Gonal-f, ovidrel, iui.. Anybody else??

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: unaffected, JessM, southernbelle, maddy

Gonal-f, ovidrel, iui.. Anybody else??

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:11 am

Hi!!

I started gonal-f injections on cd 3, was monitored via bloodwork for most of my follicular phase, my first u/s showed 3 dominant follicles 18, 16.5, and the third was smaller in size I don't remember what it was. I triggered that night which was this past Saturday went in for iui on Monday morning and had already ovulated 2 eggs, 1 from each side! Dh's sample was good 50 million total, 40 million put in at iui but I'm concerned that I had already o'd by the time my iui was performed. Any advice or Info on that? Is anyone else going through Injectibles/iui that wants to join me??
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Re: Gonal-f, ovidrel, iui.. Anybody else??

Postby pandagrl » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:17 am

I'm doing a natural cycle but I would still like to join you. Going in for my 4th IUI tomorrow and already dreading the tww!

I think you might be okay even if you already ovulated as long as the IUI was within hours of the eggs getting released. I've read that everyone is different and that eggs can still be inseminated even after you've O'd. I think I read somewhere that eggs can live up to 24 hours after O so hopefully you caught em in time. And with two follies releasing that ups your chances! Keeping my fingers crossed for you, good luck!
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:38 am

Hi panda!!

Most definitely join me!! You are doing iui with no meds? Good luck tomorrow!! Have you had any scans showing how many follicles you've got ready?

My iui was at 830 but got pushed back due to a couple collecting at the office and putting us a back by a half hour. They said they figured I had o'd either on Sunday night or sometime in the night Sunday/early Monday but they said they could still see fluid that was surrounding my ovaries from o so that it had to have been recent, they said they weren't at all concerned so I have no choice but to trust them because I don't know lol.

I am trying to keep myself relaxed this tww but it's hard to keep it off my mind lol, so I too always dread the tww!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:13 pm

It's so hard to trust them, isn't it?! I find the same thing, I'm always wondering if the timing is right, if we aren't a bit too early or a bit too late... but in the end, we do have to trust them! I guess the feeling of lack of control is frustrating, hang in there! I'm glad that they felt confident that O had just happened and that therefore your chances of success were good. I think that's a very positive sign :)

I have one dominant follicle, it was 19 on Monday so should be 21-24 tomorrow when I have my IUI. I'm feeling optimistic that this is a great size so hopefully there's a great quality egg in there and hopefully it's a sticker!
Me 41, SO 46

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:59 pm

This was my first round of the gonal-f and iui, I've done the ovidrel multiple times with timed intercourse but never before iui or the injections. So I wasn't sure what to expect but I thought you weren't supposed to o prior to the iui so I was concerned but as hard as it is I'll need to trust their word I'm sure they know better than me lol.

Do you have any children or are you ttc #1?

What time is your appointment tomorrow?? Let me know how it goes?? I hope this is both of our cycles for our bfps!!! That is a great size!! Do you trigger or o when your body naturally needs to? Good luck tomorrow, we can obsess through the tww together ;) lol
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:40 am

Good luck panda!! Fx!! Let me know how it goes!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:54 am

hey Ckatta, the IUI went well. i just responded on my other thread that i felt like it was the best IUI experience so far. probably because it was with my favourite nurse. she's just a wonderful, warm, and super genuine person who makes you feel comfortable. and she's funny. all my levels looked good too and yes, O'd on my own. so i'm feeling pretty optimistic.

this will be the first baby for me. bursting with hope right now :D

how are you doing? will this be your first as well?
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:50 pm

That's great news, I've got everything crossed for you!!! Good luck :) it makes such a huge difference when you have good nurses/physicians that you see, I love my RE's staff , they always make my appointments so easy and laid back.

No not my first it will be our 3rd, I had no problems with fertility previously but after my son I got the mirena IUD and now 4 years after removal and we are still trying. Its been a long rough bumpy 4 years of ttc!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:20 am

Ckatta, how's it going? How are you feeling? I'm not feeling anything yet! Just wanting time to speed up so this two week wait can be over sooner, such torture.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:02 pm

Hi!
I'm 7 dpiui.. NOTHING going on!!! Tender boobs but that is very normal for me! But I think that's good, it helps me to not obsess over everything I'm feeling lol.

How many dpiui are you now? How long is your lp typically??
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:22 pm

I'm only 4dpiui, ugh, it's like every minute is crawling by lol. My lp is on the longer end, usually 15 or 16 days. But I'm fairly confident that I'll know by 12dpiui, and definitely by 15dpiui when I get my bloodwork done. The last time I was pregnant I could see a faint line by 11dpiui and i was feeling symptoms by then. besides tender boobies, which I normally get about a week before af anyways, I started to notice that things smelled way too strong. I know they say that every pregnancy is different but I'm hoping to have similar clues this time. Though of course, so far, nothing.

I think 7dpiui is too soon to feel anything as well. Are you taking any supplements or eating pineapple core to help with implantation? I have been meaning to run out and buy a pineapple... can't hurt :)
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:37 am

Morning!!

I've got everything crossed for you that this is your month!! Did your sample have good numbers Post wash?? This cycle everything seemed to have gone well for you, so fx your sticky bfp will show up!! When will you start to test?? Some months I don't test at all and other months I go crazy and start testing at like 8 dpo lol.

