Anyone tried acupuncture with IUI?

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Anyone tried acupuncture with IUI?

Postby Elli » Fri May 06, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm on my third cycle of IUI - well, I was...

First cycle I only had one follicle, second cycle I had two. Both BFNs. This time around I decided to have acupuncture as I'd heard this was a good thing. Went for my first scan today and they've had to call a halt on this treatment cycle because there are FIVE big follies! (They won't continue with treatment with this many.) I've messaged my acupuncturist to tell her she's too good! I'm pleased that the signs are it's definitely working though, and pleased too that the clinic told me to try a natural cycle next time (have been on clomid so far). Would rather grow eggs with acupuncture than drugs, I guess, if I have that option.

Is anyone else having acupuncture alongside IUI? Any experiences to share?
Elli
Friend

Re: Anyone tried acupuncture with IUI?

Postby Goodhope1 » Sun May 08, 2016 1:59 am

Tats really good...yes it's always gud to not need clomid...wish you all the best..when was your iui?.
I did mine on 29th april so in tww 9dpo right now.
I did hv 2 accupunture sessions this tww wait but not bfr the ovulation. ..so I m not sure how much and whr it is goin to help me.but keeping my fingers crossed.
Goodhope1
Friend

Postby Elli » Sun May 08, 2016 3:01 am

I couldn't go ahead with the IUI this time because of there being too many follicles. So I have to wait another month, which seems like years!
Hope yours is a success.
Elli
Friend

Postby Goodhope1 » Sun May 08, 2016 4:33 am

Oh ok...they are scared of multiple conception here...never the less u can always go ahead naturally...honestly only one follicle ruptures may b u get lucky this time widout iui.
Days will pass by soon...all the best.
Goodhope1
Friend

Return to IUI