JANUARY IUI TWW BUDDIES!

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Re: JANUARY IUI TWW BUDDIES!

Postby rsbowman2 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:43 am

Hello All, Am I too late to join in? I had my first IUI on January 19th. Unexplained infertility, TTC for 5 years. I had 5 mature follicles from 17-22 mm and DH had 59 million sperm count with good morphology and motility. We did a clomid/gonal f combo, ovidrel trigger, and progesterone suppositories. Blood test is scheduled for February 1. Well... I told myself I wouldn't symptom spot (pointless with progesterone) or POAS. I would be patient and wait for my blood test. So much for that idea! I tested at 7 dpiui and 9 dpiui (today), both BFN. Now I'm super discouraged although I know I'm testing too early. I've had lots of cramping, twinges, weird cravings, cold symptoms, dizzy spells, hot flashes. This wait is driving my crazy and I just needed to vent LOL. Baby dust to all and good luck!
rsbowman2

Postby ebp8987 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi rsbowman2! Welcome to the January club! My first IUI when we conceived my daughter, I didn't test until the day before AF was due. I was scared to test early then but I had a strong feeling I was pregnant because what I felt didn't feel like normal AF/PMS. Try and keep your mind away the next few days! Go on a date with your hubby or have a game night! We went on vacation for week one of my TWW last time and it was amazing how much more relaxed I was going through it. Really wish I could go away now hahaha
me: 29 DH: 29 DD: Hadley 1/11/15
Diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Slight MFI indicated.

February 28th 2nd IUI
March 10th 11dpiui BFP
March 11th 12dpiui Beta = 58
March 14th 15dpiui Beta = 380

ebp8987
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby rsbowman2 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:41 pm

Thanks ebp8987! My husband and I are actually taking a mini-vacation this weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to focus on enjoying our time together.
rsbowman2

Postby thansen2012 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:07 pm

Tested a 6 day prior and got a N :( Ill test again but I dont think its wrong. I wish I could understand "unexplained infertility" cause I just dont understand :(
thansen2012
Friend

Postby dbliz » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:46 am

rsbowman2 wrote:Hello All, Am I too late to join in? I had my first IUI on January 19th. Unexplained infertility, TTC for 5 years. I had 5 mature follicles from 17-22 mm and DH had 59 million sperm count with good morphology and motility. We did a clomid/gonal f combo, ovidrel trigger, and progesterone suppositories. Blood test is scheduled for February 1. Well... I told myself I wouldn't symptom spot (pointless with progesterone) or POAS. I would be patient and wait for my blood test. So much for that idea! I tested at 7 dpiui and 9 dpiui (today), both BFN. Now I'm super discouraged although I know I'm testing too early. I've had lots of cramping, twinges, weird cravings, cold symptoms, dizzy spells, hot flashes. This wait is driving my crazy and I just needed to vent LOL. Baby dust to all and good luck!

7dpiui and 9 is still way to early to test! My RE office actually tells me not to use home test b/c they cannot relay on those. THat is why they have you come in for blood test at 14 dpiui. Keep calm and relaxed now is the time you need to do that. I know its easier said than done :) Fingers crossed you get a BFP on 2/1!!
TTC #1 Together (DH has a son 13 yo)
Me: 34
DH: 39
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
July 2015 DH SA 85.5 Mil, 52% Motility, 9% Morph
August 2015 Me HSG- tubes clear, first CD 3 baseline blood work and ultra sound - all normal, possible elevated FSH 10.3
August cycle no ovulation detected
09/15-07/15 - 7 rounds of clomid 50mg - 100mg timed BD and 2 IUI attempts
Taking a break
09/16 - Gonal f + IUI in progress....
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5e13c0/
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SAbaby » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:08 am

thansen2012 wrote:Tested a 6 day prior and got a N :( Ill test again but I dont think its wrong. I wish I could understand "unexplained infertility" cause I just dont understand :(

how many days past iui did you test? Is today 14 days past iui for you?
SAbaby
Friend

Postby thansen2012 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:40 am

today is 14 past IUI. but im not supposed to get my period for another 2 days
thansen2012
Friend

Postby thansen2012 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:41 am

DH wanted me to take the tests that supposedly can pick up a + 6 days before a missed period. That is the one I did yesterday.
thansen2012
Friend

Postby ebp8987 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:33 am

unexplained infertility is the worst. There's nothing really to "fix" so it's just waiting for God bless you in his time. I go tomorrow for my CD 12 sono. Is it weird I'm excited to see all the little eggs haha. Sunday will begin my TWW if everything looks good tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty crampy on both sides, I typically feel ovulation every month on either side so I'm guessing tomorrow they will find eggs in both ovaries.

how's everyone doing?

