Gonal-f, ovidrel, iui.. Anybody else??

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Gonal-f, ovidrel, iui.. Anybody else??

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:28 am

Mglupe fx for you!!! I hope you get your bfp!!! That would be awesome after everything you've gone through!!

Chantilly how awful, I'm battling a sinus infection and there's a stomach bug going around all around us , I'm using immunity boosting essential oils all over my family, but I'm hoping yours is a sign of a pending bfp!! Do you go in for a beta?
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Klick » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:28 pm

Yes, the smoke alarm was just a false alarm, lol! I ovulated CD 16 and am now 4 DPO. Oh, and I also have heard that feeling like you're getting sick can be a sign of a BFP so this might be your favorite cold ever!
Klick
Friend

Postby pandagrl » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:01 am

Ckatta, your RE sounds wonderful. I'm glad he's so flexible and has made you guys feel comfortable with all the different options. That's how all doctors should be! I hope you're feeling good and getting a well-deserved rest from ttc.

AF came yesterday so I'll be repeating a bunch of fertility tests starting tomorrow. I also have my consult at the other clinic tomorrow as well.

Hope the rest of you guys are doing well, we're all one day closer to our BFP, I'm convinced of it! Stay strong ladies :)
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby chantillylace » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:08 pm

panda--- new clinic means new possibilities!
klick-- hope these days go fast! hoping for a natural BFP xx

AFM- head cold comes and goes it's mostly at night I read it can be a side effect of the lovely crinone. I have also been sleeping with 2 fans running because of a heat wave so it could be that as well. Decided to test today not for a BFP but just too see if my trigger was gone and yup all gone. I also used my one and only test. beta on Saturday so I am just gonna wait it out despite knowing I was only testing the trigger out seeing a blank test was depressing and I am not in a rush to see any more lol DH and I are off for camping on wed I feel like a few days away from the internet and technology is just what I need so I can stop repeated googling lol. best wishes all around
me 33 (slight DOR and FSH 10) DH 39 Azoospermia
2014---- removed fibroid, HSG ALL CLEAR
IUI #1 BFN IUI #2 BFN
Added clomid and a new donor
IUI #3 BFN IUI #4 BFN
2016--- new donor, new bank, 30lb lighter and Adding injectable GONAL F, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories and monitoring
Aug 2016 IUI #5......
chantillylace
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:01 am

Klick good to hear it was a false alarm!! How are you feeling post o so far?

Panda he really is awesome! The break has been welcomed with open arms, I've not thought about ttc at all, I've not been as active in here either, it's really been nice!

Today things start going for you! Let me know how your appointment and tests go, you'll now schedule your other procedure too right??

Chantilly you're almost there!!! Fx for you this cycle!!!! I hope all these signs aren't the meds and are real bfp symptoms!! Enjoy your getaway, a break from it all is never a bad idea!! :)

I'm cd12/13 opks are still really light but making progress. Slow and steady I guess :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:24 am

Chantilly, I hope you're feeling better... and I hope like Ckatta said that its not really cold symptoms but rather a BFP working itself up. Fingers crossed for you!

Ckatta, so glad you're enjoying the break. I've been on the boards less too, it's nice not to have to think about TTC 24/7 lol.

I had my first round of testing at my regular clinic this morning. My antral follicle count continues to be amazing - 12 on one side, 11 on the other. My AMH is also ridiculously high (because the doctor thinks I might be borderline PCOS). Based on the standard tests, everything looks great, especially for my age. If I remain with my original clinic, I will start estrogen priming for IVF on day 20 of this cycle and then stims after my september cycle.

I have my appointment at the other clinic over my lunch hour today... let's see what they have to say! I'll keep you posted. I hope I remember to ask all the questions I have to ask! Feeling a bit overwhelmed at the prospect of starting somewhere new :)
Me 41, SO 46

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:06 am

Chantilly how are you feeling? Where are you at in your cycle??

Panda it has been nice. I am using opks but they haven't put any pressure on us, they are still so light we have plenty of time! We aren't doing EOD but we are fairly active so once they start showing progression we will try for EOD but I won't push it.. If we can we can if we can't we can't :)

Estrogen priming? Stims? Lol what does all this mean haha I'm so lost when it comes to Ivf :) you're so close this is amazing!! You could be pregnant soon panda!!!! I'm so excited for you!! How did your other appointment go?? What are you thinking??

My opk yesterday was definitely darker , not positive but we are getting there!! :)
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:25 am

If your OPK was darker, I hope you're BD'ing! :)

The appointment at the other fertility clinic was a complete disaster. I got there at 12:30 and didn't leave until 5:00 pm!!!!!!!!!!!!! Apparently consult appointments are 2-3 hours but no one told me so I was expecting to be able to return to work. Obviously that didn't happen. I stuck it out because I had been waiting for this appointment for so long and I wanted to hear what the doctor would say and I wanted to compare my antral follicle counts between the two clinics. I waited for the doctor to see me for 2.5 hours. When I did finally see him, he kept taking calls and stopping our discussion so that he could text and respond "quickly" to emails. I have never had this experience before. I understand he's a busy guy but come on. He diagnosed me with endometriosis based on our interview but he was a horrible listener! I didn't say I had severe pain during my periods but he said I did, I don't know where he got that, apparently we didn't have the same conversation! He basically heard what he wanted to hear. I had to have two ultrasounds, one by the technician and then he wanted to repeat it himself. Then he wanted to do a full physical. The appointment dragged on and on and he talked and talked at me. He wasn't unpleasant, he just wasn't a good listener and wasn't good at answering questions, he also gave me the impression that he was doing a sales pitch, which made my skin crawl.

So yes, I "qualify" for the government funded IVF at his clinic and I could start right away but I MUST do ICSI and PGS testing and use an embryoscope which will all cost me $5000 bucks, apparently that's a deal. He claims they have the cheapest PGS testing in Ontario but I know for a fact that it's less expensive at my current clinic so yeah, it all felt like a sales pitch. He also wants to put me on a very aggressive protocol which I'm not sure I'm comfortable with. All in all, it was a pretty horrible experience and I didn't feel the trust. It looks like I'm going to pay for a round of IVF at my original clinic.... I'm pretty upset and frustrated. Just goes to show how different reproductive clinics can be... I guess the experience wasn't a complete waste but it was a huge disappointment.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby pandagrl » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:32 am

oh yeah, my original clinic counted 23 antral follicles at my ultrasound in the morning. In the afternoon, at the new clinic, they counted 29 antral follicles. I'm not complaining because those are great counts for my age but just goes to show how much results could differ between different sonographers...
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Klick » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:47 am

OMG pandagrl, that sounds so horrible!!! What is it with the American medical system?!?! Honestly, your sanity is worth a lot of money and I would stick with the clinic that you're comfortable with. At least you don't have to wonder if the other one would have been awesome. :-P
Klick
Friend

Postby mglupe1979 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:24 pm

What? OMG!! What a nightmare!! Im so sorry these doc can take advantage of us wanting to have a baby. Is there any reason your office doesn't cover you under that govt fund?
I will actually report them. Not sure what agency but i would. They are probably taken advantage off these funds.

Grrrr!!! Im piss

As for me 7 dpo no simptom. This month has been really easy on my body since i didn't get the trigger shot jijij. Im trying to stay positive but im already feeling this is not my month once again. My cervix has drop to a medium i can feel it now. Im already thinking on what to do next month. feeling that im leaning to just try on my own and take a break on going to Puerto Rico for ultra sound, folicle scan and canceling iui once again. There plan for next month is for injectabel femara trigger and iui. Its alot, i dont even think i will aforted for next cycle. I will probably just use the extra prescription on clomid i have jijiji and ttc on our own.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:38 am

Thanks Klick and mcglupe! I'm on a waiting list to get gov funded ivf at my current clinic but i'm on the list for May 2017!!!! Way too long to wait at my age. Mcglupe, you said it well, I felt like my desire to have a child was being exploited. This is one of the biggest clinics in Toronto and I feel like I will be just a number if I go there. My current clinic is part of a teaching hospital and they are so much more laid back, there is no pushy vibe. I would rather pay for a round of ivf on my own and go to a clinic I am comfortable at then go somewhere where I'll feel herded like cattle to get my one shot at a gov funded IVF cycle.

I'm sorry you're aren't feeling any symptoms yet but 7dpo is still early! Don't give up girl. I know it's so tiring and exhausting. I think your feeling of taking a break from the clinic and from all the trips to Puerto Rico so that you can try on your own is a good idea. Even if you just do it for a month or two, you'll save some money and it's nice to get a break from going to the clinic all the time, trust me! I was nervous to take a break at first, but I have enjoyed this past month and had so much less stress. Now I'm ready to get back to trying and I feel refreshed. I hope you get your BFP soon, fx :)
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby mglupe1979 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:04 pm

Pandagrl, tell us more about this govt funding for one ivf. Your still go through the process of collecting your eggs right. They usually only out back two at the time. What happen to the rest if you have more?
How much more is to freeze them and to go thru the process again without collection new ones? Sorry i have not look into this before.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:24 am

Panda the whole experience there sounds like a nightmare!! We as women ttc aren't the same as the next in line to see you, we need individual personal attention and care. Our story is just a bit different from everyone else's. I'm sorry he was so rude like that, I wouldn't go back into an office like that if I had to! That's the shittiest bedside manner a physician can give to a patient looking to come to his facility!! He's probably so busy that you're right you'd be a number in his office not a face with a name and known background when he sees you! Hearing that you experienced this makes me so thankful for the office I go to even if it is a long drive and way out of the way. If stick with your regular clinic and wait it out until May or jump on board and pay for a cycle If you can!

Klick where are you at in your cycle?

Chantilly how are you feeling, any better? Where are you at?

Mglupe 7 dpo is still early, don't give up yet!! Hang on till the end!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:40 am

Mglupe, I live in Toronto, in Canada. This year the provincial gov started offering 1 round of IVF to all women with fertility issues under the age of 43. The one round includes all FET's resulting from the retrieval. The demand has been so high that most fertility clinics now have long waiting lists. My current clinic, where i'm on the waiting list for May 2017, is currently booking patients in for November 2017, more than a year away! It's crazy.

I went to a second clinic, a big huge clinic here in Toronto, to see if I could get the gov funded IVF there sooner and it looks like I can. I would not have to be on a waiting list. Unfortunately I didn't like the doctor or the clinic and the doctor is insisting that I have to do pregenetic testing of the embryos which would cost me $5000 extra out of pocket.

My plan is to go ahead and pay for one round of IVF at my current clinic (I will be starting my protocol on Sept 2nd, egg retrieval should be at the end of September). If it fails, I'm still on the list for a gov-funded IVF cycle in May 2017 so that will be my back-up plan. That gives me two shots at success with IVF. IUI's have cost me $1300-$1400 each month so for me continuing with IUI does not make sense after 5 failed attempts.

How's everyone doing? i'm going to miss you guys when I start posting over on the IVF boards! Wishing you all luck and hope you all get your BFPs soon! Stay strong ladies!
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IUI