First IUI in December...

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: First IUI in December...

Postby minifeathers » Mon May 09, 2016 5:33 pm

Hello ladies!

Went for my 3rd ultrasound on Sunday and I have one maturing follicle (a bit dissapointed to have just one) at size 15. DR told me trigger tomorrow night for an IUI on thursday. During the US, ahe couldn't find my right ovary and she qas pushing sooo much it hurt to find it. Ever happen to any of you?
I'm trying to get another acupuncture on thursday but no call back yet.
To tell you the truth, it's kind of weird. You dont feel much except the stress points (forehead & feet). I don't think I did it right as I really dis not relax. I dont know about this...m but I'll go back becausw I'll take all the chances I get.

Tje DR also prescribed me Estrace (a hormone pill I think) to thiken the lining. It's a pill people usually take orally for menopause... but they are having me insert it inside my vagina at night (sorry if too vulgar)... Kinda weird. Makes me pee bluish. Anyone have that?

DG - good luck on your TWW. I'm joing you soon!

Scarlet- Twins usually keep more to themselves then other children, which means more than likely your child will have more interactions with your family then the twins who will have their own thing going on. Your son will probably be forging stronger bonds with your parents and other family members. Don't woŕry!

Hope to hear updates from all of you soon!
TTC #1 for 2 years
Me: 30 with PCOS (yay)
Husband: 34 great sperm count & motility, morphology issue

1st IUI 12/20/2015
with clomid & ovidrel -> hoping for BFP!
minifeathers

Postby DG123 » Thu May 12, 2016 5:33 am

Hello Minifeathers,

The board has been quiet this week but I wanted to send you a note to say Good Luck today! I'll be thinking of you :) and we can wait out this TWW together. My next AF is *supposed* to be on May 23, but so far acupuncture seems to have slowed everything down, so we'll see!
I know exactly what you mean about having one egg.. it only takes one but I always hoped they would report I had 4 haha just to up my chances.

Keep us up to date!
TTC #1 for 26 cycles :doh:
Me: 28
DH: 29
MFI
IUI #1 - Menopur & hCG trigger - IUI December 12, 2015 - BFN
IUI #2 - Menopur & hCG trigger - IUI February 1, 2016 -BFN
IUI #3 - Menopur & hCG trigger - IUI February 26, 2016 - BFN
Next step: IVF
DG123
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby minifeathers » Thu May 12, 2016 7:32 am

Hello ladies!

I am waiting at the clinic until they call me for my IUI #2. Hope this one is the one.

Went back to the acupuncture clinic yesterday, and I really liked this acupuncturist better. She explained me how it works and I felt like I actually relaxed during the treatment. Really hoped it helped.

I have another appointment on the 19th with the Dr to talk about poasible future treatments if this IUI and the next one dont work.

DG- i hope AF stays far far away and that this is it for you. Fingers crossed

D0PIUI for me.... 14 more to go
TTC #1 for 2 years

1st IUI 12/20/2015
minifeathers

Postby minifeathers » Sat May 14, 2016 10:41 am

Hello ladies!

How are you guys doing? Any updatea

Me : 2dpiui.... sooo long haha. No symptoms for me. At least nothing out of the ordinary that cant also be caused by the medication. One minute I think this is it finally out dream will come true and the next I think for sure this will not work. I wish I could keep the positive thoughts and that it could help.... but... :) + :(
TTC #1 for 2 years

1st IUI 12/20/2015
minifeathers

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Tue May 17, 2016 7:49 am

Hey ladies!

Its been a while. My boss is on vacation so I've been crazy, crazy busy at work. I haven't had time for a lunch break AT ALL.

mini, how are you feeling? Don't worry about the 'no symptoms'! lol symptoms are overrated I think. Keep thinking positive thoughts! TWW after IUI is really awful. Try to stay busy, but I know its hard. I'm so glad you found some stress relief with acupuncture! I definitely want to try it out sooner or later. A lot of ladies rave about it. Let us know what is decided after your doctor appointment on the 19th.

