JANUARY IUI TWW BUDDIES!

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

JANUARY IUI TWW BUDDIES!

Postby SmilingMrs » Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:45 pm

Hi ladies! Wanted to start a thread for anyone going through IUI in January! Prayers and blessings to all of you ladies in hopings of BFP for all of you!!

I am 28, husband is 27. We saw our amazing fertility doctor and were diagnosed with the "unexplained infertility" label. Boo. But we are both healthy and all of our tests came back great so praise God for that! :) we are currently in our second round of IUI. We are hoping for a BFP this month!!
SmilingMrs

Re: JANUARY IUI TWW BUDDIES!

Postby dbliz » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:01 pm

Hi I am answering you in this thread lol

Yes, this is my first IUI and did the trigger shot. Did you feel anything with your first IUI? Have you tested out the trigger shot? I almost want to test now just to see what a positive test looks like since i have never had one yet :(
TTC #1 Together (DH has a son 13 yo)
Me: 34
DH: 39
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
July 2015 DH SA 85.5 Mil, 52% Motility, 9% Morph
August 2015 Me HSG- tubes clear, first CD 3 baseline blood work and ultra sound - all normal, possible elevated FSH 10.3
August cycle no ovulation detected
09/15-07/15 - 7 rounds of clomid 50mg - 100mg timed BD and 2 IUI attempts
Taking a break
09/16 - Gonal f + IUI in progress....
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5e13c0/
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SmilingMrs » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi! The first IUI i had all kinds of symptoms and I didn't know what to expect so I noticed everything. Cramping immediately after insemination for a few days, sporting 1st and second day(doc said that was normal from procedure), super uncomfortable, bloating, sore boobs...
This one is WAY more mild. Only thing I've felt is sore boobs. I didn't test trigger. And I didn't do any at home tests last time. I was scared to get a false positive... I've been pretty good at listening to my doc and staying "normal"... Yea right. This waiting game stinks! Gonna try to stick with the no at home tests this time too.
Any symptoms for you?
SmilingMrs

Postby dbliz » Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:49 pm

Yes, my dr said the same thing. lol And they cant really trust home tests to see if pregnant or not. So I have to go in for blood test next week. As far as symptoms not much yet...IUI cramp only happened right as they injected the fluid. Only things that stick out so far is i have been super moody and emotional (more than normal lol), peeing a lot, and some twinges in my lower abdomen area here and there. TMI but I just read today in another thread these 2 girls that just got their BFPs both said they were pooping a bit when peeing every time. I have noticed that past 2 days as well. Not sure if that is a symptom or not, but it was for them! lol Anyways this wait is killing me! I go in to my dr office this Friday to check my progesterone blood level. I guess that will give more of a confirmation if I really O'd. I hope I did, I surge on my own plus they gave me a trigger shot too. I'm worried tho b/c day of ovulation I didn't feel the O pains like I have been past few months. :(

Do you have any weird symptoms yet? How was your follicle(s) size and post wash numbers if you don't mind me asking?
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
August 2015 Me HSG- tubes clear, first CD 3 baseline blood work and ultra sound - all normal, possible elevated FSH 10.3
Taking a break
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SmilingMrs » Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:12 pm

Never tmi when talking about this stuff! Hopefully that will be good news!! Today I started feeling twinges in lower abdomen... Not sure what that means but it's new. I was also pretty emotional today... But that could be anything, this process isn't the easiest! I've been peeking a lot but also drinking a lot of water here the last few days. This wait is killing me too! Work is keeping me busy but gosh I just can't wait to test! I had 2 follicles both around the 18 mark. And post wash was 36 million.

How about you? What was follicle size and post wash count?
SmilingMrs

Postby dbliz » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:29 am

I had 2 on the right that reached about 17-19 by day of IUI. That made me discouraged b/c I usually have one around 22. Also, my DH and I didn't hold off on BDing for 24-48 hours we actually BD the night before. I guess you are not supposed to do that. We collected at home the next morning and I took it in b/c we are only 5 mins from the office. I didn't think he gave a good amount sample. They still washed it and only had 6 million post wash and they said ideal is 10+ mil post wash. But it was ok since all his other numbers motility and morphology were above average. They told me that we should of not BD the day before. He never had a count issue before. SO that is another thing discouraging me that it didnt work, between my follicle size and his post wash count. I was a lunatic all weekend being upset about it...but I have to remember it takes just one egg and one sperm to make it happen.

As far as symptoms only new thing is this morning my right hip feels a bit sore. Also, last night I was wide awake until 1 am when usually I have been falling asleep by 9:30 past few nights and some nights earlier than that!

Any new symptoms for you?
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
Taking a break
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Moony16 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:55 am

Hi all, I will join you guys in the tww too! :) I had my first natural iui on the 11th :) so I am 3 dpiui today. I keep having a lot of cramping which hasn't stopped since the iui. :( also tenderness and fatigue which is normal for me during my ovulation days. But the continuous cramping isn't normal for me.
Moony16
Friend

Postby SmilingMrs » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:58 am

Welcome moony16!! This tww isn't fun but it's nice to have ladies to chat with so welcome! :) the cramping will pass hang in there!

dbliz, try not to get discouraged, 2 follies are better than one and it only takes one. 6 million may not be what yall wanted as far as numbers but again it only takes one and if all of his other things are above average then this may be your month! It has worked for other women with less follies and lower numbers. Stay positive! It's going to work for us!
As far as symptoms, I woke up this morning exhausted... Completely exhausted. Weird for me. But I woke up got ready and went to bible study, and now I'm feeling at my normal energy level. But other than very light lower abdomen cramping here and there, nothing new to report. Last time I felt EVERYTHING and didn't feel myself all cycle. But this time I feel pretty much completely normal. Not sure if that's good or bad? 8 days until beta test... 7 days for you! We got this!
SmilingMrs

Postby dbliz » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:34 pm

Hi Moony16 - Welcome! TWW is not fun! It is nice to share symptoms, questions and stories! Keep us posted.

