February IUI

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

February IUI

Postby SDH » Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:09 am

Hi everyone :)

We are getting ready for IUI #3 this month, I'm really nervous and looking for support for the next almost 3 weeks. Here is some background info:
I'm 33, DH 33
PCOS (seems to be on the milder side)
DH swimmers are great on paper :)
I've been off BC for 25 months and we have been seeing a reproductive endocrinologist for almost 11 months.
Cycles 1-3: Letrozole, Ovidrel with plannedBD, and progesterone suppositories.. All BFN :( Cycle 4&5 we added menopur and still BFN. Cycle 6: Letrozole, Menopur, ovidrel, IUI and progesterone = BFN. Except my progesterone levels were the highest they've been yet 1 week post IUI.
Cycle 7: Repeat and BFP!!!! Unfortunately we lost the baby at 9 weeks. Baby had stopped growing and heartbeat had stopped - one of the worst times of my life if not the worst. DNC 2 days later and after a biopsy we learned there was a chromosomal abnormality and baby was destined not to survive.
As soon as my HCG was back to 0 I took Provera to start AF. I'm now on cycle day 10. US tomorrow to check follicle size and determine trigger date and IUI date and time. Fingers crossed for a happy ending this cycle!

Anyone else having an IUI this week? Is anyone else have a similar story? Any words of advice out there!!

Best of luck to all you ladies out there and I'm sending baby dust your way!
-SDH
SDH

Re: February IUI

Postby dbliz » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:30 pm

Hi SDH - Sorry for your loss! I have never experienced that b/c I have never had a BFP. I can only imagine the pain you feel after a loss. I am glad to hear you are doing ok. Good luck this cycle! Hope you have great follicles on your ultra sound! I will join you since I am having my second IUI this month. I am thinking mine will fall on 2/12 or 2/13. I am trying clomid and gonal f this cycle.

Baby dust!! :)
TTC #1 Together (DH has a son 13 yo)
Me: 34
DH: 39
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
July 2015 DH SA 85.5 Mil, 52% Motility, 9% Morph
August 2015 Me HSG- tubes clear, first CD 3 baseline blood work and ultra sound - all normal, possible elevated FSH 10.3
August cycle no ovulation detected
09/15-07/15 - 7 rounds of clomid 50mg - 100mg timed BD and 2 IUI attempts
Taking a break
09/16 - Gonal f + IUI in progress....
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5e13c0/
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Littlelo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:48 pm

SDH - I'm so sorry hun, can't imagine what you're going through but I can def help support you over the next month. I've got my first iui tomorrow!
Bit of background info. I'm 32, my OH is 46. He's had a vasectomy. He has 2 kids (7 & 8yo) and has 50/50 custody so I'm a step mum and I love it. They're great. Cos of the vasectomy, we are doing iui with donor sperm. I've been on gonal f CD2 to CD12. Triggered this morning and in for iui tomorrow at 11am. So not looking forward to the 2ww as been reading so much about everyone else's!! So guess we'll see how it goes...

Baby dust x
Littlelo

Postby LiveLaughLove<3 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:14 pm

Hello All,

We just had IUI#2 today. Thought I'd finally join the discussion.

Basic background:
DH: 33, # on the lower side of normal, all else normal
Me: 31, PCOS (mild?), diabetic

We have been trying to conceive for over 2 years now. I was put on clomid right away (menses has alway been irregular) but was on it for too long (over 12 months total). Finally was diagnosed with PCOS this past October, as well as with Type II diabetes.

IUI#1 last month:
Femara CD5-9
Ultrasound CD14 (18mm follicle)
Ovidrel CD14
IUI CD15 & CD16
Progesterone was good CD21
Beta resulted in BFN CD28

IUI#2 this month:
Femara CD3-7
Ultrasound CD14 (21mm follicle)
Ovidrel CD14
IUI CD 16 (today)
Progesterone scheduled for CD22
Beta scheduled for CD29

Last time, I was really good about not testing in advance for fear of false positives or negatives. This time, I am tempted to test starting CD25… we'll see.

Last time I didn't really feel anything after the IUI but today I started cramping and still feeling uncomfortable after 8 hours.

Hoping for that BFP. Good luck to you all as well! <3
LiveLaughLove<3
Friend

Postby Littlelo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:20 am

LiveLaughLove<3 We are in the same boat! I had my iui today so the 2WW starts. Good luck.
Littlelo

Postby dbliz » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:25 am

Not sure if I am going to do my 2nd IUI this cycle as planned. Went in for CD3 baseline work since I will be doing a fully monitored cycle taking clomid then gonal f injections and my E2 number was high :( E2 was 109 and FSH was 6.2. In August my CD3 E2 was 40 and FSH 10.3. I have been doing clomid since and only last month finally got timing right for first IUI. I was also on progesterone which delayed my AF 10 days after i stopped it! :omg: So, I am not sure if last cycle is messing this one up, or I have ovarian reserve issues or if I have a cycst. On the ultra sound they saw 2 @ 8mm follicles, 2@7mm, 2@9mm and one 14mm follicle on the left. I was instructed to take clomid as normal and not to start injections until I come in Sunday for another ultra sound and bloodwork. I guess then they will see if I need more stimulation and/or if that 14mm on left really is a cycst or not. They claim that its not, but I think that is large for only being CD 3. Of course they only count CD 1 when you have full flow, I actually started spotting/light the evening before I said was CD 1. So at most Tuesday was CD 4 not 3. Anyone else have crazy E2 numbers on CD 3 before?? At what were your CD3 follicle counts? I seem to only have about 7-8 and I think it should be more than 12 follicles starting to grow.
TTC #1 Together (DH has a son 13 yo)
Me: 34
DH: 39
TTC since July 2014
Short cycles 24-26 days
July 2015 DH SA 85.5 Mil, 52% Motility, 9% Morph
August 2015 Me HSG- tubes clear, first CD 3 baseline blood work and ultra sound - all normal, possible elevated FSH 10.3
August cycle no ovulation detected
09/15-07/15 - 7 rounds of clomid 50mg - 100mg timed BD and 2 IUI attempts
Taking a break
09/16 - Gonal f + IUI in progress....
http://FertilityFriend.com/home/5e13c0/
dbliz
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby SDH » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:05 pm

I'm so glad you all responded to this thread and we can go through this journey together! At least for a few weeks :).
Littlelo- how did your IUI go?
LiveLaughLove<3 - how did yours go? I go back and forth about testing early... Not sure what I'm going to do this time - it takes so much will power haha
Dbliz-don't get too discouraged yet - it takes a while to figure out systems and cycles out, if we were "normal" we probably would t be on this page :)
Since I have PCOS I have more than normal follicles each cycle but they don't develop. I think the number and size of yours is really promising, positive thoughts! Please let us know how Sunday goes!

Update: US yesterday - CD 10, 4 follicles on left all around 9mm, 3 on right around 11 mm, 1 on right at 20mm!!! Progesterone was still really low so now 2 more nights of menopur. US scheduled for tomorrow: CD 12. Hopefully I'll have more than 1 egg ready to go! Fingers crossed I'll trigger tomorrow and IUI Friday.
SDH

Postby LiveLaughLove<3 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:28 pm

SDH- Definitely nice to have support during this time for sure! Good luck on the IUI Friday!

The IUI actually went a little smoother than last time. For whatever reason it was easier for my doctor to get pass the cervix this time (TMI!).

Of course I am reading into everything. Last time no pain, this time pain. Last time DH # were lower, this time # higher.

Not testing absolutely takes will power! I am usually the kind of person would want to test constantly. I will let you all know if I end up testing this time.

Littlelo- Yay, we are in this together! TWW is so hard! How did your IUI go? When are you schedule for progesterone and beta? Are you going to test in the meantime?

