First time IUI Questions

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First time IUI Questions

Postby mrs_mm » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:33 am

Hello! I am so happy to have found this site, and have found so much useful information!

I have 2 questions....

Did anyone else experience a lot of pain after an IUI? My doc had switched to a different clamp halfway through the procedure as she was having a problem with the first. I was in pretty bad pain the day after, and it hurt to walk around to much and had to leave work early to go home and lay down. The pain was there for about 4-5 days, a little better each day. Did anyone else experience that much pain?

Also: I am supposed to go back to the doc on tomorrow for bloodwork, and 1/19 for pregnancy test. Did anyone else take a HPT before this? I honestly don't think I can deal with hearing someone tell me it is negative. I feel like I would rather deal with bad news (hopefully there's only good news) in the privacy of my own home. What was your experience? Did you wait to hear the doc's results or did you test at home before hand? Did you get the correct results? I am trying to wait as long as I can before giving in to taking a HPT.

Thanks everyone!
mrs_mm
Friend

Re: First time IUI Questions

Postby Niki36861 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:29 pm

My very first IUI was Oct. of 2014 and I didn't have that much discomfort at all. This one that I had NYE was very painful when she clamped my cervix but the next day was pretty bad...sounds like you described mine to the T! Last time did not even go and have the beta done I just KNEW that it didn't work...tested at home a couple times and then started AF. So, this time everything is different..I have done amazing with not wanting to test, well I got the notion today so DH went and got a couple, I think I'm going to test this evening. I go or my beta early early in the morning. They will call and leave a voicemail for us so we can listen together, but I told him I want them to call me this time because if I am, I want to do something extra special for him! Just a thought. I WILL be on PINS and NEEDLES until I get that call!!!!!!!! I love same day results!!!!!
Niki36861
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mrs_mm » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:21 pm

Thanks for letting me know about your experience! I feel better knowing someone else felt that pain too. I was worried it was a sign that it didn't go well!

That is a great idea! I wasn't sure what to expect, if they were going to give the results right away. Thank god they are at least same day results, I can't imagine having to wait even longer! I was thinking they would give the results right then and there, and I was pretty sure I would cry if they told me BFN. I have 2 full boxes of HPTs at home, and I don't know if I can hold out until the 19th!

I have been planning for a year how to tell DH, and have my plan all worked out whenever the day does come! I feel like it would be easier to pull off a surprise for him if I knew before hand, as he knows I'm going on the 19th.
Fingers crossed for you! BFP vibes for you tonight!
mrs_mm
Friend

Postby deenee07 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:20 pm

Fingers crossed for both of you. I hope you get your bfps.

I never experienced the pain you're decribing. Mine has always been pinching and burning as they were injecting. It sounds like maybe they bruised your cervix or something, as they were pretty rough.
deenee07
Friend

Postby Niki36861 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:14 am

What is your way of telling DH, I just don't know?? We have two boys already and thought about something with them, but I don't want them to know so early just in case something was to happen. IF we are we plan on telling everyone on Valentines in some special way.
Niki36861
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mrs_mm » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:05 am

He follows a soccer team from England. MONTHS ago I ordered two pairs of baby booties with his soccer team logo on them, pink and blue. I was hoping last month to have them wrapped and under the xmas tree, but I'll have to figure out some way to present them to him. I'm thinking of having a card maybe with a cute poem, or even just surprising him with them both behind my back and say "pick a hand" still fine tuning my plan! Any ideas?
mrs_mm
Friend

Postby Niki36861 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:43 am

Maybe little clues that leads him to them someway. I just want it to be special, funny and perfect! lol
Niki36861
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mrs_mm » Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:48 am

Great idea! I love it. Hopefully we both have good news to share soon! I love your idea of sharing with everyone on valentine's day! May be a great time to tell close family! FINGERS CROSSED FOR BOTH OF US! When do you find out? AF is due on Sunday for me. I think I may take a HPT on Friday!
mrs_mm
Friend

Postby Niki36861 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:24 pm

:bfn: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Im so sad, but so ready to go again! My TSH was normal for once!!! So, that is uplifting...I will stop progesterone and await my cycle to start back and then we will start round 2! We are starting to work out tonight!
Niki36861
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mrs_mm » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:44 pm

SO SORRY for you! Good to hear you're staying positive though... Next month's cycle can bring you a Halloween baby! I'll keep you updated on my results, and if I'm negative, we can be TWW buddies next month!
mrs_mm
Friend

Postby Moony16 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:08 am

Hey Mrs_mm,
I had my first iui on 11th jan, it hurt !! :( My doc had to use another clamp for me too since the first one she used wasn't a perfect fit. I also had spotting later in the evening and my tummy seems so bloated an very very tender :( Does anyone else have these issues?
Moony16
Friend

Return to IUI