Anxious...and feeling down

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anxious...and feeling down

Postby nadyaramlan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:18 am

I had IUI on Sunday and that's when my egg has gotten big enough (23mm with thick lining). Our doctor suggested to have intercourse two days before, which we did. I felt light cramp, bloated, and exhausted after IUI; but that only lasted for 2 days and now I'm back on my game and no longer feeling all those symptoms.

Today is day 5 post IUI, which we learned the implantation period. My husband was out of town right after IUI; hence we were unable to have intercourse and will make it up for it during this implantation period. Will that boost the chances to get pregnant or is it too late?

Also, is it normal not to feel anything after IUI, even when I take progesteron and metformin? I am afraid that IUI does not work this time because I feel ok.
nadyaramlan
Friend

Re: Anxious...and feeling down

Postby Jaime_P » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:04 pm

Hi Nadyaramian!
Don't get down! Your body needs your spirits to be positive. We are the same, 5 days Post IUI. Great question - does intercourse during this time really help implantation? I didn't know that if so! After IUI I didn't feel anything. Day 1 i had very dull and light cramping for a little bit.. nothing major. Same thing on the next day.. but nothing major. No other symptoms. Now I've spent most of the day googling "Will I feel the Implantation?"" lol... Hang in there !
Jaime
TTC 7 years without any formal treatments due to bad insurance until now
First IUI 11.11.15 unmedicated
BFN 11.24.15
Second IUI 12.12.15 unmedicated
Jaime_P
Friend

Postby nadyaramlan » Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Thanks Jaime. I'm so glad we're on the same boat. Phew...IUI is so expensive and I try not to blew it away. I guess I need to relax and enjoy it. Stay strong, Jaime! :)
nadyaramlan
Friend

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:13 pm

Just wanted to wish you ladies good luck and baby dust! My IUI isn't scheduled yet but I hope you have your Xmas miracles!
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Return to IUI