2nd IUI today

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

2nd IUI today

Postby Pilotswife » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:09 am

We just had our second IUI today after failing our first last cycle. My husband's count was 65 million this time and 49 last time and I had 2 follies one 17 and one 20. Anyone in their TWW as well?
Pilotswife
Friend

Re: 2nd IUI today

Postby Lorsm » Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:56 pm

Hey...
I am. 2nd IUI this past Thursday.... Goodluck to you this round! I am hoping it works this round... stressful. .
Lorsm

Postby Pilotswife » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:28 pm

Good luck to you, too! It's so odd, but the first one I had severe cramping and with this one nothing. The mind plays suck tricks on you during the TWW.
Pilotswife
Friend

Postby jessiicajayy » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:18 pm

Hey ladies! I just had my first IUI on Friday. I have no cramping or anything at all. After IUI I had some mild cramping but that's about it. ive been on clomid since September 2015, it's hard not knowing why we cannot conceive. Wishing you guys the best, this 2ww is going to be hard! I also tried acupuncture 2 days before IUI and I will be going back later this week.
jessiicajayy
Friend

Postby Lorsm » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:03 pm

I also had cramps my first iui with hsg trigger shot. This cycle I did iui w/o trigger shot.. don't know if it makes any difference but no craps at all. No symptoms. I have done 9 cycles on clomid off n on in the last 2 years, 2 on letrozo in last two mos and 2 iui. My twin sister got pregnant on her first clomid cycle after trying for 2 years so I remain hopeful. Our husbands are brothers so all the stranger for others when they find out.. && all the more heart breaking when I see her babies becus mines will probably look just like hers. And I really want my own. So anyway, updates plz.. I am a bit symptom obsess and dreading this 2 ww knowing that on day 14 it's a bfp or pms for me!
Lorsm

Postby vraklis » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:38 am

Hi ladies, I'm right there with you. Did our IUI 3/9. This is our third (first was succesful, our son is now 2, second was unsuccessful) and I expected to feel that really strong ovulation pain that Ovidrel usually causes but just a few twinges. So of course I'm freaking out that I didn't ovulate at all. Add to that I started feeling pain very close to what I expected to feel at ovulation tonight, so now I"m really freaking out thinking I'm just now ovulating 5 days after IUI. :doh:
"Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying." Romans 12:12

Me: 35 DH: 48
TTC since 2000
MF, delayed ovulation, low estrogen, luteal phase defect, low
DS conceived through first donor insemination 11/23/13
DIUI April 2015 - BFN, AF came 9DPO
DIUI with estrogen, Ovidrel, and progesterone 3/9/16
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Pilotswife » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:28 am

Glad we are in the same boat with no cramping. I was bloated, but that was it. I keep telling myself everyone reacts differently, otherwise I'd go nuts! Lorsm: stay strong girl, it'll happen to you! It must be hard for you, but keep positive. My sister has 3 and my brother 2, no issues with them, so it pains me why it's hard for us. When do you guys plan on testing? My IUI was Saturday and don't think I can wait 14 days! Best of luck to you all.
Pilotswife
Friend

Postby Lorsm » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:25 am

Welcome Vraklis, nice that you had a successful 1st iui.. I wish I had such luck. && I really hope you didn't O five days after iui. That would really suck. Hopefully it is something else.. like zygote making its way down the fallopian tube?

Pilotswife, I plan to test as soon as day 9. I am optimistic. Even if neg on day 9. But I have to know n I hear that is the earliest I can find out. I will test on day 9 thru day 14 unless AF shows. Today is only 4dpiui. I probably O on Friday. Saying my opk was positive on wed n Thursday then neg on friday.
Lorsm

Postby vraklis » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:22 pm

You have had quite a journey Lorsm and I know how hard it is, believe me. Before that first IUI, we had been TTC THIRTEEN YEARS.I definitely had some very low points, it's hard to be in that cycle of hope being crushed every month for so long. It finally go to the point that we knew we wanted a child badly enough that we needed to find out what the problem was and it turned out, at that time, it was MF only. So we did a donor insemination and got our beautiful son. But now I have problems too so it's a lot trickier this time trying to get my body to work the way it's supposed to.

As far as testing goes, I'm going to test the hcg out of my system starting tomorrow that way I know when I can trust a positive. I 'm hopelessly hopefuly despite the reasons to think it won't be successful. So if I'm pg, I hope to be able to get a positive early so I can surprise DH. He knows when the TWW is over and will be expecting news that day, it would be awesome to be able to surprise him early.
"Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying." Romans 12:12

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lorsm » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Hey,
That is definitely a long time for you as well. Fingers crossed this is the month. You were pregnant once before it shall happen again. && Just wanted to add last month when I did the trigger shot I tried to test it out. I did not get a negative until day 12 n of course on day 14 AF showed. So I will no longer do that. It was pointless for me. By day 12 i was super excited thinking it worked n maybe I just won't get a negative at all. Although I had no symptoms either. I had a shot for 10000mm. I hear it was suppose to be out by day 10 for that amount.
Lorsm

Postby vraklis » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:58 pm

Well I did my first test and got a very faint line so I hope I get no line tomorrow. My shot was 250 something...can't remember the measurement. But sounds like a lot less than yours so maybe that's why it's going faster.

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby LoLoG33 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:09 pm

Hi!! Brand new here and just had My 2nd IUI yesterday (3/16) so now in the 2ww as wait. Just wanted to wish everyone best of luck and lots of baby dust!!
LoLoG33

Postby vraklis » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:33 pm

Thanks LoLo, you too!! I'm 8DPO & cramping today and am equal parts scared and hopeful. It could either be implantation or gearing up for AF. 9DPO is when AF came last IUI and that's why I'm on progesterone this time, to prevent that, bbut it's hard not to worry, especially with all this cramping. If I see red any time soon I will be so crushed.

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Lorsm » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:00 pm

Hello,

Just wanted to update everyone. So excited to share. I got my BFP. 3 positive at all different times today using first response 6 day early. I am either 9 or 10 dpo and for sure 10 dpiui. Still super early but thought i'd share. Af is due on the 25th. Second IUI. Hoping this baby stick. && I hope it is going well for everyone so far. Tww is almost over. Baby dust to all of Us!
Lorsm

Postby vraklis » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:55 am

That is AWESOME Lorsm!! I've been testing too and got what I hope and pray is a real BFP yesterday, but i'm using a cheapo test and it was so very faint it didn't show in the photo I took. I will test again and hope for a darker line today. Would be so neat for us both to get pregnant with IUI's at the same time, we could be in the same due date buddies group int he pg forum squeeee! :D I had mine the 9th so we did ours just right next to each other so crazy.

TTC since 2000
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Next

Return to IUI