Sending you all positive energy!
LiveLaughLove<3
Friend

Postby carolinakeong » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi all, I am new here! So happy to stumble upon this post :)

I did my first IUI on 19th Jan. Today is my 16 dpiui. AF is 2 days late. It's usually very on time. Been having sore breasts since Sat but it's a normal PMS symptom which I would usually have. Couldn't wait any longer so I did a test this morning but BFN :( DH and I are a little disappointed but still hopeful. Been reading a lot online, it could just be too early for a test. Am seeing my doc tomorrow and hoping it all goes well! Anyone else share the same situation?

SDH, be calm and just relax during the IUI. It's not painful, just a bit of discomfort. Good luck!
carolinakeong

Postby Littlelo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:29 am

Hey guys I had my iui yesterday and I'll tell you my little story about it. I drove there and was half an hour early for my appt. Not a problem, got seen within 5 mins and changed into the sexy scrubs, hat, plastic foot thing. My doc came in and I asked about the donor sperm: 25mil and 70% motility which she said was good. The iui itself took 3 mins if that. It was so fast and barely felt a thing. I was told to rest for 10/15 mins. I was pretty calm, doing the visualisation thing with the sperm meeting the egg, making my baby etc.

Then I got up to go....I didn't use the step and was perched on the end of the bed/table thing. It tipped up and crashed back down!! It was sooooo loud!!!! The nurse and doc came running in, the tech guy from the lab poked his head round. I got a look from the doc but the nurse was lovely. Bare in mind I'm in Spain and only my doc speaks English. My Spanish is ok lol. I was so embarrassed and felt so bad! So ladies, if there is a step, use it!!! :lol:
Apart from that I'm pretty chilled so far. Got lots to keep me busy, eating my pineapple and have got reiki today. Also, we now got my step kids full time atm. Their mum is having some problems so I'm on full time step mum mode which really makes time go faster and stops me from thinking at home too much.
The only bad thing is that I'm on progesterone injections which are quite painful afterwards so tummy area is quite sore. Also on oestrogen tablets 3x a day.
How are you all doing? Loving keeping in touch with you all and hearing you guys going through the same thing.

Come on sperm, do your thing, make me a little zygote:)
Baby dust to you all guys. Hope my little story out a smile on your faces :D
Last edited by Littlelo on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Littlelo

Postby SDH » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:33 am

Just left Dr. 1 on left is at a 21 and another on left is 14.5. Trigger tonight and IUI Saturday:)
SDH

Postby Littlelo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:35 am

Good luck SDH!
Littlelo

Postby SDH » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:39 am

Littlelo OMG!!! I'm so glad you are ok, what a great story though!!!
Hope everyone has a great day :)
SDH

Postby Littlelo » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:55 am

LiveLaughLove<3 How´s the wait going? Thought I was chilled but google is not helping!!

carolinakeong - Have you been back to the docs?
Littlelo

Postby ebp8987 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:56 am

LittleLo that is a crazy funny story!
SDH Good luck! That one follicle seems promising!

I'm lurking technically from January IUI but I did have it on the 31st so can I join here? I think most people have fallen off the thread, having IUI's earlier in the month. My CD 12 scan showed two follicles like you SDH and about the same size. My left ovary had the larger, and right was much smaller and probably doesn't stand a chance. Since the IUI on Sunday I have had some normal cramping and mainly on my left. FX that's a good sign :) My first IUI resulted in conceiving my DD back in May 2014. It feels like forever ago so I can't remember if all the twinges and cramping is normal or how long it lasted haha. The only thing from that cycle I remember is feeling "less pregnant" that I had any other cycle haha
me: 29 DH: 29 DD: Hadley 1/11/15
Diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Slight MFI indicated.

February 28th 2nd IUI
March 10th 11dpiui BFP
March 11th 12dpiui Beta = 58
March 14th 15dpiui Beta = 380

ebp8987
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to IUI