First IUI April/May 2016

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

First IUI April/May 2016

Postby anadreams1 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:16 pm

Hello ladies,

I will most likely be having my first IUI May 2016. I am scheduled to have a bunch of diagnostic tests done in April 2016. I was wondering if anyone else is on similar boat? Or has just gone through it? I'm really hoping they first times the charm for us but I'm reading that it takes couple of tries. My husband and I've hee ttc for a year and found out he had low sperm count. He started taking multivitamin and coq10 and doc said his recent analysis is normal but lower end of normal now. So we tried to give it a try naturally this cycle and unfortunately I can feel my period coming on. Anyway would love to hear from someone who's in similar situation as me!
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Re: First IUI April/May 2016

Postby Lorsm » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:17 pm

The husband and I went through tons of testing in November and December before we did our first IUI in February. Everything came back normal. We were diagnosed with unknown infertility after trying on our own for 6 years. February IUI failed. We did it again this month. Just found out I am pregnant. 4 weeks on Saturday. The process was smooth for us so far. Best of luck. It will be worth it.
Lorsm

Postby anadreams1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:24 pm

Congrats to you!! I hear first time is usually not successful! So happy you're pregnant. Gives me hope :).
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kate26 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:01 pm

I'll be a little ahead of you! Completed all my preliminary testing the last month or so. I will be starting opk's Monday..most likely doing first IUI end of next week! Excited to finally be getting started!
kate26

Postby anadreams1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:36 pm

@kate26 please keep me posted! I'm so excited for you. It's exciting and nerve wrecking process all at once. I'm kind of excited to finally get the ball rolling. What was your reasoning for trying iui? Mine was somewhat male related due to lower sperm count.
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kate26 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:44 am

anadreams- I guess you could say we are male factor too. I'm in a same sex relationship so doing a donor iui since we are lacking sperm all together lol I'm so anxious to get started, so far all of my tests have come back clear. I had very irregular cycles and was put on Letrozole. Within a month it shortened my cycle from almost 60 days to 30 so the doctor was happy, I also had bloodwork done to confirm ovulation and it was successful. Really hoping for first time success of course! I have read a lot about iui and a lot of couples with low sperm count seem to be successful so I'm sure you will be good! Exciting to get the ball rolling finally like you said!
kate26

Postby lvtvk » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:29 pm

Hello ladies - my first iui w/ovidrel shot is coming up next week, going for US on April 1st and probably iui next day or two. taking clomid 50mg days 3-7, tomorrow is the last day of clomid. Very excited! was trying to conceive naturally for over a year, finally couldn't bear seeing BFN and went to fertility clinic. all tests came back normal so unexplained infertility it is.
lvtvk
Friend

Postby anadreams1 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:59 pm

@kate26 wow best of luck to you lol. I have a really good feeling for you!! Hope fully you will get a BFP this month :D . Let me know how the procedure goes. Hopefully the tww will fly by! @Ivtvk so excited to hear that you are also trying IUI. I'm in similar position as you where I am so tired of the dang BFN :shock:. Please also keep me updated about your procedure as well. I am hoping the first time does it for both of you. It will make me feel a lot more confident going in May. I saw a fertility doctor last month after going through my gyno who did extensive tests on me. The center I was referred to seems very optimistic for me about IUI. Hopefully it all goes successfully in May. I'm nearing my 30ies and am ready for a little baby of my own lol.
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kate26 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:16 pm

anadreams - thanks! I'm feeling really positive about it all, don't want to get my hopes up too much though!

lvtvk - we will probably be having iui's done right around the same time! keep us posted on how things go :)
kate26

Postby lvtvk » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:16 pm

anadreams - I'm turning 30 this year too! really want to get pregnant before I get there...feels great to be finally proactive about it!

kate - yes it looks like we will be in TWW together..I'll keep everybody posted on how everything goes!
lvtvk
Friend

Postby memestanelli » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Will be going through first IUI myself, Will be taking Femara and Ovidrel, then IUI mid April, my husbands count is similiar, normal but still on low end, I have endometriosis, have had 2 laproscopy's in last 10 years, 2 rounds of clomid last year and just had mulitple uterine polyps removed a couple weeks ago, going on 36.
Sending you ladies positive baby vibes!
Anyone know anything about Femara, Ovidrel, or how to stay sane through the process?
memestanelli
Friend

Postby anadreams1 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:25 pm

Hello memestanelli,

Happy to have another first timer IUI. Seems like you've had quite the journey. I'm so happy your husband and you are progressing and are one step closer to achieving pregnancy. I really hope it works out for all three of you ladies this month. I just had my blood work today and ultrasound on cycle day 4. They want to do a couple of other tests before doing IUI in May. I'm honestly really looking forward to it. I won't lie I am finding myself stressing out though. I really didn't think getting pregnant was going to be this difficult. All we can do is keep moving forward and trying with a big fat :D !!
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby anadreams1 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:39 am

I'm so frustrated. I got my TSH blood work done in January and it came back normal. I got redrawn for it yesterday and nurse called me today saying its elevated at 4.5 and should be way less than that. They are going to put me on synthroid and try to lower it. Apparently it can cause problems ttc. I'm just feeling frustrated because its one hurdle after another lol.
anadreams1
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby kate26 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:20 pm

anadreams - sorry to hear that. Hopefully the synthroid will bring the levels back to where they are supposed to be. I know what you mean though, I have only been doing testing for a short while and first iui coming up but it just seems like problems can arise so easily and unexpectedly. Definitely hard to stay positive through it all!
kate26

Postby kate26 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:35 am

First IUI done this morning!! We are doing back to back, so will have another one tomorrow morning at 10am. Went so smoothly, no discomfort or pain. Now the wait begins!
kate26

Next

Return to IUI