DG, how are things going with you? May 24th for the sperm test results? That sux. All this waiting for test results is really hard. I hope that the Chinese herbs work out for you this cycle! You never know what little thing you can do to make a difference! Your TWW is almost over!

TJ, how are you doing? Are you feeling good?

Bluebird, I hope your break is going really well!

Thanks for the advice on my sister's boy/girl twins and my fears about my son being ignored. I agree DG, I was hoping she'd have 2 girls so that she could understand what she put me through. However, I'm SURE that God has a plan to teach her something in life - maybe 1 girl is more than enough to give her a life lesson? We will see. I feel slighted a lot because she's having 2 and I'm having 1, but the more distance I take from her and other negative stuff, the better it is. I've picked the nursery room colors (light gray and baby blue) and I'm going to start looking into furniture soon. I'd rather get things done early so that the last few months are easy on me.

DH has his cystic fibrosis testing today, and I have an ultrasound tonight. I'll keep you posted on what happens - hopefully only good news! FX for your cycles this month! I hope your TWW goes by really, really FAST.
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby DG123 » Wed May 18, 2016 11:28 am

Hi Friends!

It is report card season over here in teacher land so I have also been swamped with work! I am trying to get on top of it but with everything else going on in life it is hard to stay above water.

I am on cd21 today, so I should see my AF on cd25/26 so keep your fingers crossed for a spot free weekend for me and a positive test on Monday! Still playing the waiting game for DH's sperm test results but hopefully they shed some light on our issues! Who knows though!

Minifeathers - I am hopeful that the IUI went well for you! Did they give you any message at IUI time or just proceed as normal? I always found some hope in them saying "looks good" or whatever but it never panned out so now I wish they had just said nothing haha!! I'm thinking of you!

Scarlett - Keep us posted on all of your results. I'm glad you can find some comfort in the distance - just keep to yourself as much as possible, I know that's what I do.

AFM I had my sister-in-law's baby shower on Sunday. Thank heavens it's over with, that's all I have to say. While things were normal between her and I, my mother-in-law decided to make a big scene by asking me to sit beside my sis-in-law while she opened her gifts. I declined and she INSISTED, even pulling up a chair. I held my ground and said NO rather firmly and the whole room was super awkward. Like, No, I'm good with some distance between me and the cutsie baby stuff and all the 'awwwwww'ing!! My Mother-in-law knows all about our struggles (as does the whole family) so why on earth would she think I'd want to be helping her open her gifts! So annoying. The first gift she opened was a baby onesie with our favourite sports team on the front and our last name on the back and everyone goo'ed, like "awww baby G, baby G" and I nearly burst into tears. Imagine if I had been right beside her with everyone's eyes on me? I would have been so embarrassed! They just don't get it sometimes. I apologized to my sis-in-law after (not that she deserves it) and told her that baby showers are a lot for me and I just couldn't sit right up there with all the baby stuff and she seemed to understand at least that. My Bro-in-law thanked me like 8 times for helping with everything, so I think at least he understands what his brother and I are going through... Gosh the family dynamics are so hard sometimes!
MFI
DG123
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby minifeathers » Fri May 20, 2016 4:10 pm

Hey ladies!!!

Scarlet - how did the tests go? Any reaults yet?

DG- im sending you positive energy over the QC-ON border so that you get your BFP on monday!!!

Me.... symptoms: I pee more oftem, even at night. Might be the estrace? Also today I had this PMS cramp today (7dpiui) .... maybe means nothing but maybe means something. TTW= over analyse every single thing you feel just to add to tje craziness of all of this haha! Next friday i'm supposed to test if I don't have by period yet.

Take care
TTC #1 for 2 years

1st IUI 12/20/2015
minifeathers

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Mon May 23, 2016 12:48 pm

Hey ladies.

mini, peeing more is always a good sign, and its hard not to overanalyze every single twinge that you feel. The TWW is almost over! You are on your home stretch!! Take a breather and think positive thoughts!

