2 years

tjdavidstone
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby minifeathers » Wed May 04, 2016 3:41 pm

Hey ladies!

I went for my 2nd ultrasound this morning. Good news, I have 3 follicles. Not so good news, they are tiny. 3rd ultrasound scheduled for sunday morning. Argh so long this cycle and since yesterday I am having CRAZY nausea!!
Going for my first acupuncture appointment tomorrow evening. Gotta stimilate those follies because apparently the medication was not enough. I'll tell you guys how it went.
So far all I know is don't put skinny pants! Lol

DG - i've seen a difference in my period since I have been taking metformin. So I would believe that the acupuncture is ahowing there too.

TJ & Scarlet - What are your due dates? Did you guys start on the rooms yet? My second room here is empty since we bought the house 3 years ago. We were waiting to get pregnant before we did some decorating in it.. cant wait for that. Right now it's my great dane Muchachas room. ;)
TTC #1 for 2 years
Me: 30 with PCOS (yay)
Husband: 34 great sperm count & motility, morphology issue

1st IUI 12/20/2015
with clomid & ovidrel -> hoping for BFP!
minifeathers

Postby anadreams1 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:40 pm

Hey ladies!!

I hope you all don't mind me jumping into your forum. I recently had my first IUI and am in the TWW. I noticed you all lovely ladies started posting in December and now I'm seeing a lot of you have gotten your BFP. I was just wondering if I could get a brief description for anyone who is willing to share how many treatments it took to get BFP. Also, if any of you were on Follistim, ovidrel trigger along with IUI? :) Anyways, would greatly appreciate any sort of feedback. I couldn't get myself to read all the posts made. So thought I would ask.
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby DG123 » Wed May 04, 2016 5:57 pm

Hey ladies -

Welcome back Mini - I hope this cycle goes well for you from this point forward! Did you have to get tested for Zika or did they just wait as a precaution? I read your note about skinny pants - I honestly just wear my work clothes to accupuncture and she just does her think around them, but I'm sure it's better to be comfortable (I go straight from work!) I hope you like it. My lady does breathing exercises with me that chill me right out. She's a wizard, I swear. and then we do the needle thing but at that point my body is so relaxed I don't even notice the needles. I actually love it so much. I wish I had tried it earlier just for stress relief. If it also helps my cycles, all the better.

Scarlett - I hope your DH is just a carrier for it, and that baby is fine. I'll be thinking of you. That's a lot of stress to add to your pregnancy. Try not to let it impact your mental health!

TJ - I think they should just let you take the meds if it's helping - but I'm not a doctor so go with what they say haha!

AFM - on cd7. I'm taking herbs along with my acupuncture. It's not a tea (I've tried raspberry leaf tea in past and it did nothing for me). The chinese herbs I'm taking are called "Dang Gui" and I don't know if they are helping but we'll see. You take them until ovulation then stop, so when my OPK's indicate a surge I will stop and then I go back to the acupuncturist.
I had a baby shower this weekend for a friend - it was fun despite all the hard feelings. Though I try not to drink, I helped myself to a glass of wine to take the edge off. Have one more next weekend to get through (my sister-in-law who doesn't talk to me anymore because I didn't like her Christmas pregnancy announcement). Should be... underwhelming...
DH's sperm test is likely the one you talked about TJ. Honestly my DH got no information about it. They just said to look at 'more specifics' and he said sure and booked an appointment haha! At this point he wants there to be something wrong with his sperm so we can look at donor sperm or some other option (don't know how I feel about that - cross that bridge if it's necessary). He's like all of us - he just wants some answers!
Anyways, thinking of you ladies :)
MFI
DG123
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu May 05, 2016 9:45 am

Hey ladies.

DG, hmm never heard of Dang Gui, but I say go for it! Especially if the acupuncturist had success and seems to know what he/she is doing.

I'm sorry about the baby shower getting you down :( That is really, really hard. The last baby shower I went to in the fall I definitely downed more than 1 glass of wine, but I didn't care. There was 100+ people there anyway (I know, more like a circus!) and I snuck out early. And with your second one coming up this weekend, its a lot to handle in a short period of time. At least it'll be over and done with fast and you can concentrate on your own O time now. Your sister-in-law was very insensitive, I remember, so I would just take deep breaths and pretend you on a beach for 3 hours lol

I hear you about the sperm analysis thing - I'm glad your husband is open to whatever they ask.

mini, I'm sorry that your follicles are still small - that is so frustrating! I hope the acupuncture works for you - how did it go?? I haven't worked on a baby's room yet - I'm taking my time and looking at different ideas, which is nice and relaxing. I have a contractor coming in to do big stuff (replace walls, radiators, molding), but I haven't decided for sure on colors yet.

anadreams, Welcome! :) I hope we bring you good luck here! For me, it took 2 IUI tries to get pregnant, and I was on Clomid (which didn't work - no response), Femara, and then Ovidrel trigger. The first IUI was on HCG trigger not Ovidrel, but I don't think it made a difference. I will probably go with injectibles when we try again. I hope you have a not-too-stressful TWW, because TWW after IUI can be really brutal.

TJ, 8 weeks already?? My goodness! You are so lucky for feeling good in your first trimester. You will need to have a ticker soon on your profile so that I can watch your progress. I can understand you being scared about stopping progesterone, but I'm sure your doctor knows what he is doing. Keep us posted on your status! Are you doing the panorama test at 12 weeks?

Bluebird, thinking of you!

AFM, I have two big events this weekend - my cousin's communion and mother's day. My sister is doing her gender reveal also (she is having boy/girl twins) on mother's day. I can't tell you how large her ego has expanded since she is having her "ideal" boy and girl in one shot. I just hope my little boy doesn't get lost in the crossfire or get ignored - I will definitely make a scene if that happens. Otherwise I'm waiting for my next ultrasound and for DH's test results. Lots of waiting around.
TTC #2

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby DG123 » Mon May 09, 2016 4:59 am

Hey ladies,

Just thought I'd check in, though I have nothing new to report. The sperm test went well but we won't know the results until May 24th, so another wait. I took the Chinese herbs from the acupuncturist and honestly, my *peak* fertility day/LH surge was 2 days later than normal (I normally have shortish cycles of 25 days) so I'm hoping that is a sign that acupuncture is already helping my cycles out. It's cd12 and peak day today, so I'll be starting my TWW tomorrow.

Scarlett - I can't believe your sister is having one boy/one girl. That is my dream right now.... just to get it all over with in one go. But it irks me that it happened to her because she has been such a jerk. My sister-in-law hasn't found out what she is having but she wants a boy. It's all she talks about. Is sure she's having a boy. So naturally, my hubs and I are praying for a beautiful baby girl for them haha! I'm sure your little boy will be equally loved once he arrives. Your sister seems to like to live in the spotlight, so she's eating it all up right now, but babies are different and attention will certainly be shared. I can't see Grandparents favouring one grandchild over another (but then again, maybe it happens?) I hope not.

Thinking of everyone else - I will check in again soon!
MFI
DG123
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext