First IUI in January

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First IUI in January

Postby krh1105 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi there! My name is Kaitlyn, my husband and I have been TTC for almost three years now. I am 25 and he is 26, I have had an HSG which came back normal, 6 rounds of clomid ( ovulated each time) but no success, husband had SA they said everything looked great! I had blood work done in the beginning of December and everything came back normal! This month we are trying something different since everything is not working! :wink: I am on letrozole day 3-7 ,I go in next Wednesday the 6th for an ultrasound and then if everything looks good I will take ovidrel and have my first IUI! I'm a little nervous but excited to try something new! What is everyone's experience with letrozole/femera and IUI ? I am only on day 4 of my cycle, anyone is the same boat? :D
krh1105
Friend

Re: First IUI in January

Postby scarletWillow3086 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:21 am

Welcome Kaitlyn!

I'm in the same boat as you, but I'm near the end of my first IUI with letrozole days 3-7, trigger day 15, IUI day 16. If this is a bust, I'll be joining you on another lovely round of IUI!

The IUI itself was very easy, but the preparation in advance with follicle checks, DH abstaining, bringing the sperm to the office, etc was a hassle. The trigger gave me side effects (moodiness, cramping, sore boobs), but otherwise the TWW is just as awful as ever. Good luck! I hope you get your miracle this month!
TTC #2
Unexplained IF, Femara with Trigger/IUI

DS born 9/26/16 He's our little miracle!

Conceived naturally second time around! Very surprised! :omg:

scarletWillow3086
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ashlowry » Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:18 am

Hello! My name is Ashley. I'm 29, DH is 36. We have been trying to conceive on and off for about 10 years. Actively trying nonstop for 2. We have been through numerous rounds of clomid/femara/ovidrel. 1 round follistim/novarel. This cycle we will move on to iui with follistim/novarel. This will be out first go at iui so I'm a little nervous. I've had 2 HSGs the first was normal in 2010. Had lap in 2013. Another HSG last August showed cyst in my uterus and I had it removed in October of last year. I don't ovulate on my own and DHs sperm showed high viscosity which is the mucous around the sperm. The swimmers were above average! Currently I am taking Aygestin for 10 days to induce AF then I will begin follicle tracking and injections and hopefully iui later this month. I look forward to reading your updates and to see how things progress with yall!
Ashlowry

Postby dbliz » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Hi Ladies - mind if I join this thread? Hope to get advise as well from anyone that has done an IUI before. Today was my first IUI finally after 3 months of missing my surge and other schedule issues. DH and I have been trying to conceive for 1.5 years. Did tests in August HSG and SA for DH - all normal. Really my RE I started seeing then said we have unexplained infertility.

So today I finally had my first IUI (blood surge level yesterday was 22 and also trigger shot): Well we collected at home this morning at 8am. I was concerned as I looked that it was not enough in the cup. I was nervous. Start my car to get warm then went back in and stuck the cup in my bra and put my coat on. Hoping it stays warm enough. Get to office 10 mins later to drop off (only a mile away from home). I told the lady at front desk I was concerned there was not enough in the cup and I have my husband waiting at home if he should come in to try again. SHe showed it to the tech and she tells her its cutting it close! They will call me before the procedure if it is not enough. I pretty much lost it when I got in my car and started crying. I was so upset and it made my husband feel bad that its all his fault. I am working from home today and I made him stay home to b/c I didn't want to be alone if they called me and said we had to cancel. I was scheduled to go in at 11am. Before I knew it, it was time to go. I figured well if they didn't call then must of been good enough sample. They confirmed it was enough but post wash they like at least 10mil sperm and his was 6mil but motility was 85% which is good and morphology I think 9%. We did BD last night and the day before. They had me put down how many days its been and I said less than 1. Apparently we should of not BD for at least 2 days before the IUI to have a better count. Nurse said 6 mil post wash is still good. So, lay on the table they kinda tilt it up too which was odd. I read IUI doesn't really hurt just feels uncomfortable b/c of the clamp they use to open your cervix like when they do a PAP smear. Well that wasn't so bad what hurt and reminded me of the pain from my HSG test in August was when she put the catheter in and began injecting the sperm. It is mixed with saline in the tube. Anyways that hurt like someone was taking a large needle and poking around in my uterus! It was painful for a minute or so. Luckily I had my husband in there so I could squeeze his hand. I DID NOT EXPECT that feeling! There I was trying to visualize sperm meeting egg and Bam sharp pains. It wasn't unbearable but def. had to try not to tense up and take deep breaths. The nurse said its your uterus contracting b/c its not use to having that much in it at once. The solution must of been cool or something b/c I also felt a rush of it as she started flowing inside my uterus. That was weirdest feeling I ever had. That was before the sharp pain kicked in. I am fine now no pain. She told us to still BD today and tomorrow. So now we wait and see. Go back in 7 days for progesterone level check.

Baby dust to all!! Hope to see BFPs this month for all of us!! :)
TTC #1 Together (DH has a son 13 yo)
Me: 34
DH: 39
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
July 2015 DH SA 85.5 Mil, 52% Motility, 9% Morph
August 2015 Me HSG- tubes clear, first CD 3 baseline blood work and ultra sound - all normal, possible elevated FSH 10.3
August cycle no ovulation detected
09/15-07/15 - 7 rounds of clomid 50mg - 100mg timed BD and 2 IUI attempts
Taking a break
09/16 - Gonal f + IUI in progress....
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5e13c0/
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SmilingMrs » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:53 am

Hi ladies!! New to any forum of blog boards! Hoping to join the IUI chatter! I am 28, my husband 27. We are currently on our 2nd IUI. I am 5 days post IUI. Starting to get ancy waiting to find out if we will get a BFP!!

Any other ladies due for beta on the 22nd? Or bear there! Would love to have a tww buddy! Good luck & baby dust!
SmilingMrs

Postby dbliz » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:02 pm

Hi SmilingMrs! We are on the same schedule! I am 5DPO today as well. Beta will technically be 1/22 but I have a clomid check appt 1/21 with RE so I may ask for one that day. Did you use a trigger before your IUI? Any symptoms?
TTC #1 Together (DH has a son 13 yo)
Me: 34
DH: 39
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
July 2015 DH SA 85.5 Mil, 52% Motility, 9% Morph
August 2015 Me HSG- tubes clear, first CD 3 baseline blood work and ultra sound - all normal, possible elevated FSH 10.3
August cycle no ovulation detected
09/15-07/15 - 7 rounds of clomid 50mg - 100mg timed BD and 2 IUI attempts
Taking a break
09/16 - Gonal f + IUI in progress....
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5e13c0/
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SmilingMrs » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi dbliz!! So exciting! Tww buddy yay! Praying for a BFP for you! Little over a week until we know!

I was on clinic, and GonalF and also triggered with ovidril. I had a pretty smooth procedure day, mild discomfort and hardly cramping(my first was was a hard one major day of IUI cramping). At 2 days post IUI i had some pretty heavy cramping in my right side. Yesterday my bbs started getting a little sore but I'm sure that's from medicine. Other than that I haven't had any symptoms Pop up. I'm trying really hard this time to not symptom search but it's hard! Trying to stay busy and having this board to communicate on seems to be helping. We haven't told many people, actually only 2, so nobody really knows we are going through all this stuff. It's nice to have someone to chat with about it all.

Is this your first round of IUI?
SmilingMrs

Return to IUI