DG, any news today? Is today testing day? Let us know what happens with the sperm test.
I was reading about your shower and I am just APPALLED that your mother-in-law wanted you front and center for your sister-in-law's opening of gifts. I am just flabbergasted that she wouldn't think before insisting that you take part in this. Its hard enough to be there and to watch her opening up the gifts, but to be involved in the actual opening of them and have everyone's eyes on you right next to her? Ugh. I feel so terribly awful that you had to go through this, and I think you are very brave for putting up with it. For the baby shower I went to last year, I purposely sat far away from the mother so that I didn't see her opening her gifts - clearly your mother-in-law was not thinking when she asked so much of you. UGH. DG don't feel bad about getting upset at all, and I agree your sister-in-law did not deserve an apology. Ridiculous! That just made me mad.

Anyway, DH's first set of test results were good and he has no physical sign of CF, but he had to take a second test, a 'sweat test' where they take a sample of his sweat and test it for chemical problems. He tried this FOUR times and they couldn't collect a sample. He has to try again on Wednesday after shaving his arms lol Sooooo more waiting and hoping.

In other news, I officially switched doctors (yay) and my 20-week anatomy scan is next week. I'll be halfway cooked, so they say.
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby DG123 » Tue May 24, 2016 6:53 am

Hey Ladies,

We are heading in to get the results of DH's sperm test this morning. Put your positive vibes toward us that they have some answers! Also, bad news BFN and AF this morning too! UGH!! I'm so upset. But hopefully this new doctor + acupuncture will lead to good things this summer... got to keep a positive outlook...

Mini - I didn't know you were a Quebecois! We visit Montreal often, my favourite city (though I don't speak a word of French, so they don't overly like me there haha!!) Since my cycle didn't work out I'll turn my positive vibes toward you for this Friday!

Scarlett - thanks for the kind words - I honestly can't believe my mother-in-law sometimes. I think in her head she was like "I should include DG too" but like, ask me in private what I would like, don't shout it over the room. People just can't possibly understand. My mother-in-law used to tell the story of how she understands what we are going through because she wanted to have a baby in May so she could have a baptism in August when it's sunny and warm, but gosh, he didn't come along until August, and the baptism was in *gasp* October instead. Like wow you obviously get my journey, having to wait 3 whole months for a baby. Clearly the same thing. My DH told her never to tell that story again haha! I'm glad to hear you are settling in with a new doctor and I can't wait to hear about your healthy baby boy's scan next week and to hear how this 'sweat' test goes. Sounds interesting. I'm hopeful that he has no physical symptoms.

I'll catch you all up later on the results!
MFI
DG123
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby rubeyth » Tue May 24, 2016 3:57 pm

I'll admit that I haven't read all the 48 pages of posts, but I have read some. You guys are so aweusome to support eachother like that. I'm new to the infertility boards. We've been NTNP for almost 3 years and decided to see if something was wrong. Long behold there are a few issues. Want to know what's weird? When I was a little girl I always wanted to be a mom but I felt like I wasn't going to be able to. My mom said every woman has that fear, but not the ones I've talked to. Because of that I'm scared it will never happen. Even though we don't have big issues that I know of (I made a post about it all today). But it's like, why can some people be like "let's have a baby!" And then one try and there he is, when they haven't even graduated high school yet. But people like us are married, have houses and cars and good jobs and would give everything for morning sickness and the terrible woes of pregnancy, but can't get pregnant or have to work extra hard for it. Sorry for the rant. I just watch my nephew moved from place to place, parents splitting up and getting back together again and again... just now when he's almost 2 do they even have steady jobs.... when I could give a baby a stable and loving home :(
rubeyth
Friend

Postby minifeathers » Tue May 24, 2016 6:19 pm

Welcome rubyth!
I know what you mean. When I was on birth control but noy yet ready to start a family I used to be soo worried I would get pregnant. I would think look how worried I am and look at that maybe I cant evwn get pregnant. Still, when my husband and I decided it was the right time for us, I rold myseldlf, my mom got pregnant in 2 months, its hereditary i'm getting me a baby in 3 months..... now 3 years later... it sucks.
Everyone everywhere is getting pregnant. Family, friends, neighbors, strangers, even the inmates in prison in Orange is the new black.... the world is taunting us I tell you.
But then again, a few girls on thia thread got their BFP so it gives me a tiny hope thay maybe we are too.

