IUI after early miscarriage

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

IUI after early miscarriage

Postby Pdavis2423 » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:36 pm

My husband and I have been TTC for 2 years now. Our problem is that I don't ovulate on my own, my husband is perfect. We started femara 7.5 and IUI last Nov. 1st round was a BFN but 2nd round on Christmas Day we got our BFP! Well I ended up naturally miscarrying at 7 weeks. At my last appointment my Dr said my levels were back to normal, my lining was great, and everything looked good all that was left was to wait for AF.
AF finally showed up this week! Well I've been kinda fighting to get put back on femara because my Dr wanted me to wait two to three months to TTC again. I called into the office to get my femara script, the nurse said my Dr agreed to put me back on femara but said that I can't do IUI for 2-3 months.
Can anyone kind of give me an idea as to why she will let me take the femara but not do artificial? I asked the nurse and her answer was "I'm not sure" and we are really anxious to get right back in to the full swing of TTC again! (Sorry for the long post!)
Pdavis2423

Re: IUI after early miscarriage

Postby vraklis » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:18 am

Since your husband is OK, I'd go ahead and take it even if you can't do the IUI, you might get pregnant without the added cost of the IUI procedure. Did you do monitored cycles with your IUI? Unless you're charting, it might be difficult to time things right without that extra help. I don't know why they are delaying but I would guess there's a good reason. I understand being impatient to start again, I would too. I'm so sorry for your loss.
"Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying." Romans 12:12

Me: 35 DH: 48
TTC since 2000
MF, delayed ovulation, low estrogen, luteal phase defect, low
DS conceived through first donor insemination 11/23/13
DIUI April 2015 - BFN, AF came 9DPO
DIUI with estrogen, Ovidrel, and progesterone 3/9/16
vraklis
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Return to IUI