Gonal-f, ovidrel, iui.. Anybody else??

Are you trying intrauterine insemination this month? Or have some questions about IUI? This is the place for you!

Moderators: JessM, southernbelle, maddy, unaffected

Re: Gonal-f, ovidrel, iui.. Anybody else??

Postby Klick » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:14 pm

Ckatta, thanks for always asking! I am on CD 25, 9 dpo. Everything looks decent on the chart but too early to find out anything, of course. Where are you in your cycle?
Klick
Friend

Postby mglupe1979 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi pandagrl that sound like a plan. Question do you have to have to do the pregenetic testing before the ivf?
I understand how you feel with 5iui. I to have done 5 iui so far and no sign of BFP. Just now my mine is runing. What is wrong with me? What is happening? We have try 24 hr iui 36 hr on our own, femara, menopur, injectabel,and nothing.
Today i tested just to test im at 9dpo im already feeling rf is going to show her face earlier than the cycle I use progesteron. My period is schedule for next week Friday but will not be surprise its here by wednesday next week, 14dpo. Since clomid made me ovulate on day 13 of my cycle.
Not sure what to do, its frustrating. How many iui should i do or we do? My doctor has never mention IVF for me, i guess because everything has come back normal. But what is normal?
Yes, all we can do is stay strong.
Baby dust ladies to all of us.
mglupe1979
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chantillylace » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:53 pm

hi ladies!

I have been a little MIA but that's cause and hubby went wildness camping so no internet at all! It was nice to get away from google and work lol tomorrow I go in for my beta in the morning and should have to results by late afternoon. I have not tested since 8dpiui when I verified my trigger was gone. I will admit I am oddly not optimistic something about this cycle just feels like its a bust well that and all symptoms have vanished despite still using progesterone every day. I guess either way I will know tomorrow... take care ladies

PS I am super jealous that I live in BC and there's no IVF coverage here at all. Every thing except blood tests has been OOP for us :cry:
me 33 (slight DOR and FSH 10) DH 39 Azoospermia
2014---- removed fibroid, HSG ALL CLEAR
IUI #1 BFN IUI #2 BFN
Added clomid and a new donor
IUI #3 BFN IUI #4 BFN
2016--- new donor, new bank, 30lb lighter and Adding injectable GONAL F, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories and monitoring
Aug 2016 IUI #5......
chantillylace
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:34 am

Panda don't leave us when you start Ivf!! Stay and keep us updated!!!

Mglupe maybe you'll get your bfp this cycle and you won't need to go back for another iui or any meds!! Fx

Chantilly don't lose hope , you're so close!! How was your camping getaway?? We camp often and love it, but I won't tent camp around here or where we camp, too many bears lol.

Klick you're almost there too!! How long is your lp typically??

I'm cd 17. I'd guess my opk will be positive soon, Maybe today or tomorrow. I do know that I'm sick of using them and waiting for o, maybe I should have not started them this cycle and really took the whole cycle off completely. I enjoyed not thinking about any of it lol.
Me: 32
DH: 41
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chantillylace » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:26 pm

so I went for my beta this morning and since it is a weekend my clinic wont get the result until tomorrow BUT I have a ehealth account which lets me see my lab results BEFORE my RE does lol so my beta came back at 18? I don't even know what that means some sites say anything over 10 is a positive others say anything over 25? and since my clinic is not open I cannot even ask. I wish I never looked! I wont tell DH cause I don't want him excited for nothing.. I don't even want to get excited for nothing. could this be a chemical pregnancy? I am so confused and worried. I have the paper work for a repeat beta on Monday. Am I just in limbo until then? any one ever heard of a beta that low?
IUI #1 BFN IUI #2 BFN
IUI #3 BFN IUI #4 BFN
2016--- new donor, new bank, 30lb lighter and Adding injectable GONAL F, trigger shot, progesterone suppositories and monitoring
Aug 2016 IUI #5......
chantillylace
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ckatta14 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:50 pm

My RE office says anything over 5 is positive!! I've got everything crossed for you for great news on Monday!!! Until then try not to worry about it (yea right lol)

Positive opk today but no bd.. So much for any chances this cycle.. First cycle off meds to try on our own but he "doesn't feel like it" sooooo there goes any shot for this cycle :(
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby chantillylace » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:00 pm

a positive only means you will ovulate in 12-36 hours soooo lots of time to seduce him and or get him drunk? (works for my DH lol) don't forget a egg is viable for at least 24 hours so you can BD within the next 2 days or so. Plenty of time for him to change his mind!

I am going to try and not worry but my heart is caught in my throat. I wanted to tell DH tomorrow for our anniversary but I don't want to jump the gun. I need the number to be at least 60ish on Monday
IUI #1 BFN IUI #2 BFN
IUI #3 BFN IUI #4 BFN
Aug 2016 IUI #5......
chantillylace
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ckatta14 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:40 am

Thanks chantilly for your words, you're right. But right now I'm so upset with him, I should have stayed on Injectibles and did another iui. We struggle with him having a low sex drive so I really shouldn't be shocked that it happened, it's not the first time that's for sure.

Do you have any tests to take? I'd POAS and see what it looks like, I believe you're on the way to hearing the call that verifies your bfp!! You could tell your dh today (happy anniversary btw!!!) and just tell him you aren't sure what it means or what's gonna happen. Or you could test and give him the test if there's a line!!!!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:58 am

Chantilly it's Monday!!! Keep us posted!!! Fx good luck, I hope you get great news today!!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:47 am

Chantilly, this is exciting news! I'm so hoping your numbers go up today and you get a verified BFP! Happy anniversary btw! I'm surprised that of all the provinces BC doesn't have coverage for fertility treatments. But hopefully that won't matter for you anymore, fingers crossed!