DG - so sorry AF arrived :( That sucks!!!! Tell me if you see a difference in your cycle since accupuncture? How many sessions are you doing a week?

Me..... it feela like all my symptoms vanished with my last estrace pill. I had pinkish spoting yesterday when I wiped and I thought for sure I was going to start my period. Today nothing. To see tomorrow..... Since i'm obsessed I googled if 11dpiui was too late for implantation spoting and it isnt. Right now, i'm in the process of getting my hopes up... somebody stop me!!!!! For sure AF is coming..... if not I test friday
TTC #1 for 2 years

1st IUI 12/20/2015
minifeathers

Postby minifeathers » Wed May 25, 2016 10:50 am

Me again

Ok so yesterday I thought I was pregnant because no spotting. This morning I spotted somethibg clear with a tiny bit of blood so I thought I'm pregnant.

This afternoon.... cramps and AF just arrived.... no longer think I'm preganant.

Back to square 1! June will be a natural month as the timing for iui will be wrong for us. Natural means .00001% chance (comapred to the what 12% offered with IUI)

DG, our cycles follow each other closely. Will you get pregnant so that I can copy?
TTC #1 for 2 years

1st IUI 12/20/2015
minifeathers

Postby DG123 » Wed May 25, 2016 2:13 pm

Hey everyone and welcome Rubeyth!

Rubeyth - I know exactly what you mean... I had to go off birth control when I was 25 because I found out I had a genetic blood disorder that makes me more prone to blood clots and I fretted and fretted about getting pregnant before my wedding. Got married at 26 and have been trying for two years now with no luck. All that wasted time worrying about getting pregnant when it doesn't even happen. I am an elementary school teacher, with a nice home and my husband has a great job too and we constantly see people getting pregnant instantly who are in much less stable situations. It is beyond frustrating! Welcome to the club and I hope you feel like we can support you. All of my friends have gotten pregnant within 6 months of trying, and those that took a few years started earlier and are therefore pregnant now. My DH went out to play poker with some boys on Friday night, and I literally wracked my brain to find a girlfriend in the area who could go for a glass of wine with me and I have one. One friend who isn't pregnant or does not have a baby under a year old. She was busy so I sat at home alone and sulked over a solo glass of wine. If you ever feel alone like that, know I am right there with ya.

Mini - I'm so sorry you got AF - I would love to get preggo as a team here any month now! I'm on cd2 so we can hang together all month long haha!!

We got some news yesterday that was hard to take. After two years of trying, 1 year of testing, 3 failed IUIs and many, many tests, they finally did a more thorough analysis of DH's sperm, only to tell us that while he has loads of sperm and motility is great, the size is smaller than it is supposed to be. I'm wondering, Mini, if that is the same as a morphology issue? She didn't describe it that way she just said "size". But anyways hallejuah there's an answer finally!!! She explained that this issue lowers the rate of success in IUIs and that while IUI and natural conception is still a possibility our best chance is IVF with the sperm injected into the egg directly. So that is what we are going to do. We spent along time thinking about the money. (For rubeyth who is catching up, in Ontario IVF is covered once per lifetime (plus multiple embryo transfers if you get multiple embryos) but there is currently a 9-month waiting list for the process to start, of which I just added myself to the list in April, so looking at Jan/Feb for a fully-funded IVF cycle.) Now that I know our chances are so slim with IUI I am thinking the $$ is worth it to move that up to Aug/Sept which is what we are looking at with a paid cycle. If it doesn't work, I stay on the waiting list anyways and if it does, we can use the funded cycle for a second kid down the road. We did have to consider the money, obviously, its like $11000 here... but I figure if my car broke down tomorrow I'd have to buy a new one and we'd have to figure it out, so we will just budget accordingly and figure it out! Gah! Called today to see what the process is to start this up and they are going to call us back tomorrow or Friday with a plan! Here we go with a new and crazy journey to IVF.
MFI
DG123
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby rubeyth » Wed May 25, 2016 4:07 pm

