IUI advice first doctor appt

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

IUI advice first doctor appt

Postby TTCbby » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:22 am

Hi this is my first post here. I tried IUI 6 years ago, it failed and here I am trying again.

I fear the cost of multiple cycles and especially all the lab tests. I've had my tubes checked for blockage multiple times it's both a painful and expensive experience. Over the phone I was told I would have to get this done again. The blood tests sent to the lab also cost a lot. I would rather save my budget for the sperm purchase.

I was wondering if anyone has advice. I have appointments with 2 doctors next week to get the ball rolling. My last experience wasn't very good, the doctor was not personally involved and I was seen by a different nurse each appt except for the ultrasounds which cost hundreds each appointment my insurance doesn't cover any of it.

Long story short - I have regular periods, my OB told me at my recent gyno appt he sees nice big eggs when I asked for a freebie quick ultrasound during my pap appointment which also came Bach normal. Basically I just need the involvement of a fertility clinic as far as thawing the sperm which alone I guess isn't profitable enough for them. I was told after my $150 consultation next week that I would then speak with the financing departmen. Basically I'm asking if there are any ways around the money pits? I know when I ovulate. At my last IUI I told them I got I positive ovulation test and they didn't do the iui more than 24 hours later out of convenience for their appointment schedule. I want to call the shots and just need the sperm available. Am I asking for too much?
TTCbby

Re: IUI advice first doctor appt

Postby Danaa » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:15 am

I have no experience with IUI and im really sorry I can't offer any advice:(.Good luck and I hope you get some answers .
My Ovulation Chart
Me 29
DH 31
After 3 years in which we tried everything we are doing IVF in Greece with Iakentro Athens.
Short Protocol with Bemfola and Cetrotide
19mature eggs and we have 9 day5 blasto.
FET#1 ended in a loss around 5 weeks
FET#2 ended in a loss at 22w due to IC,my boys will be forever in my heart .
FET#3 ?
Danaa
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: IUI advice first doctor appt

Postby Lorsm » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:18 pm

I don't think you have anyway around their required procedures. If you dont do it. They will probably decline service. husband and I paid everything out of pocket for our iui. It was worth every penny. We are awaiting our first this December 2016.
Lorsm

Return to IUI