February 28th 2nd IUI
March 10th 11dpiui BFP

ebp8987
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby rsbowman2 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:12 pm

dbliz wrote: 7dpiui and 9 is still way to early to test! My RE office actually tells me not to use home test b/c they cannot relay on those. THat is why they have you come in for blood test at 14 dpiui. Keep calm and relaxed now is the time you need to do that. I know its easier said than done :) Fingers crossed you get a BFP on 2/1!!

I know it's early and I'm just setting myself up for heartache for no good reason. I just can't seem to control myself around pregnancy tests ;)
rsbowman2

Postby Littlelo » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:31 am

Hi everyone, been reading these all this month as I'm about to do my first IUI and now I've decided I'm in need of a little support. I'll tell you a little bit about myself. I'm 32, DH is 46. He has had a vasectomy and has 2 beautiful children and I'm lucky enough to have a great relationship with my step kids (ages 7&8). We have decided to try for a baby using donor sperm. I have no known fertility problems and all previous blood tests etc ok.

Started injectables last Friday. Currently on CD7 using injectables Gonal F 75IU from CD1 to CD7 and continuing until another scan on Monday. Scan today showed one leading follicle at 13mm on my left ovary and the right one not really producing many. My doc seemed a little disappointed that there is only one big one and that it wasn't as big as she liked at this point. I left feeling disheartened and had a bit of a meltdown over the phone to my OH. He can't come with me to any appointments which are an hours drive away cos of work so feeling rubbish today. Due to do IUI sometime next week, maybe Wednesday.

Also, if my natural ovulation day is next Thurs, is this different now with all the meds, trigger shot etc?? Thanks guys. Baby dust to you all x
Littlelo

Postby ebp8987 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:07 pm

Went in for my CD soon today. 2 eggs one on each ovary but only the left one will likely be big enough. I think it was 17? IUI first thing Sunday AM. Really hoping the one egg is enough!

February 28th 2nd IUI
March 10th 11dpiui BFP

ebp8987
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby SAbaby » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:54 am

Hi all,
So I am now 10dpiui. Yesterday I had a very weird pinching, sharp pain on my left side. Similar to O pain, but much sharper. A couple hours later I had a tiny bit of pink spotting, only 1 wipe (tmi). Then nothing more. Just feeling bloated. Should only test in 4 days. I am getting nervous, don't want the dissapointment again. How is everyone else doing??
SAbaby
Friend

Postby dbliz » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:57 am

Hi Ladies -

Even tho I got a BFN with my January IUI, I am still stalking this thread! I hope to hear a BFP from all the ladies still waiting to test!! Keep updating us! :)

I finally started a new cycle, my progesterone delayed my AF 9 days! :omg: I am doing a clomid and gonal- f injections hybrid cycle this time. Never done the injections before. My next second IUI will probably fall around 2/12 or 2/13.

Baby dust to all!! :)
TTC #1 Together (DH has a son 13 yo)
Me: 34
DH: 39
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
July 2015 DH SA 85.5 Mil, 52% Motility, 9% Morph
August 2015 Me HSG- tubes clear, first CD 3 baseline blood work and ultra sound - all normal, possible elevated FSH 10.3
August cycle no ovulation detected
09/15-07/15 - 7 rounds of clomid 50mg - 100mg timed BD and 2 IUI attempts
Taking a break
09/16 - Gonal f + IUI in progress....
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5e13c0/
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby thansen2012 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:12 am

AF officially showed her face :( so IUI did not work. This was our first round of IUI but our 5th month with a fertility doc, and 6th year TTC. I have a step daughter that I have been raising since she was 18 months old. She is about to turn 9. (Bio mom is not in the picture). Although I would have loved to have a child of my own, I am thankful that i have my DSD. She is my world. And I woke up this morning feeling almost at peace with it all. Knowing that my DH would go to such lengths to have a child with me, makes me know he loves me. (Bio mom did not give him the option, she got pregnant trying to trap him, after only being together 3 months). Although, i would deeply love to have a child of my own, I am not sure I will be continuing treatments. DH had 160mil at IUI, I had healthy eggs and all my hormones are good, and with there really being no rime or reason why its not happening, makes it hard to want to continue to go threw it all. Not to mention all the $$.
Just venting, thanks for listening (reading) :) happy monday.
thansen2012
Friend

PreviousNext

Return to IUI