Yes way too early to feel anything, the only thing I feel is the same typical stuff that happens every cycle. Which that's hard not to let it get me down, I'm getting the typical pre af irritability, typical pms for me :( I'm overly concerned that both eggs released before the iui but she said they still had great fluid around the ovaries so it had to have been a recent ovulation, but could have possibly been the night before iui, im holding out hope that they released at different times and one was right before iui so it was still viable. Time will tell I guess. It's my first Injectibles cycle so idk how long my lp will be, typically on femara it was 14 femara with trigger was 16, so it's a waiting game lol.
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:50 am

Morning! Thank you for your positive energy and kind words! I hope so badly that this is my month. The sperm sample was great post wash, 14 mil, that's the best I've had so far and it's considered really good for a donor sample (donor samples are always smaller because the cryobanks split up one donor ejaculate multiple times, those places are shameless cash cows). One thing that's concerning me is my temperature. I track my temp even though my doctor disapproves and every time I mention it she dismisses it. My doctor feels like the temp diff is so minimal and there are so many factors that could contribute to fluctuations besides progesterone that it's therefore not a reliable method for tracking O. But I'm a rebel like that so I do it anyways, I find it gives me a pretty good idea of when I've ovulated. Well, my temp seemed to spike a bit on Saturday which I thought was a good sign but then it went way down again Sunday and Monday and is finally back up again today. But last night I didn't sleep well and kept waking up so feel like today's readings may not be reliable. So I can't even tell if my temperature has truly spiked and if it hasn't spiked then I haven't ovulated. Which is crazy because I'm now 5dpiui. So I feel like I'm having the opposite problem from you.

It doesn't make sense that I didn't ovulate yet because my estradiol and lh levels were so high in my bloodwork on Wednesday and usually I get a temp spike a couple days after my IUI so I dunno what to think... the low temp doesn't make sense either. My doctor is probably right and I should give up temping because it's driving me crazy. This is why I wish they had suggested that I use a trigger shot! That way we can be sure that I've O'd. If there's a next time, I'm definitely asking for ovidrel.

So when did you do the Ovidrel? Was it 36 hours before your IUI? Have you done a medicated cycle in the past? I wonder if the Ovidrel maybe works too well for you and they should take that into consideration if you have to go through this again and do the IUI in less than the prescribed 36 hours. But hopefully you won't have to go through this again because this will be your month! If you O'd overnight, your eggs were still likely viable in the morning and there were at least two of them at that point waiting to receive the sperm. Do you think your third follie may have released later as well? And I know you don't want to get your hopes up but af symptoms are pretty much the same as pregnancy symptoms so maybe...

When are you going to start testing? Are you 9dpiui now? I'm trying to hold off until 11dpiui because that's when I got my last BFP ("trying" being the key word :? )
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 am

I temped for a few cycles but I gave it up bc I started getting monitored constantly and knew when o was so I had no need for it really. There can be a secondary estrogen surge which does lower temp but typically around 3/4 dpo and is usually only one day. Do you track your temp on FF? That usually helps try to decipher what's going on. I definitely think asking for a trigger is a good idea!! If they'll allow it then you'll have so much more knowledge of o timing!!

I didn't realize they split a sample up like that! I thought a sample would be a full sample. That's crazy!!! But 14 mil that's a lot, enough to do what they need to do :) I'm hopeful for you, try not to let your temp aggravate you too much. If your bw showed you were ready then I'm sure you o'd, blood is much more reliable.

I triggered on Saturday night at 830 then iui on Monday at 830 am. I have been on medicated cycles just not Injectibles this was my first cycle for those. I've taken 5 rounds of clomid, and I've taken 8 rounds of femara about 1/2 of those were paired with the ovidrel. I just had a lap and hysterscopy done on 3/1 of this year so now we are getting more aggressive after he corrected some things during surgery.

I know for sure I had 2 release but they weren't sure if the 3rd had released or started shrinking back down. I still had follies that were visible but small so it's unclear with the 3rd. God I pray this is both of our cycles, I have 0 interest in doing injections for another 2 weeks. I'll do it of course if need be but I don't really want to lol.

I'm trying not to test. It pisses me off seeing nothing but bfn's. I have the wondfo dip ic's and there's always a line where the test line is and sometimes it's light , sometimes it has color and that drives me crazy, even though I know it's not a bfp it still always gives me hope. I got a bad batch I'm assuming so I really don't want to test (as of yet) , it's upsetting to see one more bfn, that's all I've seen for 4 years. Truth be told I'm afraid to test, I'm afraid of another disappointing bfn I guess is more like it. when do you typically start testing?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Oh Ckatta, I feel for you! What a rollercoaster, I'm sorry to hear that it's been 4 years of this. You are one tough woman though. Have you been doing IUIs the whole time or were you just taking the meds and trying to concieve the old fashioned way? How do the injections compare to the Clomid and Femara? Did you find that Clomid made your cycles longer? And did it stimulate your ovaries enough to produce multiple follies? Are you considering IVF?

My doctor gave me the choice to try either clomid or injectibles but after talking to her and doing tons of research, I felt like clomid might be pointless and that the risk of multiples with injectibles is too great for a single mum like me. So I am actually starting to very seriously consider IVF. Also because of my age. We know that I can get pregnant but who knows how long it will take to get a healthy egg. The cost of the IUI's plus semen is really starting to add up at this point and I'm starting to feel like at this rate, IVF might be my best option.

I didn't realize you could have a secondary estrogen surge... I don't use fertility friend, I use kindara which I think maybe doesn't have as many analysis tools. But you're right, bloods are way more reliable anyways, I think this is my doctors point. I should really just stop temping. Ugh.

I usually start testing way to early, like 9dpo but for my last iui I was able to hold off until 12dpiui. I'm hoping to hold off this cycle too but we'll see. I started off this cycle on such a positive note and now I can feel that fading a bit and am starting to feel a bit down and pessimistic. I have the cheapie wondfo's too. I hate the dipping part, I would much rather pee on a stick but the good ones are so expensive. Try to hold off testing for as long as you can. How long is your lp typically?
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Next

Return to IUI