Ckatta, I'm sorry hear that hubs isn't cooperating, but like Chantilly said, there's still time for him to change his mind... And if he doesn't, think of it as another month off to regroup. Hoping for the best for you.

Mcglupe, pregenetic testing is optional, you don't have to do it when you do ivf. It helps to rule out genetic abnormalities in the embryos and therefore theoretically improve pregnancy chances. But it's really expensive, $3-5K extra on top of IVF. I would rather not do it for other reasons as well. There seems to be a high rate of false positives which in older women actually decreases the chance of pregnancy. Most doctors highly recommend the testing but there are a few outliers who are suspicious of the accuracy rates of the technology and I kind of agree with them. I would consider PGS if my first round of IVF is a bust (if I went for a second round of IVF) or if none of the fertilitized embryos make it to blastocyst stage (live until they are 5 days old).

I'm going for a hysteroscopy tomorrow, very nervous...
Me 41, SO 46

IUI #1 - 8/2015 - BFP but miscarried
4 more IUI's in 2016, all BFN

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
5/2/2017 - 6 eggs made the thaw and all fertilized
5/7/2017 - 1 embryo transferred - BFN
2 frosties remaining

7/22/2017 - natural BFP - chemical
8/21/2017 - another natural BFP :omg:

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby Ckatta14 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:28 am

Panda don't be nervous all will go well! Do you need the whole day off work or only a short time?? I had one done but mine was done while I was under anesthesia for my lap but I wasn't sore or anything. I had 4 polyps removed and he scraped my uterus, I bled lightly for a few days but was never sore. Not from that anyways, my lap was a different story lol. It'll all go smooth, don't be nervous :)

We got a bd in last night.. I typically have 2 full days of positives. Day before yesterday was a shade light so I thought it would be positive that night (Saturday) for sure , temps showed me I always o'd on day 2 of positive opk
So I got upset over not getting a bd in but yesterday the opk was the same color as the day before. So I either missed my surge on Saturday night or it was a failed attempt, I never with my eyes saw an actual full blown positive, I just assumed based off my history that my evening test would be blazing positive. It's possible I didn't see it as I didn't test Saturday night bc I was so upset with dh that I just didn't test And I should have. Today will tell for sure if it's darker or lighter. Idk, I'll go get my progesterone test done in a week like I'm supposed to and I'll know for sure. This is why I quit doing this stuff (opk, temps) it gets me all stressed out even when I'm having a really lax cycle. Ugh..

Have a great day!!
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:46 pm

Thanks Ckatta, I'm sure you're right, I'm sure it will be nothing. It's supposed to a be a really quick procedure. I'm not taking any time off just going to the clinic over my lunch hour.

Glad you got a bd in last night! I think you were still surging yesterday even though the line was light. And ovulation occurs after the surge, so you should be covered! Did you check your temp this morning? Is it up? I know what you mean about all the stress of OPKs and temping! Ugh, I so agree with you. I didn't temp at all this weekend, just to give myself a break, and because I'm only on day 8 of my cycle today so I figure I could afford to skip a couple days of temping at this point. But I will probably be good going forward knowing that O should be coming in a few days. Anyways, just the two day break from taking my temp was a welcome relief! I really hope we both get to a point where we don't need to track anything anymore becuase we get BFPs!
Me 41, SO 46

IVF - ER 3/3/2017 - canceled cycle (partner couldn't produce sperm - almost killed him)
9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

Postby chantillylace » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:59 pm

hi ladies,
second beta came back at 26. Not even close to a double. I am waiting for RE phone call in the morning. I haven't told DH or tested yet. I have a repeat beta on wed but the bottom line is my numbers are just to low and not progressing fast enough. AF is due tomorrow I don't know if it will start or not. I suppose I am in for a miscarriage or a ectopic pregnancy. I am broken
IUI #1 BFN IUI #2 BFN
IUI #3 BFN IUI #4 BFN
Aug 2016 IUI #5......
chantillylace
BabyDuster
BabyDuster

Postby Ckatta14 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:29 am

Panda good luck today and keep us posted on how everything goes!! I'm not temping and my opk yesterday was much lighter so I'm guessing I missed seeing that blazing positive on Saturday night when I didn't test. I calmed myself back down and realized it really isn't that big of a deal, I got upset with him but in the big picture I wanted to take this month off but once I saw two lines I went right back into that ttc mode lol.

Chantilly... Don't give up just wait for the call and if no af do your repeat blood draw on Wednesday, fx that this is viable for you guys!! I know you're probably so heartbroken but just hang onto a little hope still.. Have you told your dh?
Married since July 2012

DD 12
DS 7
DD 8 weeks
Ckatta14
Girlfriend
Girlfriend

Postby pandagrl » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:11 am

Chantilly, I know you probably want to keep your expectations in check and not get your hopes up too much and I understand that completely but I agree with Ckatta, I think there is still hope. A third beta will give you more info to go on. I'm really sorry that the first one didn't double but sometimes it doesn't and it still leads to a healthy pregnancy. My fingers are crossed that this is the case for you. Holding out for good news for you on Wednesday. Try not to be too down. If this is indeed a pregnancy just starting you don't want to flood your system with the hormones and stress that come from being upset so try your best, chin up. You've got this.

Ckatta, I'm glad you're feeling a little better and remembered that this is supposed to be a break month! So funny how you went right back into ttc mode, lol. I know it's so easy to slip right back into all the obsessing.

Sending out prayers to the universe that we all get our happy endings in this crazy ttc journey soon.
Me 41, SO 46

9 eggs frozen
2 frosties remaining

pandagrl
TTC Princess
TTC Princess

PreviousNext

Return to IUI