Minifeathers - I am so sorry AF came :( ugh I was hoping for your bfp. One day it will happen for us all ♡

DG- I know what you mean, it's like I finally start looking into all this infertility stuff and now everyone I know is getting pregnant. Literally 3 people I know announced it within the last two weeks.And so sorry you have to move to ivf :( my husband only has 2.5% good morphology when they want them to have 4%. Makes me really worried we'll have to go that route one day and I don't think any part of it will be covered. And I heard something like $12,000! There are loans and other programs for it around here, but I'd hate to start out that much in debt! I hope you are able to do it soon and the first one is a go!

Me - We'll I am about to be 27 and DH is about to be 28. I'm glad I looked into it when I did, three years of no birth control and not ending up pregnant is kind of long enough lol. I use to just suffer in silence, I thought thinking about it so much was stupid. I still feel kind of dumb because everyone says not to torture yourself but here I am on these kinds of sites, and looking at baby stuff on pinterest all the time, and watching pregnancy reveals on couples with infertility issues. Wanna know something crazy? I got congratulated the other day when I told someone about the IUI stuff being our next move.... what??? When I talk to most people they are just so positive and happy we're doing all this... but to me it is sad. Sad we have to do it this way, sad it's not easy, and sad there is no garuntee. So I don't know how to respond when people are so excited. Maybe I'm just a negative Nancy.

One other note, I use to be terrified I would get postpartum depression after having a kid. My mom had it, and when I would watch nieces and nephews I was FURIOUS when they would wake me up in the middle of the night. I was so scared I'd be a terrible mom for a new born. Part of me thinks this is happening to me because God saw that and put me through this so I would learn to value a child. I feel like now that I would LOVE to be woken up by a crying baby. Because they would be mine and something I wanted so much and worked so hard for. And I'm not a hugely religious person. My baby will be so loved and I no longer worry about postpartum depression.

Sorry this post is so long. Baby dust all around!
rubeyth
Friend

Postby DG123 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:18 am

Hey Ladies,

I hope you are all doing well! It's a busy and beautiful time of year and I hope everyone is enjoying it!

Rubyeth - My DH is a morphology issue too and my RE told me that while there is a *chance* we can get pregnant naturally or through IUI, our best chance is to do IVF with the sperm injected directly into the egg... We are going for a consult for IVF on Wednesday now... planning to pay for it (all $11,000!) We are lucky to be in a solid financial position, however, we do not have $11,000 lying around in our mattresses so we will be strapped for quite a while because of this. But I personally can't waste anymore time and effort on trying or putting my body through IUIs when the chances are so slim. I totally get what you are saying. People in my circle are always like "these things work themselves out" and "One day you'll look back and this will just be a blip of your life". So positive but like, I just want to yell at them. My DH's family cannot talk about anything emotional or hard - they just put a spin on it and move on without letting you talk your feelings out and I find it hard to be around them. This morning we went to church and was asked why I wasn't my 'bubbly self' at my sister-in-law's baby shower last weekend and when I explained that we are having issues people who already knew literally walked away. He has like 3 supportive family members and it's super hard.

I personally do not have the belief set that "everything happens for a reason" (based on the events of my life, if I believed that I would be in a deep depression wondering what I did to deserve the life I've been given), so I can't really comment on your idea of postpartum depression except to say that I think if you look into your heart you know that your own baby will be different.... and if you have postpartum, doctors will help!
MFI
DG123
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

PreviousNext