SmilingMrs - I was googling yesterday success stories with low post wash numbers. It was nice to hear women got pregnant with just 1 mill!! :shock: I am trying to stay positive but also not getting my hopes up. THis would be a welcomed miracle if I am since I lost my mother last month to pancreatic cancer. I was hoping she would at least be around to see me pregnant, but she went too fast and my eggs never caught the sperm on time! So, now I hope she can help send me a baby soon! :) I wish I could stop symptom spotting tho....it consumes my thoughts all day! I feel normal for the most part as well this cycle. I also read many women did not get any symptoms until after their BFP. Hope that is the case for us too!! :)
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
Taking a break
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby thansen2012 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:53 pm

Had our first IUI done today!! Almost missed ovulation again because of no LH surge, but thankfully I felt ovulation and we were able to get it done!! blessings to everyone in the 2ww!!
thansen2012
Friend

Postby SmilingMrs » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:45 pm

Thansen2012- welcome! Tww is hard but you got this! Baby dust to you!

dbliz- I'm so sorry to hear about your mom... I can only imagine how hard that must have been. Praying for you and your family. Symptom watching is definitely a hard thing to stay away from... Even the 2nd time around. So glad your Google search helped reassure you this could be your month! We haven't told hardly anyone that we are going through this, so it's nice to have yall ladies! Mm I have read that a lot of women don't see any symptoms at all until way later so no symptoms isn't always bad! Check in tomorrow with any new feelings or symptoms!
SmilingMrs

Postby Moony16 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:55 am

Thank you Smiling Mrs. Like you, we haven't told anyone either so its truly good to see someone going through along with me. today is 5dpiui, hardly slept last night due to a major headache :( But slept in, so feeling better now. Hardly any cramping today... which is not very reassuring if implantation was to take place. Other than that no symptoms at all

@dbliz..so sorry for your loss. sending e-hugs and baby dust your way,

Here's to positive thoughts and keeping strong ladies :)

So sorry for your loss dbliz. Sending e-hugs and baby dust to you.
Moony16
Friend

Postby thansen2012 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:05 am

SmilingMrs wrote:Thansen2012- welcome! Tww is hard but you got this! Baby dust to you!

dbliz- I'm so sorry to hear about your mom... I can only imagine how hard that must have been. Praying for you and your family. Symptom watching is definitely a hard thing to stay away from... Even the 2nd time around. So glad your Google search helped reassure you this could be your month! We haven't told hardly anyone that we are going through this, so it's nice to have yall ladies! Mm I have read that a lot of women don't see any symptoms at all until way later so no symptoms isn't always bad! Check in tomorrow with any new feelings or symptoms!

Thank you SmilingMrs. One day already out of the way !:) Im feeling very optimistic, however not getting ahead of myself, as i know if it is very unlikely that it would work the first time. Baby dust to you as well!! having a support group is amazing!!
thansen2012
Friend

Postby SmilingMrs » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:06 am

I replyed but it didnt post and said error :( so if it posts 2 posts... sorry!

Thansen2012- One day down and onto the next! if i have learned anything over the last few months... it would be to embrace everything you are feeling! If you feeling like laughing, LAUGH. If you feel like you want to cry, CRY! If you feel like waking up at 3 in the morning and eating junk food, DO IT! If you feel like taking a personal day to be emotional and not talk to anyone, DO IT. Just dont stay in that place. Stay optimistic. Stay hopeful. Because at the end of this we will all have sweet perfect babies in our arms. WE GOT THIS! The support groups really help.

Moony16- Remember lady, that TONS of women going through fertility and TONS that are able to do it naturally never feel one symptom. TONS dont even know they are pregnant until AF doesnt show up. So symptoms arent everything. Dont get too discouraged about that. Doesnt mean anything! Stay hopeful!

dbliz- Have you had any implantation symptoms?

As for me, i slept MUCH better last night. I woke up super early because i had to pee so bad, but was able to lay back down and go back to sleep for a while. I feel very well rested today! As are as symptoms, i have sore boobs still but nothing too bad and thats about it. But again sore boobs happen for me every single month, so im not looking into that one. Today is my and my DH day off, so we aregoing to spend the day out and about. Just a relaxing day outside of the house. Hoping you all have a great day! I will check back in later today!

LOVE OUR SUPPORT GROUP!
SmilingMrs

Postby dbliz » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:44 pm

Hi Ladies - thank you for your sympathies. A BFP will def make me happy again!! :)

Welcome Thansen! Good luck and baby dust for a BFP this cycle! Do you use OPKs? They were not reliable for me so I started going into my REs office during my fertile window to do blood draws to check for my LH surge.

As far as new symptoms nothing really. Some random mild cramps but could be anything. lol On a positive note went for my progesterone check this morning since its 7 DPO and it was 18.5! YAY! I was worried b/c last time in October when I had that check a week after ovulation it was only 5.1 on clomid. I read online on medicated cycles anything over 15 is good! So, I guess I definitely ovulated this cycle!! Fingers cross one of the sperm met up with the egg!! I tested this morning as well just for fun even tho its early and trigger probably still in system....I saw a faint line. It was beautiful...never had one before :) Even tho it is not real. Anyways trying to keep calm and think positive until beta test next week!

SmilingMrs - Hope you are enjoying your day off!

Baby dust to everyone :)
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
Taking a break
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to IUI